SB 113-8: Preventing Degeneracy Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:13:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 113-8: Preventing Degeneracy Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: SB 113-8: Preventing Degeneracy Act (Passed)  (Read 2392 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2023, 04:37:38 PM »

Nay
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2023, 04:41:34 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2023, 04:45:43 PM by Senator Laki »

Another request

Can in part I (TITLE I: DEFINITIONS) the definitions of STD's be added for the "Infected sexual battery".

1. Is herpes simplex included in STD giving that is non-genital herpes, but can still be transmitted by a simple kiss?

2. What is being seen as sexual behavior? Or sexual contact. Because that's a vague term.

3. Are minors in this case included in the "infected sexual battery part"?

4. How does one proof or disproof that they were aware they were carrying a STD, esp. if accused and they were undiagnosed before the sexual act. And more importantly how is "with the intent to transmit the infection to that person" proven, unless there is deniable evidence (chat history), this can basically never be proven.

5. Will this promote people not attending a doctor, gyneacologist for an SDT because they know if they'll be diagnosed that they'll be committing a crime in case they have sex with another, like if one suspects they're carrying the mPox virus. And how does one prove that assumption or disprove?

6. Are people with AIDS in this case allowed to have sex - like ever?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2023, 04:44:02 PM »

24 hours to object to I believe the 2? Laki Amendments.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2023, 04:46:34 PM »

24 hours to object to I believe the 2? Laki Amendments.

Currently only 1, but i'm thinking of removing the infected sexual battery part as well because it has way too many issues that i believe cannot be resolved.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2023, 04:49:15 PM »

Second amendment I propose to remove Infected Sexual Battery Part based on the concerns i have. I'm not necessarily against "the intent", but I believe it opens more practical difficulties (legally) and creates more issues than that it removes.

PREVENTING DEGENERACY ACT

TITLE I: DEFINITIONS

(...)

5. Infected sexual battery means knowingly:

A. after being diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease (STD) engaging in sexual behavior that poses a substantial risk of transmission to another person with the intent to transmit the infection to that person without informing them of said STD.

B. causing another person by force, threat, or intimidation to engage in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition, and including cases where all have been informed of the STD;

C. permitting conduct as described in Section A of this definition to be conducted on any premises under his or her ownership or control;

D. producing, distributing, publishing, selling, transmitting, financing, advertising, or possessing with the intent to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise, or making any attempt to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise an obscene item depicting or purporting to depict a person engaged in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition; or

E. Traveling in interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of engaging in or facilitating sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition.

(...)

TITLE II: PROHIBITIONS

1. It shall be unlawful for any person to, upon any federal property or leasehold, over federal electromagnetic spectrum, through the postal service, upon or over the property, facilities, utilities, vehicles, networks, or conveyances of any federally owned or regulated common carrier or internet service provider, or participate or travel in interstate or foreign commerce to:

A. engage in bestiality, ghoulish sex, incest, infected sexual battery, sexual abuse of a minor, sexual invasion of privacy, or violent sexual deviancy;

(...)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2023, 04:51:41 PM »

Starting from Mr. R's approved parts of WB's amendment, i want to request the following amendment:

1. Re-arranging the order in a less confusing ones (toy parts after the other parts)
2. Changing legality of sexual contact with a minor from 2 years to 5 years (for sexual abuse of a minor)
3. Removing incest

Snip
I would approve of this amendment except for #2. I believe it is important to maintain the two year age difference limit for 18 year olds since the age of consent in many states IRL is 16, not 13.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2023, 04:57:59 PM »

Starting from Mr. R's approved parts of WB's amendment, i want to request the following amendment:

1. Re-arranging the order in a less confusing ones (toy parts after the other parts)
2. Changing legality of sexual contact with a minor from 2 years to 5 years (for sexual abuse of a minor)
3. Removing incest

Snip
I would approve of this amendment except for #2. I believe it is important to maintain the two year age difference limit for 18 year olds since the age of consent in many states IRL is 16, not 13.

I accept your request (and remove that change from the proposed amendment).

But I want to open the discussion, given i think

1. Age of consent at the age of 16 is maybe a tad too high (is it 16 in Atlasia?). If so, i want to lower that.

2. I personally think someone at the age of 16 should be able to have sex up to someone of 21 years old, tho someone of 13 y/o having sex with someone having sex of 18 year olds is indeed weird, so what I would propose

1. No major is allowed to have sex with people below the age of 16 y/o in any circumstances
2. People of 16-17 y/o would have the difference of 5 years applied to them

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2023, 05:25:27 PM »

3. Removing incest

Snip

1. Age of consent at the age of 16 is maybe a tad too high (is it 16 in Atlasia?). If so, i want to lower that.

2. I personally think someone at the age of 16 should be able to have sex up to someone of 21 years old, tho someone of 13 y/o having sex with someone having sex of 18 year olds is indeed weird, so what I would propose

1. No major is allowed to have sex with people below the age of 16 y/o in any circumstances

No lie, this compromise was what i just ironed out with a coworker.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2023, 05:28:27 PM »

Re-editing my first amendment to adress LT's concerns

(the second amendment is unaffected by this)

so this is still being done in my first amendment.

2. Removing incest

PREVENTING DEGENERACY ACT

TITLE I: DEFINITIONS

2. 1. Bestiality means knowingly:

A. engaging in sexual contact with a non-human animal;

B. causing another person by force, threat, or intimidation to engage in sexual contact with a non-human animal;

C. advertising, soliciting, importing, transporting, offering, selling, purchasing, financing, or possessing a non-human animal with the intent that the animal be subject to sexual contact with a human;

D. permitting sexual contact with a non-human animal to be conducted on any premises under his or her ownership or control;

E. producing, distributing, publishing, selling, transmitting, financing, advertising, possessing with the intent to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise, or making any attempt to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise an obscene item depicting or purporting to depict a person engaged in sexual contact with a non-human animal; or

F. Traveling in interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of engaging in or facilitating sexual contact with a non-human animal.

3. 2. Ghoulish sex means:

A. Engaging in sexual contact with a dead human body, regardless of the consent of the deceased person prior to death or of his or her estate. For purposes of this definition, knowing participation in group sex activities while a dead human body is present shall be considered ghoulish sex.

B. causing another person by force, threat, or intimidation to engage in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition;

C. permitting sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition to be conducted on any premises under his or her ownership or control;

D. producing, distributing, publishing, selling, transmitting, financing, advertising, possessing with the intent to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise or making any attempt to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise an obscene item depicting or purporting to depict a person engaged in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition;

E. advertising, soliciting, importing, transporting, offering, selling, purchasing, financing, or possessing a dead human body with the intent that the dead human body be used in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition; or

F. Traveling in interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of engaging in or facilitating sexual contact with a dead human body.

4. Incest means knowingly:

A. Engaging in sexual contact with, either legitimately or illegitimately:

i. his or her ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption, or the spouse thereof;

ii. his or her brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption, or the spouse thereof; or

iii. his or her uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece of the half or quarter blood or by adoption, or the spouse thereof.

For purposes of this definition, participation in group sex activities while any of the preceding relatives are also contemporaneous participants shall be considered incest;

B. causing another person by force, threat, or intimidation to engage in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition;

C. permitting sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition to be conducted on any premises under his or her ownership or control;

D. producing, distributing, publishing, selling, transmitting, financing, advertising, possessing with the intent to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise, or making any attempt to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise an obscene item depicting or purporting to depict a person engaged in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition.

E. Traveling in interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of engaging in or facilitating sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition.

5. 3. Infected sexual battery means knowingly:

A. after being diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease (STD) engaging in sexual behavior that poses a substantial risk of transmission to another person with the intent to transmit the infection to that person without informing them of said STD.

B. causing another person by force, threat, or intimidation to engage in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition, and including cases where all have been informed of the STD;

C. permitting conduct as described in Section A of this definition to be conducted on any premises under his or her ownership or control;

D. producing, distributing, publishing, selling, transmitting, financing, advertising, or possessing with the intent to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise, or making any attempt to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise an obscene item depicting or purporting to depict a person engaged in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition; or

7. 4. sexual abuse of a minor means, with or without finance consideration:

A. as an adult, engaging in sexual contact with a minor child more than two (2) years their junior or marrying a minor child, or in violation of the statutory rape or marriage laws of the Region in which such sexual contact or marriage occurs;

B. causing another person by force, threat, or intimidation to engage in sexual contact or marriage as described in Section A of this definition;

D. producing, distributing, publishing, selling, transmitting, financing, advertising, or possessing with the intent to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise, or making any attempt to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise an obscene item depicting or purporting to depict a person engaged in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition;

E. Traveling in interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of engaging in or facilitating sexual contact or marriage as described in Section A of this definition; or

F. soliciting for prostitution a law enforcement officer who is posing as a minor or a person who is assisting law enforcement by posing as a minor, provided such purported minor-status is known to the person so soliciting.

8. 5. sexual invasion of privacy means:

A. knowingly and intentionally creating any videographic or still image record by any means whatsoever of any nonconsenting person if that person is totally nude, clad in undergarments, or in a state of undress so as to expose the genitals, pubic area, buttocks or breast in a restroom, dressing room, locker room, hotel room, motel room, tanning bed, tanning booth, bedroom or other location or the videographic or still image record is created by placing the lens or image-gathering component of the recording device in a position directly beneath or between a person's legs for the purpose of capturing an image of the person's intimate parts or undergarments covering those intimate parts when the intimate parts or undergarments would not otherwise be visible to the general public; and when the circumstances set herein are otherwise such that the person being recorded would have a reasonable expectation of privacy. The provisions of this section shall not apply to videographic or still image by law-enforcement officers pursuant to a criminal investigation which is otherwise lawful or correctional or jail officials for security purposes or for investigations of alleged misconduct involving an imprisoned person, or to any sound recording of an oral conversation made as a result of any videotaping or filming authorized by law; or

B. with the intent to coerce, harass, embarrass, or intimidate, maliciously disseminating or selling any videographic or still image created by any means whatsoever that depicts another person who is totally nude, or in a state of undress so as to expose the genitals, pubic area, buttocks, or breast, where such person knows or has reason to know that he or she is not licensed or authorized to disseminate or sell such videographic or still image. For purposes of this section, another person includes but is not limited to a person whose image was used in creating, adapting, or modifying a videographic or still image with the intent to depict an actual person and who is recognizable as an actual person by the person’s face, likeness, or other distinguishing characteristic.

9. 6. violent sexual deviancy means:

A. engaging in sexual contact with a person who is enslaved, in captivity, non-consensually bound or restrained, or being subject to violence, torture, or sadomasochistic abuse;

D. producing, distributing, publishing, selling, transmitting, financing, advertising, or possessing with the intent to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise, or making any attempt to produce, distribute, publish, sell, transmit, finance, or advertise an obscene item depicting or purporting to depict a person engaged in sexual contact as described in Section A of this definition or of rape; or

1. 7 Assault Toy means any stuffed animal or children's toy incorporating a sex toy or a BDSM costume.

6. 8. Obscene or dangerous sex toy means:

A. Any assault toy

B. any sex doll designed to appear as a non-human animal, including but not limited to a fictitious or mythical animal. This shall not include any equipment utilized in animal husbandry or breeding; or

TITLE II: PROHIBITIONS

1. It shall be unlawful for any person to, upon any federal property or leasehold, over federal electromagnetic spectrum, through the postal service, upon or over the property, facilities, utilities, vehicles, networks, or conveyances of any federally owned or regulated common carrier or internet service provider, or participate or travel in interstate or foreign commerce to:

A. engage in bestiality, ghoulish sex, incest, infected sexual battery, sexual abuse of a minor, sexual invasion of privacy, or violent sexual deviancy;

B. manufacture, import, transport, sell, finance, produce, publish, distribute, advertise, or possess with intent to manufacture, transport, sell, finance, produce, publish, distribute, or advertise any obscene or dangerous sex toy or any obscene item depicting or purporting to depict a person using an obscene or dangerous sex toy.

2. It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly finance or attempt or prepare to finance any item or criminal act prohibited by this law or the Community Standards Act. For purposes of this provision, knowingly finance includes but is not limited to processing or facilitating payments by any bank, credit card company, or payment processor to any business, company, or website that hosts any item prohibited by this law or the Community Standards Act if such bank, credit card company, or payment processor has been informed of such hosting by the Attorney General of Atlasia or of any Region in Atlasia, by any court in Atlasia, by any law enforcement officer pursuant to an investigation, or by a sworn affidavit by any person that is easily or readily verifiable.

3. A violation of this act shall be classified as a felony punishable by imprisonment for no less than one (1) and no more than ten (10) years, a fine of no more than $100,000.00, and disgorgement of any profits. Any person convicted of a violation of section 1 of this title shall be required to register as a sex offender an shall be ordered to attend an appropriate treatment program or obtain psychiatric or psychological counseling.

4. Any prohibited item seized pursuant to the enforcement of this law shall be subject to forfeiture.

5. This act shall take effect ten (10) days from the date of passage.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2023, 05:29:51 PM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2023, 05:33:00 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2023, 06:08:47 PM by Senator Laki »

3. Removing incest

Snip

No lie, this compromise was what i just ironed out with a coworker.

Yes that's what I intended to do, and I like that to be amended after we dealt with the existing amendments in the queue.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2023, 06:07:16 PM »

Abstain
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2023, 09:03:19 PM »

Ok, I offer this amendment which I believe is the compromise ideas on the topic of sex with children. 24 hours to object.

sexual abuse of a minor means, with or without finance consideration:

A. as an adult, engaging in sexual contact with a minor child younger than sixteen (16) years of age or more than two (2) five (5) years their junior; or marrying a minor child; or violating the statutory rape or marriage laws of the Region in which such sexual contact or marriage occurs;

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2023, 09:10:32 PM »

Ok since the previous 2 amendments relating to sex with children from Laki have been withdrawn in lieu of my amendment, I believe that only leaves 2 Laki amendments: Incest and intentionally infecting someone with an STD, as amended by the Reactionary Amendment.

Just to make sure we have consensus, I object to both. After the amendment we are currently voting on (Rape Porn) concludes we can vote on the 2 Laki amendments individually and concurrently, with the text of each clearly labeled.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2023, 09:30:58 PM »

if we're going to go back on forth on the age of consent, should we add in some form of romeo and juliet law?
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2023, 12:01:38 AM »

Aye on the WB ammendment
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2023, 12:49:33 AM »

Abstain assuming we are still voting on the Weatherboy amendment.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2023, 07:57:00 AM »

if we're going to go back on forth on the age of consent, should we add in some form of romeo and juliet law?

Is that child marriage?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2023, 11:44:08 AM »

Is that child marriage?
It's making things more flexible for two under-18 teens in a relationship. SC has a form of it. If the other person is under 18 it's ok down to 14 years old, otherwise it's 16 for Age of Consent.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2023, 12:13:34 PM »

Is that child marriage?
It's making things more flexible for two under-18 teens in a relationship. SC has a form of it. If the other person is under 18 it's ok down to 14 years old, otherwise it's 16 for Age of Consent.

I dont think we need to worry about this then. The prohibition in this bill is if an adult (18 or older) travels in interstate or foreign commerce to marry a minor. 2 minors getting married wouldnt be explicitly prohibited by this law and would be up to the marriage laws of the Region. Again, this bill is solely about 1 adult + 1 child marriage (David Koresh/Courtney Stodden situations)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2023, 11:14:11 PM »

Nay
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2023, 12:47:42 AM »

Is that child marriage?

I dont think we need to worry about this then. The prohibition in this bill is if an adult (18 or older) travels in interstate or foreign commerce to marry a minor. 2 minors getting married wouldnt be explicitly prohibited by this law and would be up to the marriage laws of the Region. Again, this bill is solely about 1 adult + 1 child marriage (David Koresh/Courtney Stodden situations)
Should’ve made this more obvious but Romeo and Juliet laws are just about sex not marriage
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2023, 05:40:10 AM »

Is that child marriage?

Should’ve made this more obvious but Romeo and Juliet laws are just about sex not marriage

Same thing though, child on child sex is not affected by this bill.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2023, 06:55:24 AM »

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2023, 09:19:08 AM »