2023 Philadelphia mayoral election megathread

<< < (2/38) > >>

wbrocks67:
Yeah this one is pretty wild, with so many candidates - and good ones at that! I wouldn't put much stock into any poll right now (especially a straw poll) considering only two candidates are up on the air I believe - though I think Gym should be up soon.

I would think that Gym will likely be the frontrunner, but with so many candidates, it's only going to take like 30% of the vote to win this, I think, unless something crazy happens.

Too bad because I also do like Derek Green, Cherelle Parker, and Rebecca Rynhardt.

Comrade Funk:
Domb is the only guy I've been seeing on TV.

Lambsbread:
Anyone but Amen or Jeff Brown.

wbrocks67:
Not sure if anyone has been paying attention but there's been a pretty large scandal for Helen Gym. Not sure if it's enough to cost her the nomination, but she appeared at a cocktail party at the Union League, just a few days after going after them for giving an award to DeSantis.

I liked Gym and probably would've voted for her, though there's more than a few candidates I do like. But this does come off really hypocritical of her, and disappointing to say the least

Lambsbread:
Quote from: wbrocks67 on February 03, 2023, 12:35:37 PM

Not sure if anyone has been paying attention but there's been a pretty large scandal for Helen Gym. Not sure if it's enough to cost her the nomination, but she appeared at a cocktail party at the Union League, just a few days after going after them for giving an award to DeSantis.

I liked Gym and probably would've voted for her, though there's more than a few candidates I do like. But this does come off really hypocritical of her, and disappointing to say the least

Ugh I haven't been keeping up with the news but that's disappointing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page