When should the Regions decide? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  When should the Regions decide? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: On which of these issues should the Regional governments be the final decision makers within their respective Regions?
Abortion (Yes)

Abortion (No)

Agriculture Policy (Yes)

Agriculture Policy (No)

Capital Punishment (Yes)

Capital Punishment (No)

Parole Eligibility (Yes)

Parole Eligibility (No)

Maximum Sentences (Yes)

Maximum Sentences (No)

Right to Work (Yes)

Right to Work (No)

Minimum Wage (Yes)

Minimum Wage (No)

Maximum Weekly Hours (Yes)

Maximum Weekly Hours (No)

Education Policy (Yes)

Education Policy (No)

Energy Exploration (Yes)

Energy Exploration (No)

Mining Policy (Yes)

Mining Policy (No)

Gun Control (Yes)

Gun Control (No)

State and Local Elections (Yes)

State and Local Elections (No)

I am in the Democratic Alliance

I am in the Federalist Party

I am in the Labor Party

I am in the Peace Party

I am not in any of these Parties

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: When should the Regions decide?  (Read 520 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: January 24, 2023, 09:40:48 PM »

I would favor most of these being handled by the regions. I am ambivalent on some, but adamant when  it comes to abortion, "as much of education as practical" and parts of healthcare. I would say guns, but at the same time I feel like the right to bear arms is a constitutional right so there are limits to how much the regions have leeway in that regards from a guns rights perspective.

I have in the past advocated for regionally and even locally tailored minimum wage formulas, so yeah that is one I could support.

I think it is also not just a question of constitutional limits, but also of game playability. Sure there are times when regions over stepped, but when you "federally decided some thing" in this game it has an permanence to it that shuts down playability potential. That is certainly the case with the abortion issue.

100% Especially when "federally decided some thing" with abortion was a poorly reasoned partisan decision from an unelected oligarchs club that has clogged the arteries of this nation for seven years. Last year they threw out the long standing ZuWo precedent claiming "Roe v Wade is law in the US and is therefore law in Atlasia and is therefore binding precedent". Then mere months later, upon being presented with direct US supreme court precedent they didnt like, the same oligarchs club said "actually, other than Roe v Wade, no other Supreme Court decision is binding precedent." Thats contradictary, bad-faith, and blatantly partisan reasoning by the Court. They rigged the issue forever which isnt fun. We merely discuss judicial reform and the court freaks out about how mean it is to not have a literal lifetime appointment. 

Its a shame some people lack the vision. Game reform is coming whether invested players want it or not. Tonight the Senate will pass forward a Constitutional Amendment to allow for direct referenda. We are debating a Constitutional Amendment to unclog the judicial branch. Over 80% of the South last weekend felt that some sort of reform in how the federal government dominates the Regions is necessary. This poll shows that Regional sovereignty over particular issues isnt fringe or novel. And for merely broaching the topic, for merely discussing that we want to discuss an amendment on Regional Rights to secure our sovereignty, as well as that of Lincoln and Fremont, over purely internal matters, we get Labor screeching and the GMs deciding that what, there are now mobs of people demanding violence? The forces of reaction may seem powerful when their cries are loud, but those are the death cries of a dying animal. We will have peace. We will have federalism. We will have game reform. For the people want these things.

NYE reached out to you for comment to clarify anything, correct? Why didn’t you make the case that this was just a “regional power affirmation”, also lol the whole “economic partnership with Atlasia” stuff makes this seem like a call for secession. Of course you can expect people to not agree with this in game.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 09:46:56 PM »

Anyways if this all indeed is some grand misunderstanding, then I think an official statement clarifying things given how clearly confused everyone is about the entire situation is warranted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies