What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:46:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17758 times)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« on: December 12, 2022, 06:15:24 AM »

The Early Preparations
[1]

Vice President Harris would've been notified of President Biden's decision not to run for re-election by New Years giving her about a week advantage of other Democratic candidates, in that week she would contact Simon & Schuster for a re-release of her 2019 book "The Truths We Hold" with an updated foreword written by herself. The foreword would contain these few blips of texts.

"While I have served this nation as it's Vice President for 3 years, I still believe there is so much more work to be done for America. Whether that be fighting the climate crisis, expanding healthcare coverage...."

"America's brightest days lie ahead in the leaders we elect, that was proven by the Supreme Court's decision to overhaul Roe v Wade, and of course the show of force American's exercised on November 8, 2022. Democracy is still alive and well...."

"But my work is not over yet, and whatever the next journey for me is, I hope you will join me - Kamala"

The Vice President would then get in contact with Jim Clyburn of South Carolina to inform him of her impending plans to seek the Presidency a second time. In the call she would court his early support by saying she is the only candidate strongly suited enough to continue the legacy of the Biden-Harris administration. Harris would continue to court Clyburn in the coming weeks.

Vice President Harris also would accept a slew of media offers, with one notable interview coming from the Stephen Colbert show;

Clip from "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert"
COLBERT: Madam Vice President, it's so good to have you back on my show-
HARRIS: It's good to be back *Chuckle*
COLBERT: And since the last time I saw you...I heard you got a new job- *Audience laughs* So what's that about?
HARRIS: *Laughs* Well... I did get a new job and I really like it! It really fits with my quality set! *Laughs*
COLBERT: I had to ask because 3 years ago you came on this show, and I asked you if you were preparing to run for President, cause you released a new book and what not, that's what presidential candidates do.
HARRIS: Right
COLBERT: So when I heard *Slams book on desk* You re-released a book!
HARRIS: *Laughs heartily with audience*
COLBERT: I got suspicious! So last time you told me you might run, so just rip the band-aid off this time. Are you gonna run for President?
HARRIS: I might! *Laughs*
COLBERT: Once again! She might!

The Vice President would continue to call operatives from her 2019 campaign and seek their advice on a best announcement date, finally setting on Mid-May in order not to get clustered with lower tier candidates in the race. All calls would have taken place outside of the White House complex and offices to avoid any Hatch Act violations.

Following these early preparations the Vice President is slated to meet with a bare-bone team in February to assess the viability of a second Harris run.

[1] Rawpixel
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 07:27:42 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2022, 08:19:04 PM by John King wannabe »

Vice President Harris tours electric vehicle factory in Michigan

Earlier today in Michigan on a cold January afternoon, Vice President Harris dropped into a local electric vehicle manufacturing plant in Wayne County on what is touted as an official administration trip by the Vice President's staff, it does draw some attention with Michigan's new spot on the 2024 Democratic primary calendar as well as the state's large and diverse voter population.

Vice President Harris was greeted on the tarmac after landing in Air Force Two by Lieutenant Governor Gilchrist, Senator Gary Peters, and Senator Debbie Stabenow. All of which's contact information was saved by her staff to be forwarded to her 2 person campaign stuff for further contact once the Vice President goes full speed into a campaign. Vice President Harris would then give remarks at a local high school on the importance of investing into electric vehicles. The following are a few excerpts from the speech.

"Thank you all very much! It's so good to be back in the great state of Michigan! Thank you all so much for being here! Especially Senators Peters and Stabenow, Lieutenant Governor Gilchrist and our many local elected officials, give them a hand you guys...."

"Now look, electric vehicles are in fact the future, and we know this, and under a Harris administration... (stutter) under the Biden-Harris administration we have taken considerable action to move forward the idea of clean and renewable energy, and that starts on the road with electric vehicles"

"But I know that for some people, the idea of switching to an electric car may still seem daunting. So let me tell you a little secret: electric cars are actually a lot of fun to drive! (Laughs) They are smooth, quiet, and have instant torque, which makes them incredibly responsive. In fact, once you try an electric car, I think you'll be hooked."

After the event the Vice President visited the Wayne Country Democratic Party HQ where she chatted with volunteers and organizers and said overheard from a reporter in the room "I need some of you guys to stay on for the next couple of months, alright?" before moving to another organizer.

Harris would then hold a impromptu meeting with her staff inside of her black armored SUV and speak of the importance of Michigan as an early primary state, while also casting doubt on it's ability to win with Governor Gretchen Whitmer a possible strong contender. Her bare bones team would insist on staying active in Michigan in the primary season and possibly even announcing in Detroit which Harris shot down calling it disrespectful to announce in another candidate's home turf.

The following day, Harris would fly back to Washington for an event at the White House marking MLK Jr day, at the event she would hold discussions with Dr. King's living children as well as do her best to be seen with President Biden to paint the "natural successor" look for the press and for potential primary voters.

A member of her staff would release the following tweet from her @VP account.

Transcript: On this day of remembrance of the legacy of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Let us not forget the battles he fought in the name of equal rights for all, and may we all carry his legacy on our backs.

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 10:56:21 AM »

Vice President Harris issues statement on recent remarks by Vice President Pence

Earlier today, Former Vice President Pence, in an effort for political relevance referred to Senator Feinstein "kicking the bucket" and questioned Governor Newsom's possible political appointments regarding the event of Senator Feinstein's death

The office of the Vice President condemns and strongly calls on the former Vice President to issue a personal and public apology to Senator Feinstein and her family for his hurtful remarks, placing prediction markers on when a member of the opposing party passes away is unacceptable in all forms.

The Vice President and Second Gentleman have called Senator Feinstein already and will continue to stay in contact with her as she considers her next political steps.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 08:50:14 PM »

For the People: The Planning Stages

On February 23rd, 2023 after attending meetings with President Biden and their national security team, Vice President Harris was motorcaded to a nondescript office building in Baltimore, Maryland. Joined by her husband, the Second Gentleman and her sister Maya along with around 5 potential campaign staff, the Vice President was given her options on a presidential run as well as presented with possible slogans, logos, polling numbers on early primary states, and of course possible lines of attack for other candidates.

There the Vice President settled on a message, borrowing from her 2020 campaign. "Kamala: For the People" the dropping of the last name was significant in an effort to make her appear more personal to voters. Also at the meeting it was decided that a kick-off event would happen in May at Howard University in Washington D.C which was also Harris' alma mater. The announcement date has been set for May 3rd with Howard officials being notified that Vice President Harris would need a space big enough for over 5,000+ people, preferably outside.

In March the Vice President would begin forming her policy agenda, choosing to focus on the accomplishments of the Biden-Harris agenda, such as the bipartisan infrastructure bill, Marriage equality act, and of course continuing the fight for the Build Back Better Act which will be renamed under Harris the "For the People Act". Her campaign team on the other hand would borrow back the "kamalaharris.org" and "kamalaharris.com" domains from the Democratic Party and shut the pages down for a complete overhaul for the May 3rd announcement.

The Vice President would also begin holding conversations with members of the Congressional Black Caucus seeking their early support for when she announces her run, and even offers for some to appear at her kick-off rally.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 07:06:25 PM »

For the People; One Week Out

With one week out from the formal Harris campaign announcement, scheduled for May 3rd, now pushed back to May 5th due to scheduling conflicts regarding a trip to Canada to meet Prime Minister Trudeau. The Harris campaign is ramping up operations, printing out flyers for the announcement, building a stage on the Howard campus, and seeking attendance confirmation from the "VP's VIPs" for the kick-off rally. The campaign is in high gear all awaiting an official announcement from the Vice President and her FEC filing.

Meanwhile the Vice President's office is also going through some changes, with low level aides leaving the White House to join the Vice President's campaign and the Vice President herself staying hunkered down either at the Naval Observatory or the West Wing seeking to avoid having to answer any media questions about a presidential bid. Only emerging to the press for a quick visit to the Capitol to break a tie on a second circuit judicial nomination and quickly leaving only telling the press "Good seeing you all!"

Meanwhile the staff has begun to be formed, with Vice President Harris asking Jen O'Malley Dillon to step down from her role as Deputy White House Chief of Staff and join her campaign as it's official chair and asking Pete Kavanaugh, the deputy campaign manager from the Biden 2020 team to join her as it's official campaign manager.

She has also asked her former campaign manager for her 2020 campaign to join her as a senior advisor, as well as her sister Maya Harris, who also served in the same capacity for the Hillary for America campaign. From there, her chair and manager would begin to form a team in all 50 states and territories as well as build down the rest of the campaign organization in preparation for the
announcement.

The Vice President has also scheduled an interview with Symone Sanders-Townsend on MSNBC to announce her run on May 5th, Sanders-Townsend previously worked in the Vice President's office and the campaign believes it's a smart move to get Harris in front of a friendly and familiar face for her first interview as a candidate rather than a hostile Jake Tapper like interviewer.

The campaign has decided to base all operations from Baltimore much like her 2020 campaign, as well as its proximity to the nations capital. After the rally at Howard the Vice President will then go to Richmond, VA for a fundraiser with top democratic donors and seek their support for her campaign.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022, 03:09:51 PM »

For the People: The Announcement

The Vice President woke up early on Friday afternoon at the Naval Observatory on May 5, 2023. The day in which her second Presidential campaign would be launched, and her as the front runner would cement her place in the campaign. The Vice President met early with her staff at the Naval Observatory to go over the final copy of her speech and the logistics of the announcement. Her team would then tell her the crowd was bigger than the expected 5,000 and is around an estimated 18,000. Less than the 22,000 at her 2020 kick-off but big enough to give the campaign bragging rights.

Vice President Harris would then make a short commute to the White House to talk to President Biden and seek his advice and luck on her campaign, before talking to her staff in the Vice President's office and popping champagne to good luck and a well run campaign. Afterwards the Vice President would motorcade the 10 minute drive from the White House to the Howard Campus waving to the cheering spectators as she pulled into the closed tent backstage.

In the closed off tent the Vice President would officially fill our her FEC paperwork for her presidential campaign establishing the "Kamala For the People" campaign committee and designated Dennis Cheng as her finance director, Cheng previously served in the same role for the "Hillary for America" campaign in 2016. She would then chat with her invited guests, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester, and Congresswoman Joyce Beatty. She would quickly chat with them before they went out to speak to the crowd in the run up to her own speech.

Then the moment everyone had been waiting for, after the Second Gentleman went out and addressed the crowd to introduce his wife, calling her a "pillar of light in our home, and a wonderful Momala" which drew laughter from the crowd and Harris herself. Second Gentleman Emhoff would then formally introduce the Vice President by saying "And now, the Vice President of the United States, my beautiful wife and our next President! Vice President Kamala Harris!"

A transcript of the Vice President's remarks are below:

"Hello Howard! The real H.U!

It’s so good to be back at my alma mater! And it is so good to see so many wonderful faces here this afternoon! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It means so much to me that you all are here.

First! I wanna give a shoutout to the great leaders here with us today, Congresswoman Maxine Waters! Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester! And Congresswoman Joyce Beatty!

Strong black women! Who heeded the call for public service even when others doubted them, and I am so glad to have them here at the beginning of this journey, here at Howard not too far from the Capitol where I interned for Senator Alan Cranston as a mailroom clerk where I learned the importance that our interns and staff work to keep our country moving, and eventually I held that exact seat in the United States Senate for 4 years, proudly representing the people of California!

Here at Howard I learned the importance of using my voice to speak on issues in our time, I protested apartheid and human rights abuses, during my work in the Capitol I talked to my boss about affordable childcare and I took all these issues with me back to California after I graduated, determined to make a difference in peoples lives.

So that’s what I did, I became a prosecutor, doing my very best to seek justice for those who often feel left behind and forgotten, and one of the first thing I uttered in a courtroom were these 5 words that have defined the rest of my career “Kamala Harris: For the People”

The people! It was the people that sent me to the District Attorney’s office in San Francisco where we prosecuted violent crimes such as murder, sexual assault, and child abuse. It was the people that sent me to Sacramento as California’s Attorney General where we took on the banks that were targeting vulnerable homeowners and got over $25 billion back in damages! Which we put forth to get Californians back on track!

Then the great people of California sent me to the Senate, where I held our federal government officials accountable, demanding answers and speaking truth even when it made others uncomfortable, and on that Tuesday morning in August when Joe Biden asked me to serve as his running mate I knew that my work wasn’t over, and thanks to over 81 million Americans across this country, you sent Joe Biden and I to the White House!

And I’ve stood beside Joe Biden in the White House, as we passed critical infrastructure legislation! As we passed the biggest investment in climate change ever! We worked on a bipartisan basis to deliver results for the American people! And we have! The proof is there, our work speaks for itself, and because of our work many of the students here at Howard have the opportunity to have their student loan debt eliminated!

There is so much that has been done, and so much we need to continue to do. And under the Biden-Harris administration I can admit that not everything has been perfect but its because of our resolve and hard work we have continued to provide for the American people. And I want to continue that work.

So that is why, with a full heart and a clear vision for the future of this nation. I stand before you all as a candidate for President of the United States of America!

As your President I will wake up everyday in the White House committed to your service, whether that be helping lower the cost of living in this country, get American’s quality affordable healthcare or even increase the benefits of a full time job. I will not rest because the American people do not have the chance to rest when times get tough. We roll up our sleeves and we get to work!

America is the greatest country on earth, and if you fight for our shared values, if you fight for the belief that everyone in America should have a fair shot at the American dream no matter their background, race, religion, creed, or sexual orientation, if you fight for our campaign, I will fight for you every single day as the President of the United States!

And so with that, let’s get to work! Thank you! May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America!"

After the speech, now Presidential candidate Harris would be joined on stage by her family and friends to the sound of "Work That" by Mary J. Blige, her official campaign song, and wave to the news cameras before walking off stage and shaking hands with people in the crowd, which would make the secret service extremely nervous. The family would then head backstage for refreshments and a quick breather. Celebrating the success of another great campaign kick-off
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 06:31:28 PM »

For the People: Vice President Harris begins campaign blitz

Vice President Harris has officially begun her 2024 campaign blitz with her first appearance happening in Clemson, South Carolina. There she met with local elected officials seeking their support in the presidential race. Afterwards the Vice President visited a local diner where she chatted with locals and assured them to "Not be too nervous around the Secret Service, they're a bunch of lovers" before laughing and chatting some more.

The Vice President would then go to Pendleton High School where she would hold her first post announcement campaign event, with a crowd of about 500 people in the packed gymnasium. There the Vice President would be introduced by a 15 year old supporter of her campaign before taking the stage to roaring applause.

"Thank you! Thank you all so much and I got to say it's so good to be back in South Carolina! The official first primary state in our Democratic primary!"

"South Carolina, 3 years ago you propelled Joe Biden to the White House and showed the Democratic party that the voices of people of color, the disenfranchised and those who represent the bulk of our party will not be forgotten and I can assure you all when I am President I will do everything in my power to ensure the forgotten communities of America are seen once again!"

"I came to South Carolina to talk about an issue that not many people take really seriously and that is clean renewable energy, now South Carolina, you're right on the coast. You know how serious this issue of climate change is with the, ya know, hurricanes and such it is such an important issue to me, and I know to so many of you in this great state"

"That's why, as President, I will be committed to working with all of you to make this transition a reality. Whether it's investing in solar and wind power, or supporting research and development in new technologies like advanced batteries and carbon capture, we need to do everything we can to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and move towards a clean energy future."

"Now, I know some people might be thinking, "Oh no, not another lecture on climate change." But let me assure you, that's not what this is about. This is about creating jobs, growing our economy, and leaving a better world for our children and grandchildren."

"And let's be real, who doesn't love saving money on their energy bills? (Laughs) I know I do."

After her campaign event, Vice President Kamala Harris joined MSNBC host Symone Sanders-Townsend for an interview on her show. Sanders-Townsend formerly served as Chief Spokesperson for Harris from 2021 - 2022.

SYMONE:
And now I am proud to be joined by the current Vice President of the United States, fresh Presidential contender and my former boss, Vice President Kamala Harris. It's so good to see you again ma'am.

HARRIS:
Awww, it's so good to see and talk to you again Symone, really.

SYMONE:
Now, Madam Vice President, you are a fresh new presidential contender, you announced your campaign yesterday so tell us how do you plan on reaching our to Democratic voters who may see you as a second Biden term, or a continuation of the status quo?

HARRIS:
Well, that's a great question, and let me just say that this isn't a continuation of any administration. On January 20, 2025 when I am sworn in as President I can assure you that the Harris administration will work for and by the people. That includes doing everything we can to expand access to healthcare, codify abortion rights into law, protect the right to privacy and raise the minimum wage. My term as President will be groundbreaking and that's a promise.

SYMONE:
And do you think you have a better chance than your last campaign?

HARRIS:
Well- (Chuckle). I am going to win, I can tell you that. And I don't like to compare campaigns and such because 2020 was a very weird election (Laughs) It was a very weird election! But look I am confident in our chances, we have an amazing ground game getting started up in these early states and I am confident in our chances.

SYMONE:
And have you talked to President Biden about your campaign, what advice did he give you?

HARRIS:
President Biden has been extremely supportive, we have been great partners through our time in the White House and ya know he is really like a member of my family, and ya know he told me to fight for what I believe in and that's what I intend to do.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 09:40:01 PM »

Vice President Harris address South Carolina Democratic Convention
Columbia, SC

Vice President Kamala Harris attended the South Carolina Democratic Party's convention where she addressed South Carolina delegates and attempted to rub elbows with influential Democrats in South Carolina who would be pivotal to her winning the South Carolina primary in February of 2024. The Vice President would make a grand entrance with a drumline and dancers before marching to the stage using her status as Vice President to become a featured and headline speaker. An excerpt of her remarks are below;

"Wassup South Carolina Democrats! (Laughs)"

"I am honored to be here with you today at this important convention. As we gather together, I want to speak to you about the values that have always guided our party, and how we can continue to fight for progress and justice in the years ahead. Of course, I want to acknowledge the great Congressman and Assistant Democratic Leader, Congressman James Clyburn! A great American and advocate for Democratic ideals, and I hope Congressman Clyburn continues to play an important part in our Democratic process (Chuckle)"

"Our great Democratic party, the party of figures like Franklin Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson! Barack Obama! They have all found their roots in this great party fueled by the power of people of color. Lifting their voices for what they believe the future of our country should look like. A party of equality, a party of equal opportunity and a party of progress!"

"But we also know that there is still so much work to be done. In a country as wealthy and powerful as ours, it is unacceptable that so many of our citizens are struggling to make ends meet, or are being left behind by a system that is rigged in favor of the wealthy and the powerful."

"That's why I believe it is more important than ever that we stand together and fight for policies that will lift up working families and create a more equitable and just society. Whether it's raising the minimum wage, expanding access to affordable healthcare, or investing in infrastructure and clean energy, we must do everything in our power to create a brighter future for all Americans."

"I know that these are difficult times, and that there are many challenges ahead. But I am confident that, by working together and standing up for what we believe in, we can overcome any obstacle and build a better future for all."

"So let's roll up our sleeves, get to work, and never stop fighting for the values that have always defined our party. Together, we can create a brighter, more equitable future for all South Carolinians, and for all Americans."

"Thank you all so much! And may God bless you!"

The Vice President would then privately huddle with Congressman Clyburn and once again lobby him for his support, getting him in contact with her campaign team before talking to other influential donors and encouraging them to make a sizable donation to her campaign.

The Vice President would then leave South Carolina back to Washington to attend to her official duties as Vice President.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 10:33:33 PM »

Vice President Harris rallies the troops in Nevada, strengthens campaign ground game

Already bouncing off a successful campaign launch and a much applauded speech at the South Carolina Democratic Party convention, The Harris campaign believes that momentum is on their side. The campaign has dumped a considerable amount of resources into early states, particularly, South Carolina, Georgia and Nevada. Those 3 states are where they see the Vice President as most likely to win and are attempting to build a strong ground game to avoid a repeat of the first Harris nationwide campaign.

Meanwhile the Vice President has hit the road, hitting the early primary state of South Carolina and now Nevada. The next door neighbor for the Vice President and a state with a high Latino population in which Harris hopes to stop from swaying to the Republican party. Harris has aimed to play a populist tone in these early states, aiming to appear more down to earth and relatable than a Vice President usually would seem.

The Vice President recently spoke on the issue of Universal Pre-K to a group in Las Vegas, Nevada. An excerpt of her remarks are below;

"As many of you know, I am a strong believer in the power of education. And one of the most important investments we can make in our children's futures is in early childhood education."

"That's why I am such a strong advocate for universal pre-k. (Laugh) Universal pre-k ensures that every child, regardless of their background or circumstances, has access to high-quality early learning experiences. And the research shows that these experiences can have a lasting impact on a child's development and success in school and beyond."

"But universal pre-k is about more than just academic achievement. It also helps to level the playing field for children from disadvantaged backgrounds. Too often, children from low-income families miss out on the same opportunities as their more affluent peers. Universal pre-k helps to bridge that gap and give every child a fair shot at success."

Vice President Harris also traveled to neighboring cities, such as Reno and Carson City seeking to expand her base of support beyond the big population center of Las Vegas. She has been in talks with all 3 members of Congress in Nevada as well as Senators Rosen and Cortez-Masto who she is hoping will get behind her and give her campaign a boost in Nevada.

After her time in Nevada the Vice President would schedule her next appearance for Atlanta, Georgia on in mid-May which will once again give her what she hopes is an early advantage in early primary states.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 11:29:47 AM »

Internal Harris Campaign Memo - Sent to senior staffers across the country

Pete Kavanaugh <PKavanaugh@Harris24.com>
to <Campaign Staff List>

Hello Team Kamala!

I am honored to send my first official campaign memo as the official campaign manager for the Kamala For the People campaign. First I would like to express my gratitude to Vice President Harris for entrusting me with such an important position in leading her campaign and I will do my best to ensure we make her the 47th President of the United States!

A little about me; I previously served as deputy campaign manager for President Biden's successful 2020 presidential campaign and I previously worked in several consulting jobs. I have had a brief retirement before coming back into politics for the VP but I am glad to be back.

Before I get into the nitty gritty of campaigning details and how we will use our funds, ground game, etc. I would like to make very clear that this is a leak-free campaign. Anyone caught leaking to the press and especially to any other campaign will be relieved of their duties immediately. Any personal grievances can be handled by me. And without further ado. let's get into the details;

The Beginning Stages
As we all know our campaign started off extremely strong. With over $5.5 million dollars raised in our first 24 hours we blew past the first Harris campaign record of $1.5 million dollars in the first 24 hours. Our campaign is investing this big sum of cash into our early digital advertising program which will be deployed in Georgia, South Carolina, Nevada and Michigan. Meanwhile we will invest heavily in radio ads in New Hampshire as we believe that population in New Hampshire is better suited to receiving their information in a more direct form rather than on a website or YouTube ad.

We also understand the Vice President is perceived as weak electorally. We must combat that message by getting her in swing states often such as Georgia and Michigan where we can get her in front of large crowds and a diverse electorate. We can slowly begin to shift the narrative away from "un-electable" to "our best shot". We have advised the Vice President to play up her relationship with President Biden. There she can show how she "won" with President Biden in 2020.

Ground Game
A considerable amount of our ground game will be invested in NV, SC, GA and MI. Although it can not appear we put no effort in New Hampshire, we will have the Second Gentleman make a few appearances in New Hampshire to make it clear that the campaign still believes we have a chance in New Hampshire. Although a win is unlikely unless one of the left leaning candidates crashes and burns.

We will be opening 4 campaign field offices in Georgia, 3 in Nevada, 3 in South Carolina and 4 in Michigan to start off our campaign. Please do not get used to these numbers. They are expected to grow and decrease over time as well as our staff count in those states. These field offices have been tasked with gathering enough signatures to get Vice President Harris on the ballot in these primary states, we have teams across the country doing the same as well, as well as help from the "Draft Kamala' PAC who will now merge with our campaign committee.

But that is all for now! Thank you all so much for being apart of this journey and we wish you the very best of luck in your respective positions. Just for those wondering in the area, our official HQ is in Baltimore for those wishing to visit.

Until tomorrow,
Pete.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2022, 09:08:20 PM »

For the People: The VP's VIP's

As the sun brightly shines on the new month of June, Vice President Harris is hitting the campaign trail once again in order to garner support for her campaign for the Democratic nomination for President. With the states of South Carolina and Nevada high on her list, the Vice President has decided to release her surrogates to those early states in order to expand the amount of face time other states get. The Vice President is planning to return home to California for a series of events in order to prevent the state from slipping to Governor Newsom.

Also on the Vice President's list is the states of Illinois and Texas, big delegate states where the Vice President hopes wins in these states will give her a big boost, especially on Super Tuesday. Her first visit was to Texas where before her rally she meet with former Congressman Beto O'Rourke who she knows still holds major sway with Texas Democrats to push him for an endorsement. Afterwards the Vice President would attend a rally in Fort Worth. TX speaking on the issue of criminal justice reform.

"Wassup, Fort Worth! (Laughs) It's so good to be back in the great state of Texas! A state I wanna flip next November!" (Laughs).

"It's good to be in Texas to talk about an issue so important to my heart, criminal justice reform. As many of you know, I spent most of my career as a prosecutor. I believe in the rule of law and I know that our justice system is an important part of keeping our communities safe. But I also know that too often, our justice system disproportionately impacts communities of color and those who are disadvantaged."

(Laughs) "Now, I know some of you might be thinking, "Kamala, what could you possibly have to say about criminal justice reform? You were a prosecutor!"

But let me tell you, as a former prosecutor, I saw firsthand the ways in which our criminal justice system can be flawed. And I believe that we have a responsibility to do better."

"We need to address the racial and economic disparities that exist within our criminal justice system. We need to focus on prevention and rehabilitation, rather than just punishment. We need to invest in our communities, rather than just locking people up.

(Laughs) And I know that some of you might be thinking, "Well, that all sounds good in theory, Kamala, but how do we actually make these changes?"

And I understand that question. It's not going to be easy. It's going to take time and effort. But I believe that by working together, we can make real progress. We can pass legislation that addresses these issues. We can invest in programs that provide alternatives to incarceration. We can work to change the culture of our criminal justice system so that it truly serves justice."

After the event the Vice President met with Congressman Al Green and Congresswomen Veronica Escobar and Sheila Jackson-Lee in an effort to get their support for her campaign before quickly swinging to attend the opening of a brand new campaign field office and talked to her "VP's VIPS" which is a name for her staffers given by the campaign.

The Vice President's next planned stop is California where she will attempt to halt any momentum Gavin Newsom may have in the state and show America and the Democratic party who really is in charge of California.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2022, 02:06:26 AM »

For the People: California Love

"That muthaf**** thinks he's slick" was how the Vice President started her weekly campaign conference call

The Vice President was talking about Governor Gavin Newsom, friend turned foe who she believes completely backstabbed their pledge to support each other's careers. The plan was simple, Kamala gets elected, Gavin gets a cabinet position and 8 years later he has the chance to become President himself. Clearly his ambition got ahead of his loyalty.

The Vice President's breaking point? Him scheduling a rival rally the same day she holds her rally in Oakland.

"He's right across the f***** bay! That is the most disrespectful thing he can do!" The Vice President snapped at her campaign staff assembled on the zoom call from the Naval Observatory

So, the campaign got to work. Getting the word out about her rally and branding it as the campaign's big west coast kick-off to blow out any possible momentum Newsom may have. The Vice President's personal @KamalaHarris account considerably promoted the event more than her own campaign kick-off with all of her major and small California surrogates booked and ready for Oakland.

As the campaign prepared for war in California the Vice President mostly stuck to her on the ground operations and campaigning in states like South Carolina, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan and Nevada. States where the campaign is confident about their chances to rack up either wins or a significant amount of delegates. The Vice President has also attempted to hone down the experience image, aiming to be seen by President Biden as often as possible and boarding Air Force Two often.

The Vice President also held her first series of townhalls in Las Vegas where she spoke on the issue of gun violence, an excerpt of the townhall was posted on the Vice President's YouTube channel;

Questioner:
"Thank you, Madam Vice President. My name is Morgan Jones, I'm a college student and I grew up in a very conservative household, and one of the arguments I often heard is that further gun control would violate the second amendment of the constitution. What do you say to people who hold that belief?"
VP Harris:
"Thank you so much Morgan, and bless your heart for staying in a conservative household and still coming to ask a Democratic Vice President a question!" (Laughs)

"But look, I believe that we can protect the Second Amendment and also take common sense steps to reduce gun violence. The Second Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms, but it also allows for reasonable regulation."

"The measures that I have outlined, such as universal background checks and red flag laws, are designed to keep firearms out of the hands of those who should not have them, while still allowing law-abiding citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights. And let's be clear: the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and law-abiding citizens. But we have a problem in this country with gun violence, and we need to take action to address it."

Questioner #2:
"Thank you, Vice President Harris, I am a strong believer in state and local government rights, and when I hear you talk about gun control it is mostly concerning federal government power and overreach, what is your plan to bring our local communities into the fold?"
VP Harris:
"Well that's a great and a fair question, and so under a Harris administration we will work closely with state and local governments to address this issue and ensure that we are all working towards the same goal of reducing gun violence in our communities. This includes providing funding and resources to support evidence-based interventions and violence prevention programs at the local level, as well as working with states to adopt and implement common sense gun safety laws."

"It's also important that we listen to the voices and perspectives of those who are most impacted by gun violence, including communities of color and those who have lost loved ones to gun violence. We must work together to find solutions that will make a real difference in people's lives."

Finally, the Vice President held a series of debate prep sessions where she had a number of her advisors and confidantes play as her opponents on the debate stage preparing her for every possible question, line of attack and also planning out some scripted lines which will be sure to give her a large amount of applause.

Finally the day had come, outside at around 9:30 PST, the time chosen so that she could appear after Newsom so he couldn't upstage her. The Vice President bounded up the stage in Oakland, with a large crowd of over 8,000 far beyond their expectations the Vice President began her "West Coast Kick-off" although it really was a Gavin Newsom repudiation rally.

"Wassup Oakland!" (Laughs)

"Awww! It's good to be home! It's good to be home! Oakland, you will always have a special place in my heart. And to be surrounded by the vibrant and diverse community that makes this city so special. I stand before you today as a daughter of Oakland, a proud Californian, and a candidate for President of the United States!"

"Oakland is just so nice I had to announce twice!"

"But let's get down to business! I didn't come here to crack jokes all day....or to impress you with my looks" (Flips hair and laughs) "I came today to speak about the issues concerning the American people. For too long, our country has been divided and our communities have been left behind. We have seen a rise in hate crimes, a proliferation of mass shootings, and an increase in income inequality. It is time for us to come together and make real change, to build a future that is more just and more equitable for all of us."

"First and foremost, we must address the issue of healthcare. It is unacceptable that in the wealthiest country in the world, so many people are unable to afford the healthcare they need. That's why I am committed to fighting for universal healthcare, to ensure that every single person in this country has access to quality, affordable healthcare.

We must also tackle the issue of climate change. The science is clear: we have just a few short years to take drastic action to reduce our carbon emissions and prevent the worst impacts of a changing climate. As President, I will prioritize renewable energy, protect our public lands, and work with other nations to combat this global crisis."

But it's not just about policy - it's about people. We must work to ensure that every person has the opportunity to succeed, regardless of their background or circumstances. That means investing in education, creating good-paying jobs, and providing support for working families. It also means fighting for justice and equality for all, including for communities of color and for our LGBTQ+ siblings.

"Now, some people in this race would rather sneak diss, put out petty ads and statements in order to lift themselves up and tear others down. But I am more interested in getting to work for the American people! Not hiding behind an ad! Or a Twitter account, and not even a Governor's mansion! It's time to speak truth! It's time to get to work! And it's time to roll up our sleeves for the better of the American people!"

"So let's not give up! Let's not give in! Are you with me? Are you ready to fight? Then let's do this! Thank you, Oakland! May God bless you!"

The reaction was immediate.

Allies of both the Newsom and Harris campaigns began calling Harris staffers telling them the Vice President crossed a line with her rally in Oakland and that it was beneath her office as Vice President. When told the news the Vice President simply responded;

"So?"
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 06:01:08 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2022, 06:09:01 AM by John King wannabe »

For the People: Blinding Lights

"Okay, okay, let's run through that answer again" The Vice President said to her debate prep team as she prepped for the upcoming Democratic debate in Philadelphia.

The campaign put a considerable amount of time into the debate prep of the Vice President believing that the campaign would benefit from a strong debate performance and to capture any momentum needed in the race. They were also aware that lackluster debate performances can kill campaigns. The Vice President knowing that more than anyone (Thanks Tulsi).

The Vice President held sessions in whatever hotel she was staying at, her Baltimore HQ, campaign field offices across the country and even the Naval Observatory. The campaign was definitely caught off guard with the entry of former Vice President Gore into the race but believe his policies will peel away from progressive voters more and believe the large Democratic apparatus is still behind Harris

In between campaign appearances and debate prep, the Vice President made sure to attend to her duties as Vice President. When speaking at events under the official Vice Presidential seal the White House had to carefully make clear that it was in no way a campaign event in order to avoid Hatch Act Investigations.

Finally, with a large motorcade pulling up to Drexel University and a quick hair and makeup touchup in her secret service swept RV outside the venue. The Vice President walked out on stage, waved to the crowd and shook hands with her opponents preparing to debate.

DEBATE RESPONSES
Opening Statement:
"Well, thank you, Lester, Rachel, Kristen, Jose and of course Drexel University for hosting this debate and great discussion of ideas, and it's good to be back in the great city of Philadelphia, the city of our country's independence"

"247 years ago, our founders descended on Philadelphia, and once the fierce debate was over a woman asked Benjamin Franklin, and I'm paraphrasing, (Laughs) Well what is it? a monarchy or a republic? And he famously responded 'A republic, if you can keep it'. Well, in recent years we have seen our democracy under immense pressure, and whether we can keep our republic has been called into question more than once."

"Why am I running for President? Well it's simple, to preserve our democracy, speak truth and show the American people what can be done if we put our minds to it. I'm running for President for and by the people, and I hope this debate will show you all how serious I am about my fight for you"

Raise your hand if you support the adoption of a single-payer, "Medicare for All" style healthcare system.
"Well Lester, I raised my hand because, well yes I support the very idea of complete universal healthcare coverage there is no doubt about that. But my plan is a government ran plan, modeled after the 'Medicare-For-All' plan which would allow the American people to opt in and out of our government healthcare plan"

"So, here's what that means. If you like your private insurance and believe you are adequately covered, that's great, good for you, you can keep it. But if you want to opt into our government plan which I call my 'Universal Choice Plan', you can and you will be treated the exact same as anyone else regardless of your income or background"

The world is faced with the imminent threat of catastrophic climate change. This means storms, droughts, and more common freak weather events, rising sea levels, among other negative consequences. What is your plan to address this, mitigate the effects, and prevent long term damage to the planet?
"Thank you for that question and if you've been keeping up with my campaign you would notice I talk about climate change a lot (Laughs)"

"First off I can list what the Biden-Harris administration has already done, we rejoined the Paris Climate Accord, President Biden issued an executive order that directed the federal government to cut our emissions by 65%, he also signed legislation that would create more charging stations for electric vehicles to give these manufacturers more of an incentive to produce electric vehicles"

"Now, under a Harris administration will build on what we have done under our current administration, provide grants for these companies to further motivate them to create clean renewable energy sources, reward companies who produce electric vehicles, the key to fighting climate change is through our American enterprise and under my administration that is exactly what we will do, promote American enterprise."

What could we expect for the first 100 Days of your presidency?
"The first 100 days of my presidency will be simple, fighting for the people. In my first 100 days one of the first things I will do is introduce legislation to codify Roe v. Wade into the official law of the land. We must also do our very best to support our allies abroad and I want to make it clear to them that American will continue to be a leading force for good in the modern world"

"We will also build on the progress we have already made in the Biden-Harris administration, fighting for an assaults' weapons ban, free community college, universal pre-k. It's an ambitious agenda but I am confident we can get it done."

Who is the United States's greatest geopolitical adversary?
"I believe our greatest geopolitical adversary's are those, in foreign nations, who wish to divide our country through social media posts, disinformation, and even some political candidates"

"And see what is so concerning about this age is we can no longer just pin-point any country or region, our country is threatened by those who want to divide our country by political ideology or party, that is our greatest threat. And I applaud Senator Gillibrand for her great cyber-security plan and my only problem with it is that I didn't come up with it first. (Laughs) I believe the Senator's plan is a great benchmark and if elected President I believe it would be a great model"

As Attorney General of California, you've been accused of "weaponizing technicalities to keep wrongfully convicted people behind bars rather than allow them new trials" and you argued against early releases and de-crowding California prisons. Can Democrats trust you to enact a criminal justice agenda that will be fair to all Americans?
"Democrats can trust me because that is simply not the full story. My work as Attorney General of California was upholding the laws and protocols of the state of California. Some of the proudest work in my record as Attorney General was being proactive when it comes to criminal justice reform, such as creating the "Back on Track" program which helped past offenders get an education, get a job, and the resources they needed to avoid committing another crime and ending back up in our broken criminal justice system. I am proud of that work."

"But I can also acknowledge mistakes were made. There were a lot of things my office was required to do in our role as the law enforcement officers of the state of California, that we did not agree with, but were required to do under the existing California law and code. But being the proactive team that we were, we lobbied California legislators, we held meetings with the Governor and we got laws changed for the better and to reform our criminal justice system. That's why the American people can trust me, I get stuff done."

Rebuttal
"Ya know, I had a lot of respect for Governor Newsom before this debate but now I can see that in an effort to advance his career he will do everything he can including flip-flopping and lying about my record to advance his case"

"Now, Gavin (Turns to Newsom), you endorsed me in 2020, you endorsed me in 2016, you endorsed me in 2014, 2010, 2007 and 2003. And even when it looked like your recall election wasn't going your way, you called up my staff and begged for me to campaign with you. And even last year with house seats on the line you didn't even show up and campaign! You were so high on your own celebrity you thought you thought it was all in the bag. Well folks in so small part because of Gavin Newsom we may have lost a great opportunity to hold onto and even flip key seats in California."

"I want a proactive not reactive President, and folks all Gavin Newsom has done is be a reactive politician, not a leader fit for the office of President of the United States."

After the debate Vice President Harris would make an effort to shake every candidate's hand, notably snubbing Newsom by giving him a quick pat on the shoulder before descending into the crowd to talk to supporters. Then after a good 10 minute talk with the crowd leaving for D.C.

And with what they considered a strong and stable debate performance the campaign began rolling out the new slogan of the night; Proactive: For the People
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2022, 03:47:42 PM »

For the People: Red Hot Summer

With the debate behind them and the rest of the summer months ahead of them. The "Kamala: For the People" campaign set out their strategy for the summer campaign. Although the summer was the time when the last Harris campaign fell apart, the 2024 team is hoping to see a major momentum boost coming off of the debates, including fundraising, support and endorsements.

The campaign has decided to expand their endorsement game, beginning to get in contact with Governors such as Governor Shapiro, who the Vice President campaigned with in 2022, Governor Evers of Wisconsin, Governor Kelly of Kansas and Governor Hobbs of Arizona believing a strong endorsement game in these states will shoot down any unelectable discussions regarding the Vice President.

The campaign is also putting a heavy emphasis on internet ads in early primary states in an effort to draw in the new Gen-Z Democratic primary voters who may be reluctant to support the Vice President. The campaign is being cautious with it's spending but not holding back either, sending a considerable amount of field organizers, volunteers and resources to these early primary states which are essential to a Harris win. Although some aides have expressed concern about the South being a Harris stronghold especially with Eric Adams and most recently Al Gore in the race. The campaign still floats confidence in their chances.

The campaign is also sending out the Second Gentleman, Doug Emhoff, to support his wife's presidential campaign. With the Second Gentleman's much higher approval ratings. He will travel to early states such as Nevada and New Hampshire hoping to bring the more personal case to voters regarding his wife, recounting stories including how they met on a blind date, how he proposed to her in the kitchen, and how they decided to seek the Presidency again in 2024. The Second Gentleman has a likeability factor to him with one young child at an event describing him as a "huge teddy bear"

The Vice President has also been meeting with her advisors to discuss strategy regarding the other candidates. Believing them have neutralized Newsom, at least for now. Their focus has now turned to Kirsten Gillibrand who Harris has warned "not to underestimate" as she has defied odds in previous races. The Vice President has been hesitant to attack any fellow female candidate, most especially Gillibrand in part due to their friendship when Harris served in the Senate. Although the campaign has put out testing polls to see where Harris and Gillibrand stand toe to toe on topics, including with women voters, young voters and seniors.

Another candidate commonly discussed is Former Vice President Al Gore, they believe that Gore will be easy to overcome with Maya Harris going as far as to call him "a rusty southern democrat straight from the 90's" which prompted laughs from around the room. The campaign although refuses to underestimate even Gore as they opened multiple more field offices in states across the South and have deployed Congresswoman Terri Sewell and Congressman Sanford Bishop to these early primary states. Their attempts to get newly elected Congresswoman Jennifer McClellan out to campaign for them was shot down as the Congresswoman wants to get more settled into her role before actively campaigning in a national campaign.

The Vice President has also been appearing at White House events more often than not with President Biden often standing to his side or speaking right before him at official events attempting to use her role as Vice President to paint her as close and a strong confidante of President Biden especially with unwelcome media reports regarding their relationship floating around. The Vice President often mentions the President in her own campaign speeches using remarks such as "President Biden and I, Joe Biden and I were elected..., etc" using their closeness in a way not many other candidates in the race can.

With the campaign officially kicking off into high gear and the Vice President fighting for her frontrunner status, every second on the trail counts and the Vice President is constantly on the trail attempting to stress her case to Democratic primary voters.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2022, 07:51:21 PM »

VP Harris celebrates 2023 pride in San Francisco

Leaving Washington for one of her favorite yearly traditions, the Vice President flew home to San Francisco to celebrate Pride in San Francisco's popular yearly pride parade.

Rocking out the festivities in a rainbow colored sequenced jacket. The Vice President's arrival was mostly up in the air due to Secret Service concerns regarding the crowd size, the Vice President's desire to ride in a convertible (sharply shot down due to incredibly obvious reasons) and simply Secret Service anxiety. A compromise was reached, the Vice President would walk down the parade route with heavy Secret Service presence surrounding her.

"Happy Pride!" The Vice President remarked to onlookers as she passed by waving to the crowd although this year without her husband as he is actively campaigning for her in the neighboring state of Nevada. The Vice President went out of her way to embrace young people at the event shaking hands and holding small talk, once again giving Secret Service another run for their money.

With the walk over the Vice President bounded the stage of the main event and embraced the 2 drag queens introducing her which elicited even more cheers from the crowd. the Vice President's remarks are below;

"Wassup San Francisco! (Laughs) and Happy Pride!"

"And let me just say I love a good drag queen! Let's see if I end up on Fox News tonight for saying that! (Laughs) But it's so good to be back home in the great city of San Francisco! And I am so happy to see California love is on full display here today!"

"So look! I'm not here to talk politics, but to reflect on this beautiful display of love, of hope, and of work that took generations but here we stand! I remember when it was a liability to believe in love for all. But! Here we are, the city in which Harvey Milk broke barriers and created pathways for members of the LGBTQ community. I am so glad to see that our work for years has finally bared fruit!"

"But just because we have gotten this far does not mean we need to stop fighting! We have a lot of work to do! And I promise that as long as I am on this earth I will do everything in my power to stand up and fight for the oh so often overlooked communities in this country, our minorities, those with physical and mental disabilities and of course our amazing, our diverse, our open, and our proud LGBTQ community!"

"So! this is only the beginning! Let's lace up our chucks! Let's fight for what we believe in! And although the tasks may seem daunting think of those who came before us, their tasks must've seen daunting as well, but did they give up? Hell no! They fought and they won! So let's fight and let's win! Thank you all so much! Happy Pride!"

After her speech the Vice President descended back into the parade route and danced along with supporters and onlookers alike and refused to answer any political questions posed to her telling the press; "I'm not here to talk politics, I'm proud to stand her as a supporter of this great community"
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 10:13:59 PM »

For the People: Above the Fray

With the campaign heating up the Vice President had no-one else to go but back to her core base of support, South Carolina.

Not wanting any candidate to get a strong foothold in the state and wanting to give the early primary state as much facetime as possible. The Vice President flew into Columbus around 2 in the morning from D.C and quickly checked into the nearest secret service swept hotel with her campaign staff.

The Vice President's first stop in the Palmetto State was at a strip mall where she visited a local nail salon and talked to patrons while she herself got a manicure. Then after leaving a very generous tip and paying for the service she visited several small business restaurants and arrived at one restaurant where they cleared some tables for her to address the seated group eating.

"They just put me on the spot and said speak! So (Laughs) here we are!"

"Obviously, I am here in South Carolina as the Vice President, as a wife, a momala, and a candidate for President. But I don't think many of you know why I am running, I'm running for President because in the over, I think it's been 6 years I have worked in the federal government I have met with people of all walks of life, of different backgrounds, genders, sexual orientation, age, you name it."

"And a thing I constantly hear, in fact I heard it earlier today. 'I don't believe the federal government cares about me'. And you can imagine how deeply upsetting to me it was to hear that especially considering that I work in the federal government. Well, I mean I don't just work, I'm the Vice President but! (Laughs) And so when you hear that all the time you decide, I need to show these people that someone cares about them

"So, why am I running for President? I'm running to be your voice, your champion in the White House, my campaign chant is 'For the People' and that is honestly a short answer version of why I am running, I am running for and by the people. So I'm not gonna stay in your way anymore with these big secret service guys with guns (Laughs) but please do not lose faith in us, your public servants. That is what we are, we are your public servants, we respond to you. Nobody else."

"And with that! My food is ready! So I'm gonna sit down and eat with you guys!"

After a quick lunch at the diner, the Vice President went to a small business boutique which was open press, there the Vice President tried on a variety of outfits for the press and discussed with the owners her plan to provide small business's with grants in order to give them the opportunity to expand and grow their businesses as well as tax breaks in order to alleviate them from personal financial burdens as well as business financial burdens.

The Vice President then stopped by a local family reunion where she took pictures with the assembled family, talked on the phone with those not present and held babies. After referencing how much she loves to cook, the Vice President was invited on the grill to rotate hot dogs and flip hamburgers which she did whilst donned in a red apron.

Afterwards the Vice President stopped into the local WOLO Channel 25 studio for a quick interview with Doug Currin on her visit to South Carolina and her hopes in the upcoming first in the nation primary contest.

CURRIN:
Madam Vice President, thank you so much for joining us

HARRIS:
Of course, Doug, its such a pleasure speaking to members of the press especially here in the great state of South Carolina, and ya know my husband's name is Doug

CURRIN:
Yes ma'am, and if you don't mind me asking, how is the Second Gentleman?

HARRIS:
He's good, I'm very glad he's spreading out message out and he is an integral part of our campaign.

CURRIN:
Speaking of the campaign, Madam Vice President, you ran for President in 2020 and you relied a lot of your hopes on South Carolina then and you pulled very close or sometimes even with President Biden in that race before dropping out, how do you feel your chances are now?

HARRIS:
Well, I am very confident in our chances in South Carolina, the people of South Carolina defied political punditry in 2020 and they kicked off Joe Biden's journey to the Democratic nomination and eventually the Presidency. And with it being the first contest in the race I am incredibly confident in our chances of winning this pivotal state and it kicking us off to the Democratic nomination.

CURRIN:
Now, even if you do win the Democratic nomination a lot of people are concerned about your electability, including even your own Governor, Gavin Newsom, who has said he does not believe you can win. What do you have to say about that?

HARRIS:
Governor Newsom is entitled to his own opinion, but look, this is not the first time people have raised questions about whether I can win an election. In 2003, my very first race I was polling as low as 5% but! We defied the odds, made it to a run-off and won.

And when I ran for Attorney General in 2010, a big red wave year they said and I was behind in every poll leading up to election day, they even called the race for my opponent on election night. But guess what? I came from behind and won and I can tell voters across this country and especially here in South Carolina. I am not new to this, I know how to win, and if you nominate me I will.

CURRIN:
Now if you mind moving with me to the other side of the primary, the Republicans..

HARRIS:
(Laughs)

CURRIN:
You're laughing but they are in all means, disarray. You have multiple candidates engaging in conspiracy theories, you've been name dropped with conspiracy theories attached to your name and they have really been ripping each other to shreds. Does that make you more confident about your chances against any of these candidates next November?

HARRIS:
I mean, what else do you expect? The same party that couldn't elect a Speaker, who supported a
former president who incited an insurrection against the United States government, I mean look, they have lost all credibility with the American people and I am confident that with time voters and the media will no longer take them as seriously cause this is not your father's republican party and this has been proven time and time again.

I mean you got a candidate who falsely calls herself Governor even though she lost her race, you got Lin Wood engaging in- I mean ya know. It's a mess and that's all I'm gonna say (Laughs)

CURRIN:
Madam Vice President, thank you very much for this opportunity.

HARRIS:
Thank you so much for having me, Doug.

Wrapping up the interview the Vice President made a few more quick visits to shopping malls, small business and even a local McDonalds where she reminisced about how she used to work a job at McDonalds and saying she will do everything to raise the minimum wage to "$15 or higher!" before leaving to her hotel for the day.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2023, 01:59:51 PM »

For the People: Regroup the troops

With the national media believing the Vice President failed to express a message to the American people in the national debate and with opponents gaining in her polls and her staying stagnant the Vice President is aiming to take a page from the Biden 2020 playbook and scale down how she campaigns. Once opting for big events, meet and greets, and rallies. The Vice President is deciding to meet voters across the country in more personal settings. Knocking on doors with volunteers, chatting with them in their homes and small businesses and severely limiting the big rallies and events she used to have.

The first sign of this was in North Carolina in October where she visited the home of single mother who is struggling to make ends meet with high bills, child care and healthcare bills. The Vice President detailed her "Universal Choices Act" where she would allow people to opt into a government program and also detailed her Universal Childcare Program which would make childcare free for all children from 6 months - kindergarten. But in the meantime the Vice President sought to get help for the woman by contacting her congressional representative with her (which prompted a very funny phone call with the intern answering the phone) and got her the services she needed for now. With the Vice President later telling her "When I'm President you're gonna be well taken care of"

The month of October is also the Vice President's birthday month. The campaign has decided to hold an event with supporters in San Francisco, one of their few huge events from now on to celebrate the Vice President's 59th Birthday. The campaign will also start airing YouTube ads in early states narrated by Harris' sister, Maya, in an effort to show the Vice President's more personal side which many voters like to see in a Presidential candidate, especially in early states with extended personal face time in these states.

The Vice President has also been unable to find a plausible way to respond to a Gore candidacy besides boxing him out in the South. The Vice President has increased her presence even more in the South in recent weeks hoping to once again have a Biden style victory in the state. The Vice President has also increased her fundraising presence once again relying on small donor donations as evidenced by a fundraising email sent to supporters;

(Insert registered name),

It's Kamala, and I'm coming directly to you to ask for your support and hopefully your donation to help fuel our campaign for and by the people of this great country.

Here's the facts, my opponents are gaining in the polls and we are falling behind our fundraising goal as a result of that. We need all hands on deck and I would love if you could chip in 20, 10, even 5 dollars would get us far. As you know we do not accept donations from corporate PACS which makes our situation so much more people powered, but I know if you chip in you will make the difference.

[$100] [$50] [$20] [$15] [$10] [$5] [OTHER]

Ever dollar counts and every show of support takes this campaign a long way, I hope I can depend on you,

Kamala
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 09:39:15 PM »

For the People: Sweet Home...Nevada?

With a series of townhalls and small voter events across the South and a few select ones in Midwestern states, the Harris campaign turned their attention back to a state which they believe should be theirs in the first place.

Nevada.

The campaign long had put their hopes into Nevada to help them deliver another knockout after an expected win in South Carolina and what would be a rough night in New Hampshire. But seeing their position slipping by the day and candidates descending on the state seeing a potential opportunity to gain ground. The Vice President has decided to personally pay multiple visits to the state of Nevada in the coming weeks in October.

The Vice President has more especially payed special attention to the Latino community of Nevada, especially in the Clark County area of the state with cities such as Las Vegas and Carson City. The Vice President has begun courting the other 2 Nevada congressional representatives, Rep. Dina Titus and Rep. Susie Lee. Stressing her experience as Vice President and their closeness over helping navigate legislation through Congress.

The campaign is also preparing a series of ads shot exclusively in Spanish (with the Vice President having a limited Spanish speaking role). The campaign is preparing to air this ad across the state which they hope would give them a nice boost in the state. The campaign is also courting the Culinary Union which has a large sway with Democratic primary voters. Stressing the Vice President's commitment to the culinary union and their strong show of love to her during her 2020 campaign. Vice President Harris believes that there is a path to her gaining their endorsement.

Strategy moving forward
The campaign is still doubling down once again on South Carolina, pouring a solid amount of their resources into the state. They believe a strong showing in South Carolina will translate into strength in the rest of the country, so even if Nevada isn't a lock right now, a win in South Carolina will take them across the finish line off of their own momentum.

The campaign is also preparing a national internet ad buy with the Vice President hoping they appeal to more Gen-Z new voters. The Vice President is once again aiming to court black endorsers who supported Joe Biden in 2020, and although they will never explicitly will state it in public, painting the Vice President as a continuation of the Biden Presidency.

The campaign is confident in their chances, but they are hopeful that they don't burn out before they get to the finish line.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2023, 10:32:22 PM »

Kamala: For the People
Ad #1 = First, But Not Last: Aired in South Carolina, Nevada, Georgia

VOICEOVER: Kamala Harris, November 7, 2020

"And while I may be the first women in this office, I will not be the last..."

"Because every little girl, watching tonight, sees that this is a country of possibilities..."

"And to the children of our country regardless of your gender, our country has sent you a clear message..."

"Dream with ambition"

"Lead with conviction"

"And see yourselves in a way that others may not simply because they've never seen it before."

CUT TO: Kamala Harris talking to camera

HARRIS:
I'm Kamala Harris, and I approve this message to pave the way for a generation of Americans who believe anything is possible if they just put their mind to it. Go to KamalaHarris.org to join our campaign and I hope you will join us on this journey. For the People.

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2023, 06:32:12 PM »

Congressman Jim Clyburn endorses Kamala Harris for President

At a press conference in Charleston, with Vice President Harris by his side. Assistant Democratic Leader and Congressman Jim Clyburn endorsed Kamala Harris's campaign for the Democratic nomination for President. His remarks are below:

"Hello everyone, please. please sit down I don't wanna tire you all out. I'll start off and get straight to the point soon but let me thank the Vice President for being here with me, a strong leader, a strong Vice President and I hope a strong President"

“I grew up in a community where most people hated me because I looked different, I met my wife at a jail after being arrested during a civil rights march, most of my colleagues in the House went to colleges like Georgetown, Stanford, UNC, the Ivy Leagues. I went to South Carolina State University, a historically black school with a 33% graduation rate. As an African-American student. In the ‘50s. But for me, in the face of hatred and bigotry, perseverance was the only option.”

“What amazes me about Kamala Harris, and other younger black politicians of this time, is how we can be born two and a half decades apart, yet both of us have similar stories, about having to strive twice as hard as the white people in the room, to accomplish half as much!”

“And while that is a massive problem, and considering that, you can imagine just how proud it makes me to turn on my television and whenever I find time to flip to CNN, to see Kamala Harris standing side by side by a true leader, our President, Joe Biden, as his right hand woman.”

“And in true Kamala fashion, she didn’t stop there. A few months ago Kamala announced her candidacy for President, and even though I of course met with a lot of candidates who definitely wanted my endorsement, who know the people of South Carolina trust me, I felt I would be doing a disservice to our nation to reject them the opportunity to have the first black woman as President of the United States!”

“North Charleston, I know why you’re angry. It is outrageous that in this city, which is 47% African American, 20% of the citizens live in poverty, when just across the harbor, there are mansions, and penthouses that garnish the city of Mount Pleasant, which is 90% white!”

“Now, I think that we need someone who will be a President for the black AND the white South Carolinians! The rich and the poor, the city folk, and the country dwellers, that’s not too much to ask for, I’ve spent my life fighting for that! And while I’m thrilled that these issues have drawn attention from the other candidates, anyone I’ve ever known has learned one way or another, that talk is cheap! Kamala Harris, the daughter of a single-mother and two immigrants, a part of the second class of the busing program at Berkeley Public Schools, knows what it’s like to be the underdog! I’ve known her for years to be a woman of her word, and I know that she won’t forget those very personal experiences, or the promises she’s made to the people of our state, when she is sitting in the Oval Office!”

“South Carolina, Charleston, if you trust me, if you trust your neighbors and your family members who have joined this incredible lady in her fight to obliterate the closed-minded standards which dictate who can and can’t be President, then join us!”

“This endorsement is also about policy! I have sat with Kamala Harris in Washington D.C., and I have made historic policy decisions with her. This is not a lady who was a ‘conservative democrat’ two years ago. Her healthcare plan which provides a public option, whilst giving the choice back to taxpayers is the same plan that she ran on in 2020, and it’s something I can get behind. I can also get behind her plans for comprehensive gun reform, because she’s proven herself to be an able negotiator during the Biden-Harris administration on this exact issue. With other candidates in the past, especially some of the ones who ran in 2020, it felt like they were just saying what they knew the public wanted to hear, but with Vice President Harris, you really do get a sense that she knows what she’s getting herself into, and that whenever she makes a promise, she’s already sat down with her people and made a plan for how she can make it a reality within the first hundred days of her term.”

“Kamala Harris will use her experience AND her ambition, to lead us into a brighter future no matter where you come from, and to put the needs of this state on the VERY TOP of her list. Folks, we look forward to watching her win all 46 counties just as my friends, President Joe Biden, and Secretary Hillary Clinton did, don’t we?”

“And I personally look forward to working with her, to make South Carolina and America, great! She is the only candidate in this race that has won a tough national general election in this decade, and she will do it again once we send her all the way to the DNC with THIS party’s nomination. Thank you!”
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2023, 08:54:27 PM »

Vice President Harris visits DoJ, examines damage and meets with families

On the Saturday after the attack on the DoJ building. Vice President Harris paid a visit to the Robert F. Kennedy building and solemnly laid flowers in front of the building as well as entering to meet with the victim's families. In the building the Vice President pledged her support for a clear and comprehensive investigation into what happened, the cause, and what can be done to prevent a further attack of any magnitude on any federal building in the future.

Afterwards the Vice President attended an impromptu meeting with Attorney General Garland and members of the national guard stationed outside the building. There they began to discuss further steps to protect federal agency buildings and the Vice President pledged the full cooperation of the Biden-Harris administration.

The Vice President would then emerge to speak to the press after these discussions.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Well actually it's not a good afternoon, not in the slightest. Today, our nation mourns the tragic loss of life in yet another attack on the very foundations of our democracy. My heart goes out to the families and loved ones of the victims, and to the entire community affected by this senseless act of violence."

"I want to assure the American people that the full resources of the federal government are being brought to bear in order to investigate and respond to this attack. We are working closely with local and state law enforcement agencies to gather all of the facts and bring those responsible to justice."

"I want to make it clear that this is not normal, and it cannot become normal. We cannot accept mass shootings as a regular part of American life. These tragedies tear at the fabric of our communities and our nation, and we cannot stand idly by while innocent people are murdered in cold blood. We will do everything in our power to bring those responsible to justice and to provide support and assistance to the victims and their families."

"But let me be clear, thoughts and prayers are not enough. We must take action to address the root causes of these tragedies, including easy access to weapons of war and the epidemic of gun violence in our country. We must also address the issue of mental health and work to ensure that those in need have access to the resources and support they need."

"I know this is a difficult time for our nation, but we must come together to support one another and to work towards a future where these senseless acts of violence are a thing of the past."

"Thank you."

After the press call the Vice President and Attorney General Garland went back to the White House for a briefing with President Biden, Secretary Mayorkas, National Security Advisors for a briefing on Domestic Security and the best way to defend against further threats on American soil perpetuated by American citizens.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2023, 09:09:34 PM »

For the People: Palmetto Bound

"It's this simple, it's this simple. We need someone with the knowledge, the background and the experience to take on whoever the Republican's throw at us in November, and I am confident that Kamala Harris has the background, the experiences, and the grit to do just that"

Those were the words of Congressman Jim Clyburn as he introduced Kamala Harris at another event in South Carolina, basically becoming her personal surrogate. Everywhere she went, Clyburn followed him becoming her handicap in the state. The campaign dedicated all of it's resources into the state of South Carolina and with Newsom basically endorsing Gore individually in the state and with his plethora of endorsements fear began to take hold of the campaign with one advisor saying "I feel like we're Hillary 2008"

The Vice President would hear none of that however, deciding that doubling down on South Carolina would not get them far and would in fact cost them money. So after her 59th birthday in October the campaign began to plan out the coming months of the campaign.

October
The campaign invested a heavy and almost nauseating amount of resources into South Carolina, deploying volunteers. Reaching out to potential local surrogates and sending the Vice President to the state as often as possible aiming to create a clear link between here and the state's well known comeback kid, Joe Biden.

The campaign also began sending out funds and resources to other states including Michigan, Georgia, California, Texas and North Carolina. Believing a strong showing in the states after South Carolina will give the campaign all the momentum and delegates they need to clinch the nomination. And with the large number of competition, including a former the Vice President. The VP has had to change her message to "Experience" to "Background and Experience".

This was most seen in late October when the Vice President gave a speech in Charleston, South Carolina at Charleston Southern University.

"And this isn't about me, this isn't about any other candidate running. This campaign is about you. The people. And my background is really not all that different from you. I am the daughter of an Indian mother and Jamaican father, who taught me to always strive for excellence and to never give up on my dreams. They instilled in me the importance of education, hard work and perseverance."

"I am proud to have attended Howard University! The Real HU! And one of the most prestigious Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the country. It was there that I developed a passion for public service and a commitment to fighting for justice and equality for all."

"My background has prepared me for the job I am currently seeking. The presidency is one of the most powerful jobs in the world, and we need someone in the Oval Office everyday who knows what it's like to be discriminated against because you need to wear high heels to be seen above a podium. I'm serious that's real! Somebody who knows what it feels like to grow up and sometimes not have enough food to eat, someone who had to work twice as hard to get half as far!"

"And of course someone with the experience, and I'm just gonna run down what I've been doing for the past 20 years! District Attorney of San Francisco! Attorney General of California! United States Senator, and Vice President of the United States! Experience to get things done! And I am ready to get to work!

November
BASH:
And did Congressman Khanna ever apologize for the remarks of his supporters?
HARRIS:
He did, and I am incredibly grateful for that

The campaign dedicated November to media appearances and small events in Super Tuesday states (including South Carolina, obviously) The Vice President spoke to multiple media outlets, local and national in an effort to get her message out. She also held final rallies with the Democratic nominee's for Governor in Kentucky, Louisiana and Mississippi. Using her clout as the Vice President and hoping the appearances between the Vice Presidential seal on her podium lets democratic voters see her as presidential.

The campaign also began airing radio ads in New Hampshire and Nevada. Believing this is one of the best way to reach potential voters. The Vice President also regularly traveled to Nevada and Georgia too. Seeking the endorsements of Senator Cortez-Masto and Senator Raphael Warnock trying to draw a connection between their close personal relationships.

The campaign is also taking Governor Whitmer's seeming absence from the trail as a sign, beginning to invest resources in Michigan and is sending surrogates to the state as well. And after the horrific November 8th attack on the Department of Justice, although they would never admit it, the campaign aimed to get the Vice President to the scene as fast as possible in order to once again make her appear as Presidential as possible.

Towards the end of November the campaign began to look ahead past Super Tuesday, beginning to invest in Illinois, Ohio and Arizona. States that will be vital if the campaign hopes to be viable post Super Tuesday. This is also done due to the fact that they do not believe many of the candidates will drop out after Super Tuesday. And the idea of a contested convention is even more scarier to the team.

December
With December rolling around, and the cold seeping in the campaign is employing a "When they go low, we go high" strategy. Receiving a big boost from the endorsement of Congressman Clyburn and believing that South Carolina is locked up in their favor. They have begun to deploy resources to other early states, including New Hampshire where they have discovered they're not too far behind.

Although the campaign is dropping resources across the country, the Vice President is sticking firmly in the states of South Carolina and Nevada. South Carolina due to the exposure, momentum a first primary can give and obviously the majority black electorate in a Democratic primary. And Nevada due to it being next door neighbor to California and it would bring some brightness to what may not be a good night with a New Hampshire loss.

The Vice President in Vegas expressed her support for labor unions and pledged to support them as President.

"As many of you know, I come from a long line of activists and organizers. From my mother, who was a civil rights activist, to my aunt, who was a labor leader, I have always been deeply committed to fighting for the rights of working people."

"I have seen firsthand how powerful labor unions can be in giving working people a voice and a seat at the table. Union members earn higher wages, have better benefits and are more likely to have job security. And when unions are strong, the middle class is strong."

"However, I also know that for far too long, labor unions have been under attack. We have seen efforts to weaken collective bargaining rights, and to pass so-called "right to work" laws. These efforts are nothing more than attempts to silence the voices of working people and to make it harder for them to stand up for their rights."

"That is why I am committed to fighting for the rights of workers and the rights of labor unions. And as President, I will work to protect and strengthen collective bargaining rights, to raise the minimum wage and to ensure that all workers have the right to form a union."

January
Ringing in the new year, the campaign decides to slowly reposition their South Carolina assets to Super Tuesday states. While still leaving some resources in the state to show they're not too overconfident in their abilities. The Vice President has also once again hit the gas on media and small appearances in states such as South Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Alabama.

The campaign once again is hoping that a strong showing in these states will launch Harris to the nomination and force her opponents to give it up or risk a contested convention. The overall strategy has been: big win in South Carolina, don't embarrass ourselves in New Hampshire. Strong showings in Nevada, Georgia and Michigan before benefitting off of the delegate heavy states in the south and west.

The Vice President is giving off one final push before the firsts contests. Having Harris solely in South Carolina for the last 48 hours of the pre-stage campaign. The Vice President has also encouraged her team to launch a large GOTV operation. Knocking on doors, making sure people are registered to vote and ensuring they know where to vote.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2023, 10:55:02 PM »

Vice President Harris Debate Answers

Opening Statement
"Thank you Jake, Dana, Chris, and Jorge for moderating this important discussion. This truly is a discussion about the issues affecting the American people, a discussion about who will be this party’s next great leader, and with any luck, someone on this stage will serve as the 47th President of the United States of America, and it is up to that person, to lay out a clear vision for the future of this country, for the future of the free world at a time when nothing is for certain, but so much is at stake. I also want to thank the Gaillard Center for hosting us, they’ve been absolutely incredible and I hope that when I debate the republican nominee in the fall of 2024, we can have that debate here, too!"

"But, all jokes aside (laughs), thank you, really. Why are we here? What brings this diverse and experienced group of candidates to the stage here in Charleston? Well, 4 years ago, the great state of South Carolina propelled my friend and our President, Joe Biden to the democratic nomination. Now, the Democrats are back! And it’s a stage filled with so many incredible policymakers that ALL would do an amazing job at lowering the income gap, helping women keep their bodily autonomy, and saving the planet! And while it’s true that 4 years ago, Joe Biden stood up here with a similar message, a message that, in part, has yet to be fulfilled, the way forward is not to embrace the hatred and division that is coming from the Republican Party, it’s not to embrace the same people that incited a riot on January 6th of 2021, it’s NOT to buy into the twisted logic that for too long, has kept people who look like me, and some of my other friends on this stage, down. Now's the time to stay the course, to continue fighting for a woman’s right to choose, to continue prosecuting people that put our country in jeopardy just two short years ago, and I think that I can assemble the same coalition that Joe Biden and I did in 2020, to win in November, and to stay the course with the same fair and reasonable policies, implemented in a bolder and more effective way."

What is your approach to immigration policy? Do you support increasing the cap for asylum seekers and refugees? Do you support more liberal measures like decriminalizing illegal border crossings into the United States?
“That is a great question and thank you for asking it. My policy when it comes to immigration is simple. Enforce the law but create a pathway to citizenship. I believe that we need to increase the cap for asylum seekers and refugees cause let’s look at the facts, many people entering this country illegally are fleeing forms of political persecution, violence, or there are bounties on their heads put by violent gangs and they do not have the ability to seek asylum or claim refugee status because we have reached our limit. That’s my plan. The United States of America has never turned down those who have sought prosperity, freedom, or safety in this country and under a Harris administration we never will. That’s what I’m gonna do, and Jake, if you would just let me finish- what I’m not gonna do is listen to the divisive rhetoric coming from the other side of the aisle, those who want to kick people who seek a better future out of the country and back into the violence they tried to escape. My administration will put humanity over inhumanity and that’s a promise.”

There has been an uptick of crime, especially in urban areas like New York City and Chicago since the COVID-19 pandemic. What measures will you support to bring crime, theft, and gun violence under control?

“Well let’s look at the facts Dana, most of the people who are committing these crimes are not first time offenders. Especially when it comes to issues such as gun violence, rape, or murder and so the real question is, how do we prevent these offenders from commiting another crime?”

When I was District Attorney of San Francisco, one of my proudest accomplishments was introducing the ‘Back on Track’ program and what this program did was we looked at these offenders and we said, ‘okay, let’s bring them in, get them a job, and help them find an education so that we can integrate them back into society and they won’t have to steal to pay for rent or kill someone in a drug deal gone bad’. That’s point number one, point number two is, I was glad to bring this program to a statewide scale when I was Attorney General of California, and I did so with the assistance of former Governor Jerry Brown, and his administration. And just like we brought the ‘Back on Track’ program to the state of California, I intend to implement it on a nationwide scale so that we can get these offenders away from the world of crime and so that we can truly help put them ‘back on track’. Dana, as President, that is what I will do.”

What measures would you take as President to protect access to abortion for women in states where state governments have taken measures against abortion rights? What about measures for LGBT people?

“What I can tell you now is in my first 100 days as President, I will call on the new Congress to introduce legislation to codify the right to abortion into law. And the American people can hold me accountable if I break that promise. We have seen the attacks that state legislatures and Governors across the country have implemented on the individual rights and freedoms of women across the country and it is past time that we as a nation and as a party take a stand and as President that is what I will do, and unlike what some candidates on the stage have said, I will not compromise on this value. As a woman it is gutting to see a handful of men in smoke filled rooms decide what we can do with our own bodies! And as the first female President I will not stand for it!”

“And when it comes to our LGBTQ+ community, I was proud to stand next to President Biden as he signed the ‘Respect for Marriage Act’ which codified the right for Americans to marry who they love. And as President I also plan to introduce more federal hate crime legislation to protect members of the LGBTQ community. And this shouldn’t be a political issue, this is about human beings having basic rights. Whether it’s the right to make decisions regarding their own body, or to love who they want to love. We must take action and as President I will.”

Are you concerned about Saudi interference in American elections? How do you view our relationship with the Kingdom in general, is it time to re-evaluate what has been a longstanding alliance?

“I’m incredibly concerned and for a valid reason. We have seen the dangers election interference has caused our country in the past, whether it be from Russia, China and now we have Saudi Arabia. And let me say this: the United States of America will never cower in the face of those who wish to disrupt our democracy for their personal gain. When I’m President, our country will only have allies who know their limits when it comes to American affairs. Whether that be Saudi Arabia or any other foreign nation. Under my administration, the United States will remain the most powerful nation in the world and we will use that power to stop the forces of evil that, for example, want to hurt innocent Ukrainians  and meddle in our democratic affairs.

“And so I say this with complete certainty and confidence. If the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia not back down, my administration will be prepared to introduce tariffs on their oil, on their exports, and even on their citizens who wish to enter this country. America will always fight for our American values including, the right to free and fair elections”

Raise your hand if you support a gun buyback program, voluntary or mandatory.
(Raises hand) It is past time our country take action on the use of military grade weapons, these weapons of war do not belong on the streets of America and I will do everything I can to get them off the streets.

To Vice President Harris: Many general election polls have shown you trailing Republican frontrunner Governor Ron DeSantis, can Democrats trust you to keep the White House in Democratic hands?

“Well, it’s funny you have asked me that considering I have won every single election I have ever run in. (laughs) But look, this is not new to me, in every election any woman or minority has run in, it has always been a question of whether we can win and I know, Senator Gillibrand, Governor Whitmer, Mayor Adams,  and Congressman Khanna know that feeling well. But look I remember when I first ran for District Attorney and I was polling as low as 5% and everybody was saying I had no chance, well I went on to win that election and serve in that role for over 8 years. Polls are a snapshot in time and I’m confident that in time, people will resonate with my campaign’s message. They’ve done this before.”

“Even when I ran for Attorney General of California I was behind in virtually every single poll in the run-up to election day, but I didn’t give up. I knocked on doors, gave speeches and met the great people of California and I won the race 2 weeks later. I can tell Democrats this, if you put your trust in me, if you have faith and confidence in me I know that despite what the pundits say I will do everything I can to gain every vote and become the 47th President.

Rebuttal
I have a lot of respect for Senator Merkley and he was a great friend of mine in the Senate and still is, but if we wanna look at the facts on how my office handled the financial crisis of 2008, then let’s talk about it:

As Attorney General of California I got a 20 billion dollar settlement from the big banks who preyed on vulnerable homeowners. When the Obama administration tried to make California settle for crumbs I walked away from the table and got a near quadruple increase in what was offered to us. I also worked with the Brown administration in California to introduce the Homeowner Bill of Rights that helped vulnerable homeowners in the event of any financial crisis.

To imply that I am not tough enough on big banks is absurd and the Senator knows it. I have always fought against the big banks in my career and I will continue to do so as President.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2023, 06:09:31 PM »

VP Harris shows off Senator Booker to South Carolina

At an event in Columbia, SC in the days leading up to the first in the nation primary in South Carolina, a phone call was placed from the Vice President's hotel room to Newark, New Jersey with the simple message.

"How soon can you get here?"

Believing that a strong victory was certain in South Carolina, the Vice President wanted to bring out the "big guns" to close out the baby phase of the campaign before it kicked into high gear. So with a flight booked and with a baseball cap on, the junior United States Senator from New Jersey embarked to South Carolina.

When the Senator arrived at the high school gymnasium he was quickly embraced by Vice President Harris and instructed to wait for his introduction. The Vice President bounded the stage with clear enthusiasm and the energy was clear. A win was expected and they felt momentum was on their side.

"Wassup Columbia!"

"It is so good to be back in this great city and we are just a few days away from what I hope will be a very good night in this campaign! I'm not gonna count my chickens before they hatch but come Sunday morning I will head to church here in South Carolina with a full heart!"

"Now, I have a guest here with me, and many of you know him and he is really and honestly my little brother. And I- just Cory come out here!"

"Cory, I am so glad to have you here with me and I really wanna say, everywhere I have gone people have asked me about you! You are a celebrity down here in South Carolina! And so we are so glad to have you and you are gonna be all over the state with me in these final days (Laughs) You want the mic- yeah okay"

BOOKER:
"Come on, y'all give it up for the Vice President of the United States! And the next President of the United States Kamala Harris! And we are gonna get here there! With your help and I pledge I will do everything in my power to get here there, I don't have much to say no cause she literally just picked me up from the airport! But when the Vice President calls I'll answer!"

"Let's get to work! And let's get this done! Let's go Kamala! Let's go Kamala!"

After the event the Vice President and Senator Booker traversed the state of South Carolina, visiting diners, shaking hands and chuckled and laughed at the many homemade Harris/Booker signs made by onlookers.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2023, 02:59:26 PM »

For the People: Final Push

"Alright Florence! Y'all ready to complete the work we started earlier last year?"

The Vice President was wrapping up the final push of her campaign before the South Carolina primary and taking absolutely no chances with any close margin in the Palmetto state. The campaign is hoping for a major blowout victory to help propel the Vice President into a victory in Nevada and at least the top 3 in New Hampshire, something even Joe Biden could not do.

The campaign is also deploying its GOTV strategy in South Carolina. Sending automated text messages to voters registered as supporters of the campaign in South Carolina reminding them to vote, sending volunteers to knock on doors and even the Vice President herself descended across neighborhoods in South Carolina to knock on doors. The Vice President also recorded several messages on social media and radio broadcasts encouraging them to get out to the polls and vote in their primary.

The campaign also began their planning for the victory party, the Vice President will be introduced by Congressman Clyburn, initially set at the Charleston Place Grand Ballroom with the lights illuminated in the vibrant purple of the campaign, the campaign instead had to change it to a high school gymnasium due to the expected crowd overflow. The campaign also is planning a side by side compilation of the Harris 2024 and Biden 2020 victory parties to truly show the contrast in both campaigns and to show Democrats who is most capable of bringing a strong fight to the general election.

South Carolina has not been the Vice President's only focus however. The campaign has especially honed in on the state of Michigan and in particular Detroit and the surrounding suburbs. The Vice President has appeared all over neighborhoods in Detroit hoping to make inroads in the state as well as speaking at church's in the area, notably Greater Emanuel Institutional COGIC where she gave her "Where does your faith lead you?" speech.

"And, I know many of the media may not believe it but I am most definitely a person of faith, and a believer in the gospel of Jesus Christ and often when I wake up in the morning I ask myself, where will my faith lead me? Where will it take me, and what opportunities will my faith open up to me"

"Well, my faith has led me in lots of directions and I believe it is up to us as believers of the gospel to walk by our faith and not by sight, amen? And so I think that is a large part of why I have the career that I have today, I walked by faith and not by sight. When I first ran for office in California it was always, 'Well, Kamala, we like you, we really do. But you can't win! You're a black woman running against a well established incumbent' well I didn't listen to them and I walked by faith and I won!"

"My faith teaches me that all things are possible if I just say I want it, and so that is why my faith has led me to run for President! This is not the first time I have been doubted but I know that if you all have faith in me, and I put my faith in God there is nothing we cannot do and I truly and honestly believe that"

With the campaign starting to wind down the Vice President in good spirits before the South Carolina primary the campaign is optimistic and preparing for a good night in the Palmetto State.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies