Moral Realism vs. Moral Nihilism

(1/13) > >>

First1There:
What is your opinion on morality?

Are you a moral realist, someone who believes that morality exists in some objective sense. Or are you a moral nihilist, someone who believes that morality does not exist.

By the way, moral nihilism is not the same as moral relativism. A moral relativist would go under moral realism because morality would be objective to that person or culture.

HillGoose:
moral realist, but only i have the true correct code

i should write a book on it so i can spread it with the ppl and they can also understand why to be moral u should aspire to only eat the sun and never sleep

Cavalier1607:
I am a moral nihilist in that I do not believe morality is objective in some transcendent sense or that moral statements are capable of being either true or false. In the absence of "moral facts," we can acknowledge that there are moral standards which are more conducive to the well-being of society than others.

Antonio the Sixth:
Realist of course, but tbf there should be more options. I know there's an "other" but subjectivism should at least get a mention.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.:
Quote from: Cavalier1607 on December 22, 2022, 02:47:31 AM

I am a moral nihilist in that I do not believe morality is objective in some transcendent sense or that moral statements are capable of being either true or false. In the absence of "moral facts," we can acknowledge that there are moral standards which are more conducive to the well-being of society than others.

Why should the well-being of society be worth pursuing in the absence of moral facts? For that matter, who gets to define well-being, why, and how?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page