SR 113-35: Condemning Ayacucho Massacre Resolution (Passed)

(1/15) > >>

Mr. Reactionary:

A RESOLUTION
To condemn the violence in Peru

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,

Section I. Title

1. This bill may be known as the Resolution to condemn the Ayacucho Massacre.

Section II. Content
1. The Senate of Atlasia condemns the use of violence in Peru and specifically condemns the AyacuchoMassacre that took place on December the fifteenth in Peru
2. The Senate of Atlasia expresses their condolescences with the victims of the Peruvian protests and the Ayacucho Massacre.
3. As a consequence The Senate of Atlasia will expel all Peruvian diplomats from the Republic of Atlasia and Peruvian-Atlasian diplomatic relations will be on hold until further notice.
4. The Senate of Atlasia continues to recognise Pedro Castillo as President of Peru and will provide diplomatic support to him.
5. The Senate of Atlasia encourages early elections to take place and the 1993 constitution to be repealed in order to stop the violence and create stability in Peru.

Sponsor: Laki
Debate on this resolution is now open.

Mr. Reactionary:
This was tabled last session due to no GM Updates. There have since been GM updates so this is now ripe for debate.

LAKISYLVANIA:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliaca_massacre

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-64232230

There has been a new massacre, and there are accusations of genocide to the regime, notably by BBC (there is a genocide inquiry going on). I don't know if the Bucha massacre happened in the game, but it is a similar order of severity as that one.

This is why I would propose suspending diplomatic relations with Peru and providing diplomatic support to Pedro Castillo on the condition of new early elections taking place and a referendum on the 1993 constitution which explains a lot of the issues in Peru right now.

Violence by the Peruvian military and government should be strongly condemned.

GM Team Member and Senator WB:

A RESOLUTION

Section I. Title

Section II. Content
1. The Senate of Atlasia condemns the use of violence in Peru and specifically condemns the AyacuchoMassacre that took place on December the fifteenth in Peru
2. The Senate of Atlasia expresses their condolescences with the victims of the Peruvian protests and the Ayacucho Massacre.
3. As a consequence The Senate of Atlasia will expel all Peruvian diplomats from the Republic of Atlasia and Peruvian-Atlasian diplomatic relations will be on hold until further notice.
4. The Senate of Atlasia continues to recognise Pedro Castillo as President of Peru and will provide diplomatic support to him.
5.4. The Senate of Atlasia encourages early elections to take place and the 1993 constitution to be repealed in order to stop the violence and create stability in Peru.

Amendment, I prefer to stay neutral here since coups are still bad so I don't think we should recognize Castillo.

LAKISYLVANIA:
Quote from: GM Team Member WB on January 25, 2023, 11:59:25 PM

A RESOLUTION

Section I. Title

Section II. Content
5.4. The Senate of Atlasia encourages early elections to take place and the 1993 constitution to be repealed in order to stop the violence and create stability in Peru.

Amendment, I prefer to stay neutral here since coups are still bad so I don't think we should recognize Castillo.

Objection

I'm open to amendments and am open to different proposed amendments but this is not a good one.

You want to tackle "the problem" but you fail to recognise the roots of it (which is why the 1993 constitution reference specifically is added), and you fail to realize that just condemning the violence is not enough. If you want elections to take place, early elections, which i hint to, you need to create the democratic and peaceful environment in which those elections can take place. This is something Atlasia can mediate in.

I'm open to removing support to the former president if president Castillo fails to realize these promises, but under his tenure nobody got killed due to military & police violence or even genocidal acts of violence towards Peruvian indigenous people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page