The Greens and the Blacks: An ASOIAF game (sign up thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:10:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Greens and the Blacks: An ASOIAF game (sign up thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Greens and the Blacks: An ASOIAF game (sign up thread)  (Read 708 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2023, 02:51:21 AM »
« edited: January 01, 2023, 07:57:06 AM by GoTfan »

The Greens and the Blacks

"The Dance was a war unlike any other fought in the long history of the Seven Kingdoms. Though armies marched and met in savage battle, much of the slaughter took place on water, and especially in the air, as dragon fought dragon with tooth and claw and flame. It was a war marked by stealth, murder, and betrayal as well, a war fought in shadows and stairwells, council chambers and castle yards, with knives and lies and poison."

-Archmaester Gyldayn, Fire and Blood

Notes: Hello and welcome to The Greens and the Blacks, a game set in the universe of A Song  Of Ice And Fire. Specifically, we travel to the most bitter war of succession fought in the history of Westeros until the War of the Five Kings, the Dance of the Dragons. The nature of this conflict was made especially nasty because of the presence of dragons on both sides of the war, with more of them being alive at this point in Westeros than at any other point in history. For reference, this occurs in the latter half of the novel Fire and Blood, and is the basis of the conflict in the recent TV show, House of the Dragon.

Due to the nature of Fire and Blood as being written as an in-universe history, and thus biased, I will be mixing elements from the book and show across the game

I will be using the same rules as A Feast For Crows, but with some obvious changes to account for the fact that we have giant sentient napalm machines flying around. Our start date fr this will be 128 AC, the year before the death of King Viserys

Rules:

Most of you know the basic rules. You will roleplay as a character (such as a lord or even a king) in the Dance of the Dragons, the basis of the conflict in the second half of Fire nd Blood and the House of the Dragon TV show. Unlike other games, there is a clear objective here: whoever sits on the Iron Throne must destroy their enemies so utterly that they can no longer represent a threat.You will command armies, pass sentences, enact laws, send ravens and messengers, take part in high level intrigue, rule your realms and, of course, react to the many issues and crisis I will have in store for you.

Turns: Instead of having closed turns, a given number of days (ideally no more than a week) will constitute 4 months in the calendar, after which military moves will be immediately calculated in order to get a better grasp of warfare. This means we will try to avoid the old scheme of arranged turns with a concrete number of player crisis, and change it to player events or POV’s that will appear from time to time and force you into making decisions. A limited time also means negotiations won’t be as seamless as before, given consequences to delays or too much hesitation. You can make public declarations, but your moves must come via PM. There will be midturn updates as well All communication between players, OOC or IC, must include me.

Assassination and Spies: A new system for the game, players can send one spy per turn to a given region or city. Spies can get caught, but if successful they’ll give you key information that might prove crucial. Assassinations have been a large part of these games, but often they are abused. For that reason, Faceless Men are off the table. Assassinations are restricted to a single attempt per turn, with a very high risk of getting captured (if so, you are barred from sending assassins for the next turn). The idea is not to make assassination impossible, but to make it a truly high-risk, high-reward move for complicated situations. I may or may not leak moves regarding armies as well, to simulate scouting in real life.

Stats: We will work with GD (gold dragons, the amount of money you have), Prestige (of your character, a loss damages NPC negotiation and simulation), Legitimacy (how respected he is on his current position or rank, a loss brings severe trouble with vassals and allies). Please mind your stats; they can be determinant at dice rolls, vassal relationship and NPC negotiations.

Roleplaying: I will be enforcing roleplaying. That doesn’t mean I will force all the players into a corner, but I can cancel orders that are too out of character or out of place. To use an example, Rhaenyra will not be accepting someone like Tyland Lannister into her service.

Simulation: Battles will be calculated by dice rolls. Higher number wins, margin between rolls determines the level of victory. Additional dice will be added for variables, such as force sizes, terrain, and commander skill. For example, Daemon Targaryen is going to have a significant advantage over Aegon II.

Special Events: Interaction between the players should be a large part into the game, I will try to make interactive events to emphasize roleplay and allow for a more thorough immersion. There will be Small Council meetings every month IG, just as there may be Weddings, Parleys, Tournaments, Great Councils, and so forth. Likewise, if the players wish for me to simulate a particular event, do let me know. The more we roleplay, I think, the better for the game.

Sellswords and Sellsails: They will be available on this game as companies, both land and naval. They can be recruited in Essos via sending an envoy (to negotiate a contract), from turn two on, and they take a certain time to reach Westeros. A list of companies and prices will be availabel on request.

Dragons: Obviously, these will be a huge part of the game. Dragons almost function as armies in and of themselves, and will be decided with a similar system of dice rolls for the dragon and the skill of their rider. However, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Larger dragons such as Vhagar are far more lethal in a fight, but may struggle against multiple opponents that are quicker. Be very, very wary of send an army with no dragons against an army with them. Dragons may not be invincible, but they are very, very powerful, and are likely to incinerate armies with no effective counter to them.

Key characters (must be filled)

Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (rider of Syrax)

Prince Aegon Targaryen (rider of Sunfyre)

Prince Daemon Targaryen (rider of Caraxes)

Prince Aemond Targaryen (rider of Vhagar)

Lord Corlys Velaryon

Ser Otto Hightower (taken by Lumine)

Semi-key characters (not priority)

Lord Ormund Hightower

Lady Paramount Jeyne Arryn

Lord Paramount Jason Lannister

Prince Daeron Targaryen (rider of Tessarion)

Prince Jacaerys Velaryon (rider of Vermax)

Lord Paramount Borros Baratheon

Lord Paramount Cregan Stark

Ser Elmo Tully
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 01:22:22 PM »

I would like to play the regent of the reach.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 12:02:19 PM »

Daemon the rogue prince
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 09:06:18 PM »

Granted!

I am reluctant to give out these sorts of characters. I would rather have the key characters filled before anything else.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 06:20:05 PM »

Unfortunately, this will not be going ahead
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies