SB 113-8: Preventing Degeneracy Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:14:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-8: Preventing Degeneracy Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 113-8: Preventing Degeneracy Act (Passed)  (Read 2399 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 11, 2023, 01:30:45 AM »

I think it is a dangerous path here to try and legislate abortion federally. If am not mistaken, late term abortion is/was banned regionally already, no?

Lots of things are gross, the question is whether we should be busting down the doors FBI meme style every time two consenting adults decide to do something weird or unusual. The government has not the resources or ability to effectively stamp out immoral behavior, and its track record of trying to do so does not lend one to confidence that the end result won't once again by a trail of dead bodies and even more blatant disregard for morality in the end (see Prohibition, War on Drugs).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 12:49:33 AM »

Abstain assuming we are still voting on the Weatherboy amendment.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 01:44:00 AM »

Nay for both.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 12:05:46 AM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 02:41:52 PM »

Frankly, my approach to this bill was similar to Enduro, and I had a conversation with Mr. R about some of my concerns about government overreach and my skepticism of the government being able to effectively enforce beyond the "worst of the worst" so to speak. Case in point, the War on Drugs, which I have referenced frequently.

Ultimately, you do have the weigh the balance and I can imagine that for Enduro and Deadprez, they are in a much worse position because if they took the "Laki Doctrine" they would likely be voting No on every last bill or close to it. I leave myself a little bit more flexibility and ultimately I came down on the side of prioritizing the protected in some portions of the bill over some concerns regarding gov't efficacy in other sections, if that makes sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies