What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17369 times)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2023, 11:04:21 PM »

As race takes dark turn, Harris shrugs off criticism

As her plane touched down in Atlanta, Georgia early in the morning of primary day returning back from D.C after casting a tie breaking vote in the dead of night. The Vice President was met by an onslaught of reporters, national, local and foreign. The Vice President waved as she descended the steps of Air Force Two and quickly hustled to the armored SUV that was to take her to her final GOTV event in the state. Once seated comfortably in the backseat several aides climbed in alongside her and squatted down in neighboring seats.

"Ma'am, you have to go out there and talk to them"
"What? Why? All they're gonna do is ask about Gore"
"That's the thing, you need to control the narrative, his people are all over media stations blasting you"

So, with a deep sigh and a quick seatbelt unbuckle. The Vice President asked the Secret Service to open her door to let her out and slowly walked over to the press with a quick smile and a curt, "Hey guys" before walking up to the assembled microphones and cameras as the questions slowly picked up from everyone, then died down to a singular reporter.

REPORTER #1:
Madam Vice President, do you think Vice President Gore only has his career in part to his father?

HARRIS:
I'm sure the Former Vice President is very proud of his family history, as am I. Obviously he had a very clear head start that I didn't in terms of coming from a political family. I was introduced to the world of politics through hard work and perseverance, he was introduced by birth but, ya know it's up to the voters to make that distinction.

REPORTER #2:
A lot of the Vice President's supporters-

HARRIS:
Former Vice President.

REPORTER #2:
Uh- the former Vice President's supporters and surrogates have jumped on your record as a prosecutor, connections to Steve Mnuchin-

HARRIS:
Well, clearly they are threatened by my position in this race. I am the frontrunner by all purposes and I know what this is. When you're on top people like to jump you to get ahead. My campaign has never gotten dirty or negative to a real bad extent. That was the Gore campaign who compared a candidate performance difference of 10 years. So I don't want to get too deep in the mud but someone needs to step up and say enough is enough, let's get back to the issues.

REPORTER #3:
Are you concerned this could hurt your future standing if you win the nomination?

HARRIS:
We will have a united Democratic party this fall. Alright thanks guys.

The Vice President briskly walked back into her car and drove off letting out a heavy sigh wondering how in the world the campaign got to this point so fast. What once was an all but assured nomination was turning into an ugly mud fight between the sitting Vice President and a Vice President from 30 years prior. She turned to one of her senior aides and said.

"This is some sh*t"
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2023, 11:30:29 PM »

Credit: Tweetgen
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2023, 12:25:11 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2023, 12:28:23 AM by Devout Centrist »

Excerpt from Lake speech at First Baptist Church in Columbia, SC
Brothers and sisters, it is an honor and a privilege to be here to speak with you today. I want to thank you all very much for allowing me this wonderful opportunity to share my thoughts with you regarding the direction of our country.

As Christians, we are called to join one another in celebrating our faith in Christ. Each of us, young and old, share in this sacred dominion with the Son of Man. We are called to love one another. We are called to serve one another. It is in that spirit that I humble myself before you today, to ask that you hear my words and hold them in your heart.

Friends, I am sad to say I am not addressing you under better circumstances. The community of Christ has suffered some of the worst oppression in the history of this country in recent years. Our nation has a President who has undermined the faithful at every turn. This man, and his running mate, were chosen by dark forces to control this country. They have proven themselves to be in league with the enemies of this nation, both material and indeed spiritual. We see it in the amoral values they force upon our children. We see it in the way they prioritize criminals over law abiding citizens. We see it in the way they sell our countrymen’s jobs overseas for a quick profit.

The President, and Kamala Harris, represent the darkness that has consumed our land in recent years. They have rejected the light at every opportunity! They have embraced the path of greed and pride. And in doing so, they have hurt the community of Christ in this country.

Friends, brothers, and sisters, I say to you: WE MUST FIGHT BACK! WE WILL FIGHT BACK! As followers of Christ, we are called to this struggle, to this battle for the soul of our nation. We are called to take back control from the forces of tyranny! We are called to take back control from the wealthy and the powerful! We are called to take back control from the evildoers in our presence. This is our fight, this is our battle. If we are to rescue this nation from the path of perdition, we must do this united in the spirit and the glory of Christ.

For as it is said in Ezekiel 25:17, “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee, with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

Take back control, brothers and sisters! Take back control America! God bless you all!
RGM2609
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2023, 12:48:25 AM »

Gavin Newsom's response to latest campaign trail attacks

Following his exit of the race, Gavin Newsom has worked relentlessly behind the scenes to help Vice President Gore's organisation in California and shift his endorsers towards him, planning to reassume his role in the public eye after Georgia votes. But the latest round of attacks from Vice President Harris caused him to break the silence on the ongoing campaign. Here's what he answered when asked by a reporter about the ongoing back-and-forths:

"Look, I think it is very clear to the voters in the great state of Georgia that Vice President Al Gore wanted to keep this campaign focused on the issues that matter to voters, and Kamala Harris declined. And if she is so willing to relitigate what was happening in the 90s, I think we need to talk about much more recent history! We have all by now heard the horror stories  about what prisoners under 《progressive prosecutor》 Kamala Harris had to endure. California will never forget about the people kept in jail for longer because of random technicalities, the withheld evidence, the fight against more control by communities over the police. She said she's the top cop, that liberals need to move on from biases against law enforcement. Probably because of this kind of statements she only won in California by less than 1%. Our party needs someone with a clean record, someone who can win, someone who doesn't have a -20 approval rating nationwide. And Al Gore is that candidate."
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2023, 12:51:47 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2023, 12:55:27 AM by YPestis25 »

Vice President Gore Addresses the “Family Feud”
Source: PBS NewsHour

Gore
Thank you all for being here. I wanted to address the recent, let’s call it “family feud,” in the Democratic Party. I want to make a few things clear: We’ve got to keep this campaign about issues. We’ve got to drop the attacks on our families and our backgrounds. These kinds of jabs are unbecoming of a serious political party or of a serious candidate. We are the party of ideas and issues, not of cheap, petty attacks.

But beyond all that, we have to remember that this is a family feud. Just like any Thanksgiving where you’re gonna fight with your family, at the end of the day, they’re your family. Every candidate in this race is running for the highest office in the land - it is an awesome responsibility and tensions are going to flair. No matter what happens we’re gonna whip whatever radical the GOP tries to sell to the American people.

Reporter 1:
But Mr. Vice President, Vice President Harris has shown no inclination to drop the insinuations about your family and your career.

Gore:
Look, I respect the Vice President in many ways, but I think the American people will see through these insinuations. I am a former Senator, a former Vice President, and now a Presidential candidate with grandchildren, who has devoted his life to public service. Both of my parents grew up in poverty and every summer I worked on the family farm. I’m not going to belabor the point, I think the American people can make their own conclusion about my background. At the end of the day though, these attacks have got to stop, for the good of the party, and more importantly for the good of the country.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #405 on: January 25, 2023, 01:20:33 AM »

LIN WOOD TWEETS
This one is really toeing the line, so apologies in advance to both Vice President Harris and former Vice President Gore

All Tweets made with TweetGen, profile picture from Wikimedia Commons
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #406 on: January 25, 2023, 01:55:45 AM »

Lies, Fraud, and Deception: The Night of the NH Primary

After a long day of door-knocking, phone banking, and other activities associated with the GOTV operation, Hawley sat down with his New Hampshire leadership team to crunch the numbers in anticipation of a long night. Just yesterday, the campaign was incredibly optimistic about their chances, but as polls began to close, that mood had changed. County chairs reported that tampering and faulty data was limiting the effectivity of their operations, precincts captains felt outside interference was driving less of their support base than needed to the polls. News of this meddling struck leadership by storm. Who could be responsible for this?

Staff were quick to point the finger at DeSantis, who had a vested interest in Hawley underperforming, but it was clear all these dirty tricks were benefitting one candidate, one candidate who had staked his entire candidacy on New Hampshire: Roger Stone.

A wave of exasperated and irritated sighs flooded the room as initial results strolled in. It became apparent this would not be the night Team Hawley had hoped for. 'What the f-ck did they think they would accomplish by splitting the vote?' One aide blurted in frustration. The room was tense. Sensing the need to convey confidence, Hawley struck an optimistic tone, reminding his staff that they were still set to significantly out-shoot previous Iowa Caucus winners. He further emphasized that the team 'will need to look strongly into.. what happened tonight on the ground' but 'this is still a strong performance, we're in the top-tier, no matter how you slice and dice it.'

With Youngkin eventually triumphing over DeSantis, it seemed the worst fears of the Hawley campaign would not come to pass. In any case, DeSantis's campaign walked out critically wounded, with a 2nd-place finish in, now, both of the nation's first primaries. Youngkin's victory proved he was certainly a force to be reckoned with, but he wasn't cutting into our voter base in the same way others were, so his triumph was seen as the 'next-best-outcome' if there was one. Hawley made sure to call the Virginia Governor to congratulate him on his win before striding into his watch party to deliver a speech to his supporters.

"Thank you, New Hampshire!

Tonight, you showed the country that the Granite State doesn't let anyone make their decision for them.

I want to say I am incredibly humbled and privileged to receive the support of so many here. Not that long ago, the pundits and the pollsters were telling me not to visit this state, that I'd get 5th or 6th and wouldn't even hit double digits. They told me to write it off the map. I told them, not on your life. I took a chance on this state, and throughout this campaign, I have had the honor of meeting, talking, and connecting with the people of this great state.

What we did here was simple. We didn't talk about the issues that the donors and the focus groups and the special interests told us to. We talked about what was concerning, what was frustrating the good people of New Hampshire. We talked about the crisis of drug addiction that is flooding far too many towns and communities across the Granite State, we talked about how corruption has left so many people here invisible to Washington, we talked about the decline in real wages caused by this Administration's horrendous policies. And the people of New Hampshire have delivered!

What it looks like right now is practically a photo-finish in the top 4. I don't think there's ever been a New Hampshire primary this close between so many candidates. What we do know, though, is Governor Youngkin has edged it out. I congratulated him just moments ago on his victory. I also want to congratulate our staff and volunteers, who really worked their heart out on the ground for this result. What they have proved and what we have proved is that we can build a campaign that leaves nobody behind, and when we win this November, we will take Washington by storm, we will bring the voices of the forgotten and the left-behind to the highest levels of government and take back this country!

Again, I want to thank you and the support you have given me, this campaign, and my family throughout this journey and this perilous moment for our country. I am more confident than ever that we will go into South Carolina, into Nevada, into Super Tuesday with more strength than we ever had before because of the message New Hampshire has sent.

Tonight we celebrate, and tomorrow we get back to work. God bless you all, and good night!"

In the ensuing days, Team Hawley learned that Kari Lake's campaign was essentially the progenitor of the mess in New Hampshire, actively undermining their efforts under the guise of 'cooperation'. This was a tough pill to swallow, but it was better to learn it now than later. After all, New Hampshire was never really a must-win state. Going into South Carolina, national leadership made steps that would 'insulate' the campaign from outside interference, by limiting cooperation efforts between other campaigns, cutting off loose ends, and double-reviewing the data going into election day. The hope was that this scare would make the operation more cohesive, focused, and effective going forward.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #407 on: January 25, 2023, 07:34:04 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2023, 05:51:38 PM by Devout Centrist »

Statement from Kari Lake
I am disappointed by the serious allegations coming out of the Hawley campaign regarding the results of the New Hampshire primary. Our people on the ground did everything in their power to work with Josh, and give him a leg up in a critical state for his campaign. We shared data with Josh freely, without receiving any special favors or backroom deals in return. If he wants to blame conservative volunteers for his failure to win New Hampshire, that’s on him, not on the good people of New Hampshire.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #408 on: January 25, 2023, 07:41:38 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2023, 08:00:02 AM by oldkyhome »

Statement from Kari Lake
I am disappointed by the serious allegations coming out of the Hawley campaign regarding the results of the New Hampshire primary. Our people on the ground did everything in their power to work with Josh, and give him a leg up in a critical state for his campaign. We shared data with Josh freely, without receiving any special favors or backroom deals in return. If he wants to blame conservative volunteers for his failure to win New Hampshire, that’s on him, not on the good people of New Hampshire.

Nothing here is public. It’s just a recap of the night from the pov of Hawley’s staff. Maybe should’ve made that clearer. Tongue
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #409 on: January 25, 2023, 10:31:48 AM »

Self-made campaign material

Ad #10: Stride.

[1]
"Last night I had the strangest dream."

[2]
"I sailed away to China,"

[3]
"In a little row-boat to find ya,"

[4]
"And you said you had to get your laundry cleaned."

[5]
"Didn't want no one to hold you,"

[6]
"What does that mean?"

[7]
"And you said,"

[8]
"Ain't nothing gonna break my stride."

[9]
"Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no,"

[10]
"I got to keep on moving."

[11]
"Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride."

[12]
"I'm running and I won't touch ground."

[13]
"Oh no, I got to keep on moving."

[14]
VO: "I'm Josh Hawley, and I approve this message."

Aired in South Carolina. Modeled on Bernie Sanders's America ad.

Attributions
1. Small Downtown Buildings by Stuart Rankin, via Flickr
2. Untitled by Patrick, via Flickr
3. Public Domain, via PublicDomainPictures.net
4. 20190627-NRCS-LSC-1610 by U.S. Department of Agriculture, via Flickr
5. Public Domain, via Facebook
6. Senator Josh Hawley, via Flickr
7. Public Domain, via Facebook
8. Public Domain, via Facebook.
9. Public Domain, via Facebook
10. Public Domain, via Facebook
11. Public Domain, via Facebook
12. Public Domain, via Facebook
13. Public Domain, via Wikimedia Commons
14. Senator Josh Hawley, via Flickr. Edits are self-made.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #410 on: January 25, 2023, 01:21:21 PM »

Nevada Bound

Over the next phase of the campaign, post-New Hampshire, Roger Stone was in a delicate spot. On the one hand, he invested great resources into the first-in-the-nation primary that he ended up coming third in. However, he was still vindicated by having come in first among the Trumpist lane, and especially with fierce competition from Josh Hawley (whom he would increasingly resent for his "vanity run" in the Granite State). He successfully built a strong campaign network in New Hampshire that activated scores of voters. Stone also took many wise lessons from his Granite State strategy that would be applied to future primaries.

On the top of the list now? Nevada, the Silver State.

The strategy for Nevada would be to dive headfirst, consuming the vast majority of the campaign's time and resources between now and the primary. Stone would run a methodical, localized campaign centered around the economic and security needs of Nevadans. He would stand tall as the credible voice on protecting and growing their industries: tourism, gambling, mining, and much more. Perhaps most importantly, Stone possessed the flair of showbiz to be a worthy ambassador for the state.

Unbeknownst to the other candidates, Stone and his team have been diligently working away at securing key endorsements across Nevada that will bolster his base and also expand his coalition. Among the greatest gamechanging endorsements on the political side is the dual support of Carolyn and Oscar Goodman: wife and husband, current and former Mayor of Las Vegas. Their support is thought to especially help with more moderate and suburban voters across the Vegas area, not to mention make great inroads within the Vegas machine itself. At a press conference announcing the endorsements, paired alongside police and Jewish representatives actively courted by the campaign here, the candidate welcomed the Goodmans to the Stone Zone:

STONE: Ladies and gentlemen, I'm beyond honored to be endorsed by the last two mayors of this fine city of Las Vegas! Oscar and Carolyn are true independent spirits who know this city, love this city, and have worked every day for it. I'll turn it to the good mayors now.

GOODMAN (OSCAR): Thank you so much, Roger. Mayor Goodman and I looked at this race, on both sides, and saw only one clear path for our city and our country. Roger alluded to the fact that we are political independents. We aren't bound to either party will, and thank God for that! *laughter* Let that be a testament to how seriously we take this process and just how strongly we believe in Roger Stone to turn America around. He's got a real sense of how to help businesses, grow our industries, boost our workers. He's stood firm against the cynics and control freaks who have no clue—no clue!—how to really be a leader in these modern times. We both encourage our many friends in the Republican Party here to go out and vote for Mr. Stone. How about some of my lovely wife, huh?

GOODMAN (CAROLYN): Thank you, Oscar, and thank you to everyone here with us today. No one else could even come close to truly representing Vegas like Roger Stone. He's always stood up for the lifeblood of this city: our people. Whether it's for protecting our rights or revitalizing our industries, Mr. Stone is a trusted leader on the greatest issues affecting us all. Nevada will have a clear choice to make in the next few weeks. The other candidates may parachute in, but they have no claim to earnestly represent this great state. I think we can all agree that Roger is one of a kind. *laughter* He will make us proud, that I can tell you.

Very quickly, Stone also gathered the endorsements of Republicans on the Las Vegas City Council including former Mayor pro tempore/statewide candidate Michele Fiore and Victoria Seaman. This in turn would capture much of the conservative mechanisms within city government around Stone, offering all the perks of access and support for him by these local powerbrokers and shutting out the competition from catching up. Additionally, Stone has long built a worthy operation in the Western and Southern parts of the state. Washoe County and surrounding areas, which include the second largest city of Reno, has had a flurry of investment over months with the support of influential conservatives Sharron Angle and Danny Tarkanian. They are thought to be in the lead within the region by a good measure with preemptive outreach, and only more work will be done to expand margins there.

Making a Stand

As for Southern Nevada, west of Vegas is notorious for being libertarian land. Anything goes here. Anything except, of course, the notorious Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository. Stone made a much celebrated stop in Pahrump, largest city in Nye County, where he came out ahead the rest of the field in vocal opposition to the waste site:

No way, no how, can we allow this federal government to stomp in here and poison the people of Nevada with this waste. Biden claims he won't try. Yeah, right. These people have been trying for years! We luckily managed to get a break when President Trump came into office, and I pledge to you that President Stone will put a stop to the Yucca project once and for all. *cheers* My opponents have never bothered to speak up on this. It takes courage to go against the behemoth of the state, and I will always stand with you on this struggle.

Another area where Stone would rapidly define himself and the race is with his spirited defense and support of the state's mining industry. Mining in Nevada is mainly comprised of gold and silver, making up the majority of America's output in their state alone. The Stone campaign believes great inroads can be made in Northern Nevada (home of most mining activities) by proudly championing their economic livelihoods. In Elko, a major "Miner's Rally" was held to pay respects and also curry favor with business leaders and workers alike:

You work hard. You put your health and safety on the line. Above all, you do a tremendous service for your state and for our country. We all owe a debt of gratitude to the miners here today. *applause* As your President, I will be your champion. My administration will double funding for the mining sector and invest in the latest technologies, explore new resources, and improve safety and efficiency standards across the board.

We face many threats. The radical socialists and environmentalists want to totally shut you down. They want to strip away your jobs, your dignity, and leave your towns to rot just like in the Rust Belt. Can I get a "hell no!" on that? *crowd chants *hell no!"* When I come to places like these, you know what I see? A lovely bunch of proud, upstanding Americans who aren't gonna be messed with!

I stand with the miners! I stand with the working men and women of America! Elko, we're gonna have to storm the polls in a matter of days and show them who's boss around here!

The wide swatch of cattle ranchers have also seen a flurry of activity coming from Stone and surrogates. Stone visited with some of the largest ranches in the North and West, persuading them as being the candidate of rural America (based on New Hampshire results) who would protect their way of life. Surrogates like Angle, Tarkanian, and even Kristi Noem and Joe Arpaio are thought to hold sway with these figures and have been deployed across rancher networks over these weeks.

Fear and Loathing

The most important focus to nail down support, however, is Vegas and Clark County. Around three-quarters of the vote will come from there, and Stone is quickly looking to dislodge DeSantis from the top with his apathetic campaigning and consecutive losses. Stone is naturally firing from all cylinders with the support of his team. At a major rally in Vegas centered around rebuilding Nevada's economy, Stone touted his credentials against lockdowns and savaged DeSantis for not being authentic about his own record:

The way that Vegas, that Reno, and other hubs of this state were shut down and locked down was an absolute travesty! It crippled your hotels, your casinos, your shows, your restaurants. Everything connects together. Working people suffered at the end of the day. Even today, many parts of the country still suffer from insane mandates forced by control freak cabals.

DeSantis talks a good game on this stuff, I must admit. He's good at talking. We've got some other folks like that, too. Hawley comes to mind. *laughter* What DeSantis will never admit to you, though, is how he waged all the same frivolous and destructive lockdowns that the rest of them did. I should know, I live in Florida. He's a follower, not a leader, and he's a lying one at that. *laughter* My home of Fort Lauderdale, you've got Broward General Hospital to this day threatening termination of employees who are unvaccinated but choose not to wear a mask for health reasons. DeSantis has done absolutely nothing about cases like that.

Under President Stone, you will never again be subject to the crippling grip of lockdowns and mandates. When they take away your economy, they take away your freedoms with it. My mantra is freedom! We've got to do everything possible to make cities like Vegas absolutely booming again. That starts with empowering free enterprise and free will to do what they do best! I will always be there for you, Nevada, as we pick up the pieces from our lost years and get us booming again!

Continuing to build on prior momentum, Stone is accelerating outreach to Latino communities by barnstorming many Latino-dominated areas of Vegas and Reno and also carefully targeting conservative pockets that are likelier to vote in the Republican primary. Victoria Seaman, an influential Latina Republican hailing from Vegas, is now chairing these efforts and has been barnstorming areas as well. More than ever, Nydia Stone is a prominent feature on the trail as she vividly defends her husband and projects an image of strength and fortitude against everything he's been up against:

I see many in the media and many opponents of Roger try to defame him and trash this movement. They say he doesn't have what it takes to be President, or he can't win. Let me tell you: Roger has survived years of beatings from the establishment, and he's always come out on top. Roger has gone up against the rogue Deep State, trying to imprison him for life on bogus charges, and he came out stronger and with more faith than ever. Now, let me ask: Do you think any of these other candidates have nearly the fortitude that he does to take on the Democrats and take back the White House? Absolutely not. With all of you together, we will take this country back in our hands!

There is also another ethnic group that the campaign is highly cultivating: the Jewish community, the largest by far of any primary state so far. Stone believes there is ample ground to gain their confidence (and that of Evangelicals and defense hawks across the GOP), despite his more dovish positions, by being vocal on the matter of Israel and also defending their customs free from governmental obstruction. To this effect, Stone has frequently canvassed the Orthodox Jewish pockets before anyone else across Clark and Washoe County, knowing that they often vote in blocs. Stone also delivered a headliner speech in mid-February at the state chapter of the Republican Jewish Coalition, where he would passionately speak on Israel:

I've been a trusted confidant of the two strongest pro-Israel presidents that America has had, Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump. They have shown the way of peace through strength, cherishing our true partnerships along the way. Visiting Israel myself, I've always been awed by the persistence and beauty of the Jewish people. Israel is and has always been our greatest ally in the Middle East. That relationship will only grow stronger under a Stone administration.

What have we seen under the watch of Joe and Kamala? They've only antagonized Israel, propped up by antisemites and America haters like Ilhan Omar and the BDS movement. Such a sad, dramatic swing from the Trump years. President Trump actually broke new ground, delivering on his promises to advance peace in the Middle East through landmark treaties while never sacrificing his principles on Israel's sovereignty. That is exactly the approach I'll take as President, and I'll work hand-in-hand with Prime Minister Netanyahu to continue working for real peace in the region.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #411 on: January 25, 2023, 04:29:58 PM »

TV/Radio Ad: Nydia

When Roger and I first met, I was immediately blown away. Never have I met a more passionate, dedicated man. And he's got the sharpest of wits! *laughs*

Roger has devoted his life to serving this country and making our lives better. He's served under multiple Presidents and has fought in the political trenches for countless causes.

Roger fights for our families to live, work, and pray with dignity. He believes in the power of each of us to lift up our communities and make a change. One person can make all the difference in this world. Roger lives by that every day.

He will be a President for us: for the working men and men, no matter what your story is. We've been blessed to raise beautiful children and grandchildren together. Our story is the American Dream, and he will fight the same for you.

I'm Nydia Stone, proud wife of Roger Stone, and I ask you to join us in this movement.

I'm Roger Stone and I approve this message.

This ad will currently air in Nevada, California, and Colorado. The greatest investment at this time shall be in Nevada, and the ad will have both English and Spanish narrations by Nydia Stone to air in different markets. This ad serves two main purposes: 1) soften and humanize the image of Stone through his wife, making a play at persuadable moderate and suburban voters; and 2) further capturing the growing Latino vote within the Republican Party that could decide the fate of multiple primaries. This ad will be in heavy rotation along with the other existing Stone ads in Nevada.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #412 on: January 25, 2023, 06:48:01 PM »

WOOD STATEMENT ON THREATS FROM SEN. HAWLEY

This morning, at his home in Charleston, South Carolina, Lin Wood called a press conference. The press conference, where Wood did not take any questions from the 3 reporters that showed up, focused on accusations that Josh Hawley is making threats to Wood privately.

Thank you all for being here. 'Tis I, Linnethia Monique Leaks Wood the Third. After my landslide victory in New Hampshire, I received an envelope from an aide. I've been told this aide also suffers from HIV and AIDS so he's been fired and given zero severance. I was told the envelope came straight from Senator Josh Hawley. I had another aide, one that didn't have AIDS but did have a small case of smallpox, opens the envelope to check for anthrax. We found a small white powder which is being studied by the FBI as we speak. And by FBI I mean the female body inspector. Further down in the orange envelope, I found a very disturbing message. There was a message written in blood saying "DIE LIN DIE." When I wrote back to Senator Hawley asking why he sent this threatening letter, he claims he was speaking in German, translating to "THE LIN THE." I thought the frightening messages were complete, but it was just the beginning.

Now, every week, I keep getting envelopes with similar threatening messages. Today's message was cut out of magazine letters. It said "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU AND THEN I AM GOING TO PUT SOME MO' IN YOUR SAMOAN WIFE!" What kind of maniacal, crazy person would send these kinds of messages? But it makes sense. Josh Hawley wants to fundamentally transform America, I am the only one standing in his way. If he knocks me down, he knocks down the American people. Therefore, I am now calling on Senator Hawley to drop out and resign. (Lin begins pounding his fists like an early 20th century dictator) HAVE YOU NO SHAME, SIR?

A photo of a yard sign Lin Wood holds up at the end of the press conference. Image from Wikimedia Commons
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #413 on: January 25, 2023, 07:13:23 PM »

February 2024

Disappointed by the Nevada result but undeterred and looking forward to a favourable state like Georgia, Mayor Adams has kept going with determination.

In the meantime he has paid a programmed visit to West Virginia State University, one of the two HBCUs in the state, where he's given a speech about racial inequality and solidarity. Themes he would keep emphasizing while in Savannah with its mayor Van Johnson and later in Atlanta with his surrogate U.S. Representative David Scott, a moderate who broke with much of the establishment in endorsing Adams. The mayor has mostly tried to stay away from the controversy surrounding his main rivals in the state - Gore and Harris - but his preference is an open secret, since he believes a Harris loss that ends her momentum and frontrunner status thus scrambling the primary would be greatly beneficial to his chances. He did however remark that "you can trust someone who has tackled racism in the policing and justice system from the inside, instead of simply perpetuating it and shrugging off misconduct".
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #414 on: January 25, 2023, 11:56:22 PM »

Kamala: For the People
Ad #3: An America We Deserve. Aired in GA, MI, CA, TX, NC, CO, VA. Television and Radio

VOICEOVER: Kamala Harris

"People often ask me, 'Why are you so optimistic about America's future?'.."

"When I travel the country and I hear these stories, and no matter how many times they are knocked down. The American people always get back up"

"We even see it in our younger generation, they have a fighting spirit to speak out against injustices.

"The American people deserve a country where they don't have to worry about rising medical costs.."

"The ability to send their children to a top quality and affordable school"

"And where they can go to work and receive a living and stable wage"

"I'm running for President for all of these reasons, and as President I will do everything I can to get it done. I'm Kamala Harris and I approve this message, For the People."

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #415 on: January 26, 2023, 01:35:03 AM »

The Big Victory in New Hampshire

After several straight weeks of hitting the trail hard in New Hampshire, the fruits of Senator Merkley's labor would finally be revealed. Going into the night, most in his campaign felt confident they could pull out a victory. At the risk of sounding over-optimistic, their internal numbers painted a very rosy picture of the campaign's recent success. Of course the fact that they were even talking about a win in a early primary state was staggering when considering the state the Senator's campaign was in when he had announced his campaign, exactly one year prior.

If he were to win, he would owe it all to Bernie and Liz. His campaign felt that they had timed the announcement of their endorsements perfectly, as all the national media coverage of the race for the last two days had centered around their progressive unity rally, with nary a mention of Vice President Harris's relatively underwhelming South Carolina win in the headlines. While the Senator couldn't hope to receive the support of 100% of Sanders and Warren 2020 supporters, the fact of the matter was that he had been endorsed by two candidates who had received a combined 35% in the Granite State four years ago.

As the results aired at his campaign HQ, a range of emotions were palpable. From excitement at the early results, to nail-biting anxiety over the unexpected surge from Vice President Gore, to restlessness at the continued inability of the media to call the race, it was a real rollercoaster for the crowd. But, when the call was made, the room erupted. Senator Merkley himself found the moment almost surreal from his private watch room. He however quickly broke out of it and decided to take the stage soon after, allowing time to answer calls from his fellow candidates looking to concede, along with his wife and Bernie to take advantage of the moment and the energy the crowd was bringing. As he took the stage to a play-on by The Strokes, he enthusiastically embraced his wife and gave Bernie a fist bump before being handed the microphone by Julian Casablancas.

Thank you New Hampshire!

First of all I want to thank all my fellow competitors for their calls. They've all conceded gracefully and I congratulate them and their volunteers on running a competitive campaign here in this state. New Hampshire, you've done it again! With one election cycle after the other your state has shown to the Democratic Party what we need to do for this country. You know we need to dream forward and think big when it comes to policy solutions for America today. You know we can't stand down in the face of taking on Wall Street, Big Pharma or fossil fuel lobbyists. You know we need to take radical action to undo the legacy of so-called trickle-down economics. And you've made your voice heard and shown this to nation right here with this victory tonight.

For a second, let's just think about where this campaign began. When I announced my campaign one year ago today, we were polling at one percent on average nationally. We had very little hope of becoming a top-tier contender. I got out there and said what I believed because I thought the voters of the Democratic Party deserved a real progressive choice in this election. And just by doing that, by making the choice to be genuine, to be bold, to dream forward, we've been able to pull together a coalition of people from all over the country, looking for real change. This victory tonight isn't about me, it's all about all of you.

I also of course want to thank my good friend Senator Bernie Sanders. Without Bernie, none of this would be possible. Not just the victory tonight, but the movement we've built to provide healthcare to all, to save our environment, to restore the American dream, it's all of because of you, my friend. And this movement, this movement, this is the movement that's going to carry this campaign to the Democratic nomination and it's the campaign that's going to smash the Republicans in November. crowd cheers. So onto Georgia! and Michigan! and Super Tuesday! Let's do this! Thank you, thank you, thank you New Hampshire!

Moving Forward:

After the victory in New Hampshire, the campaign knew they had to keep up the momentum in some way. While the outright victory in the state was astounding, it somewhat masked the state of the delegate race. Jeff was still behind every serious candidate in the race and he needed to keep up the image of looking like a viable option if he was going to keep up the momentum as a viable contender for the nomination. Also, he was unsure about risking his friend Senator Sanders health more than he had to and decided with Bernie that they would follow his doctor's advice on how frequently it was safe for him to appear on the trail.

As for the upcoming primary in Georgia, the Senator decided to stay above the fray of the Gore-Kamala feud brewing on the trail there. While he no longer had any interest in playing second fiddle to another candidate and propping them up after Governor Newsom's snubbing of his campaign, he also recognized there was nothing to be gained by making a large push into Georgia and potentially not receiving any delegates anyway, at the expense of giving Vice President Harris a performance strong enough to rebound her back into clear frontrunner status.

Instead, Senator Merkley would have prominent Sanders 2020 backer, Atlanta rapper and staunch progressive Killer Mike record a 30 second YouTube ad targeted toward the city encouraging donations and votes for Senator Merkley. While the Senator had invested very little in campaign infrastructure in the state, the hope was that he could have a respectable enough performance to not have any negative ramifications for his performance in Michigan.

Speaking of Michigan, the night after his win in New Hampshire he would immediately make the flight to the state. The state was priority number one for the next two weeks and he would make this clear to his entire campaign team. He hit the trail hard, hoping to get a head start on other candidates more focused on their efforts in Georgia. His strategy was to make a concerted appeal to the kinds of voters who propelled Bernie to victory in the state in 2020.

To do this, he would barnstorm several post-industrial areas and begin emphasizing his record more heavily on trade, particularly how he voted against Trump's USMCA because of the lack of strong labor or environmental protections and its only minor changes to the devastating effects of NAFTA. He would contrast this with Vice President Gore's championing of the agreement, in an attempt to win over older progressives, potentially more drawn to the former Vice President.

He also would make sure to hit Detroit, focusing on emphasizing his federal housing plan as well as his progressive record more generally. He also had secured two key surrogates from the city, 2018 Gubernatorial candidate Abdul El-Sayed and Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib. Appearing with the two would help strengthen his progressive bonafides in the state, especially as Governor Whitmer seemed to have secured almost all of the state party establishment. El-Sayed in particular would hit on many of the issues he criticized Whitmer for in the 2018 primary, including her friendliness with healthcare executives and her willingness to accept dark money.

In the final days before heading down to Georgia to be able to speak with supporters on election night, the Senator would travel to Flint to announce a special endorsement...

oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #416 on: January 26, 2023, 09:04:28 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2023, 10:51:29 AM by oldkyhome »

Public Domain, via Facebook

The Road to South Carolina (1/2)

February 7th: The morning after the New Hampshire Primary, Sen. Hawley woke early to meet with staff and volunteers, where he expressed his gratitude to them for 'the heart, soul, and energy you all poured into this movement.' He emphasized that last night's performance 'would be inconceivable' without their work, and said he'd be ‘onto South Carolina to beat DeSantis again’ but promised he would be back to beat the Vice President. Before he left though, Hawley sat down with FOX's Chris Wallace for a one-on-one interview, where he talked up last night's results and answered questions ranging from immigration to Ukraine to infrastructure. Of note, when asked how he would unify the country if elected President, he stressed the need to 'bring everyone to the table and leave nobody behind' elaborating that 'this is what is wrong with Washington today.'

The day ended with Hawley flying out to his South Carolina HQ, where he met with his local leadership team to briefly discuss the next stretch of the campaign before settling down in a hotel surrounding the Greenville suburbs.

February 8th: Senator Hawley opened his South Carolina stump with a fiery rally hosted in downtown Florence, where he torched the Democrats for 'fielding the weakest candidates in American history... I mean, really, this is a contest between the guy who claimed he created the internet and the most unpopular Vice President in American history?' Hawley admitted he wasn't really sure who was going to 'emerge from this catfight,' but accused the DNC of 'working around the clock' to 'anoint their pre-chosen nominee in Kamala Harris,' before declaring to the crowd in characteristically brash fashion 'put me one-on-one with her and, trust me, we will win this November.'

As the sun set, Hawley held a round-table discussion with prominent South Carolina church leaders, where they discussed the role abortion would have in the 2024 election and the need for the GOP nominee to lead 'with moral forthrightness.' He emphasized that evangelicals would play a massive role in the South Carolina primary and urged them to choose carefully and nominate a leader with enough fortitude to stand strong on Christian values and principles both during the election and in the White House.

February 9th: The day begins early, with Hawley making several appearances on local drive-time evangelical radio programs. Here, he made the case that he was the best candidate to lead the religious conservative movement, answering questions ranging from his personal faith to his upbringing in the church and much more. He touted his status as the 'only candidate in the race' who's served as an attorney for a major religious liberty lawsuit, the infamous Hobby Lobby, and pitched to voters that 'I know what it's like to fight for our most precious values, and I will do the same as President.' The highlight of the day was a print interview delivered to the South Carolina Advocate, where he argued the party needed someone 'who will lead on our collective cause' blasting DeSantis as someone 'who can't be trusted to fight for that', bringing up his several flip-flops on abortion, 'first he was for a heartbeat bill, then he was for a 20-week ban, now he's for a 10-week ban', and contrasting it with his consistently pro-life record.

Afterward, Hawley held a meeting with a group of local ministers and church leaders that had already endorsed him, where they discussed the importance of getting out the vote and planned out mass registration drives and GOTV efforts for the lead-up to the South Carolina primary. In order to win and win big, they'd need all hands on deck.

February 10th: Senator Hawley stopped by his campaign HQ in Charleston, where he joined canvassing efforts with volunteers before attending a special phone-bank session targeting supporters of Kari Lake and Roger Stone. The campaign highlighted Hawley as 'the only candidate who's proven he can beat Ron DeSantis' and urged them to 'back Hawley, a true-blooded patriot with a record of standing with the MAGA movement' in order to beat Gov. DeSantis in South Carolina. In the afternoon, Hawley held a meet-and-greet event with active and retired police officers, where he highlighted the endorsements he's gathered of police organizations across the country and painted himself as the 'law-and-order' candidate. Thereafter, he held a press conference in a Greenville suburb flanked by law enforcement where he reiterated his plan to hire 100,000 new police officers and make historic investments in raising police pay.

February 11th: Landing in Columbia, Senator Hawley arrived to hold a high-profile meeting with South Carolina AARP Leadership. Reporters remarked the discussion was upbeat and cheery, with Hawley assuring the senior leadership team that he would be a candidate who would 'stand firm against calls to cut benefits to Social Security and Medicare... just as I have in the U.S Senate.' Once the meeting concluded, Hawley hit the trail hard, holding 4 separate town hall meetings in and around South Carolina suburbs. He was joined by Erin as part of a continued bid to woo suburban evangelicals, and focused primarily on crime and law enforcement. He highlighted his career in law and labeled himself as the 'law-and-order candidate', the only one 'with the plan' to take down 'zealous Democrats who have betrayed our nation's law enforcement.' He urged attendees to get out and vote on the 20th to 'put a fighter' on the Republican ticket.

February 12th: In a campaign appearance in Mount Pleasant with Dr. James Dobson and other evangelical leaders, Senator Hawley unveiled his plan to create a Parents' Bill of Rights, in order to 'enshrine the rights of fathers and mothers to direct their children's education into law.' Dobson described it as the 'most comprehensive proposal put forward to end Critical Race Theory' and lauded Hawley as 'a once-in-a-lifetime candidate for religious conservatives.' From there, Hawley again hit the trail across South Carolina suburbs in town hall after town hall, this time discussing his new proposal and CRT at large. He attempted to connect this issue with broader campaign themes: "This movement is about giving you the power, to direct your own life and live your own values. We need a President who understands that, for too long, government has been in the business of telling people what to do. The buck stops with me."

February 13th: With only one full week left to go before election day, Senator Hawley took to hold another large rally right in the middle of South Carolina's largest city, Charleston. Here, he eviscerated DeSantis for 'hardly even trying' to win the votes of South Carolinians, urging voters to 'not reward his negligence' by delivering yet another upset in the first-in-the-south primary. He also tapped into anger over the continued prosecution of former President Trump, asking the crowd if they really believed Gov. DeSantis would 'stand up' to this 'shameless injustice', which elicited a lot of loud NOs. After the event, Hawley opted to review over the state of the campaign's GOTV effort, asking volunteer pastors if they believed evangelicals would show up in large enough numbers to put the campaign over the top. The response was mixed, but unquestionably they were now in striking distance.

Finishing off the day, Hawley appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight to discuss his Parents' Bill of Rights proposal. When asked whether he thought he could cap off another upset in the South Carolina primary, Hawley responded, "We'll have to wait and see, Tucker, but on the ground, there's a lot of talk. A lot of momentum. And I don't think people are seeing Governor DeSantis as a viable option anymore."
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #417 on: January 26, 2023, 09:19:58 AM »

The Gillibrand campaign will re-air this ad on social media and TV in the states of MI, MA, ME, CO, and VA

Gillibrand Ad: Fighting for You
Aired in IA, NH, MA, NY
All images accessed via Imgur

I want to get money out of politics. There's a lot of political corruption and we know that anything we want to accomplish there's always something or someone standing in the way. The corrupt special interests, the greed, the lies.

As soon as you get money out of politics, it changes everything.

I will codify Roe, repeal the Hyde Amendment.

Only appointed judges and justices that believe Roe v. Wade is settled precedent.

I will not only re-engage on the global climate accords, but I will lead the nationwide and global conversation.

When John F. Kennedy said, I want to put a man on the moon, he did not know he could get a man on the moon, in ten years. But he knew it would be a measure of our innovation, our competitiveness.

I will start a green energy race with China. You make it a measure of our success.

I would have a community-based asylum process. We have real immigration judges so that we can have a comprehensive and thoughtful system.

The Family Bill of Rights: The right to a healthy and safe pregnancy. National paid leave, a safe and affordable nursery, give birth or adopt a child. Affordable day care and universal pre-k.

I will make sure if you would like a third gender on any federal license that you may put an X. Guarantee your right to adopt a child. Guarantee your right to IVF treatments. Guarantee your transgender treatments.

Guarantee Medicare for All. Guarantee a single-payer system. I know how to get it done.

Nothing was done after Sandy Hook, after Charleston, after Las Vegas. I will make sure we have universal background checks, ban the large magazines, the assault rifles, the military-style weapons.

I would legalize marijuana, de-criminalize marijuana, and I would de-schedule marijuana.

If you really want to get something done, just tell me it's impossible and I'll get it done.

Kuumo

P P
« Reply #418 on: January 26, 2023, 10:45:48 AM »

The Road Back to Michigan

Thank you. I just got off the phone with Senator Merkley. Even though we didn’t get the result we hoped for tonight, it’s far from over. We’re overperforming in Nevada, and Michigan is just around the corner. We couldn’t have gotten this far without the support of people like you. Let’s do this.
--Gretchen Whitmer, Manchester, NH, February 6th, 2024

Although Whitmer had come up short in New Hampshire, the campaign saw her third-place position in the delegate count and continued strong polling lead in Michigan as reasons to stay in the race. The Georgia primary was not seen as a worthwhile investment as polling showed Whitmer below delegate viability and only Vice President Harris and former Vice President Gore with a chance of winning.

After a brief campaign stop in Maine following the New Hampshire primary, Whitmer focused on maximizing her margin of victory in Michigan. Due to her recent gubernatorial re-election campaign and strong connections in her home state, the campaign refrained from major ad buys, instead focusing on ground game in the state and reserving ad slots in the Super Tuesday states of Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Iowa. The Whitmer campaign aimed to maximize rural turnout and stem bleeding of progressives and black voters to Senator Merkley and Vice President Harris. Arabic-language ads on social media were also released to reach the Arab American community in Dearborn. Whitmer embarked on a quick tour of the state stopping in Marquette, Traverse City, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Saginaw, and Flint and ending in the Detroit metro. At one of her campaign events in Detroit, she appeared with local rapper Gmac Cash, of “Big Gretch” fame, to boost her appeal among his many fans in the area.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #419 on: January 26, 2023, 03:55:37 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2023, 03:59:19 PM by oldkyhome »

Self-made campaign material

Ad #11: D.C DeSantis.

Senator Josh Hawley, via Flickr.
VO:"I'm Josh Hawley, and I approve this message."

Ron DeSantis by Matt Johnson, via Wikimedia Commons.
"We all know the Florida DeSantis,"

Ron DeSantis by Gage Skidmore, via Wikimedia Commons.
"But what about the D.C DeSantis?"

Ron DeSantis, via Wikimedia Commons.
"D.C DeSantis voted for trade deals that outsourced millions of good jobs, and supported legislation that would slash Social Security by hundreds of billions."

Ron DeSantis by Matt Johnson, via Wikimedia Commons.
"It's no wonder he's flipped and flopped on abortion too."

Ron DeSantis, via Wikimedia Commons.
"If this is what he does when he gets to Washington, why would we ever send him there again?"

Ron DeSantis, via Wikimedia Commons
"D.C DeSantis: Leading from behind, just more of the same."

Notes: All edits are self-made. This ad is aired in South Carolina, Nevada, North Carolina, and Tennessee. It's Team Hawley's first attack ad dedicated specifically at DeSantis, who has fallen out of favor after losing two consecutive primaries. It targets the lesser-known part of his career in Washington, where he voted at odds with the MAGA agenda on trade, abortion, and Social Security, to drive home the message that he is merely a follower and not a leader.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #420 on: January 26, 2023, 05:47:53 PM »

South Carolina and More

The upcoming South Carolina primary has never been a priority for Stone. During the lead-up, the candidate only made one short visit through northwest territory like Spartansburg and Greenville (areas where Ron Paul exceeded his statewide average). Most of the campaign's investment was done by surrogates, trying to peel off as much of the DeSantis vote as possible through the consistent America First critiques waged by the candidate (and now picked up by others). When asked what he hopes and expects to see on primary night, Stone mentioned "DeSantis will crumble" and also raised the following: "My dear friend Kari has been fighting the good fight there. She might surprise you folks tonight."

Although Nevada has certainly been the greatest focus by far, Stone has also wisely budgeted some time to prep for Super Tuesday. After departing South Carolina, Stone stopped in Arkansas to make a publicized appearance in Little Rock and later talk with top officials from the state GOP for their support. His pitch to them was to the point and very personal to Arkansas: nobody else in the race has done more to raise awareness and wage war on their shared nemeses for over 30 years, Bill and Hillary Clinton. Nevada fortunately shares its border with California, and Stone was able to quickly hop over to stage a large rally in San Francisco against Big Tech, as well as make a few additional campaign stops in the Bay Area, before crossing back to Nevada for further barnstorming by the evening.

Another major development for the campaign in Nevada is the endorsement from State Senator Ira Hansen, whose district covers land from the Reno suburbs in Washoe County to the sparse towns of Nye County (conveniently, just the area that Stone has long been investing in). His network of local support and connections in the Legislature will be a tremendous asset as the Stone campaign continues to build upon their base. As a member of the LDS Church, Hansen has also been appointed to chair outreach towards the Mormon community prevalent in Eastern Nevada. Stone does not necessarily expect to win Mormons, but believes early and persistent efforts can bring great dividends to consolidate the "Mike Lee Mormons" more favorable to Trump.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #421 on: January 26, 2023, 06:28:33 PM »

GLENN YOUNGKIN 2024: AMERICA, RENEWED

Victory

Concord, New Hampshire

Quote from: excerpt from Youngkin victory speech
Thank you! Thank you! Wow!

We have done it, New Hampshire! We've achieved what the media and the pundits wrote off as impossible, and we've showed them the strength of our message and the tenacity of our campaign.

I'd like to take this chance to thank our amazing team here in the Granite State. From our dedicated campaign staff to earnest volunteers and generous donors, this victory would not have be possible with
their support. Over the past few months, we've been up and down New Hampshire together, from Franconia Notch to the beaches of Hampton, and our work has finally paid off. I'm honored and humbled to captain this incredible campaign.

I just took calls from Josh Hawley and Roger Stone, who have graciously offered congratulations to our campaign. While we don't agree on every issue, I'd like to thank them for running passionate campaigns and offering unique ideas for our Grand Old Party.

Look, folks, this is only the beginning. Soaring inflation, rising crime, and an unprecedented cost-of-living crisis have beaten us down. But tonight's result proves that when we compete everywhere, when we listen to folks from all walks of life and unite behind conservative, American ideals, we win - and together, we are going to take back the White House from the failing Democrat administration and renew America!

Following his stunning upset victory in New Hampshire, the Governor briefly mulls making a play for South Carolina. However, the lack of campaign infrastructure there and the winner-take-all nature of the primary ultimately dissuade him for doing so - given the deficit between him and the frontrunners in the Palmetto State, any investment there would likely be wasted. Thus, to keep up the momentum for Super Tuesday, Youngkin will immediately head to the Silver State alongside his New Hampshire campaign team, continuing to build his support in the suburbs of Las Vegas, Reno, and Carson City. Youngkin, like in New Hampshire, will stay on message, and will play off his vastly improved poll numbers to demonstrate that the movement to renew America has all the momentum. Just a day after New Hampshire, Youngkin and his team will fly into Reno, canvassing the northern Nevada city by bus, before heading to Carson City to rally supporters and meet donors, including potential endorsees such as fellow Governor Joe Lombardo. As results from South Carolina begin trickling in, Youngkin will remain focused on Nevada, with his bus tour reaching Las Vegas. Youngkin will open the final push in the Silver State by holding two major events - an Asian outreach event in Paradise alongside the California House delegation and local Asian-American GOP leaders, followed by a visit to the Las Vegas Temple alongside Utah Governor Spencer Cox - hoping to gain the support of two powerful voting blocks in the upcoming caucus.

oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #422 on: January 26, 2023, 07:09:15 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2023, 08:19:48 PM by oldkyhome »

Public Domain, via Facebook

The Road to South Carolina (2/2)

February 14th: Senator Hawley started the day by holding a meet-and-greet event with South Carolina's pro-life activists, where he criticized most other GOP candidates for staying silent on abortion and expressed his commitment to defending the sanctity of life. Afterward, he held a press conference with the leadership of the South Carolina Right-to-Life, where they announced their endorsement for Senator Hawley, urging pro-life voters to nominate him in the upcoming contest. Hawley stated he was 'incredibly honored' by the endorsement and the resounding support his campaign has received from Right-to-Life chapters across the country.

Later, Hawley held a town hall meeting in Chesterfield, SC, where he discussed with small town residents his plan to bring more jobs and growth to Rural America by investing in 'real infrastructure right here in South Carolina' (as opposed to the Biden infrastructure bill) highlighting the need for focus on 'roads, bridges, dams, water pipes.'

February 15th: Hawley traveled to the Lowcountry to visit one of his field offices and join a phone-banking session targeted at suburban evangelicals. While there, he thanked his volunteers for 'being the beating heart' of the campaign before jumping back on the trail, hosting 4 town hall events in suburban and rural communities. Hawley primarily centered the discussion on tax relief, and touted his Parent Tax Credit plan, saying he was the only candidate in the race with a plan to deliver 'one of the largest tax cuts for working families in decades.' He outlined his plan to pay for it as a mix between 'cutting back on all the wasteful spending this administration has incurred' and 'gutting the special deals Washington gives to special interests and woke corporations.' Of note, he received applause when he promised to revoke all of Disney's 'D.C handouts.'

February 16th: Senator Hawley was privileged to receive the endorsement of Marco Rubio, the Senior Senator from DeSantis's home state. At a rally in Clemson, Rubio lauded Hawley as 'the principled fighter who can beat Kamala Harris', touting his record as a 'fearless leader' who could 'bring an end to 4 years of disastrous policy.' The announcement would quickly gain attention from the sheer embarrassment it meant for DeSantis's campaign, who has, for a long time, staved off defectors from his home state. Hawley remarked that Rubio's endorsement was a testament to his campaign having 'broad, nationwide appeal' and called on the crowd to 'deliver the deathblow to DeSantis this Tuesday.' He spent the rest of the day canvassing and door-knocking with volunteers, driving up rank-and-file enthusiasm in preparation for the primary.

February 17-18th: As Election Day rapidly approached, the Hawley campaign kicked into gear the grassroots evangelical network they had been counting on for the past 2 weeks. With a machine that resembled 'Souls to the Polls', pastors across the Palmetto State began hosting voter registration drives in churches, cathedrals, and other buildings to mobilize their constituents for the primary. Although the operation was facially non-partisan (thus tax-exempt organizations could participate), the people that were sought after were overwhelmingly likely to back Hawley, especially in light of the fact that their pastor did too. Senator Hawley himself was stumping relentlessly across South Carolina, often joined by Erin or one of his prominent endorsees, imploring people to 'get involved and take action' on the 20th.

February 19th: The last full day of campaigning started with an early morning visit to a Veteran hall, where Hawley held a town hall to express his commitment to 'defending our military and giving it the boost it needs' while also 'cleaning house in the VA' to get 'proper care and services for those who've carried out the ultimate service.' Afterward, Hawley held his final pre-election rally in the largest arena his campaign could find, hoping to attract a large audience and drive home the message that he had the momentum here. To that end, his local pastor network worked relentlessly to bring people to the event. Here, Hawley called on his supporters to 'bring the establishment to its knees' and send a loud and clear message that 'it's time for America to fight back.' He insisted that 'tomorrow, the Palmetto State will prove that Iowa was not just a one-off' by 'flooding the polls and taking this movement nationwide.'

As the campaign was preparing its GOTV operations, Hawley held a conference call with his statewide leadership team, reviewing over the data, making sure every number lined up. To pull another upset off, everything had to be perfect. The stars had to align. They were determined to make that happen—and of course, ward off any undue interference. As the sun began to set, Hawley met with his campaign workers in his Greenville HQ to give them an election-eve pep talk, emphasizing just how consequential tomorrow would be: 'It all rests on South Carolina. Let's make it happen'

February 20th: Senator Hawley spent election day with Erin, visiting various diners and breakfasts across the Palmetto State, before driving to Mount Pleasant to visit with campaign leaders and take part in GOTV operations. As polls began to close, Team Hawley sent out a massive text-and-email message reminding voters to stay in line if they hadn't voted yet. Josh and Erin then drove to their campaign's watch party to see results come in.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #423 on: January 26, 2023, 07:46:03 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2023, 07:59:21 PM by S019 »

Early-Late February: Visit South Carolina and stay there, the campaign is investing heavily in South Carolina, holding town halls all across the state and getting voters out. They are also blasting the airwaves with earlier ads as well as some new ones. The campaign will talk about the culture war to appeal to rural voters and talk about low taxes to appeal to urban and suburban voters. Appear with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott throughout the state and use them as surrogates

Quote from: excerpt
I will always stand up to the woke mob. They want to force our kids to be indoctrinated by gender ideology and Marxist ideas. I will never, ever let this happen. We are going to give parents a say here and do away with all this woke bureaucratic nonsense. Do you know what Josh Hawley thinks about this issue? He wants a one-size fits all approach and wants DC bureaucrats to run everything. What would stop someone like AOC from forcing teachers to teach Marxism? I want to empower you, I believe in your rights, I believe in the rights of local and state governments. Top-down bureaucracy is how we got here in the first place, I've been on this fight from the very beginning, I opposed Obama's disastrous Common Core scheme, and I am going to continue this fight until you win, because you ultimately are what matters.

Quote from: excerpt
I firmly believe in lowering your taxes. All Joe Biden and the Democrats want to do is take more and more of your money to spend it on fancy, trillion dollar socialist programs, I will end all of that. DC bureaucrats think your tax dollars are for them to spend on fancy vanity projects, but I see it differently, your tax dollars belong to you, and I believe you should get to keep way more of them than you currently do. In Florida, we've had low taxes for years and in fact totally abolished the state income tax. Everyone moves to Florida, and compare that to coastal liberal run states like New York or California where young people can't afford a home. We can do so much better, but we need someone who can stand up to the DC bureaucracy, and that person is me.

Ad: Career Politician

Narrator: Higher taxes, more inflation, more government, that's what Washington, DC tells us.

[show families struggling with bills]

Narrator: Josh Hawley said he'd be different

[Insert clip of Hawley's MO AG ad saying he wouldn't be a ladder climber]

Narrator: Now, Josh is trying to run for President and claims he's different, but who is the real Josh Hawley

Narrator: He couldn't manage his own office as Attorney General, yet alone managing the nation

[Insert clip from local Missouri media]

Narrator: He opposed giving parents say over their children's education

["Some on this stage say the solution is just the opposite, that we should just leave it to localities"]

Narrator: Really Josh? Leaving it to DC bureaucrats is the solution, yet again?

[black and white image of the nation's capitol]

Narrator: Josh Hawley is just another DC bureaucrat, vote NO on Josh Hawley

[Josh Hawley appears in black and white shades, with "VOTE NO" in red over him]

DeSantis for America paid for this ad

Ad: Nikki

[Nikki Haley looks at camera]

Nikki: I care a lot about our state, and we need someone who will champion our SC values

Nikki: That person is Ron DeSantis

Nikki: Ron understands that we have to stand up to the radical left and stand for conservative values, and I believe he can provide the conservative leadership we need in the White House.

Nikki: Josh Hawley sided with the liberals on education and he supports Russia. He isn't going to provide the conservative leadership we need, and he can't win

Nikki: Join me in supporting a conservative leader who can win, join me in supporting Ron DeSantis

DeSantis (VoiceOver): I'm Ron DeSantis and I approve this message

Polls being run in rural, Christian parts of SC by a group called "Americans for Prosperity and Conservatism SuperPAC" collecting data on how likely voters would to vote for Josh Hawley if they found out "he participated in unnatural sex acts while at Yale" and if they found out "he participated in elite social clubs at Yale."

(OOC: wink wink)
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2023, 09:01:46 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2023, 12:11:06 AM by oldkyhome »

South Carolina: Breaking the Noise

This had been a grueling campaign stretch for Senator Hawley. Two weeks of vigorous, relentless stumping had left him exhausted and drained, but a win in South Carolina would make it all worth it. After New Hampshire, Team Hawley felt that their message was getting caught up in the noise, blotted out by news of a falling DeSantis and a surging Youngkin. By winning the nation's First-in-the-South primary, he would prove again he was - not only a major contender - but perhaps the frontrunner.

Nikki Haley had made this tough state even tougher. The South Carolina establishment was rank in DeSantis's column. By the end of the New Hampshire primary, he boasted an 11-point statewide lead in the RCP average, but over the past two weeks, Hawley had chipped at that margin significantly, being just a couple points away from landing the killshot against DeSantis's whole campaign. This was achieved through a mix of targeted campaigning, wooing suburban evangelicals, defining Hawley as the candidate of law-and-order, hammering home on parental rights, and seeking out a larger share of the rural vote by pressing on abortion and religious freedom. In any case, religious conservatives were an indispensable part of the coalition.

Hawley also had no shortage of Southern surrogates, which he used to the fullest extent in this very Southern state. Sens. John Kennedy and Marsha Blackburn were on the trail frequently, stumping across the many small towns that comprise the Palmetto State, defining Hawley as authentic and relatable to voters who might mistrust a Midwesterner at first. Dr. Dobson and Mohler often joined campaign events designed to target evangelicals and joined church-based registration efforts. Sen. Marco Rubio's endorsement was the crown jewel of the campaign's effort, and often repped Hawley in national media interviews in the final days. A concerted effort was waged to paint the DeSantis campaign as 'collapsing' following the endorsement in order to present Hawley as the stable choice for undecided voters interested in electability.

The final days before the primary was defined by a distinct rally from tens - even hundreds - of church leaders calling for laymen to organize and vote for Hawley. Southern primaries boast a significant amount of religious voters who describe abortion as 'non-negotiable' and with the endorsement of the South Carolina Right-to-Life chapter easily sliding into Hawley's pockets, the campaign would hope to gain a significant boost in their GOTV efforts from the sheer amount of dedicated pro-life activists in the Palmetto State.

To win the day, Team Hawley needed a strong combination of turnout and persuasion to put him over the top in South Carolina. A mix of DeSantis's appearance as a wishy-washy politician, Hawley's brand as a get-it-done law-and-order type, and unwavering rhetoric on important social issues would hopefully make that happen. The question of the night: was it enough?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies