2023 MLB Season Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:04:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2023 MLB Season Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: 2023 MLB Season Thread  (Read 6508 times)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2023, 01:17:58 AM »

Cardinals found yet another way to lose while leading in the 9th, as Jordan Hicks's throwing error led to the Marlins winning 10-9 in walkoff fashion in the bottom of the 9th. A half-inning earlier in the top of the 9th, Jordan Walker's homer gave the Cards the 9-8 lead that would have possibly been enough to give the Cards the win.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2023, 08:01:26 PM »

In a battle of league leaders, the Braves won at Tampa 2-1 despite getting only two hits.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2023, 04:24:48 PM »

The Detroit Tigers pitched a combined no-hitter in a 2-0 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2023, 10:49:13 PM »

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. wins the 2023 Home Run Derby and sets the record for most homers hit in a HRD final (25). Also, he and his father Vladimir Guerrero are the first father-son duo to win the Home Run Derby.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2023, 09:36:16 PM »

I’ve always been more interested in the All Star Game than most, and it pisses me off how bad the NL has been in my lifetime.  They only trail the all-time series by like four games after having lost like 20 of the last 25.  Wish I could have seen some of that dominance!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2023, 11:01:06 PM »

The NL end the 9-game ASG winning streak of the AL, as the Senior Circuit wins 3-2. Rockies C Elías Díaz's game-winning homer gave him the MVP. 
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2023, 11:21:54 PM »

In my lifetime, I've seen the death of All-Star Games, but the MLB ASG remains the one that is truly worth watching.  The players are actually playing the sport and trying to win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2023, 02:46:50 AM »

Yeah these are personally wealthy athletes they were put on TV for us men to watch but the fact remains we are in a Great Recession and theys are multi millionaire athletes and Nike is made in Hong Kong, Othani is Asian

The problem with all all Star games in Football, Hockey, Basketball and Baseball no one likes them anymore

They used to score in baseball they do during regular season not 11/9 anymore the Yankees beat the Cubs 9/0 they used to have Baseball all star games 11/9 whom wants to watch an All Star game 3/2 at least basketball and Football they run up the score not in Hockey or Baseball
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2023, 01:11:38 AM »

I got off work very late tonight so I wouldn't have to work over the weekend- well not as much anyway - and of all the TV and movie choices I had to watch, I for some unknown reason chose to watch- - baseball. I don't think I've watched a full game in decades. Maybe when my sister had her wedding pre-party at PNC Stadium?

I can't explain it. Oh wait! I'm not Hispanic so there's only one other alternative. I'm officially a middle-aged white male!! Cry
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2023, 07:55:22 AM »

White Sox blown out 9/0, I have said they need a players manager type and it's either Frank Thomas or Paul Konerko
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2023, 08:06:44 PM »

Wild one going on in Atlanta as the Braves lead the Diamondbacks 11-8 after 5 innings.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2023, 08:36:31 PM »

A beautiful thing to behold.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2023, 09:55:08 AM »

The Braves turned only the second 8-3-5 triple play in MLB history last night; the first was in 1884 (ironically, it was by the Boston Beaneaters, who later became the Braves).  However, it was the only bright spot for the Braves, who lost 7-1 to the Red Sox.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38071500/braves-turn-first-8-3-5-triple-play-1884-red-sox
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2023, 03:09:40 PM »

Rob Manfred gets an extension as Commissioner until January 2029.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2023, 06:11:19 AM »

The Angels make a big mistake, trade for Lucas Giolito.

The Halos should be trading Shohei Ohtani away, rather than trying to add talent in a futile attempt to resign him that will go nowhere.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2023, 05:56:38 PM »

Potentially huge trade with just a few days to go until the Trade Deadline, as the Mets reach a deal to trade Max Scherzer to the Rangers.

The New York Mets on Saturday agreed to trade pitcher Max Scherzer to the Texas Rangers, pending Scherzer's approval, a source told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.

Scherzer, who has a no-trade clause, is 9-4 this season for the Mets, who have disappointed after an offseason of spending. He has 121 strikeouts in 107.2 innings and 19 starts, but has not been able to keep the Mets competitive in the clogged National League wild-card race.

With Shohei Ohtani staying in Anaheim (I mean Los Angeles), Scherzer almost certainly will be the best pitcher traded this trade deadline.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2023, 02:52:42 PM »

Justin Verlander is returning to Houston, as the Mets trade the future Hall of Famer for two of the Astros best prospects.

The Mets have been in full flegded seller mode the past couple of days, trading David Robertson to the Marlins, Max Scherzer to the Rangers, and Mark Canha to the Brewers.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2023, 05:16:38 PM »

Justin Verlander is returning to Houston, as the Mets trade the future Hall of Famer for two of the Astros best prospects.

The Mets have been in full flegded seller mode the past couple of days, trading David Robertson to the Marlins, Max Scherzer to the Rangers, and Mark Canha to the Brewers.

Between this and the indictment, what a day for my F5 key.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2023, 09:45:05 PM »

After getting Justin Verlander today, the party keeps going in Houston, as Framber Valdez pitches the season's third no-hitter in the Astros's 2-0 victory over the Cleveland Guardians.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2023, 03:20:30 PM »

Orioles fire broadcaster over an absolute nothingburger

This firing was so stupid. It is factually correct that the Orioles have struggled at Tropicana Park.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2023, 08:38:23 AM »

Orioles fire broadcaster over an absolute nothingburger

This firing was so stupid. It is factually correct that the Orioles have struggled at Tropicana Park.

This is a massive stain on an otherwise great season for the Orioles. I don't think I've seen public opinion turn so quickly and so uniformly against an owner as has happened with Angelos. Which is a good thing, imo.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2023, 07:01:15 AM »

Michael Lorenzon threw a no-hitter in the Phillies 2-0 win over the Nationals.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2023, 08:10:10 AM »

I missed it, but Cole Hamels announced his retirement last week.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2023, 11:31:42 PM »

The Milwaukee Brewers are apparently considering relocation, with Nashville and Charlotte the frontrunners.

[ The Milwaukee Brewers could start looking for a new home this fall if state and local officials fail to reach agreement by then on a taxpayer-funded package to fund improvements to American Family Field required in the team’s lease with the state, sources say — a process that might lead them to the boomtowns of Charlotte, North Carolina or Nashville, Tennessee.

Months after Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers proposed spending $290 million in taxpayer dollars to help ensure the Brewers stay in Wisconsin, and after the Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred urged lawmakers to act quickly, a deal has not yet materialized.

That has pushed Brewers officials to a point of contemplating whether communities with fast-growing populations, and no Major League Baseball teams, might be options if state and local officials don't produce enough funding for stadium renovations, sources with knowledge of the dynamic told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel..

For the record, I'm pretty sure New York can support three baseball teams. Let's get a major league franchise back to Brooklyn!!!!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2023, 07:45:25 AM »

The Milwaukee Brewers are apparently considering relocation, with Nashville and Charlotte the frontrunners.

[ The Milwaukee Brewers could start looking for a new home this fall if state and local officials fail to reach agreement by then on a taxpayer-funded package to fund improvements to American Family Field required in the team’s lease with the state, sources say — a process that might lead them to the boomtowns of Charlotte, North Carolina or Nashville, Tennessee.

Months after Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers proposed spending $290 million in taxpayer dollars to help ensure the Brewers stay in Wisconsin, and after the Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred urged lawmakers to act quickly, a deal has not yet materialized.

That has pushed Brewers officials to a point of contemplating whether communities with fast-growing populations, and no Major League Baseball teams, might be options if state and local officials don't produce enough funding for stadium renovations, sources with knowledge of the dynamic told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel..

For the record, I'm pretty sure New York can support three baseball teams. Let's get a major league franchise back to Brooklyn!!!!

Anything to go south for the winter. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies