100% Democrat precincts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:06:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  100% Democrat precincts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 100% Democrat precincts  (Read 2391 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 04, 2023, 03:00:25 PM »

I know in 2012 there were many of those in largely African-American urban areas.  Philadelphia for example had 59 such precincts, but also Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta and other cities had them too.  Going through New York Times map, I am having trouble finding any.  Only 100% I see for either party are really tiny precincts with number of voters in single digits so probably all from same household.  A lot of inner city ones where Biden getting in high 90s and Trump low single digits, but seems unlike 2012 Trump did get some votes in most of those precincts even if not many.  Are there still any of such precincts or was Trump able to win a few votes in each?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 03:04:03 PM »

I know in 2012 there were many of those in largely African-American urban areas.  Philadelphia for example had 59 such precincts, but also Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta and other cities had them too.  Going through New York Times map, I am having trouble finding any.  Only 100% I see for either party are really tiny precincts with number of voters in single digits so probably all from same household.  A lot of inner city ones where Biden getting in high 90s and Trump low single digits, but seems unlike 2012 Trump did get some votes in most of those precincts even if not many.  Are there still any of such precincts or was Trump able to win a few votes in each?
There were probably precincts in Chicago where Trump got 0 votes. But I don't know for sure.
Snow Belt Republican
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 04:43:53 AM »

There are a few in the 2020 precints map in the Inland Empire, all with one vote for the Democrats each.
Snow Belt Republican
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 11:13:38 AM »

I add these comments :
While looking in LA. I found a large amount of 100% Trump precincts with one vote as well : I will list what I think they are using google maps.
100 % Biden : 190th and Hamilton : Auto Shop.
Manhattan village : 2 votes : Food 4 Less and a Walmart.
Near the University Of California Irvine : 1 vote : Baypoint Apartments Homes

100 % Trump:
Right next to the Auto Shop : CalPortland, Sumitomo warehouse (and some more places) 2 votes though.
Right next to each other : DENSO Products and Services Americas and Rancho Rio Verde Riding Club.
In Santa Ana Heights with 1 vote for Trump : Montesorri Way Learning Center Inc

I can add more if you guys find this interesting
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 04:33:42 PM »

I add these comments :
While looking in LA. I found a large amount of 100% Trump precincts with one vote as well : I will list what I think they are using google maps.

100 % Trump:
Right next to the Auto Shop : CalPortland, Sumitomo warehouse (and some more places) 2 votes though.
Right next to each other : DENSO Products and Services Americas and Rancho Rio Verde Riding Club.

IIRC there are a couple of 100% Trump precincts with hundreds of votes in New Square, NY and vicinity.

Not sure I’ve seen a 100% Biden precinct with a non-negligible number of votes, though.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 05:51:13 PM »

Relevant:

The only precincts with more than 100 votes cast in 2020 where Biden received 0% were:

Precinct 2-3, Grant Parish, Louisiana (153 Trump, 1 Johnson, 1 Other)
Precinct 2-3, Red River Parish, Louisiana (215 Trump, 3 Johnson)
Precinct 7-2, Winn Parish, Louisiana (130 Trump)

Palm Tree 6, Orange County, New York (101 Trump, 1 Other)
Ramapo 35, Rockland County, New York (528 Trump)
Ramapo 52, Rockland County, New York (189 Trump)
Ramapo 58, Rockland County, New York (604 Trump, 1 Johnson)

Note that the LA results do not include early votes, so it's possible Biden did receive a vote from a voter in those precincts. The NY results are all from Hasidic precincts.

There were five precincts without a Trump vote and over 100 votes cast:

Hinton Hall, Perry County, Alabama (115 Biden)
Tollette, Howard County, Arkansas (111 Biden, 1 Other)
Precinct 46, St. Mary Parish, Louisiana (102 Biden, 1 Other)
Saratoga Springs 24, Saratoga County, New York (189 Biden, 1 Hawkins)
Precinct 47-14, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania (131 Biden, 1 Other)

All are very black precincts except Saratoga Springs 24, which is the polling place for Skidmore College.
Snow Belt Republican
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 04:18:17 AM »

I add these comments :

100 % Trump:

IIRC there are a couple of 100% Trump precincts with hundreds of votes in New Square, NY and vicinity.

Not sure I’ve seen a 100% Biden precinct with a non-negligible number of votes, though.

Yeah I found them. That is truly bizarre, nothing indicates why these places are Republican to the core while the surrounding areas are really rather blue (Biden + 60). Even weirder they went from Clinton +9X to Trump +100. The New Square place has a synagogue, my curiosity is strong. In nearby Kazer, upper 90s and one 100 Trump precinct, its also looking very Jewish. They also flipped strongly for Trump in some, previously supporting Clinton in the upper 70s. Ditto for Kiryas Joel same sky high numbers for Trump while Clinton got upper 40s.

I'm not gonna name them all but it seems Trump did alright with Jewish voters in places, Crown Heights in NYC seems reddish.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 08:20:28 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2023, 08:23:40 PM by Biden his time »

I add these comments :

100 % Trump:

Yeah I found them. That is truly bizarre, nothing indicates why these places are Republican to the core while the surrounding areas are really rather blue (Biden + 60). Even weirder they went from Clinton +9X to Trump +100. The New Square place has a synagogue, my curiosity is strong. In nearby Kazer, upper 90s and one 100 Trump precinct, its also looking very Jewish. They also flipped strongly for Trump in some, previously supporting Clinton in the upper 70s. Ditto for Kiryas Joel same sky high numbers for Trump while Clinton got upper 40s.

I'm not gonna name them all but it seems Trump did alright with Jewish voters in places, Crown Heights in NYC seems reddish.

Biden did well with secular Jews

Trump got almost every Haredi (Ultra-Orthodox) Jewish vote in the nation, though.

You could research on this group if you'd like here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haredi_Judaism

Kiryas Joel, New Square, and Kaser were created and settled by the Haredi and today are virtually unanimously Haredi towns (with fast-growing populations), and they also have a significant presence throughout the rest of Ramapo. They generally vote as individual blocks, though.

New Square, New York was over 95% Clinton 2016 and then switched to 99% Trump 2020 due to the religious figures' endorsements. Meanwhile, in Kaser, Trump received nearly all the votes both in 2016 and 2020.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 11:29:51 PM »

Looks like in inner cities far fewer 100% Democrat precincts than 2012.  I am guessing Obama being first African-American president was probably big reason as almost all those were over 90% African-American.  Still went massively for Biden, usually high 90s, but looks like Trump got a few votes in those unlike Romney in 2012. 

For 100% GOP ones in New York, most Haredi Jews even though Jewish vote went Democrat overall.
Snow Belt Republican
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2023, 04:43:42 AM »

I add these comments :

100 % Trump:

Trump got almost every Haredi (Ultra-Orthodox) Jewish vote in the nation, though.

Kiryas Joel, New Square, and Kaser were created and settled by the Haredi and today are virtually unanimously Haredi towns (with fast-growing populations), and they also have a significant presence throughout the rest of Ramapo. They generally vote as individual blocks, though.

New Square, New York was over 95% Clinton 2016 and then switched to 99% Trump 2020 due to the religious figures' endorsements. Meanwhile, in Kaser, Trump received nearly all the votes both in 2016 and 2020.
Hopefully they stay members of the Republican coalition!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2023, 02:41:14 AM »

I add these comments :

100 % Trump:

Highly doubt it thanks to the war in Ukraine. Wouldn't be surprised if that results in a similarly sharp backlash leading them right back to the Democrats, who have actually supported the Ukrainian efforts in the war while the Republicans have at least threatened so far to withhold aid and might actually attempt to do so going forward.
Snow Belt Republican
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2023, 05:35:10 AM »

I add these comments :

100 % Trump:

Highly doubt it thanks to the war in Ukraine. Wouldn't be surprised if that results in a similarly sharp backlash leading them right back to the Democrats, who have actually supported the Ukrainian efforts in the war while the Republicans have at least threatened so far to withhold aid and might actually attempt to do so going forward.
We'll see. On the other hand I did find a 100% Biden precinct : in Southern Utah, south of Blanding with 35 votes for Biden.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2023, 10:44:01 PM »

I do wonder if this will become possible in the precincts immediately around CBDs of cities like NYC, Philly, and Seattle. Living in a high-rise apartment building surrounded by star bucks and homeless folks is a conservative's worst nightmare
bayareabay
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2023, 02:24:04 AM »

Were there? Even my precinct was only 92% Biden.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2023, 03:09:24 PM »

Blows my mind that somewhere could have zero Republican/Democratic voters.  Kind of disturbing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2023, 10:52:57 PM »

The hilarious thing is that in the bay area, it's easier to find a 100% Trump precinct than a 100% Biden precinct.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2023, 09:42:28 PM »

I do wonder if this will become possible in the precincts immediately around CBDs of cities like NYC, Philly, and Seattle. Living in a high-rise apartment building surrounded by star bucks and homeless folks is a conservative's worst nightmare

Those sorts of buildings tend to be wealthy and, if you squint, slightly less Democratic than their surroundings.
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 02:41:27 AM »

The hilarious thing is that in the bay area, it's easier to find a 100% Trump precinct than a 100% Biden precinct.

Really? Where are they???
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 03:05:04 AM »

Here. I did find some Biden ones too, but the Trump ones are easier to spot. The irony that the only unanimous precinct in or next to Berkeley is for Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/2020-election-map.html
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2023, 03:12:51 AM »

Do you have any reason to say that Haredi leaders would care enough about the war in Ukraine to base their congregants' votes on that?
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2023, 03:21:42 AM »

Here. I did find some Biden ones too, but the Trump ones are easier to spot. The irony that the only unanimous precinct in or next to Berkeley is for Trump.

What do you think explains the 100% near Berkley for Trump precinct? I wonder if it's home to a very small, isolated conservative religious community.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2023, 03:34:12 AM »

What do you think explains the 100% near Berkley for Trump precinct? I wonder if it's home to a very small, isolated conservative religious community.

It's a park with 1 voter, maybe a park employee.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2023, 02:42:47 PM »

Are you talking about the one with only 1 voter or a different one? Either way, I'm just as interested in the question of why there's a precinct with only 1 voter as why they voted for Trump.
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2023, 03:16:28 PM »

Are you talking about the one with only 1 voter or a different one? Either way, I'm just as interested in the question of why there's a precinct with only 1 voter as why they voted for Trump.

yeah same, that seems impossible. Even in the middle of nowhere I think that you'd just potentially have to travel a bit to get to the nearest polling place rather then have them set one up just for you.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023, 05:25:26 PM »

yeah same, that seems impossible. Even in the middle of nowhere I think that you'd just potentially have to travel a bit to get to the nearest polling place rather then have them set one up just for you.

In many states the basis for redistricting on DRA is Census block groups or similar rather than voting precincts, and voters are assigned to block groups. In addition, many states (maybe all states?) will have combined voting sites where multiple precincts all vote in person at the same location, especially in urban areas where precincts are very geographically small.

It's also the case at least in New York that voter anonymity rules require any precinct with very few voters (I think the cutoff is 30) to have some votes randomly reassigned to neighboring precincts within the same districts in results reporting in order to preserve the anonymity of votes. This shouldn't affect partisanship overall but might result in vote results in precincts with very few voters not actually reflecting the reality of that particular precinct.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies