Cao/RC February 2023: Giving You Our Best (Concession)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:56:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cao/RC February 2023: Giving You Our Best (Concession)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cao/RC February 2023: Giving You Our Best (Concession)  (Read 1359 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2023, 08:26:23 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2023, 02:20:48 AM by President Joseph Cao »

Good evening, and my thanks as always to everyone listening, my friends and fellow Atlasians, those who play the game closely and those who play it at arm’s length.

I am not the person with the most experience in that by a long long shot, but having tried both ways of playing I will give you that it really doesn’t matter how you play – as long as you do so because you believe the elections and government simulator will benefit from your input. Atlasia the country, and Atlasia the game, work about the same as any other responsive operating system does; that is one reason we have lasted as long as we have. We make the game by our actions. Atlasia is fundamentally its people, and enemies within and beyond our borders may threaten it as they have on multiple occasions but they cannot destroy this system unless they destroy us first.

And I would like to say my actions in my years here have been good ones. At least I hope they are, and I’ve given what I can. This administration has done a great deal of good for the Atlasian people in bringing a government that works better, in a historic budgetary surplus, in a bureaucratic apparatus dedicated once more to being responsible in spending the people’s dollars, in providing stronger supports for low-income families and security against attempts to undermine our collective peace. And beyond all the policy I think, or hope, there has been a promotion of being more mindful of one another in this country and in this game. It never hurts to give room to each other.

Recently I talked to a few people who don’t see things the way I do, and who mentioned how nice it would be if I could get myself out of, quote, “this mess” as soon as I could like they did. And I wish them well, of course. But Atlasia is a responsive operating system like any other, and it gives you what you give it. If you’re here for the elections you live and die by the wins and losses and the ups and downs on the voter rolls. If you’re here for the government you live and die by the bills that pass or fail. If you decide that the game and its players are trash and that it would be better off burned to the ground, and act accordingly, it should not surprise anybody if it decides to burn you back as it did for a few people last April. Myself, I love this place and its people and I give what I can to it and to them, and as far as I am concerned the game has been nothing but good to me in return.

I’m not done giving, either. There is plenty more to do, and what I have given and still want to give y’all is stuff that I believe will help the game and the country along, just the same as any other player would want of their own contributions. It is a pro-life and pro-family agenda that gives the ordinary people of this nation a better chance to care for each other and be warm in a society that wants them to be cold. It is a more welcoming Atlasia that invites new people in and gives them room. It is a federal government that respects the regions in policy as well as in pronouncement, can balance its own books, and is dedicated to cutting waste and being as efficient in carrying out its duty of serving the people as it possibly can. It is a country that can look to the stars once more even as it places renewed emphasis on rejuvenating the natural wonders and close-knit communities that drove it there once and can do so again.

These are not uniformly Federalist goals, or uniquely Labor, or specifically the DA, or especially credited to Peace. These are a small part of what I would still like to give to the game both now and for the future, as long as I am here and have to justify the air that I breathe. And If you share some or all of these goals, I would be more than happy to have you with me as we look ahead to a game and a country that needs you now more than ever. Let’s give it our best together.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 08:59:03 PM »

Endorsed!
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 09:36:19 PM »

endorsed
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 09:42:02 PM »

Endorsed!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 11:16:07 PM »

endrosed
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 12:06:27 AM »

Endorsed!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 08:30:27 AM »

Very proud to join you once again on the campaign trail, let's roll!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 09:16:05 AM »

Endorsed!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 10:17:32 AM »

Endorsed!!!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 12:13:16 PM »

I will admit there are no term limits in Atlasia, but out of curiosity, why are you breaking the uninformal "no more than 2 consecutive terms" rule? If elected you'd be the first ever president to serve 3 terms in a row

inb4 Generalissimo Cao
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 08:06:09 AM »

endorsed
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 08:43:15 PM »

Endorsed
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 12:50:27 AM »

I will admit there are no term limits in Atlasia, but out of curiosity, why are you breaking the uninformal "no more than 2 consecutive terms" rule? If elected you'd be the first ever president to serve 3 terms in a row

inb4 Generalissimo Cao
Atlasia traded one dictator for another smh
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 12:53:16 AM »

inb4 Generalissimo Cao

OK convicted traitor.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 12:33:15 AM »

inb4 Generalissimo Cao

OK convicted traitor.
At least I'm self aware
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 12:14:18 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2023, 12:17:52 PM by President Joseph Cao »

Thanks to everyone for the endorsements and support, it means a great deal!

inb4 Generalissimo Cao

You know, the very first time I ran for anything I think it was also you who commented something about my political orientation at the time. I am the same man with the same core approach to politics now as I was and had back then, as IIRC you’ve also said about your own lack of evolution on the issues so to speak, and I had to ask myself, under those conditions, if I were to run for a third term a year or two years down the road would there be a meaningful difference from running now? And I don't think there would be. So I’m not as attached to that rule as a more politically adrift Cao would be.

With our current arrangement, to the contrary, I believe we can do a great deal of good for the nation. It wasn’t a light decision to make but we wouldn't be here if it had gone otherwise.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2023, 10:22:38 PM »

"Bring Back Balance"
has the most lopsidedly constructed logo I've ever seen

That aside, since I wasn't on last night, I welcome Tack and Laki to the race and wish them both well! Should be fun, I haven't faced either of them in an election since my early days as a congressman.
Politics Fan

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2023, 06:12:21 PM »

Endorsed
Archon
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2023, 05:41:48 PM »

Endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2023, 06:03:07 PM »

Endorsed
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2023, 01:06:54 PM »

All right, folks, we're halfway through this election! Remember that the federal election ends on Monday at 1:00 am Eastern, not midnight. We get an extra hour on that; don't blow it off!

I can't thank you enough for the support so far. Let's give this voter turnout thing our best.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2023, 02:23:04 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2023, 02:28:22 AM by President Joseph Cao »

Bloomington–Normal, Illinois

I’ve just made a call to my friend Tack to congratulate him. It was an election well run and well fought, and I look forward to seeing him helping the good people all across this nation who will soon look up to him, and to working with him on these however possible. There’s always plenty that we servants of the public can do to help, no matter what office we serve in, as long as one’s dedication is to keeping this nation and this game and all folks within them on a sound footing; there’s always plenty of common ground to find. The past sessions of Congress have shown that. I have every confidence that the coming administration will continue to respect the values that we hold dear.

At the beginning of this campaign I told you we would give you our best. We did, and that is entirely due to the people who stayed with this show through the whole road, members of all the parties who felt they saw something in what this administration has done and could still do. We cannot thank you all enough, and on behalf of the campaign I promise you that we are not done upholding a better game, a healthier policy perspective, a more welcoming Atlasia, a nation that everyone can be proud of in its entirety and not just the part that votes for them.

I once told a small group of people who showed up to a hopeless by-election campaign launch that I believe in the best that this game has to offer, all its people and all its events. Call it being a happy warrior if you’d like. I like that label. You don’t have to lose hope because one election doesn’t go your way. I won’t and I fervently hope none of y’all do. We will stand up for the children and families and struggling folks, for the regions, for the natural resources and human ingenuity that this great nation has to offer, in whatever capacity we can, no matter what happens.

Happy Presidents’ Day, everyone. You've all been a gift.

Till we meet again!

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2023, 03:00:55 AM »

I wish you the best in your future ventures, Mr. President.
It was an honor to serve alongside you.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2023, 06:49:04 AM »

Best of luck to you, Mr. Cao (and Mr. RC).  I'll see you in the Congressional subforum!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2023, 01:31:53 PM »

You are a worthy opponent and I was impressed by the crossover support you managed to build
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies