Alejandro Mayorkas is going to get himself impeached and he can't blame no one but himself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:28:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Alejandro Mayorkas is going to get himself impeached and he can't blame no one but himself
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Alejandro Mayorkas is going to get himself impeached and he can't blame no one but himself  (Read 1573 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2022, 08:19:03 PM »

The border situation in the U.S.-Mexico border is a problem.

Has to stop.

How many more migrants will be tolerated here?

Gotta stop.

What is the DHS doing to prevent this?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 08:26:18 PM »

If he's impeached can the Senate just ignore it? I know when Trump was impeached McConnell said he had no choice but to hold a trial. But what about  a secretary?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 08:31:10 PM »

If he's impeached can the Senate just ignore it? I know when Trump was impeached McConnell said he had no choice but to hold a trial. But what about  a secretary?

The Senate probably will ignore it, but Mayorkas needs to come clean here.

Immigration in America is so messed up, Ronald Reagan was the last president to do something on this. Shameful.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 11:57:44 PM »

What border situation?

Last I heard, people have been petitioning how Biden has been too strict and hasn't rolled back enough of the Trump-era border policies. That's the only thing I've heard about the border in the last 6 months.

And how is that an impeachable offense? Impeachment is about character/virtue. Should we impeach all members of Congress because they haven't solved climate change yet?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 12:05:48 AM »

Are you proposing that the USA modify their requirements for asylum? Or are you referring to illegal border crossers?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 12:08:40 AM »

It's not an impeachable offense but he's right that they're going to impeach him or at least try. The reporting is that McCarthy has already promised this for Speakership votes from Greene and the like.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 12:52:51 AM »

Are you proposing that the USA modify their requirements for asylum? Or are you referring to illegal border crossers?

Yes, they need to change asylum laws. This is out of control. How many people can we take in? I am all for immigration, I am the product of immigration, but this has to be orderly.

Pathway to citizenship needs to be one of the main issues Biden gets done in his presidency.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 01:15:03 AM »

Bronze threads
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 04:59:06 AM »

It feels like he just wakes up randomly in the middle of night, sweating and anxious, and feeling the need to urgently post about the Secretary of Homeland Security and immigration/border policy.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 08:11:15 AM »

What border situation?

Last I heard, people have been petitioning how Biden has been too strict and hasn't rolled back enough of the Trump-era border policies. That's the only thing I've heard about the border in the last 6 months.

And how is that an impeachable offense? Impeachment is about character/virtue. Should we impeach all members of Congress because they haven't solved climate change yet?

You apparently don't know certain things about how US government works. Members of Congress are never impeached. The House of Representatives can impeach members of the executive or judicial branches of the federal government (like Mayorkas), but the House cannot ever impeach its own members (nor Senators). The House expels some of its own members once in a while -- like Jim Traficant -- but not impeach. Likewise, the Senate can expel one of its own members, but never impeach. And, of course, voters can get rid of incumbents on election day(s). But the word "impeach" is completely inapplicable to the process of getting rid of members of Congress.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2022, 02:02:25 PM »

What border situation?

You apparently don't know certain things about how US government works. Members of Congress are never impeached. The House of Representatives can impeach members of the executive or judicial branches of the federal government (like Mayorkas), but the House cannot ever impeach its own members (nor Senators). The House expels some of its own members once in a while -- like Jim Traficant -- but not impeach. Likewise, the Senate can expel one of its own members, but never impeach. And, of course, voters can get rid of incumbents on election day(s). But the word "impeach" is completely inapplicable to the process of getting rid of members of Congress.

Mayorkas has no good character.   His testimony to Congress is shameless gaslighting.   The only defense he has is one of "just following orders".  His offenses are not High Crimes and Misdemeanors but he is complicit with Biden in nonfeasance of office.   He willfully fails to enforce existing laws.  He deserves firing,  but he's doing the work of Biden.   He's not gone rogue; he's doing as he's told.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2022, 02:05:45 PM »

It’s kind of scary how conservatives seem to live in a completely alternate reality with regard to immigration.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2022, 02:38:35 PM »

It’s kind of scary how conservatives seem to live in a completely alternate reality with regard to immigration.
It always cracks me up when they post about all the drugs being confiscated and criminals being apprehended at the border. It’s like, isn’t that what you want to happen?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2022, 04:56:17 PM »

We don't think what's going on now is right.  We also don't think that what's going on now is in the interest of American citizens.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2022, 06:12:49 PM »

We don't think what's going on now is right.  We also don't think that what's going on now is in the interest of American citizens.

What specifically is “going on” right now?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2022, 06:55:03 PM »

What border situation?

Way to deflect by focusing on the joke in my post.

I asked that a few days ago and still no response.

All I know is the Biden admin has been criticized for still being too tough, and that immigration rates have been at a low for a while.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2022, 07:03:00 PM »

Stop gaslighting.   You know full well what's going on.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2022, 08:13:33 PM »

Asking you a direct question is not gaslighting by any stretch of the imagination. Stop using words that you don’t know the meaning of.

And if it’s such an obvious answer, then it should be pretty easy for you to answer.

I’ll ask again. What specifically is “going on”?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2022, 10:06:50 PM »

Asking you a direct question is not gaslighting by any stretch of the imagination. Stop using words that you don’t know the meaning of.

And if it’s such an obvious answer, then it should be pretty easy for you to answer.

I’ll ask again. What specifically is “going on”?

It's gaslighting, and you know it.  But I'll entertain you.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-encounters-exceed-617000-so-far-fiscal-year-2023-record-high

As of Thursday, there have been 617,250 total migrant encounters at the border since Oct. 1, a new record for the months of October, November, and December. CBP sources tell Fox News there is an average of 6,858 encounters each day.

Of the 617, 250 total encounters, 186,573 migrants were expelled under the Title 42 public health order – leaving the majority of 430,677 migrants released into the United States.

There have also been 204,340 observed "Gotaways" since Oct. 1 – roughly 2,670 per day – sources said.

Most of these encounters are happening in Texas, where the El Paso sector reported 159,186 encounters and the Del Rio sector had 137,836.

They are coming because the border is open.  Open, when it is supposed to be closed.  Impacting the lives of law-abiding American citizens and taxpayers.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/el-paso-residents-roast-biden-admin-city-vacant-schools-open-shelter-migrants-neglecting-us-citizens

The City of El Paso announced last week that two vacant El Paso Independent Schools will be used to house migrants along with the El Paso Convention Center.

The women argued that local leaders are "neglecting" U.S. citizens and not making their safety a priority.

"I feel very unsafe because now residents are getting a kind of like harassed," Rosie said. "I drove out of my parking lot going to the store, four guys jumped literally on my hood of the car and asked me for a ride to the hotel."

That's just El Paso.  Del Rio Texas ranchers have illegal aliens crossing their property every day.   A FOX News headline stated:  Del Rio, Texas sees illegal immigrants pour in from around the world
Migrants are traveling to the U.S. southern border from countries as far away as Tajikistan and Lebanon

Why should American taxpayers bear the burden of these people?  They bring nothing; they are burdensome economically, and they are here not for what they can contribute, but for what they can take.  Legal Immigration requires immigrants to show some basis to believe that the prospective immigrant can be self-supporting.  These people are not, and their mere presence here placed more stress on low-skilled American workers.  And that's assuming they are law-abiding, which is not necessarily a safe assumption. 

Americans have a RIGHT to not be victims of trespassers on a daily basis, as the people of Del Rio, TX are.  Americans have a RIGHT to expect the Government to enforce the immigration laws on the books, and that includes deporting those illegally here.  And they have a RIGHT to expect their Government not to redefine "asylum" to where it is a fig leaf to conceal our nonfeasance im Immigration Law Enforcement.

The people coming across the border have NO RIGHT to be here.  None!  Zip, zero, zilch.  The only empathy I have for them comes from the fact that Joe Biden essentially gave them permission to break our laws.  That's the reality of this, so I can't entirely blame the illegal aliens for this.  I CAN blame Joe Biden, and I'll do lots of it.

617,000 people.  Where will they live?  Where will they go to school?  What employment will they have, and at who's expense will their jobs come?  You tell me who's going to carry that burden.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2022, 10:12:19 PM »

What border situation?

We don't think what's going on now is right.  We also don't think that what's going on now is in the interest of American citizens.

All I know is the Biden admin has been criticized for still being too tough, and that immigration rates have been at a low for a while.

617,000 border encounters (not including "gotaways" in FY 2023 alone.  They all get to stay.  That's going on right now.

I suppose you hate FOX News, but tune in to some of the reporting Bill Melugin is doing at the border.  It's honest reporting that you don't get in the Legacy Networks because they're water carriers for Biden.  See what's going on.

You seem to be a sincere liberal, and not a jerk like too many here.  I get compassion for the less fortunate, but what's going on here is people taking advantage of a bad situation.  The economic burden of this non-enforcement of our Immigration Laws falls on ordinary citizens.  You can't go on and on about "democracy" and then burden people with the costs of not enforcing laws that their democratically elected representatives have never repealed.   
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2023, 12:56:02 AM »

What border situation?

We don't think what's going on now is right.  We also don't think that what's going on now is in the interest of American citizens.

617,000 border encounters (not including "gotaways" in FY 2023 alone.  They all get to stay.  That's going on right now.

I suppose you hate FOX News, but tune in to some of the reporting Bill Melugin is doing at the border.  It's honest reporting that you don't get in the Legacy Networks because they're water carriers for Biden.  See what's going on.

You seem to be a sincere liberal, and not a jerk like too many here.  I get compassion for the less fortunate, but what's going on here is people taking advantage of a bad situation.  The economic burden of this non-enforcement of our Immigration Laws falls on ordinary citizens.  You can't go on and on about "democracy" and then burden people with the costs of not enforcing laws that their democratically elected representatives have never repealed.   

Didn't Reagan grant amnesty to all illegal immigrants when he was in office, no questions asked?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2023, 12:58:10 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2023, 01:23:02 AM by Ferguson97 »

It's gaslighting, and you know it.  But I'll entertain you.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-encounters-exceed-617000-so-far-fiscal-year-2023-record-high

As of Thursday, there have been 617,250 total migrant encounters at the border since Oct. 1, a new record for the months of October, November, and December. CBP sources tell Fox News there is an average of 6,858 encounters each day.

Of the 617, 250 total encounters, 186,573 migrants were expelled under the Title 42 public health order – leaving the majority of 430,677 migrants released into the United States.

There have also been 204,340 observed "Gotaways" since Oct. 1 – roughly 2,670 per day – sources said.

Most of these encounters are happening in Texas, where the El Paso sector reported 159,186 encounters and the Del Rio sector had 137,836.

They are coming because the border is open.  Open, when it is supposed to be closed.  Impacting the lives of law-abiding American citizens and taxpayers.

If 186k migrants have been expelled, as this article claims, then the border is not open, by definition. (Again, with using words incorrectly...)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/el-paso-residents-roast-biden-admin-city-vacant-schools-open-shelter-migrants-neglecting-us-citizens

The City of El Paso announced last week that two vacant El Paso Independent Schools will be used to house migrants along with the El Paso Convention Center.

The women argued that local leaders are "neglecting" U.S. citizens and not making their safety a priority.

"I feel very unsafe because now residents are getting a kind of like harassed," Rosie said. "I drove out of my parking lot going to the store, four guys jumped literally on my hood of the car and asked me for a ride to the hotel."

This is a personal anecdote from one person. Why should I take it seriously?

Why should American taxpayers bear the burden of these people?  They bring nothing; they are burdensome economically, and they are here not for what they can contribute, but for what they can take.

Your claim is objectively false, and giving them a path to citizenship would increase the net economic benefits that they all provide for this country.

Legal Immigration requires immigrants to show some basis to believe that the prospective immigrant can be self-supporting.  These people are not, and their mere presence here placed more stress on low-skilled American workers.  And that's assuming they are law-abiding, which is not necessarily a safe assumption.

Again, you are regurgitating objectively false claims.  

Americans have a RIGHT to not be victims of trespassers on a daily basis, as the people of Del Rio, TX are.  Americans have a RIGHT to expect the Government to enforce the immigration laws on the books, and that includes deporting those illegally here.  And they have a RIGHT to expect their Government not to redefine "asylum" to where it is a fig leaf to conceal our nonfeasance im Immigration Law Enforcement.

To suggest that the mere presence of undocumented immigrants is somehow an affront to the rest of Americans is not only ridiculous, it is racist and xenophobic.

And no matter how much you conservatives may wish it to be the case, seeking asylum at the border is not illegal.

The people coming across the border have NO RIGHT to be here.  None!  Zip, zero, zilch.  The only empathy I have for them comes from the fact that Joe Biden essentially gave them permission to break our laws.  That's the reality of this, so I can't entirely blame the illegal aliens for this.  I CAN blame Joe Biden, and I'll do lots of it.

Do you consider this to be a position consistent with the teachings of Christianity? Sincere question. Because I must have missed the addendum to Exodus 22:21 that said "but only if they're here legally".

617,000 people.  Where will they live?  Where will they go to school?  What employment will they have, and at who's expense will their jobs come?  You tell me who's going to carry that burden.

Are they stealing our jobs or are they a burden? It cannot be both. If they are employed, they are self-sufficient and are not burdensome. If they are not employed, then they are not "stealing" anyone's job.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2023, 03:16:50 AM »

What border situation?

What the  are you talking about, Fuzzy? Your own source says that “Of the 617,250 total encounters, 186,573 migrants were expelled under the Title 42 public health order”. Did you just miss that or what?

And while we’re on the subject of Title 42: do you think we should keep that particular COVID restriction in place? Why or why not, compared to things like mask mandates?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2023, 02:34:49 PM »

It's gaslighting, and you know it.  But I'll entertain you.

They are coming because the border is open.  Open, when it is supposed to be closed.  Impacting the lives of law-abiding American citizens and taxpayers.

If 186k migrants have been expelled, as this article claims, then the border is not open, by definition. (Again, with using words incorrectly...)

This is a personal anecdote from one person. Why should I take it seriously?

Why should American taxpayers bear the burden of these people?  They bring nothing; they are burdensome economically, and they are here not for what they can contribute, but for what they can take.

Your claim is objectively false, and giving them a path to citizenship would increase the net economic benefits that they all provide for this country.

Legal Immigration requires immigrants to show some basis to believe that the prospective immigrant can be self-supporting.  These people are not, and their mere presence here placed more stress on low-skilled American workers.  And that's assuming they are law-abiding, which is not necessarily a safe assumption.

Again, you are regurgitating objectively false claims.  

Americans have a RIGHT to not be victims of trespassers on a daily basis, as the people of Del Rio, TX are.  Americans have a RIGHT to expect the Government to enforce the immigration laws on the books, and that includes deporting those illegally here.  And they have a RIGHT to expect their Government not to redefine "asylum" to where it is a fig leaf to conceal our nonfeasance im Immigration Law Enforcement.

To suggest that the mere presence of undocumented immigrants is somehow an affront to the rest of Americans is not only ridiculous, it is racist and xenophobic.

And no matter how much you conservatives may wish it to be the case, seeking asylum at the border is not illegal.

The people coming across the border have NO RIGHT to be here.  None!  Zip, zero, zilch.  The only empathy I have for them comes from the fact that Joe Biden essentially gave them permission to break our laws.  That's the reality of this, so I can't entirely blame the illegal aliens for this.  I CAN blame Joe Biden, and I'll do lots of it.

Do you consider this to be a position consistent with the teachings of Christianity? Sincere question. Because I must have missed the addendum to Exodus 22:21 that said "but only if they're here legally".

617,000 people.  Where will they live?  Where will they go to school?  What employment will they have, and at who's expense will their jobs come?  You tell me who's going to carry that burden.

Are they stealing our jobs or are they a burden? It cannot be both. If they are employed, they are self-sufficient and are not burdensome. If they are not employed, then they are not "stealing" anyone's job.

Styling all of these people illegally entering our country as "asylum seekers" in ridiculous.  These people are coming from all over the World using Mexico as their route for travel.  Asylum requires people to seek asylum in the "nearest safe country".  If the United States is the "nearest safe country" for all of these people, than the first thing we need to do is divert resources used elsewhere to our own Hemisphere.  Perhaps our military resources could be better used fighting the cartels and forces that make our hemisphere unsafe and that drive these "asylum seekers" to come here, and only here.  Perhaps a lesson on the Monroe Doctrine is called for here. 

Now I don't believe that most of these people are legitimate asylum seekers, and saying the magic words don't make you one.  To suggest otherwise is a gross insult to both taxpaying American citizens and those who lawfully emigrated here that adhered to our Immigration Laws at every step of the process.  Most of these people are here simply because they want to better their situation.  I can sympathize with this, but our laws don't allow for that; they allow for a specific process with requirements to be followed, and crossing the Rio Grande River isn't one of them.

And, yes, these people can be burdensome while being employed.  These people just being here will burden the healthcare system, and especially that part of the healthcare system that is part of a safety net for the neediest American citizens. Their jobs will often come in construction; they will be illegally employed, taking jobs that will be "off the books" with no healthcare or workers comp.  Their presence in the workforce will cost Americans on-the-books jobs.  Their kids will need not just healthcare, but schools, and monies will need to be expended to not only increase classroom space, but more resources for ESL courses.  If the border were secured, these expenditures would not be necessary.

Biden has allowed this and he and Mayorkas lie about the fact that they just quit enforcing existing laws.  I get it that these people are human beings, and I get it that we're likely to not be deporting the vast majority of them here.  That does not make right what happened, and it does not make right what burdens Biden has laid on American citizens. 
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2023, 06:04:58 PM »

They can't ignore it completely but they can do an immediate motion to dismiss it. McConnell said he didn't have the votes to do this in the Trump Trial. But Schumer might.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies