Lake IL
Forsyth GA
Collin TX
Tarrant TX
El Paso CO
Douglas CO
Orange CA
San Diego CA

I mean, the demographics of these counties from 2000-2004 and 2020 are drastically different. I might add Riverside and San Bernardino CA but they swung before Biden IIRC. There's also the county for Indianapolis which was red during Bush's time no?

mileslunn:
Rockdale County saw biggest swing as it was only Bush 04 county where Trump got under 30% while Bush got almost 60%.  But not sure a lot of voters swung as demographics changed massively and much of Biden's gains probably came from voters who moved to county since.  It was still fairly white in 2004 while today African-Americans are majority.

Bismarck:
Quote from: Ragnaroni on January 16, 2023, 06:30:43 AM

Quote from: Arbitrage1980 on January 16, 2023, 06:05:25 AM

If I had to guess:

Chester PA
Fairfax VA
Loudoun VA
Prince William VA
DuPage IL
Lake IL
Forsyth GA
Collin TX
Tarrant TX
El Paso CO
Douglas CO
Orange CA
San Diego CA

I mean, the demographics of these counties from 2000-2004 and 2020 are drastically different. I might add Riverside and San Bernardino CA but they swung before Biden IIRC. There's also the county for Indianapolis which was red during Bush's time no?

Marion County, IN  voted Republican in 2000 but went for Kerry in 2004. Mostly it’s because white middle class republicans moved out of places like Wayne and Pike townships and into Hamilton and Hendricks Counties.

TDAS04:
Travis County, TX?  Biden got 71%, yet Bush actually won it in 2000.  (Granted, with a plurality thanks to Nader’s strong showing, but Bush still got 47%, a lot more than what Trump received.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page