2023 UK Local Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:09:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2023 UK Local Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2023 UK Local Elections  (Read 18603 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« on: April 27, 2023, 10:14:06 AM »

Tories ought to take inspiration from the Lib Dems and stick to dodgy bar charts.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 12:43:32 PM »

Results from Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (probably the  most Tory historically urban conurbation in the country)

Lib Dem 27 (+12)
Conservative 12 (-24)
Labour 11 (+8)
Christchurch Independents 8 (-)
Independents 6 (+3)
Green 5 (+3)
Poole People 5 (-2)
Poole Engage 2 (+2)
(Alliance for Local Living -1
UKIP -1)

Poolean People’s Front vs the People’s Front of Poole
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 07:06:38 PM »

No seismic losses for Labour in Liverpool, despite all that has happened.
One ward was won with 91 votes. No, you did read that correctly, not by, with.
Any reason it was so low turnout ?

IIRC they've re-done the new wards based on future modelling of population or something weird and some of the city centre ones have v few actual residents (restaurants & hotels can't vote!)

As I recall this one new ward takes in the entire Waterside regeneration district (the thing that lost them their UNESCO status!). A bevy of construction that’ll eventually have 20,000 flats.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 02:35:30 AM »

If anyone could possibly explain what on earth is up with Banbridge and the UUP, as I’ve always rather wondered that!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 07:25:33 AM »

If anyone could possibly explain what on earth is up with Banbridge and the UUP, as I’ve always rather wondered that!
I’m not completely sure, but it’s a mostly unionist area (better than the demographics would suggest, I’ve seen some suggestion it’s one of the least sectarian parts of NI with a very rare Catholic crossover vote) and quite a bit more prosperous than most areas nearby (certainly in the rest of the DEA and constituency). The UUP have long been strong in the area, having a majority on the old Banbridge council until 2001, unusually regaining a lead over the DUP in 2011, doing better in 2014 after the amalgamation, and then still comfortably leading the DUP in 2019.

So basically, it’s an area that looks favourable to begin with but the lack of trend to the DUP in the last couple of decades suggests a strong local organisation/incumbency specifically in that ward (perhaps benefitting from the council amalgamation).

I have read before that the UUP vote in Banbridge held up in Westminster and Assembly elections too. I presume there’s a similar situation in Antrim Town and Ballyclare, with the endurance of the UUP vote in South Antrim until the most recent elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies