Why are white liberals the most far left group of voters ideology wise? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:00:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why are white liberals the most far left group of voters ideology wise? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are white liberals the most far left group of voters ideology wise?  (Read 1003 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« on: January 25, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »

Copious amounts of privilege (read: no skin in the game), and exposure to nuance without having the critical thinking abilities to maintain perspective both locally and historically.

Hence, idiocy like: 'Lets defund the police but also, someone broke into my car last week and I went to the police station to report it.' Or any sort of rage about colonialism/patriarchy, etc.

A solution would be to force many of these people to live in, say, Managua or Nouakchott for a short period of time, before returning them to the recesses of Palo Alto or Northern Virginia.

Exactly this and it's frankly hypocrisy.

From my experience, it feels like a lot of them try to gain a sense of superiority through the social justice lens without critically thinking about the real problems or even working with the people they claim to be supporting.

White liberals is a huge category though, and I think these are just a small but quite vocal minority. People of just about any ideology are always going to have small levels of hypocrisy and holes, I think ideally the best people are those who are willing to listen, learn, and grow to form nuanced positions on a variety of issues, reguardless of how far "left" or "right" those positions may be.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 09:28:12 PM »

As someone who is white and liberal, I think it has to do with the fact that generally there's a specific reason why a white person is liberal. By "default", white people are inclined to vote R, the same way black people vote Democratic by "default" and most who don't have very specific reasons. It could be simillar to how people tend to leave a church they were born into only if they specific *dislike* the church or have a problem, by default, they are fine with the church and hence stick with it.

I think Atlas has to remember, for every super engaged person with a thorough understanding of the issues, there's at least several people who just vote just because.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies