German ancestry is #1, English ancestry is #2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:11:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  German ancestry is #1, English ancestry is #2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: German ancestry is #1, English ancestry is #2  (Read 3419 times)
the artist formerly known as catmusic
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« on: December 21, 2022, 12:37:21 AM »

I wonder why the Russian-American population is so low despite being the largest European country. Then there’s also Norway and Sweden, they punch way above their weight, I assume that’s somewhat due to the quotas from the 20s to the 60s but it also make me think of Svidrigailov in Crime and Punishment “I’m going to America” and all that

That could also just be because Scandinavian immigrants moved to big, rural places in the midwest where having huge families was the norm.

It was very, very difficult for Russians to immigrate to the US during the Soviet period, which decreased their presence in the country. Many Russian immigrants also settled in big cities like NYC, and probably had less children. Not to mention a large number of those Russian immigrants were Jews, who likely don't identify themselves as Russian.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies