What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:38:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17729 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: February 22, 2023, 10:25:25 PM »

Jeff Merkley Debate Answers

1. Due to provocations against Taiwan by the People's Republic of China, President Biden has deployed a Carrier Strike Group to American base Yokosuka and American patrols routinely approach Taiwan as a defensive measure. President Biden has also said there would be "extreme consequences" for any attack on Taiwan. Do you support President Biden's actions in this area and would you support a military response in the event of an attack?

I absolutely support what President Biden has done so far to prepare for a potential attack on Taiwan. Look, this is a very volatile situation and if we give China the impression that we're not ready to make them face some consequences for an illegal, inexcusable invasion of a sovereign nation, we could be compromising Taiwanese safety. At the same time, we need to be making every effort to mediate the conflict and prevent war from breaking out. I've been monitoring the situation closely with the intelligence I've received in the Senate and we'll be able to say more confidently in the days ahead where these military actions are headed, but for now we must continue to aid in the Taiwanese defense.

2. Do you support President Biden's partial student loan debt cancellation? Would you push for more broad action in this area as President? How would you deal with the challenge of a Supreme Court hostile to debt cancellation?

I've been outspoken on this issue for a long time. I was supportive of what President Biden did and I'm glad he addressed the issue, but his proposal simply wasn't large enough. Ten thousand dollars is not enough to alleviate the crushing weight that student loan debt, caused by skyrocketing tuition, on the people of this country. So I'm prepared on day one in office to issue an executive order cancelling all student loan debt. Now with regard to the Supreme Court challenge, this is another example of right-wing judicial activism as the Higher Education Act clearly gives the President the power to cancel these debts. We're going to fix this by reforming the Supreme Court and appointing judges who recognize this.

3. Homelessness has been rising in America, and this is no less true in big cities such as Chicago. What would you do to bring homelessness, and rising housing costs in general, under control?

Rising homelessness is perhaps one of the most ignored and misunderstood crises in America today. For too long politicians have enacted policies to counter homelessness that center on punishment for poverty. My housing plan envisions a joint effort between federal, state and local governments to build millions of new mixed income housing units across the country. The evidence shows that when we build more housing, prices come down and so we're going to center that in every part of our housing policy. My plan will give people stuck on the streets opportunities to become housed and will alleviate the burden of rising rents we've seen in so many of our cities.

4. America continues to be vexed by the challenge of failing public schools, the effects of COVID-19 shutdown have made these issues even worse, with massive gaps appearing among the youth and catastrophic shortfalls in reading, math, and other areas. As President, what solutions would you push for in the area of public education?

There's so much we need to do to improve public education in this country. Our schools are the backbone of a healthy society and we need to give them the respect they deserve. One of the first things we need to is stop giving billions in subsidies to charter schools that drain away our education budget. We've seen large amounts of taxpayer money be squandered on lackluster education at unregulated charter schools and with all the struggles our public schools face, it's time for these schools to go. We also need to work with state governments to undo the harmful practices of tying our public school funding to property taxes, keeping wealth centered in wealthy areas. Instead, we can use this money to make a sweeping investment in underfunded schools across the country.

5. Raise your hand if you support continued monetary and weapons aide to Ukraine, as the war now enters its third year.

Raises Hand. We need to continue to do everything we can to resist the Russian invasion and I've consistently supported additional funding in the Senate.

Personal Question: Would you support a reduction in federal defense spending at this time, despite war in Europe and potential conflict in Asia?

What I've always said is that I support reducing federal defense spending because of the enormity of unneeded expenditures. The F-35 program in which the military spend trillions on a fighter that functionally cannot operate in the way it was intended was one of the worst examples of this. We've also seen numerous cases of military aid being provided to countries notorious for human rights abuses, most notably Saudi Arabia. So in this area, we need Congress to get a bit more skeptical of some of the demands made for additional discretionary spending in our budget. That being said, we should not place a strain on our military to the level that it can't confront the assaults on democracy we face worldwide and that's why I've consistently supported providing aid to Ukraine, Taiwan or any other country that stands at conflict with authoritarian world powers.

Rebuttal:

Gore: I’m sorry Vice President Harris but that’s just a different story than what you’ve told us about the case in the past. You have said that the facts and evidence led you not to charge this despite all of its misconduct. Which is it, the Supreme Court or the facts? And when the buck stops with you at the Oval Office are you going to be willing to stand up to corporate America or will you leave it to someone else?

Merkley: If I could just get in here as well David. I completely agree that the Vice President needs to give a better answer to the American people on this. The facts of that matter remain that despite uncovering hundreds of foreclosure violations, the Vice President did not pursue a case against CEO Steve Mnuchin, when she could have even done so independently of the bank itself. Now I can't speak to everything that was going on in her office at the time, but her defense of saying she was unable to go after the banks falls flat when we consider that other state AGs successfully pursued similar cases in which they forced these banks to reach a settlement.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #526 on: February 22, 2023, 10:45:29 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2023, 01:21:11 PM by FalterinArc »

Jeff Merkley Super 2-sday Strategy

Coming off some big wins on Super Tuesday, Senator Merkley's campaign was positively optimistic about going forward. They had been able to keep themselves viable in the national delegate race and had been able to replicate most of Senator Sanders state wins from 2020, with the addition of winning Massachusetts. Now looking ahead to the next contests, Senator Merkley faced a fairly favorable map. His campaign believed he was a favorite to win in North Dakota, Idaho, Washington and Hawaii if they properly invested and so his strategy would be centered around these four states.

The night after his Super Tuesday celebration in Boston, the Senator would head straight to Fargo. There, he would make a tour of the city, meeting local small business owners and speaking to voters directly at a town hall. The next day he would head west to meet with Senate Minority Leader Troy Heinert for a rally at the Standing Rock reservation in which Senator Merkley would take the opportunity to hear again directly from indigenous leaders and stress his opposition to the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline.

On Friday his campaign would head to Idaho in which he would meet again with early endorser Paulette Jordan at a rally in Boise. He would hit hard in this central population area, hoping to run up the margins and prevent a repeat of Bernie's upset 2020 loss in the state. After two days in the state he would again head west to Washington.

Washington would be the crucial test in these primaries, with Merkley needing to stretch his PNW appeal as far as possible. Immediately he would begin by hitting the City of Seattle again, along with key endorsers like Governor Inslee, Congresswoman Jayapal as well as city progressives like Councilwomen Morales and Mosqueda. There he would emphasize his plans for affordable housing, highlighting the spiraling costs in the city. He would also meet with key Seattle progressive papers like The Stranger and The Urbanist to lock down city supporty . Senator Merkley would then spend the following days canvassing Washington more broadly, with key rallies at WWU and Evergreen State College, emphasizing youth turnout.

On social media and on television the Senator's media campaign would primarily consist of heavy blanketing of the Bernie endorsement ad, continuing to get the word out there of the continuity of their campaigns to people unaware. While Hawaii was too far and too costly for a physical appearance, he would spend heavily on ads in the state to counter this. While his campaign would mostly ignore the other two states, Congresswoman Cori Bush would make an appearance in her district speaking in favor of the Senator's campaign. He would also feature the endorsements of Mayor Adams, Senator Gillibrand and Congressman Khanna in online pop-up ads, emphasizing party unity and his mainstream Democratic values.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #527 on: February 23, 2023, 02:02:06 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2023, 02:20:34 AM by Kuumo »

Whitmer Campaign Super Tuesday II Schedule

After the big victories in Iowa, Maine, and Minnesota on Super Tuesday, the Whitmer campaign hoped to stay in contention with strong performances in the Midwestern states of Kansas and Missouri.

March 6th-8th: Missouri

The day after Super Tuesday, Whitmer flew into St. Louis as the first stop of her tour, holding a large rally and meeting with community leaders throughout the metro. The next two days were spent in Jefferson City, Columbia, Independence, and Kansas City.

March 9th-10th: Kansas

After finishing her tour of the Kansas City area in Overland Park, Whitmer continued westward, holding events in Lawrence, Topeka, Manhattan, and Wichita. Aware of the drastic cuts to education under former governor Brownback still fresh in the minds of many Kansas Democrats, she took care to mention her record on investment in the public school system as governor of Michigan whenever possible.

March 11th: Washington

On the final day before the election, Whitmer appeared in Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia, emphasizing her record on labor issues and green energy as governor in the hopes of winning enough support in the state to reach delegate viability.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #528 on: February 23, 2023, 03:18:01 AM »

TV/Radio Ad: Nydia

When Roger and I first met, I was immediately blown away. Never have I met a more passionate, dedicated man. And he's got the sharpest of wits! *laughs*

Roger has devoted his life to serving this country and making our lives better. He's served under multiple Presidents and has fought in the political trenches for countless causes.

Roger fights for our families to live, work, and pray with dignity. He believes in the power of each of us to lift up our communities and make a change. One person can make all the difference in this world. Roger lives by that every day.

He will be a President for us: for the working men and men, no matter what your story is. We've been blessed to raise beautiful children and grandchildren together. Our story is the American Dream, and he will fight the same for you.

I'm Nydia Stone, proud wife of Roger Stone, and I ask you to join us in this movement.

I'm Roger Stone and I approve this message.

This ad will currently air in Nevada, California, and Colorado. The greatest investment at this time shall be in Nevada, and the ad will have both English and Spanish narrations by Nydia Stone to air in different markets. This ad serves two main purposes: 1) soften and humanize the image of Stone through his wife, making a play at persuadable moderate and suburban voters; and 2) further capturing the growing Latino vote within the Republican Party that could decide the fate of multiple primaries. This ad will be in heavy rotation along with the other existing Stone ads in Nevada.

TV/Radio Ad: Our Rights

Polished, professional politicians. They look good. They hit all the right notes. Then they craft shady deals behind closed doors and leave Americans to dry.

Our rights are under assault this election more than ever. They're in danger from power-hungry radicals and weak, corrupted leaders.

As President, Roger Stone will fiercely protect and defend your God-given rights: to bear arms, to speak freely, to not be watched over by Big Government and Big Tech.

Stone is the only candidate with the guts to take on the D.C. class and never give in. He marches for our freedoms, no matter what they throw at him, and knows that everything is at stake.

STONE: I live and breathe the First Amendment, the Second Amendment, and every right we Americans hold sacred. As your President, I will never compromise. I will never surrender. I owe it to this country I love to be your fighter-in-chief. I approve this message because the time to rise up is now. Let's take back our rights.

This will air in New Hampshire and Nevada. Heavy circulation is done on conservative stations throughout the day. This ad is part of the campaign's broader strategy to activate rights-based voters, particularly on the Second Amendment, where Stone has long been the strongest and most vocal gun rights advocate.

TV/Radio Ad: Forgotten Americans

You are the forgotten Americans.

You work hard to support your families. You pay your bills and pay your taxes. You do everything right.

But, you suffer. The country has suffered. Our factories have been hollowed out, stripped to parts, and our jobs vanished. Your paychecks lose more and more value as you take up multiple jobs just to get by. You can't go on like this.

Our leaders have failed us. They have sold off America to the highest bidder, town by town, community by community. They have mocked us, ripped our social fabrics, and pretended we're better off than ever before.

Roger Stone came from humble beginnings, growing up in a small town with blue-collar roots. He knows what is at stake for you and your families. As President, he will give workers lasting tax relief, renegotiate rotten trade deals, and bring our industries roaring back. He will be the President of the forgotten Americans.

This ad will air in New Hampshire and Nevada, with significant expenditures in both states (especially for primetime TV and the most popular radio stations as voters commute home from work). The campaign hopes to capture the working class conservatives and other disaffected audiences that make up the heart of the Trump coalition. These two states currently targeted are uniquely favorable to such a message with their demographics.

TV/Radio Ad: Popcorn

Josh Hawley calls himself a consistent America Firster and a critic of forever wars. The record just doesn't add up.

Hawley boasted for years on his support of the Iraq War, backing Bush on every misstep.

And when he had the chance to serve his country as a young man after 9/11, he went abroad . . . to a pampered, elite British school.

What did Hawley do there? In the face of our men and women risking everything in Iraq, he sat and popped popcorn during the invasion.

Josh Hawley wants you to think he's a leader in the trenches. When push comes to shove, he prefers the sidelines.

This ad will air in all Super Tuesday states as part of the Stone campaign's strategy to highlight areas of contrast on America First issues, particularly in the wake of unrest in Ukraine and Taiwan.

TV/Radio Ad: United

Hi, I'm Kari Lake.

I'm Governor Kristi Noem.

I'm Congressman Matt Gaetz.

TOGETHER: And I support Roger Stone for President.

LAKE: Roger has always been there for the forgotten Americans, unafraid to speak up about our broken communities and failed leadership.

NOEM: He's been the fiercest defender of our pocketbooks and our Constitutional rights.

GAETZ: If you want a real MAGA conservative who can crush Kamala and the Dem machine, look no further.

LAKE: We all ran against each other, but we all believe in Roger Stone. That's no small feat, folks!

NOEM: Roger is a leader in the mold of Trump, and of Reagan. Now the elites are trying to silence this movement and keep us from rising up.

GAETZ: Don't let the media control this election and anoint their handpicked choices!

LAKE: Our country is on the line. Only Roger Stone can unite this party and win in November.

NOEM: Only Roger Stone can restore our God-given freedoms and beat the woke mob.

GAETZ: Only Roger Stone can do the hard work and Make America Great Again.

This ad will air across all Super Tuesday states. Particularly heavy rotation will occur on Fox News throughout the day. This ad presents a unified front with conservatives for Stone as the candidate who has far and away consolidated the most support from primary opponents. Messaging is also geared towards a call to action against the conservative establishment's recent coordination around Youngkin and Hawley, raising awareness on their moves and utilizing their very platforms for counter-programming.

These ads will all extend into rotation for the upcoming Mini Tuesday slate. Of particular note for spending decisions:

-"Nydia" receives the highest airplay in Hawaii, Kansas, Washington, and Michigan to target suburban and family-oriented voters.
-"Our Rights" is maximized in Washington, Michigan, Idaho, and North Dakota.
-"Forgotten Americans" is laser-focused on Michigan, Michigan, Michigan; substantial advertising is spent in the state to claim the economic populist mantle. Smaller focuses include Kansas, Hawaii, Idaho, and North Dakota.
-"Popcorn" has greater emphasis in states with a propensity for libertarian and Trumpist elements. This includes Michigan, Idaho, North Dakota, Washington, and Hawaii.
-"United" receives among the greatest exposure of the ads, targeting larger contests like Michigan, Washington, and Kansas.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #529 on: February 23, 2023, 03:23:01 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2023, 12:59:55 PM by oldkyhome »

March 11th

Senator Hawley arrived in Washington early in the morning to finish strong and energize his team for a rigorous GOTV operation. Joined by Joe Kent and his wife Erin, he brought an assortment of flavors from Dunkin' Donuts to discuss plans for tomorrow with the state's leadership team. After, he delivered a passionate pep talk to campaign workers, reminding them of their strong Super Tuesday performance and urging them to 'seal the deal' with a win in tomorrow's Washington primary. The campaign was unsure they could cap off a win in the state and hesitant to make any predictions, but they knew a strong showing or even a 1st-place finish would be a testament to their national appeal.

The late endorsement of Joe Kent, who enjoys strong connections with the state's activist base, greatly helped build the campaign's ground game in the days leading up to the primary. While he can not dedicate himself exclusively to the Hawley campaign, since he was running for Congress in his own right, his name alone brought considerable weight, especially as right-wing activists in the state scrambled to find a firebrand to lead the MAGA movement into the 2024 election. Hawley made sure to thank his volunteers for their hard work before holding a dozen zoom calls with state leadership teams across the country to address the state of the campaign going into Mini Tuesday.

Sarah Palin by Gage Skidmore, via Flickr

PALIN HOT-MIC: Calls Roger Stone a 'p-ssy lipped master grifter' moments before endorsing Hawley

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin made headlines on Monday when a hot-mic moment caught her demeaning Republican candidate Roger Stone as a "p-ssy lipped master grifter." The incident occurred as Palin took the stage at a Hawley campaign rally in Boise, ID when she made the comments not realizing the mic was still on. She cleared up the remark in her speech, stating it was 'just a blip' and 'lacks context', but it quickly circulated on social media, drawing ire from certain MAGA conservatives who already doubted Stone's authenticity. It's unclear who she was speaking to or what prompted the comment.

In spite of this, Palin went on to deliver a rousing speech endorsing Hawley to the Idaho crowd, anointing him as the 'no-nonsense, get-it-done conservative' that would 'lead MAGA to victory' in the 2024 election. She delivered stinging criticism to his main rivals, including Stone, who she described as leveraging 'unfair, slanderous attacks against Senator Hawley' and encouraged him to 'take a chill pill' with recent accusations that he's a warmonger. Hawley declined to comment on her hot-mic moment but embraced her shortly after the speech, thanking her for the endorsement and praising her as a champion of conservative values and a dedicated advocate for the American people.

"I am humbled and honored to have the support of Governor Palin, a fearless fighter who has never backed down from a challenge," he said. "Her endorsement represents the sentiment of many more MAGA voters across this country who have come to join our movement to drain the swamp and take America back."

While the incident may have stirred some controversy, Palin's endorsement of Hawley ultimately stole the show, firing up the crowd and leaving many convinced to bring others to vote for him in the upcoming caucus. It comes just on the eve of Mini Tuesday, in which 9 states will cast their ballots to decide who will become the Republican nominee for President. As the Hawley campaign seeks to consolidate MAGA voters and establish the Missouri Senator as the frontrunner for the Republican nomination, only time will tell if this endorsement proves pivotal.

Public Domain, via Facebook

Hawley closes Mini Tuesday stretch in Spokane: 'It's time to take our country back.'

Wrapping up a tumultuous week in the lead-up to 9 contests on Mini Tuesday, Senator Hawley addressed a packed crowd at the Spokane Convention Center, where he declared to his supporters that 'this is a time for action', predicting that, if turnout is high enough, it would be a 'crushing victory' for his campaign. He urged listeners to make that happen by turning out in droves to 'take our country back.' An excerpt:

"Thank you, Spokane! What a great turnout tonight. It's been a whirlwind week, but we made it through (laughter). I've been traveling across the country, speaking to Americans from all walks of life, and I can feel the momentum building. We saw it on Super Tuesday, where our campaign captured the most votes, the most delegates, the most contests, and if we show up and make our voice heard, we're going to see it again tomorrow. (applause)

We've seen a lot of division and chaos in the past few years, but as I've traveled throughout this country, from small towns in the South to booming metros in the Northeast to every other part of this country, I've met a country that is incredibly united in the things we hold dear. I believe what we need is a nominee who acknowledges that, who can build a coalition of people from different creeds and different backgrounds, but united in our shared American beliefs, to come together and defeat this corrupt administration. Don't you agree? (applause)

And that is why it is the honor of a lifetime to run for President, because I have the privilege of getting to see America for what it truly is, and what it truly is right now is a country in peril. We face countless threats, abroad, at home, and otherwise. I've seen it in the faces of young men afflicted by fentanyl addiction because of the short-sighted greed of special interests. I've seen it in the frustration of single moms who can't spend more time with the kids because prices are up and wages are down. I've seen it in the pleas of farmers and factory workers who feel their line of work is going out of business because this administration seems intent on rigging the game against blue-collar work.

In spite of that, they have shown remarkable resilience and grit in the face of overwhelming hardship. There's just no quit in America. (applause)

So I'm asking you to show that same resilience tomorrow by storming the polls and delivering a message about the kind of party we want to be, about what we want for our children and grandchildren, and who we want to put up against Kamala or whoever the Democrats nominate. Show them that we are the masters of our own destiny, we are the ones who decide who gets to represent us.

We can't make that happen if we nominate another insider who talks a big game but doesn't show up when it matters. I'm here to tell you I won't play ball with special interests,  I won't go along to get along, and I won't back down from the fight. Because the fight we're in right now is about more than just this election. It's about the future of our country, about whether we're going to continue to let the crooks and cronies in D.C run roughshod over the rest of us, or whether we're going to stand up and take our country back. Washington, it's time to take our country back. (applause)"
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #530 on: February 23, 2023, 03:35:57 AM »

Self-made campaign material

Ad #11: D.C DeSantis.

Senator Josh Hawley, via Flickr.
VO:"I'm Josh Hawley, and I approve this message."

Ron DeSantis by Matt Johnson, via Wikimedia Commons.
"We all know the Florida DeSantis,"

Ron DeSantis by Gage Skidmore, via Wikimedia Commons.
"But what about the D.C DeSantis?"

Ron DeSantis, via Wikimedia Commons.
"D.C DeSantis voted for trade deals that outsourced millions of good jobs, and supported legislation that would slash Social Security by hundreds of billions."

Ron DeSantis by Matt Johnson, via Wikimedia Commons.
"It's no wonder he's flipped and flopped on abortion too."

Ron DeSantis, via Wikimedia Commons.
"If this is what he does when he gets to Washington, why would we ever send him there again?"

Ron DeSantis, via Wikimedia Commons
"D.C DeSantis: Leading from behind, just more of the same."

Ad #11: "D.C DeSantis" will be reaired in all Mini Tuesday media markets until March 15th, along with Ad #1: "Flyover Country" (in KS, WI, ID, ND), Ad #13: "Stops With Me" (in MI, WI, OH), and Ad #8: "Values First" (in LA, MS).
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #531 on: February 23, 2023, 03:44:05 AM »

Roger Stone offered the following comments on the Sarah Palin "grifter" hot mic incident during a quick brush with a reporter:

I love Governor Palin. Always have, always will. She was John McCain's only good call in 2008. If what I'm gathering about this comment from Sarah is true, I'll say this: While I respectfully disagree on the nature of the specifics, her creativity in articulation has always been unbound. You've gotta give Sarah credit for that. *laughs*

See you Tuesday, guys.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #532 on: February 23, 2023, 03:51:07 AM »

Gretchen Whitmer Debate Answers

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4fKT-HVA4-c/maxresdefault.jpg

1. Due to provocations against Taiwan by the People's Republic of China, President Biden has deployed a Carrier Strike Group to American base Yokosuka and American patrols routinely approach Taiwan as a defensive measure. President Biden has also said there would be "extreme consequences" for any attack on Taiwan. Do you support President Biden's actions in this area and would you support a military response in the event of an attack?

President Biden made the right move. We can't send the message to China that they can get away with invading Taiwan. If the situation escalates, sanctions and additional military actions should certainly be on the table. But I have confidence that the President and the State Department can manage to find a peaceful resolution.

2. Do you support President Biden's partial student loan debt cancellation? Would you push for more broad action in this area as President? How would you deal with the challenge of a Supreme Court hostile to debt cancellation?

Yes, college education is too costly. Our young people shouldn't have to go thousands of dollars in debt to learn necessary skills for their careers. If at all possible, I would extend Biden's debt relief plan to cover all student loans. On the issue of the Supreme Court, I will try my hardest to get debt cancellation codified into federal law by Congress and appoint federal judges more in tune with the will of the people.

3. Homelessness has been rising in America, and this is no less true in big cities such as Chicago. What would you do to bring homelessness, and rising housing costs in general, under control?

We need the federal government to work closely with state and municipal governments to properly address the issue in different cities. In general, we should put more investment into affordable housing and public transportation so that our cities can be livable for anyone who wants to live in them, not just the rich.

4. America continues to be vexed by the challenge of failing public schools, the effects of COVID-19 shutdown have made these issues even worse, with massive gaps appearing among the youth and catastrophic shortfalls in reading, math, and other areas. As President, what solutions would you push for in the area of public education?

I'm no stranger to this issue. The COVID pandemic hit Michigan public schools hard. Far too many districts lacked the resources to continue functioning remotely. So as governor, I worked with educators and legislators to address these shortcomings by passing the largest education investment in state history. And as President, I would pursue similar policies, with targeted grants for struggling districts, improvement in special education and mental health resources, renovation of schoolhouses, and ensuring computer access to every student.

5. Raise your hand if you support continued monetary and weapons aide to Ukraine, as the war now enters its third year.

raises hand

Yes, I fully support continuing our efforts to help the Ukrainian people defend their national sovereignty from those who seek to destroy it.

6. As President would you support abolition or reform of the Senate filibuster to more easily enact Democratic agenda items?

The filibuster is a holdover from another time. A time when both parties could often cooperate in the Senate despite their differences. But today, we have a situation where the filibuster is a barrier to lasting progress. We will never pass a public option, raise the minimum wage, or meaningfully address the threat of climate change while the filibuster remains in place. These are policies supported by a majority of Americans that may never see the light of day because of an outdated procedural rule. With the problems we face today, we need to act now. So as President, I would support efforts by Senate leadership to abolish the filibuster.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #533 on: February 23, 2023, 04:04:06 AM »

TV/Radio Ad: Ronald, Donald, & Roger

They were mocked by the media, opposed by D.C., but supported by the people.

They stood strong as warriors of conservatism and ushered in a new age.

No matter what, they never stopped believing in America and fighting for us.

Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump have transformed America for the better. Who was there by both their sides from day one? Roger Stone.

Now, Roger Stone is mocked by the media, opposed by D.C., but supported by the people.

He stands strong through it all and will be a conservative warrior just like his mentors.

Roger Stone believes in America to be greater than ever before. He knows it to be more urgent than ever.

At this critical time in our nation's history, our help is needed more than ever.

Join the movement to save America. Presidents Reagan and Trump paved the way. Now, President Stone will finish the job.

This ad will air in full blast across the Super Tuesday II states. Images of Stone with Reagan and Trump, going back to his younger days, are peppered throughout the narration. Voters are now being exposed to the full depth of the relationship that Stone had with both men, vividly showing Stone as a direct spiritual continuation of their movements.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #534 on: February 23, 2023, 10:03:45 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2023, 10:37:21 PM by oldkyhome »

Mini Tuesday: Full Steam Ahead

Hawley's commanding performance on Super Tuesday came just in time for these consequential nine contests. As early as July last year, his leadership team identified this string of states as a potential inflection point that could allow Hawley to capitalize on momentum and soar ahead as the clear frontrunner for the Republican nomination. Now, with his volunteers energized, his voters galvanized, and a public that was paying close attention to his next moves, Hawley sought to win big on Mini Tuesday. A crushing victory could mark the point of no return for his ascension to the nomination, just as Super Tuesday did for Trump in 2016.

To that end, his national leadership team pursued an aggressive strategy of narrative control and coalition consolidation. If it wasn't any clearer, Governor Youngkin would receive the bulk of the campaign's negative focus, as he was the only other candidate to emerge from Super Tuesday on similar footing. They highlighted parts of his record that had yet to be fully explained by the Virginia Governor with a scathing new ad buy, then thrust it into the national spotlight by recruiting Carlyle victims to speak on behalf of the Hawley campaign.

It played neatly into the Missouri Senator's overarching narrative: that he was the clear face of the MAGA movement, that he knew how to throw punches and take some too, and that he had the guts to take on the country's most rotten special interests. The idea here is simple. Hawley's campaign wanted to capture the attention of the broadest swath of voters possible, drawing in holdouts from the MAGA base, especially those who saw little left in Governor DeSantis, and peeling off disillusioned independents, long seen as in the 'peripheral regions' of Hawley's coalition.

It also worked to steal air from Mr. Stone, whose campaign has been defined by his anti-establishment antics shaping headlines and attracting curious or angry voters. Surprisingly, Stone seemed to make less use of that for this stretch, instead opting to stake out in one of these sparser, western states in hopes of a grassroots upset.

Hawley's push was the complete opposite. He rejuvenated his effort to define himself as the nominee Republicans have been waiting for with a rousing speech at this year's CPAC, which left little ambiguity about the type of campaign he would run in a general election, a prime-time interview with Chris Wallace, which presented a hypothetical Hawley presidency to a nationwide audience, and a renewed focus on trade and immigration, which earned him the endorsement of major organizations and activists, including Sarah Palin and the NBPC.

The momentum was palpable. His campaign team hit the ground in all 9 states, mobilizing volunteers and donors across the country to spread his message far and wide, feeling strongly that they had a chance in each and every one. It was clear that Hawley's push was not just a short-term effort but a sustained, strategic campaign to win the hearts and minds of voters and become the Republican nominee for president.

After a brutal campaign season, nine contests were the difference between a drawn-out convention process or a quick and decisive end. The stakes were high, and tensions were even higher as the candidates jockeyed for position in the days leading up to Mini Tuesday, but Hawley's campaign believed there was light at the tunnel. They had faith that this would be their moment if they charged full steam ahead.

OOC: I know this doesn't count for anything but I like to cap off each turn with a brief summary of my strategy. Hope that doesn't bother anyone Smiley .
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #535 on: February 24, 2023, 12:11:40 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2023, 12:15:43 AM by KaiserDave »

Super Tuesday II Final Results

Mississippi

Kamala Harris: 52% | TBD | 25 Delegates ✓
Al Gore: 31% | TBD | 11 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 11% | TBD | 0 Delegates
Jeff Merkley: 7% | TBD | 0 Delegates

Josh Hawley: 48% | 160,258 | 25 Delegates ✓
Glenn Youngkin: 23% | 82,184 | 9 Delegates
Ron DeSantis: 21% | 106,839 | 6 Delegates
Roger Stone: 15% | 61,638 | 1 Delegates

Michigan

Josh Hawley: 34% | TBD | 24 Delegates ✓
Glenn Youngkin: 24% | TBD | 15  Delegates
Roger Stone: 22% | TBD | 15 Delegates
Ron DeSantis: 19% | TBD | 5 Delegates  

Missouri

Kamala Harris: 35% | TBD | 36 Delegates ✓
Al Gore: 30% | TBD | 25 Delegates
Jeff Merkley: 17% | TBD | 7 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 13% | TBD | 0 Delegates

Josh Hawley: 55% | TBD | 48 Delegates ✓
Glenn Youngkin: 22% | TBD | 4 Delegates
Ron DeSantis: 14% | TBD | 10 Delegates
Roger Stone: 9% | TBD | 10 Delegates

Kansas

Al Gore: 37% | TBD | 17 Delegates  ✓
Gretchen Whitmer: 25% | TBD | 10 Delegates  
Kamala Harris: 23% | TBD | 8 Delegates
Jeff Merkley: 15% | TBD | 4 Delegates

Josh Hawley: 37% | TBD | 20 Delegates ✓
Roger Stone: 29% | TBD | 14 Delegates
Glenn Youngkin: 19% | TBD | 4 Delegates
Ron DeSantis: 15% | TBD | 2 Delegates

North Dakota

Jeff Merkley: 33% | TBD | 6 Delegates ✓
Al Gore: 28% | TBD | 4 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 19% | TBD | 3 Delegates  
Kamala Harris: 15% | TBD | 2 Delegates

Josh Hawley: 34% | TBD | 12 Delegates ✓
Roger Stone: 32% | TBD | 10 Delegates
Glenn Youngkin: 16% | TBD | 5 Delegates  
Ron DeSantis: 15% | TBD | 1 Delegates

Idaho

Jeff Merkley: 36% | TBD | 10 Delegates ✓
Al Gore: 25% | TBD | 6 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 18% | TBD | 2 Delegates  
Kamala Harris: 16% | TBD | 2 Delegates

Roger Stone: 36% | TBD | 18 Delegates ✓
Josh Hawley: 32% | TBD | 14 Delegates
Glenn Youngkin: 15% | TBD | 0 Delegates  
Ron DeSantis: 14% | TBD | 0 Delegates

Washington

Jeff Merkley: 33% | TBD | 34 Delegates ✓
Al Gore: 25% | TBD | 30 Delegates
Kamala Harris: 23% | TBD | 14 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 15% | TBD | 11 Delegates  

Glenn Youngkin: 32% | TBD | 18 Delegates  ✓
Josh Hawley: 27% | TBD | 12 Delegates
Roger Stone: 25% | TBD | 10 Delegates
Ron DeSantis: 16% | TBD | 4 Delegates

Hawaii

Jeff Merkley: 37% | TBD | 16 Delegates ✓
Al Gore: 25% | TBD | 8 Delegates
Kamala Harris: 23% | TBD | 6 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 15% | TBD | 4 Delegates  

Glenn Youngkin: 38% | TBD | 10 Delegates  ✓
Roger Stone: 30% | TBD | 6 Delegates
Josh Hawley: 17% | TBD | 2 Delegates
Ron DeSantis: 13% | TBD | 1 Delegates

It's late and I'm tired so there may be errors I go back to correct.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #536 on: February 24, 2023, 12:24:26 AM »

The Delegate Race

Kamala Harris: 712 Delegates
Al Gore: 650 Delegates
Jeff Merkley: 380 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer: 230 Delegates
Eric Adams: 43 Delegates
Gavin Newsom: 18 Delegates
Kirsten Gillibrand: 3 Delegates

Josh Hawley: 416 Delegates
Glenn Youngkin: 324 Delegates
Ron DeSantis: 317 Delegates
Roger Stone: 225 Delegates
Kari Lake: 10 Delegates
Nikki Haley: 7 Delegates
Matt Gaetz: 2 Delegates
Justin Amash: 0 Delegates
Lin Wood: 0 Delegates

Note: Debate coming as soon as I can make it, maybe by the weekend? GOOD NIGHT!

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #537 on: February 26, 2023, 02:52:45 AM »

Harris Campaign Celebrates New Batch of Victories

Squeezed together in a Miami hotel room, miles away from where the latest set of contests were happening, the Harris campaign monitored the results over television and online happily delivering good news to the Vice President and keeping bad news secret until it could be covered up with good news.

The expected good news from Mississippi came at poll closing as Harris' face flashed across the televisions screens in the suite. The campaign would quickly send out a "Thank you, Mississippi!" graphic out to their social media accounts, although they would have one prepared for each state and territory they knew only a few would be used in a contested primary. From that point forward all the campaign could do was wait for any further results.

As the night dragged on the Harris campaign's mood quickly turned from hopeful optimism to sour disappointment. Placing behind Merkley and Gore in several states and Missouri still teetering between Gore and Harris disappointed the campaign greatly who went to great lengths to spin the results to the Vice President who sat stoically watching the results in her bedroom. The campaign was deflating and realizing they would walk away from the night with a decreased lead in both delegates and the popular vote.

Finally, a glimmer of light shone through the dark night as Missouri was called for Vice President Harris eliciting the loudest amount of cheers and claps of the night and with staffers chanting "President Harris!" as the Vice President emerged from her connecting bedroom to see what the commotion was about. With confirmation set and the hour nearing midnight in Miami, the Vice President quickly assembled her staff and team to her campaign watch party and upon arrival waved to the clearly sleepy but enthusiastic crowd.

“Hello! Wassup Miami! Well, we had a good night!”

“First let me just say how good it is to be in the Sunshine State, a state I am confident we will win in the next set of contests in this primary! And I am so happy to see all of these beautiful faces, thank you all so much for coming out!”

“And I would like to shout out the great states of Mississippi and Missouri! I am so honored to have your faith and trust in this primary, now listen I understand we still have a long way to go and we are nowhere near running off with this nomination, but I gotta say, Missouri and Mississippi you surely have helped us along the way!”

“Of course, I want to congratulate Senator Merkley and Former Vice President Gore on their victories tonight, and applaud Governor Whitmer for her showing in these contests, this primary process truly shows the beauty of America, where American’s of different ideas, backgrounds, sexualities and economic status can have the opportunity to decide who they want to carry our party’s banner in November, and well I am glad to say, so far they have chosen us!”

“They have chosen an America where no parent has to send their baby to school and worry about an active shooter stealing away their future! An America where healthcare is finally a right and not a privilege! An America where we say loud and clear that Black Lives Matter! An America where we ensure no student has to leave college in debt, and an America where we finally raise wages for the working class!”

“If you believe in all of this! If you believe in these ideals, join our campaign! We want everybody who believes in that vision to join us! Black or white, gay or straight, liberal or conservative, this is your campaign! And as we embark on this next set of contests, I am confident that we will prevail and it is full steam ahead to the White House!”

“So, let’s get down to work! Because we all know that at the end of the day the fight we are fighting in this campaign is much bigger than any delegate threshold or nomination. This is about the future of the American people! And if you look at my career, I have always done my best to defend the little guy, whether that be as District Attorney, Attorney General, United States Senator, or as Vice President, my work has always been and always will be, for the people!

“So Florida, you’re up next! I hope you will believe in the vision of this country that I believe in and I am confident with your support we will not only win the nomination but the Presidency. So, encourage your friends to vote, your neighbors, co-workers, mom and dad, auntie and uncle, victory is a team effort and I want you on my team to continue to build on the progress of the Biden-Harris administration!

“Thank you! May God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America”

The Vice President quickly descended the stage and strutted to the barricaded line to shake hands and take pictures with her now energetic group of supporters, although the energy shown by the group was not enough to ease the Vice President's own exhaustion which was noticeable to anyone near her. So not too long after she started the Vice President quickly left the venue to take the drive to the airport to board Air Force Two back to Washington D.C.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #538 on: February 26, 2023, 11:34:02 PM »

Gretchen Whitmer Suspends Campaign, Endorses Gore

The day after Super Tuesday II, after much debate with her campaign staff, Governor Whitmer made an important announcement in Lansing:

It's been a long journey. I've had the pleasure of travelling across the country and meeting people from all walks of life.

I'd like to thank all of you for making this campaign possible. Visiting your communities, hearing your stories, this is what keeps me going day to day. I'm also very grateful to my husband Marc and my daughters Sherry and Sydney for keeping me sane. And thanks to Garlan Gilchrist for holding this state together in my absence.
*laughs*

Today, I am suspending my campaign for President of the United States. But the fight is not over. We need a leader ready to face any challenge, who will win in November and step up to govern on day one. I hope you'll join me in supporting Al Gore as the next leader of the free world!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies