Cops in La Vergne, Tennessee fired for on duty sex escapades. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:34:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cops in La Vergne, Tennessee fired for on duty sex escapades. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cops in La Vergne, Tennessee fired for on duty sex escapades.  (Read 1449 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: January 10, 2023, 07:52:20 PM »

It's better than police brutality and corruption. But of course somewhere very socially conservative is going to take them more seriously than it needs to be. Of course having sex on duty is a bad idea because it could distract from the duties of the job, but I think a suspension would have been more appropriate than a firing.

Upon looking further at the article I see that two of the officers she had sex with were Black, so I'm sure that was a big mark against her and then. MISCEGENATION, OMG!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 10:32:10 PM »

It's better than police brutality and corruption. But of course somewhere very socially conservative is going to take them more seriously than it needs to be. Of course having sex on duty is a bad idea because it could distract from the duties of the job, but I think a suspension would have been more appropriate than a firing.

Upon looking further at the article I see that two of the officers she had sex with were Black, so I'm sure that was a big mark against her and then. MISCEGENATION, OMG!

La Vergne fyi is a minority-majority Clinton-Biden city.

I didn't know that, but nonetheless management in police department s is almost always more conservative. Even if you take the racial element out it's not at all impossible that an unarmed police shooting would have been treated with less strict action.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 04:25:54 PM »

I didn't know that,

Maybe research next time when it literally takes two minutes to find out? Instead of making a completely wrong assertion?

Now that you've done that, while your point may not be wrong, it's kind of tough to argue the complete opposite.

Generally I don't look up demographics for every single article I read. With that said a city being majority-minority doesn't make it liberal and second I doubt the leadership of the police department is anything but conservative.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 08:14:16 PM »

I didn't know that,

Maybe research next time when it literally takes two minutes to find out? Instead of making a completely wrong assertion?

Now that you've done that, while your point may not be wrong, it's kind of tough to argue the complete opposite.

Generally I don't look up demographics for every single article I read. With that said a city being majority-minority doesn't make it liberal and second I doubt the leadership of the police department is anything but conservative.

Most of the time, actually, yes, it does (and, if it's not enough for you - as Sol noted, La Vergne was Clinton/Biden as well...pulling up DRA, ftr, it's not like it barely voted for Biden or anything, either - he won it by a solid 16 points).

There is no winning this "argument" in the first place. Your first contention was that it's a very socially conservative city. Disproven. Now you're saying that, well, the police is mostly conservatives anyway (not necessarily false), so it doesn't even matter if it is a liberal city, because the police are all socially conservative Republicans. Whatever. This is a pointless discussion. There's only one takeaway here, which is to research before making (incorrect) assumptions unless you want to look bad and non-credible.

Clearly your life revolves around arguing because you have created an lament over my post. It's not that serious to me, so argue with yourself. I don't care what Republicans think of my opinions because I cannot stand even the thought of them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies