2023 MLB Season Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:37:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2023 MLB Season Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2023 MLB Season Thread  (Read 6511 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: March 22, 2023, 12:47:41 AM »

Kind of hard to win when you are facing the best hitter and the best pitcher in the world. Even harder to win when he's the same guy.
Is Ohtani really that good?

Where have you been for the past five years?
I'm not doubting that Ohtani is good. I was just wondering if such a lofty praise, going that far, should be unambigiously given to him.
In any case, Japanese people online I've talked to have agreed he's quite talented and I saw no reason to disagree.
I was under the impression the US team would have enough talented players to make up the difference. I guess it wasn't enough. The results speak for themselves.

Decades from now, he will likely be considered the greatest baseball player of all time. Better than Babe Ruth. He's that good.

Describing him both as the outright best hitter as well as the outright best pitcher in the world is still blatantly false. He's come close to looking like the former at specific times (his MVP season, obviously, is the most notable here) but the latter doesn't really hold up.

Calling him the best overall player is ofc fair game.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies