platform for the remainder of the 21st century
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:49:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  platform for the remainder of the 21st century
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: platform for the remainder of the 21st century  (Read 748 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2023, 12:00:32 AM »

If I had the money to do this I would run on this platform. Any candidate with these views, no matter what party, and no matter what else they believe, is someone I'd vote for. We are being conditioned to view our liberty as selfish and this has to stop:

- Any bank with more than 150 employees can't debank you
- Make Brandenburg apply to Twitter and Facebook
- Make any social media ban be temporary
- Ban cashless kiosks
- Make any CCTV inadmissible unless exculpatory
- Create right to replica laws: so for example, Gibson occasionally reissues 50s les pauls. So if you want a 1960s thunderbird, Ford has to remake them every so often.
- make facial ID technology illegal
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 03:31:13 AM »

-ban CBDCs
-ban AI models more powerful than GPT-4
-ban AI models from training on copyrighted works

- Create right to replica laws: so for example, Gibson occasionally reissues 50s les pauls. So if you want a 1960s thunderbird, Ford has to remake them every so often.

Mostly agree with the rest, but there's no good reason to legally mandate this. The rest of this relates to the fact that the digital world is becoming frighteningly powerful and is being used to dispossess us in the physical. This one just seems like "gimme stuff".
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 10:19:30 PM »

If I had the money to do this I would run on this platform. Any candidate with these views, no matter what party, and no matter what else they believe, is someone I'd vote for. We are being conditioned to view our liberty as selfish and this has to stop:

- Ban cashless kiosks

Wow literally all of these are terrible.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 10:46:07 PM »

- Ban cashless kiosks
Why tf should CCTV be inadmissible in court? Its been used for decades and how most crimes are proven.

If you were a victim of a crime and it was caught on CCTV, wouldn't you want to use it as evidence? Not sure if this is a troll post
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 03:10:41 PM »

- Ban cashless kiosks
Why tf should CCTV be inadmissible in court? Its been used for decades and how most crimes are proven.

If you were a victim of a crime and it was caught on CCTV, wouldn't you want to use it as evidence? Not sure if this is a troll post

In the 1950s, clearance rates were like 90 percent without them while now it's like 60 percent. So they are useless and once again this sort of argumentation is proof that we are being conditioned to view our freedom as selfish
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 03:37:16 PM »

- Ban cashless kiosks

In the 1950s, clearance rates were like 90 percent without them while now it's like 60 percent. So they are useless and once again this sort of argumentation is proof that we are being conditioned to view our freedom as selfish

I'm not sure how getting caught red-handed on camera committing a crime is a violation of your freedoms.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 06:29:45 PM »

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 09:29:25 PM »

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Are you guidestones posting?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 09:41:18 PM »

1. Make AI as sentient as possible.
2. 👏 Security 👏 Cameras 👏 On 👏 Every 👏 Corner 👏
3. Introduce a Social Credit Score
4. Government psyops on social media when needed
5. Artificial wombs so that women can keep working

xavier110
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2023, 09:50:59 PM »

- Ban cashless kiosks

The cashless one is interesting. Very Pynchon-esque. In either his Luddite essay or 1984 preface he anticipated an end to anonymity, a world where impersonating anyone could be a crime. It feels like we are not far from that future, in some respect, when everything we say, do, and pay for can be tracked.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2023, 10:41:19 PM »

The only good one of these is 4, and the only other one I am sympathetic to is 7. Numbers 3, 5, and 6 are just utter nonsense. Who are you to demand that companies legally need to remake 60 year old products? Why on Earth should CCTV be inadmissible in court?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2023, 10:47:35 PM »

It's climate change and raise taxes on the wealthy so you know the wealthy are gonna pay a 70% tax by the end of the 21st century and they already have the electric vehicle not gas Gulgers for the future

The lifespan is gonna be a full 100 yrs by the time we die and that means raise rich people taxes on SSDI and it's not just old people, children are collecting SSDI too with their disabilities
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2023, 11:45:55 PM »

- Ban cashless kiosks

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2023, 09:21:19 AM »

As I said 70 percentage pts tax on rich and electric vehicles are the future we don't know when we are gonna die I had an episode last week but we are gonna live to 100 most of this century
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2023, 01:21:53 PM »

"Remainder" doesn't somehow sound like it's "just" 76.5 years left in this century.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2023, 03:58:59 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2023, 04:02:45 PM by Person Man »

All of these ideas sound really bad, unfortunately.
Why can't we have AI or even basic AI enabled cameras? Why do we need cameras everywhere? Why do we need micromanage kiosks and banks? Why do we need bans to be temporary?

I do agree that bankers and technologists need regulation (the only reason why I am probably working at a bank as a technologist is that there are fewer regulatory hurdles than working at a defense contractor or as anyone at a clinic or law office AND there are people getting banned from basic things dominated by one app for no reason), all of this seems really excessive.

Can't people just leave me alone? That is beginning to sound like this huge unreasonable request.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 12:41:05 PM »

Anyone hear the oral arguments for the Missouri/Louisiana case? I felt this could be the one liberal victory on the court this term. Instead, there were only two or three justices who seemed sympathetic to la/mo and that included, of all people, Samuel alito, who is arguably the worst justice on 1a issues in the past seventy years.

Where are the Warren court era civil libertarians?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2024, 08:29:11 AM »

Lol what?

What items are considered "replica-required" and which are not? Would a limited edition 80s David Hasselhoff dildo (made from a mold of his penis) count? Would a blackface Jynx Pokemon toy / plushie from the mid-90s count? Why or why not? Who decides what qualifies and what does not qualify? How would this work in practice, AT ALL?

This probably sounds snarky and rhetorical, but on the contrary, I'm actually asking you.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2024, 11:20:41 PM »

Lol what?

What items are considered "replica-required" and which are not? Would a limited edition 80s David Hasselhoff dildo (made from a mold of his penis) count? Would a blackface Jynx Pokemon toy / plushie from the mid-90s count? Why or why not? Who decides what qualifies and what does not qualify? How would this work in practice, AT ALL?

This probably sounds snarky and rhetorical, but on the contrary, I'm actually asking you.

I feel "right to replica" laws would stop the idea of planned obsolescence, which i find to be a form of fraud
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2024, 02:44:26 AM »

Lol what?

I feel "right to replica" laws would stop the idea of planned obsolescence, which i find to be a form of fraud

Okay but what are the parameters here and how does this actually work in real life? If it can't work or partially work IRL then it shouldn't be part of a government plan.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2024, 03:02:26 AM »

that is an impressive list of bad ideas.  Thank Og even the notoriously dumb American voter wouldn't vote for this nonsense.

It's very much illegal to sell a 1960s designed car as new in the US (or anywhere in the West) because of ten thousand various safety and environmental regulations, are you going to force Ford to figure out how to make a 1960s Thunderbird as safe and clean as a 2024 Ford?  If you're goal is to make sure no one will sell new cars in the US, this a great idea.  If you care about the environment or safety or the economy or really anything, this is an amazingly stupid idea.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies