Emerson - Trump +3 vs Biden, Biden +1 vs DeSantis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:33:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Emerson - Trump +3 vs Biden, Biden +1 vs DeSantis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Emerson - Trump +3 vs Biden, Biden +1 vs DeSantis  (Read 1435 times)
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2023, 11:33:08 AM »

SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 12:42:26 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3827864-trump-leads-biden-in-hypothetical-2024-matchup-poll/
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 12:45:09 PM »

Biden is sinking politically
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 01:06:04 PM »

Emerson is sinking as a pollster.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 01:10:37 PM »

Fancyarcher
United States
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 01:12:33 PM »

Emerson was so poor this past cycle, excuse me while I take their polls nowadays with a massive grain of salt.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 01:15:55 PM »

Emerson was so poor this past cycle, excuse me while I take their polls nowadays with a massive grain of salt.
Cope
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 01:26:45 PM »

Cope
Can you do anything but be a smug, obnoxious hack? You really believe that Emerson is a good pollster and Trump will do better against Biden than DeSantis? Do you REALLY believe that or are you just being another ignorant jackass of a troll?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 01:30:01 PM »

Cope
Can you do anything but be a smug, obnoxious hack? You really believe that Emerson is a good pollster and Trump will do better against Biden than DeSantis? Do you REALLY believe that or are you just being another ignorant jackass of a troll?
I do really believe it yes. I think they're both ahead of him currently. The hacks are the dems who think Biden is some sort of FDR politically. What a joke.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 01:37:53 PM »

Unless there are polls showing Trump ahead in PA WI and one of NV/AZ/GA then Trump isn’t ahead in the polls .

Also 15% undecided is way to high
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 01:43:07 PM »

Cope

They're not mutually exclusive.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 01:49:41 PM »

Unless there are polls showing Trump ahead in PA WI and one of NV/AZ/GA then Trump isn’t ahead in the polls .

The undecided is actually a good sign for Trump/GOP in that Biden as an incumbent should be polling higher. If both sides are unpopular that favors the challenger. In 2016 Johnson helped Trump.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 01:52:08 PM »

Pretty much this. And all recent incumbent presidents seemed more vulnerable than they ended up being. I also guess America is tired of Trump and that he would be a weak challenger in 2024. DeSantis is a stronger candidate, at least he makes the impression.
Fancyarcher
United States
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 01:55:22 PM »

Does this poll literally need to have a second thread? You're coming off like a bit of a hack.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 02:03:01 PM »

Does this poll literally need to have a second thread? You're coming off like a bit of a hack.
Two polls show him ahead lately - Harris and Emerson so maybe I should have said two polls?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 02:15:03 PM »

Emerson continues to be absolute junk. Trump getting 18% of the black vote and winning 18-34 year olds. You would think after this past cycle, they would try and fix it, but clearly not

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 03:18:39 PM »

Two polls show him ahead lately - Harris and Emerson so maybe I should have said two polls?

Nevertheless, Fancyarcher has a valid point.  We have an entire subforum dedicated to polls, and that's where they should be discussed.  I'll move this thread over there and merge it with the existing thread for the Emerson poll.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 04:05:56 PM »

Nevertheless, Fancyarcher has a valid point.  We have an entire subforum dedicated to polls, and that's where they should be discussed.  I'll move this thread over there and merge it with the existing thread for the Emerson poll.
Dems touted polls for years when they showed good numbers for them. Can't have it both ways.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 04:10:09 AM »

Yeah that hack poll showing Biden plus 8
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 10:13:58 AM »

Doubtful Trump does better than DeSantis nationally, but the amount of undecideds make the poll pretty much worthless. Bottom line might just be neither Biden nor Trump create major enthusiasm at this point and DeSantis is an unknown quantity at the national level.

You're back on the Trump train?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 05:16:10 PM »

Emerson had two absolutely glorious cycles in 2018/2020 when it was among the best pollsters, but it was pretty bad in both 2016 and 2022, and it doesn't seem like it's improving.

(Not that Trump couldn't beat Biden, for the record -- I think in his case if he has the chops to win the GOP primary the general is perfectly winnable -- but it would be very surprising if he were leading now, much less out-performing DeSantis.)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 08:30:34 PM »

Dems touted polls for years when they showed good numbers for them. Can't have it both ways.

Tout it all you like, but do it in the right place.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 08:35:04 PM »

Well, that's back on iggy for SN2903 for me at least.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2023, 10:30:27 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2023, 10:38:15 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Doubtful Trump does better than DeSantis nationally, but the amount of undecideds make the poll pretty much worthless. Bottom line might just be neither Biden nor Trump create major enthusiasm at this point and DeSantis is an unknown quantity at the national level.

You're back on the Trump train?

It won't matter that much Act blue has cut it's donations to candidates that aren't incumbent that's why they cut Ryan and Beasley down, Act blue donations are gonna he mass but clearly not yonna tiop 2016/20 number why did Hillary and Biden get so many donations because of Obama and Bernie, Biden is tainted we all live in landslide states but lack of donations, just like Ryan and Beasley
We all can vote D but don't have to donate and all DeSantis or Trump has to donis win VA, AZ and GA and Ds will be down to 254 Kaine is fav but not inevitable TMac was fav but he lost by 2 and there is a Navy  base in VA and if you are in military and took classified documents you are Crt Marshall

I said it won't affect Ds but this Document story will affect Indies and online donations I never said we are gonna vote R, because we live in landslide D states NY, NJ IL and CA
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2023, 12:37:52 AM »

All these polls showing Trump momentum are fake. I don't understand how people still take the emerging Republican majority crap serious after 2022. Trump winning the popular vote by 3 (or doing better than DeSantis would in a general election) is a masturbatory fantasy for mentally ill Trump voters.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies