A different Republican wins in 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:31:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  A different Republican wins in 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A different Republican wins in 2016  (Read 1084 times)
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« on: February 14, 2023, 04:10:53 PM »

What chances if Hillary loses, but to a different Republican? This time, the popular vote resembles W in 04 and Minnesota flips. Also, they have an “unmemorable” slogan.
Maybe a Pence - Rubio '16 run? Well first, you wouldn't have the crazy Trump schenigans. I don't know if they'd flipped MN, Trump appealed uniquely to the Rust Belt, I sincerely doubt they'd do Trump '16 there. Though they might flip NV, NH (0.37% margin OTL), Hell maybe some wins in CO or VA?
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 01:18:27 PM »

What chances if Hillary loses, but to a different Republican? This time, the popular vote resembles W in 04 and Minnesota flips. Also, they have an “unmemorable” slogan.
Maybe a Pence - Rubio '16 run? Well first, you wouldn't have the crazy Trump schenigans. I don't know if they'd flipped MN, Trump appealed uniquely to the Rust Belt, I sincerely doubt they'd do Trump '16 there. Though they might flip NV, NH (0.37% margin OTL), Hell maybe some wins in CO or VA?
Colorado was one of Hillary's weaker states. Barely winning Virginia might happen. NH flipping would be easy, see 2000 OTL. Nevada might work to flip as well.

This is my prediction, a better run in the Sun Belt with a beating in the Rust Belt.

Maybe Maine's 2nd district and NH. It all depends on if Trump was a reason why he lost NH or he got it so close.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies