100% Democrat precincts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  100% Democrat precincts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 100% Democrat precincts  (Read 2390 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: January 04, 2023, 03:00:25 PM »

I know in 2012 there were many of those in largely African-American urban areas.  Philadelphia for example had 59 such precincts, but also Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta and other cities had them too.  Going through New York Times map, I am having trouble finding any.  Only 100% I see for either party are really tiny precincts with number of voters in single digits so probably all from same household.  A lot of inner city ones where Biden getting in high 90s and Trump low single digits, but seems unlike 2012 Trump did get some votes in most of those precincts even if not many.  Are there still any of such precincts or was Trump able to win a few votes in each?
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 11:29:51 PM »

Looks like in inner cities far fewer 100% Democrat precincts than 2012.  I am guessing Obama being first African-American president was probably big reason as almost all those were over 90% African-American.  Still went massively for Biden, usually high 90s, but looks like Trump got a few votes in those unlike Romney in 2012. 

For 100% GOP ones in New York, most Haredi Jews even though Jewish vote went Democrat overall.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 01:49:18 PM »

The hilarious thing is that in the bay area, it's easier to find a 100% Trump precinct than a 100% Biden precinct.

Really? Where are they???

Here. I did find some Biden ones too, but the Trump ones are easier to spot. The irony that the only unanimous precinct in or next to Berkeley is for Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/2020-election-map.html

What do you think explains the 100% near Berkley for Trump precinct? I wonder if it's home to a very small, isolated conservative religious community.
Are you talking about the one with only 1 voter or a different one? Either way, I'm just as interested in the question of why there's a precinct with only 1 voter as why they voted for Trump.

yeah same, that seems impossible. Even in the middle of nowhere I think that you'd just potentially have to travel a bit to get to the nearest polling place rather then have them set one up just for you.

In many states the basis for redistricting on DRA is Census block groups or similar rather than voting precincts, and voters are assigned to block groups. In addition, many states (maybe all states?) will have combined voting sites where multiple precincts all vote in person at the same location, especially in urban areas where precincts are very geographically small.

It's also the case at least in New York that voter anonymity rules require any precinct with very few voters (I think the cutoff is 30) to have some votes randomly reassigned to neighboring precincts within the same districts in results reporting in order to preserve the anonymity of votes. This shouldn't affect partisanship overall but might result in vote results in precincts with very few voters not actually reflecting the reality of that particular precinct.

Canada has that rule that polls with two few votes get blanked out and transferred to neighboring poll to preserve anonymity.   If only one vote, kind of blows cover on how the person voted.

Anyways for 100% precincts I was mostly referring to those with more than 10 votes, not your single vote or even as many as 4 votes (likely all from same household and family so vote same way).  Obama got 100% of votes in some with as many as 400 votes.  Looking through seems in 2020 very few if any of those.  I am guessing Obama being first African-American lead to probably higher support amongst African-Americans than Democrats normally get even though still very high for Democrats either way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies