Courts vs Alben Barkley
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:22:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Courts vs Alben Barkley
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For/Who Wins
Courts/Courts

Courts/Alben

Alben/Alben

Alben/Courts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Courts vs Alben Barkley  (Read 1560 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2022, 09:52:26 PM »

I would vote for Courts
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 11:31:13 PM »

Courts.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 03:57:23 PM »

Courts
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 04:02:02 PM »

Courts
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 04:07:32 PM »

Nothing against Courts, I'd vote for Alben. One of my favorite posters.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 08:38:31 PM »

The map would be interesting as Alben is arguably more conservative on some social issues though Courts is on others.

Basically this would be a Blue Dog Democrat vs a Populist Socially Liberal Tough on Crime Republican

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 02:18:51 PM »

Alben.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 04:28:35 PM »

The map would be interesting as Alben is arguably more conservative on some social issues though Courts is on others.

Basically this would be a Blue Dog Democrat vs a Populist Socially Liberal Tough on Crime Republican

I know we're not really supposed to comment on threads about ourselves, but what issues am I more conservative on? Only ones I can possibly think of are trans issues, "woke" stuff more generally, guns, and arguably foreign policy (depends on if you even can still call hawkishness "conservative" these days). When it comes to crime or at least the death penalty, I'm more Dukakis than Clinton. And obviously I am pro-choice, pro-women's rights, pro-gay marriage, pro-immigration, generally socially liberal in most ways. I'm more like what your average liberal Democrat was circa 2012 than a "Blue Dog" I think.

Though I don't really know Courts's opinion on these issues aside from the trans stuff. Incidentally, this is also I believe the first one of these match-ups I've ever lost (so far at least), even if most still think I would win. Ironic considering that I'm no doubt losing support to Democrats who are literally voting for a Trump-supporting Republican solely because of the trans issue. You're probably right that an election between a trans Republican and a relatively gender critical Democrat could make for an interesting map, but I doubt it means I would be winning Alabama or anything. Maybe I crack 40% in Kentucky and have an underwhelming performance in California, and it probably does help me win key swing states, especially in the Midwest and South.

But I doubt you see a Civil War map re-emerge or anything like that, especially given that again I am still quite liberal on most issues and despite my skepticism of certain aspects of the modern trans movement, still don't go as far as many Republicans on the issue. Like I still believe trans adults have the right to make decisions about their bodies and identify as they please. I just reject the notion that biological sex can actually be changed or that the fact that it can't be is somehow irrelevant when it comes to things like sports. That really does seem to be the "common sense" consensus of the people, including black voters and independents, so I have no doubt it would help me. But realistically it would help me more on the margins than it would completely realign the map.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 04:40:38 PM »

Nothing against Courts, but I'm all the way with Alben here.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 06:07:40 PM »

I know we're not really supposed to comment on threads about ourselves, but what issues am I more conservative on? Only ones I can possibly think of are trans issues, "woke" stuff more generally, guns, and arguably foreign policy (depends on if you even can still call hawkishness "conservative" these days). When it comes to crime or at least the death penalty, I'm more Dukakis than Clinton. And obviously I am pro-choice, pro-women's rights, pro-gay marriage, pro-immigration, generally socially liberal in most ways. I'm more like what your average liberal Democrat was circa 2012 than a "Blue Dog" I think.

Though I don't really know Courts's opinion on these issues aside from the trans stuff. Incidentally, this is also I believe the first one of these match-ups I've ever lost (so far at least), even if most still think I would win. Ironic considering that I'm no doubt losing support to Democrats who are literally voting for a Trump-supporting Republican solely because of the trans issue. You're probably right that an election between a trans Republican and a relatively gender critical Democrat could make for an interesting map, but I doubt it means I would be winning Alabama or anything. Maybe I crack 40% in Kentucky and have an underwhelming performance in California, and it probably does help me win key swing states, especially in the Midwest and South.

But I doubt you see a Civil War map re-emerge or anything like that, especially given that again I am still quite liberal on most issues and despite my skepticism of certain aspects of the modern trans movement, still don't go as far as many Republicans on the issue. Like I still believe trans adults have the right to make decisions about their bodies and identify as they please. I just reject the notion that biological sex can actually be changed or that the fact that it can't be is somehow irrelevant when it comes to things like sports. That really does seem to be the "common sense" consensus of the people, including black voters and independents, so I have no doubt it would help me. But realistically it would help me more on the margins than it would completely realign the map.

1. Courts is also pro choice just like you are and is definitely to the left of you on LGBT issues

2. Courts has turned on Trump big time since Jan 6th and has said multiple times she thinks he should be in jail. She also is not a fan of most major Republicans right now either and also dislikes Reagan and the Bushes.

Btw you would not win Alabama but I could see a map where Courts does really really well for a Republican in the North East and Upper Midwest while you do much better in Appalachia and the South.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 07:06:20 PM »

1. Courts is also pro choice just like you are and is definitely to the left of you on LGBT issues

2. Courts has turned on Trump big time since Jan 6th and has said multiple times she thinks he should be in jail. She also is not a fan of most major Republicans right now either and also dislikes Reagan and the Bushes.

Btw you would not win Alabama but I could see a map where Courts does really really well for a Republican in the North East and Upper Midwest while you do much better in Appalachia and the South.

Maybe Courts would do better than average for a Republican in like Massachusetts and her home state of Rhode Island, just like I might do better than average for a Democrat in Kentucky, but I think I would still sweep the Northeast. Indeed I think I would do quite well in New Hampshire and Maine, which are really the only things close to swing states in the region. Not to mention Pennsylvania, which is on the border of the Northeast and Appalachia. As for the Upper Midwest, I fail to see how I would be remotely disadvantaged there. It's not either of our home regions (though I have spent a considerable amount of time there, not sure about Courts), but I think my positions would overall be much more popular than hers among independents and swing voters. Including on the trans issue. I might underperform slightly in suburban Minnesota or something, but I think I would overperform in just about all of the rest of the region. "Tough on crime" might be her only advantage over me there, and I would probably make up for that and then some with overwhelming black support in the cities and better-than-average rural white support.

Also let's address the elephant in the room: Republican turnout would be deeply depressed by a pro-choice, trans, anti-Trump Republican. My heterodox views are only slightly out of the mainstream for my party in comparison, and honestly really aren't even heterodox at all among the rank and file base. Certainly there won't be many black or Latino or ancestral D white voters who refuse to vote for me because they think I'm "transphobic."

What could happen, and I guess what you are getting at, is some "woke" suburban whites might find Courts more palatable than me. Though if I bashed her on her history of Trump support and right-wing populist views, I'm sure I could bring many back into the fold, however reluctantly. Also a good chunk of that demographic, including and in fact perhaps especially women, would sympathize with my more gender critical views whether they would openly admit it or not. Just look at VA-GOV 2021 for proof of that. I would certainly have the "TERF" vote locked up!

Add up all my turnout and demographic advantages, and frankly just the prejudice my opponent would unfortunately face even among many swing voters, along with doubtlessly a revolt against her among her own party? I really don't see how I don't easily win this election. I see myself slightly underperforming in the most liberal states, significantly overperforming in most swing states, and dramatically overperforming in most red states. Especially in my home region.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2023, 03:13:21 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2023, 03:16:33 AM by Old School Republican »

Maybe Courts would do better than average for a Republican in like Massachusetts and her home state of Rhode Island, just like I might do better than average for a Democrat in Kentucky, but I think I would still sweep the Northeast. Indeed I think I would do quite well in New Hampshire and Maine, which are really the only things close to swing states in the region. Not to mention Pennsylvania, which is on the border of the Northeast and Appalachia. As for the Upper Midwest, I fail to see how I would be remotely disadvantaged there. It's not either of our home regions (though I have spent a considerable amount of time there, not sure about Courts), but I think my positions would overall be much more popular than hers among independents and swing voters. Including on the trans issue. I might underperform slightly in suburban Minnesota or something, but I think I would overperform in just about all of the rest of the region. "Tough on crime" might be her only advantage over me there, and I would probably make up for that and then some with overwhelming black support in the cities and better-than-average rural white support.

Also let's address the elephant in the room: Republican turnout would be deeply depressed by a pro-choice, trans, anti-Trump Republican. My heterodox views are only slightly out of the mainstream for my party in comparison, and honestly really aren't even heterodox at all among the rank and file base. Certainly there won't be many black or Latino or ancestral D white voters who refuse to vote for me because they think I'm "transphobic."

What could happen, and I guess what you are getting at, is some "woke" suburban whites might find Courts more palatable than me. Though if I bashed her on her history of Trump support and right-wing populist views, I'm sure I could bring many back into the fold, however reluctantly. Also a good chunk of that demographic, including and in fact perhaps especially women, would sympathize with my more gender critical views whether they would openly admit it or not. Just look at VA-GOV 2021 for proof of that. I would certainly have the "TERF" vote locked up!

Add up all my turnout and demographic advantages, and frankly just the prejudice my opponent would unfortunately face even among many swing voters, along with doubtlessly a revolt against her among her own party? I really don't see how I don't easily win this election. I see myself slightly underperforming in the most liberal states, significantly overperforming in most swing states, and dramatically overperforming in most red states. Especially in my home region.

The reason Courts would do really well in the upper midwest/Rust Belt is due to the fact that she is pretty economic populist(very protectionist on trade issues, and pro infrastructure spending) , pretty non interventionist when it comes to foreign policy and that type of message appeals in the midwest. Add to the fact that she is pretty socially liberal, I think states like Michigan would vote for Courts. Btw this is how I think this is how the  map would look like

TX would decide the outcome and btw I think WI could vote more Democratic than MN here lol
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2023, 03:26:15 AM »

I’d be so intimidated by "Alben Barkley's" Chad/BD energy that I’d have no choice but to cast my ballot for him. In fact, she might not admit it publicly, but even Courts would vote for Alben Barkley after he completely dominates her at the debate.

He’s just irresistible in every way, and we all know he’d win — or well, I’m sure he knows he’d win.
If you’re reading this: I know you’re a true man, but please insult me, Alben. Insult the guy who still has a picture of Adam Laxalt as his Conservacord avatar.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2023, 01:44:26 AM »

The reason Courts would do really well in the upper midwest/Rust Belt is due to the fact that she is pretty economic populist(very protectionist on trade issues, and pro infrastructure spending) , pretty non interventionist when it comes to foreign policy and that type of message appeals in the midwest. Add to the fact that she is pretty socially liberal, I think states like Michigan would vote for Courts. Btw this is how I think this is how the  map would look like

TX would decide the outcome and btw I think WI could vote more Democratic than MN here lol

LOL are you f--king insane?

A trans, pro-choice, anti-Trump yet still right-wing populist Republican may just well be the most disadvantaged candidate imaginable.

I would win New Hampshire and Maine with over 60% of the vote, Pennsylvania and Michigan with 55%+. The idea that I would outright LOSE these states is copium to an extent I've never even imagined possible before, and I've seen Russians trying to explain their losses in the Ukraine war!

Your "reasons" for thinking otherwise are so predictably stupid it's almost hard to believe you actually said them. The myth that the upper Midwest/rust belt is some anti-trade monolith is tired and ridiculous. At absolute best the region is very divided on the issue of trade, with farmers being hurt by protectionist policies and some factory workers arguably marginally benefiting from some of it. Overall it's a net positive in my favor, especially when you consider all the demographic/turnout advantages I otherwise have in the region. Also there really is no evidence outside maybe WW2 (a lifetime ago and then some, literally) that this region is particularly "non-interventionist." I have no doubt I would easily win these states in this match-up.

I also would likely win Florida and Nevada (a state I can't even fathom why you put into the R column) at least. And honestly think it is even more likely that I would win states like Ohio and Missouri and South Carolina than that I would lose states like Michigan and Pennsylvania and Minnesota, let alone New Hampshire and Maine. The delusional copium here is off the charts!

I mean literally it feels like an actual, unironic child with maybe 2 seconds worth of education about how the political system in America works made this map. "Uh hurr durr muh Midwest is like, totes isolationist and protectionist, man! That's why it voted for Mondale in 1984! Totes would vote for a transgender pro-choice liberal Republican who is Trumpist in only the most electorally unpalataple ways then, OBVIOUSLY!"

Like, it's just downright embarrassing and cringeworthy and insulting. I may be far from perfect as a candidate, but I would clean up in this election. Massively overcorrecting for perceived and exaggerated biases in both directions is nonsensical cringe. Like it is way, WAY more likely that Courts wins Texas than New Hampshire still. Maybe your nonsense scenario makes for a more interesting and competitive map, but it doesn't bear even the slightest resemeblance to what the reality would be.
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2023, 06:06:31 PM »

courts
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 06:44:06 PM »

Barkley
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 05:14:35 PM »

Courts
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2023, 05:17:25 PM »

I genuinely can't think of any political beliefs that Courts has expressed beyond being an anti-Trump R who is somewhat more liberal on abortion and LGBT issues compared to other conservatives.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2023, 05:29:41 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2023, 05:34:13 PM by Old School Republican »

I genuinely can't think of any political beliefs that Courts has expressed beyond being an anti-Trump R who is somewhat more liberal on abortion and LGBT issues compared to other conservatives.

She is pretty protectionist on trade and her foreign policy views are pretty non interventionist which is why I said shes a Socially Liberal Populist Republican.

Btw its definitely more than somewhat on those issues , given shes to the left of PQG and RINO Tom on those issues who are clearly more liberal on those issues than other conservatives lol.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2023, 06:37:27 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2023, 06:43:02 PM by Alben Barkley »

The people have spoken!

Clearly, Atlas prefers a Trump voter to a JK Rowling supporter.

The people's priorities are obviously straight!

(Although I maintain that the people saying I would lose are wrong, but what else is new? At least there are a few honest Courts voters who know I would win.)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2023, 11:04:49 PM »

The people have spoken!

Clearly, Atlas prefers a Trump voter to a JK Rowling supporter.

The people's priorities are obviously straight!

(Although I maintain that the people saying I would lose are wrong, but what else is new? At least there are a few honest Courts voters who know I would win.)
Had to embarrass yourself in this thread one last time didn't you?
Archon
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2023, 05:42:45 PM »

Courts
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2023, 10:22:59 PM »

Courts
Pages: [1]