What states are more socially conservative than its voting suggests? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:47:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What states are more socially conservative than its voting suggests? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What states are more socially conservative than its voting suggests?  (Read 1844 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 03, 2023, 03:06:11 AM »

Hawaii is a lot more socially conservative than people realize.

Hawai'i is peak "socially right, culturally left" as far as US states are concerned.

Seriously speaking, what's the difference between being culturally left and socially left (or culturally right and socially right)? I know it's a meme, but I'm actually wondering why/how you draw this distinction for HI.

California outside of the Bay Area and LA County — the only reason the CADEMs are seen as a 'woke' state party by Dem standards is because of the influence of those two areas, for better or for worse.

Here's the thing though, LA County plus the Bay Area is like half the state already.

And if you add on the LA suburbs that spill into Riverside (cough cough Palm Springs), San Bernardino, and Orange Counties (to say nothing of San Diego County, which is today, much unlike 50 years back, socially liberal as well), that's well over half the state.

And it's not *just* LA County and the Bay Area. Reminder that other counties on the coast are very socially liberal as well, and they are hardly lacking in people. Just look at the results for Prop 8. It failed statewide, and in supposedly socially liberal LA County, but it passed in Santa Barbara County, as well as a number of other counties outside the Bay Area on the coast.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies