Would Theodore Roosevelt have become a Democrat at some point? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:02:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Would Theodore Roosevelt have become a Democrat at some point? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Theodore Roosevelt have become a Democrat at some point?  (Read 1429 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: March 22, 2023, 08:59:39 PM »

Let's say TR lived to 80 (Died in 1938).

I think he'd spend half his time ranting that cousin Franklin stopped the occupation of Haiti in 1934 and that his "Good Neighbor Policy" was wrongheadedly ending rightful American domination of the Western Hemisphere, and would be warning that if the US didn't put some stick about in Latin America to keep it onside, it'd end up in the camp of the Germans or the Japanese or the Russians instead.

"...And why doesn't Franklin do something about China! My friend Henry...that's Henry Luce, founder of Time Magazine...keeps showing me these photographs of Nanking...do you know what's happening there? We need to help Chiang against these Japanese devils or it'll be our Philippine Islands next, mark my words. Franklin is too comfortable talking things over with the Japanese. Mark my words, they're a menace and if we don't act now we'll have to act later at greater cost when a Nipponese battleship enters San Francisco Bay."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies