What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17800 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2023, 05:19:29 AM »

Unity Tour

A main component of the Stone path to victory in New Hampshire is to consolidate the conservative wing, from the MAGA movement to the other grassroots voices, around his side. He luckily had the momentum going in, however, and he would be aided by some vital allies.

Perhaps the most consequential endorsement received by Stone in New Hampshire was that of General Don Bolduc, a leader of the statewide base who was recently their 2020 Senate nominee. Bolduc and his team immediately provided the Stone campaign with their voter data and analytics, which successfully gave them the nomination in 2020, so that they too may quickly identify and motivate the likeliest voters for base turnout. Bolduc would also prove to be an invaluable asset stumping for the candidate in multiple "unity rallies" over the final days leading up to the primary. At one such event in Dover, General Bolduc offered the following:

I know Roger Stone well. He's a man of conviction. He's a true conservative warrior. Roger's been in the trenches of our struggle longer than nearly anyone else, and I can tell you that his battle scars prove he's ready to be our next Commander-in-Chief. What he's gone through also proves his merits as a true outsider, not beholden to any special interests.

Roger is America First. Roger has stood with Trump and with the conservative movement when it has always counted, not just for the fame and approval. Right now, he needs our vote and our vocal support. Folks, you've got to move! Get all of your friends, families, and neighbors onboard and let them know what the stakes are. New Hampshire was the first state to give Donald Trump a resounding victory in 2016 and change the path for America. Let's do the same in 2024!

Another pivotal voice for uniting conservatives: South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem. As a former opponent of Stone's in the race who later endorsed him, that move already provides massive credibility to the notion that Stone can be a uniter. Noem has the ability to rally the grassroots, but also delve into groups that go beyond the hardcore MAGA base. She will go into the rural areas that she is familiar with to continue boosting enthusiasm, and she also has strength with elements of the religious right that Stone has comparatively lagged behind with. While campaigning, Noem offered fierce words of support and encouragement to all NH conservatives:

You all know that Roger and I ran against each other not very long ago. You also know that even we exchanged some heated words at one point. *laughter* Here's what I can say about Roger Stone above all else, though: The man will never give up on us, and he will never run out of steam defending this country. I've watched him overcome the odds and build this truly grassroots movement from the ground up. He's a hell of a fighter who's got the right type of vision to take back the White House and make America great again.

If we as conservatives want to win, we've got to be smart. Right now we've got a number of worthy candidates running, but our votes are split. Do we want to see a squishy fake like Ron DeSantis or Glenn Youngkin squeak through with 20% or 25% because we continued to be split? You don't have to agree with Roger on everything. Hardly any of us here can agree on everything. *laughter* We're all proud, God-fearing conservatives, though. We love this country. We can change this whole race right here in New Hampshire, and it begins with voting for Roger J. Stone!

Representing the smaller but vocal libertarian wing, former Congressman Ron Paul made a number of stops on behalf of Stone as well. Paul would spent the majority of his time rallying younger voters on college campuses, along with making appearances at several of the pro-gun marches over the weekend. The doctor made his pitch for Stone to sympathetic audiences as part of a broader effort for turning out libertarians across the state:

Roger is one of a kind, isn't he? He makes the establishment go gaga! *laughs* Look, I've been around a long time, and I've seen that this man is a real voice for liberty. He's spoken out on the issues that, frankly, they don't want you hearing much about. He's talked about defending our civil liberties which are under assault daily. He's against these forever wars and the military industrial complex. He's for a sound dollar! Bringing back some fiscal sanity is a much welcome message in this day and age.

I truly believe that there is no better choice for advancing the liberty movement than to elect Roger Stone. He's an independent mind, you know, and exactly what this country needs to push through the baloney from the media.

As for Stone himself, he has naturally been working every second to bring exposure to the cause and rally as many fed-up voters as he could until primary day. On one of his final major rallies in Portsmouth, Stone played up his regional roots and made a personal appeal on uniting the party:

I'm a child of New England. I grew up in a small town by the border of Connecticut and New York. My mother was a local reporter, and my father was a firefighter. I know communities like yours in New Hampshire by heart because home shaped who I am. When I see these communities fade away, broken by drugs, poverty, and lack of jobs, it hits me personally. That's why I'm running and that's why I won't stop the fight.

We here in New Hampshire have a grand opportunity to change the course of history. The ruling class is doing everything they possibly can to shut us down and predetermine the primaries. We can't let that happen. We won't let that happen!

If you're a Trump conservative, I'm for you. If you're a Reagan conservative, I'm for you. I've served for many years under the wing of both presidents, and I can best bridge this party together. While I don't expect we'll always agree, or you'll always like what comes out of my mouth *laughter* . . . I have always been animated by serving this country as best I can. I will always have your back, and I will be forever grateful to earn your support this Tuesday.

We will beat the system, overcome the odds, and give the ruling class the worst nightmare of their lives! What does that mean? Victory! Let's go, New Hampshire!

Soon, New Hampshire will keep a nation in suspense waiting no longer.
RGM2609
« Reply #351 on: January 21, 2023, 07:59:45 AM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

Gavin Newsom understands that it is make or break for his campaign on February 6th, primary day in New Hampshire and Nevada. Whether he can win those states and become the frontrunner or lose and have to bow out of the race. Luckily, he is in striking distance of the victory in both states, and he intends to fight for every vote.

In a strategy meeting after the results in South Carolina, Newsom told his team that all resources available to the campaign must be placed in the two states and volunteers from across the United States will be placed there in order to start turning out the vote, a massive GOTV effort long planned by the Newsom campaign, which they hope will keep the afloat in the midst of surges by other candidates.

Following only a brief reaction on the South Carolina results thanking his voters and congratulating Al Gore for his strong performance, Gavin Newsom flew straight to New Hampshire on February 4th. His campaign will start airing ads on his economic promises and liberal-but-electable status in the state while the GOTV effort will be spread out throughout the state. While Newsom sees some opportunities for victories in places like Portsmouth and Concord, it mostly wants to get 17% everywhere. Newsom will start the day with town halls in Dover and Derry before going to rallies in Manchester and Nashua. The campaign believes that in New Hampshire, the time for persuasion has passed, and now it's time to get the Governor's supporters to the voting booth.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #352 on: January 21, 2023, 08:22:43 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2023, 01:28:18 PM by oldkyhome »

Defining the Discourse: Josh Hawley vs. Ron DeSantis

This was the moment Josh Hawley had been waiting for. For over a year, the media world had been infatuated with Ron DeSantis, crowning him the nominee before a single vote was cast, all while Hawley's team was quietly, diligently building the grassroots operation that would knock him off his throne in the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucus. He spent most of this phase of the campaign in the dark, staking his chances on the ground instead of in the headlines. In his analysis, a win in Iowa would be such a massive breakthrough to pundits and voters alike that he would have no shortage of attention to soar into New Hampshire and other early states with.

As everything came to fruition on that fateful night, Hawley's prime-time victory speech captured the attention of millions, giving him the chance to introduce himself to the national electorate as an insurgent challenger to the Republican establishment. This marked the beginning of 'Phase 2' for the campaign, which would be characterized by a concerted pivot from a local, Iowa-focused operation to a national one.

Now the country was looking to him, and more than ever, the Missouri Senator needed to prove he was a serious challenger to Ron DeSantis. The morning after his victory, Hawley held a conference call with his national leadership team to discuss the path forward and lay out the campaign's post-Iowa objectives. In this, they set out three main goals: dominating the headlines, shoring up national allies and donors (especially people who previously thought DeSantis was inevitable), and defining the election as a clear choice between the Trumpian ethos Hawley embodies and the establishment creatures DeSantis surrounds himself with.

Hawley himself would be a significant part of this process. In the days leading up to New Hampshire, he would hold massive rallies in large urban centers to show off his newfound momentum. Here, he struck at anti-establishment themes and took direct aim at DeSantis for his willingness to associate himself with the 'worst elements of D.C.' The team also secured a timeslot on Fox News to host a Presidential Town Hall, where he addressed questions about his leadership qualities and outlined his vision for the Oval Office.

Staff also made a point of discussing, what they identified as, the 'Huckabee' problem. See, in the past 3 Republican primaries, the winner of the Iowa Caucus never went on to win the nomination. For one reason or another, their appeal was too narrow, their momentum was short-lived, and their performance in the New Hampshire primary was underwhelming. The takeaway here: people are fickle and move on quick.

From the jump, Hawley had taken deliberate steps to avoid these problems. He broadened his pitch to tap into a larger pool of disaffected voters, he staked out an early interest in New Hampshire, he was practically the only candidate to speak extensively on the Granite State's drug addiction crisis. And now he had a great asset to his efforts with the enormous amount of media coverage that had spurred out of Hawley's upset win in Iowa.

But many were still skeptical, and perhaps had good reason to be. The last Republican to win both the Iowa Caucus and the New Hampshire primary was, well, nobody, but Hawley wasn't looking to win here per se. He was looking to finish strong, well ahead of the likes of Cruz and Santorum (of whom he's already outperforming in polls), and perhaps force DeSantis to suffer a pyrhhic victory in the process.

Haley's withdrawal and subsequent endorsement of DeSantis raised the stakes significantly. Hawley had been among the first to call out what he dubbed the 'DeSantis-Haley alliance', and thus did not hesitate to blast this move in a press conference mere hours after her announcement, but condemnation was not enough. In all likelihood, their effort to coalesce the 'establishment' vote would succeed so long as the vote between Lake, Stone, Hawley stayed divided, so he resolved to fight fire with fire.

In the lead-up to New Hampshire, reports of coordination between Team Lake and Team Hawley surfaced. The goal? Defeat DeSantis in Nevada and New Hampshire. To this end, much news was made about Hawley being the 'unifying' choice for MAGA conservatives in New Hampshire, and likewise for Lake in Nevada. Although there was a lot of ground to make up, as campaign figures suggested Ron could crack 30% of the vote with Haley's endorsement, Team Hawley hoped this show of cooperation would bolster the narrative that the Missouri Senator was the clear choice for Granite Staters dissatisfied with DeSantis. It would define his campaign's push in the final days before the New Hampshire Primary.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #353 on: January 21, 2023, 11:50:05 AM »

Kari Lake Unfiltered

On Ron DeSantis
A lot of people have called DeSantis a snake or a liar. I think that partially gets at the truth, but it gives him too much credit. Ron DeSantis is a man who has never had an original thought in his life. He's not an independent thinker, he's not a real conservative. He has been a follower, time and time again, on the issues.

You look back at his record, and there's a lot of bad stuff in there. He voted for Paul Ryan's plan to gut Social Security and Medicare. He voted to raise the retirement age to 70, without any support for older workers above the age of 65. Can you believe that? Imagine working all your life in a mill, breaking your back to put food on the table for your family, and the Feds step in and say, "you have to work another 5 years now. You can't retire at 65." It's terrible. You run a small business for two generations, and DeSantis is saying, "sorry, you didn't work hard enough. You have to wait until age 70." Unbelievable. After working for 40 years, people should be able to retire. Americans should be able to retire. I mean, it's common sense folks!

Ron DeSantis doesn't believe in America First. He's put up this tough guy act in the hopes that people won't notice his flaws. Well, we'll see what the people of New Hampshire have to say about that.

On Roger Stone
Stone is a good friend and a true patriot. I'm looking forward to seeing his campaign go on after New Hampshire!

On Josh Hawley
He's got a smart head on his shoulders, it's true. We disagree on some issues, local control especially, but he's a good man when you think about it.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #354 on: January 21, 2023, 11:59:01 AM »

February Pt. 2
Month's Theme: Made in America (New Hampshire Edition)

After a solid third place performance in Iowa, the Lake Campaign scrambled to prepare for New Hampshire. Time was of the essence, as the clock ticked down to primary day. Lake knew that New Hampshire's crowded field made outright victory very unlikely; as a result, Lake planned to aim for a respectable showing in the state. She held a trio of rallies in Manchester, Derry, and Lebanon as primary day approached, and her surrogates crisscrossed the state. Lake debuted two new radio ads targeted at older New Hampshire residents, both of which compared and contrasted her Social Security plan with Ron DeSantis' anti-American worker agenda.

On the ground, Lake visited retirement homes, diners, and the Monadnock Paper Mills in order to spread her message to voters. The choice was clear, Lake told reporters: she was an independent, a real leader for America. Ron DeSantis, on the other hand, was a follower, a man who voted to cut Social Security for seniors, and strip local communities of control. DeSantis would be a puppet for woke billionaires, and an enemy of the America First movement.

Working in conjunction with the Hawley campaign, Lake canvassed with friendly voters and spread the America First message far and wide. Some pundits whispered that Lake and Hawley (or perhaps Stone?) had reached some sort of deal to boost their respective candidacies to head off a DeSantis victory in the state. Lake refused to comment on these rumors, and accused the press of being in the tank for DeSantis.

As primary day drew near, Lake settled in with her supporters in Manchester. The campaign was already preparing to move on to SC, where the real battle would begin.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #355 on: January 21, 2023, 12:12:56 PM »

Gaetz: From Iowa to New Hampshire

Following a disappointing showing on Iowa, Gaetz quickly put it behind him, heading to New Hampshire for some intensive ground-based campaigning. The campaign’s tone was as bombastic as ever, lobbing attacks at DeSantis, Hawley, “RINOs” in general, and — for the first time — Kari Lake, branding her a proven loser and opportunist with questionable commitment to the MAGA movement.

Gaetz is attempting to capture voters dissatisfied with the Republican mainstream from a variety of angles — of course the bread-and-butter of hardcore Trumpists, but also opening up new avenues with disaffected younger voters and libertarians (the latter particularly common in New Hampshire), blending outsider “drain the swamp” rhetoric with socially permissive policies on the likes of marijuana. Gaetz has also hoped his eschewal of hardcore social conservatism, compared to someone like Hawley, will help him win the secular white working class voters who are very common in New Hampshire, and who went Trump for the same reason.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #356 on: January 21, 2023, 12:38:44 PM »

The Final Push in New Hampshire and Nevada

After issuing a brief statement following the South Carolina primary congratulating Vice President Harris on her victory and former Vice President Gore on his strong second-place finish, Whitmer focused on holding onto her position in New Hampshire. Late momentum for Senator Merkley and former Vice President Gore made the state a free-for-all between the Democratic candidates. But Whitmer could point to the endorsements of Senator and former governor Maggie Hassan and the traditionally conservative New Hampshire Union Leader as positive signs for her campaign. The withdrawal of Secretary Buttigieg also made it easier for the campaign to tap into his base of support. Whitmer hit the campaign trail in the two days before the primary, appearing frequently with Senator Hassan, former Representative Shea-Porter and former Attorney General Joseph Foster.

Quote from: Maggie Hassan, Manchester, February 4th, 2024
As a state senator, governor, and now U.S. Senator from New Hampshire, I know a leader when I see one. Gretchen Whitmer has worked tirelessly for the people of her state her entire career, and I have the utmost confidence that she'll do the same for the American people as our next President. Give it up for Gretchen!

On February 4th, Whitmer held rallies in the population centers of Nashua, Manchester, and Concord, accompanied by Foster in Nashua and Senator Hassan in all three. On the 5th, she headed north to campaign in Laconia and Berlin and finished the day in Dover and Portsmouth with Carol Shea-Porter. On primary day, Whitmer assisted with directing the GOTV efforts of phonebanking and busing voters to the polls at the state campaign headquarters in Manchester.

In Nevada, the Whitmer campaign's ground game focused on turnout in Las Vegas and Reno, particularly among voters with irregular work shifts such as many casino employees. While Whitmer herself could not visit the state, her surrogates Amy Klobuchar and Tim Ryan campaigned on her behalf in Las Vegas on February 5th. The campaign does not expect to win the Nevada primary, but a solid performance there is seen as necessary to build momentum before the must-win Michigan primary.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #357 on: January 21, 2023, 01:39:27 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2023, 05:27:50 PM by oldkyhome »

Self-made campaign material

Ad #7: Movement.

Public Domain, via Hawley's Facebook page

- Ad opens with scenes of Hawley campaign fliers, rallies, etc -

Narrator: "There's a movement growing in America."

- Cuts to a scene depicting various news networks projecting Iowa, discussing the race -

On CNN: "Josh Hawley, we're projecting will win the Iowa Caucus."
On Fox: "We have a call to make - wow, that is a shock."
On MSNBC: "This came out of nowhere."

- Cuts to clips of Hawley on the trail -

Narrator: "People from every corner of America are standing up to tear down the D.C swamp with Josh Hawley."

Voter #1: "He's our guy. My whole family will be voting for him."

Voter #2: "He's for New Hampshire, and we're for him."

- Cuts to clips of lobbyists shaking hands, depicting corruption -

Narrator: "The drug companies, the lobbyists, the special interests are panicked; they're spending millions of dollars lying about him."

- Cuts to clips of people turning to face the camera -

Narrator: "But it's our choice, not theirs. Send a message and shock the nation: Vote Josh Hawley on February 6th."

- Cuts to Hawley logo and legal information -

Voiceover: "I'm Josh Hawley and I approve this message."

Ad #8: Values First.

Public Domain, via Hawley's Facebook page

- Ad opens with a close-up shot of Hawley speaking at a South Carolina town hall -

"Politics, at its core, I think is really about values. You can't lead without a guiding set of principles and convictions. Too often, people will run for President, and they say they believe in something, but then they'll change their position to appease their donors or special interest groups. I want the folks here in South Carolina to know that you will never catch me caving on the sanctity of human life, or the value of family values, and especially not my faith. We should never sacrifice our principles for someone else's politics. That's what this campaign is really about." (audience applause)

- The following quotes flash over the screen as Hawley is talking -

Dobson: 'Hawley will lead with moral clarity.'

Mohler: 'A clear choice for religious conservatives with Hawley.'

Family Policy Alliance: 'We have a champion in Sen. Hawley.'

- Cuts to Hawley logo and legal information -

Voiceover: "I'm Josh Hawley, and I approve this message."

Ad #9: Our Guy.

Radio ad touting Hawley's law enforcement endorsements in New Hampshire

Narrator: "Josh Hawley is the only candidate who's committed to backing the blue and defending law-and-order. That's why he's endorsed by the New Hampshire Police Association and Sheriffs Simonds and Valerino."

John Simonds: "I'm Sheriff Simonds, and I'm urging my fellow Granite Staters to vote for Senator Hawley in this year's primary. He's our guy."

Brian Valerino: "I'm Sheriff Valerino, and I'm supporting Senator Hawley in this upcoming primary. He is a champion for law enforcement."

Voiceover: "I'm Josh Hawley, and I approve this message."

Notes: Ads #7 and #9 are aired in New Hampshire in the final days before the primary. Both hit at some themes Hawley seeks to hit on to win over the voter demographic he's been targeting from the start: 45-64 blue-collar conservatives. Ad #8 is aired in South Carolina, Alabama, and Mississippi, which showcases both a pitch Hawley makes to religious conservatives about the importance of values-first politics and the endorsements he has accumulated with prominent evangelicals.
RGM2609
« Reply #358 on: January 21, 2023, 02:49:11 PM »

Gavin Newsom ad - "It's all in your hands" airing in New Hampshire

"Debates have been held, plans have been put forward, politicians have spoken. Now it's your turn to speak.

Gavin Newsom is committed to building the progressive future our country deserves. President Newsom will raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour, build an universal healthcare system and respect the right to choose. He will create a fairer immigration system and reform the criminal justice system. Gavin Newsom as shown in all his offices: he's a progressive through and through. Get out to vote on February 6th! Gavin Newsom for President!

Newsom: Let's build the future we deserve. I'm Gavin Newsom and I approve this message."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #359 on: January 21, 2023, 02:57:35 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2023, 03:14:17 PM by Senator Spiral »

Roger Stone GOTV Strategy: New Hampshire

In the Granite State, the Stone campaign is going all out for a shocking, unprecedented surge and victory. They believe they have the machine and the enthusiasm at their side. In addition to the campaign activities mentioned earlier, other key GOTV strategies have been outlined:

-Former Maine Governor Paul LePage has been a fierce surrogate across the state, particularly in the rural corners with French ancestry that he has brilliantly tapped into in his neighboring state. He can activate white ethnic voters attuned to cultural issues like guns, crime, and immigration.
-The libertarian movement statewide, the most organized of any state, is undergoing an unprecedented campaign to rally sympathetic voters of all stripes to the polls. Groups include Young Republicans, Free State Project, FreedomWorks, Young Americans for Liberty and the Liberty Alliance. They are also fielding libertarian representatives in the NH House and Senate to whip up support among their constituents. Overall, this organization is on par with or even exceeds Ron Paul 2012.
-On a similar note, students are whipped for support the most extensively of any campaign with Stone supporting groups holding chapters in many of their campuses.
-General Michael Flynn arrives to heavily campaign for Stone in rural, industrial, and coastal areas where they believe his message can best dominate. Christian nationalists are closely targeted for maximum turnout.
-Appeals to suburban voters, particularly to peel off DeSantis and Youngkin voters, are done mainly through emphasizing issues of taxes, crime, and cost of living.
-Blue collar voters are a heavy focus as the most recentive to Trumpist themes. Stone is emphasized as the most authentic vote for MAGA, along with having the fire in the belly to take it all the way.
-Disaffected voters, particularly independents, are targeted through the campaign's sophisticated model of data analytics statewide. After Joe Rogan, they have captured the attention of many and now they are banking on their weekend campaign bonanza to capture their attention to vote.
-Gaetz and Amash voters are persuaded to switch allegiance, citing their shared libertarian positions and Stone's position to come out on top and advance the cause.
-Lake voters are targeted on issues like protecting Social Security, particularly with elder voters, along with their shared messages on immigration and foreign policy.
-Hawley voters are targeted on issues like big tech, their fighting spirit, and being unafraid to take on establishment powers under a MAGA vision. Out of pragmatism, Stone is the best equipped to actually take momentum and capture the win in New Hampshire.
-The campaign takes full advantage of the lethargic campaigning of DeSantis on this stretch. They argue that DeSantis is taking this race for granted, and he doesn't respect the will of the voters as he believes he can simply coast through victory. His supporters are actively targeted, hoping to earn their respect through showing up and standing up for their communities.
-Finally, Stone believes he can capture the lion's share of the undecided vote. He is most prevalent all across the state in the final days. His campaign is accelerating in momentum. He has also developed a positive, anti-establishment message that should resonate with many voters.

Stone, with enough luck and determination, could perhaps be in to shock the world Tuesday evening.
RGM2609
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2023, 03:01:23 PM »

Gavin Newsom ad - "Susie Lee" airing in Nevada

"Susie Lee: Hi everyone, I'm Representative Susie Lee! During this electoral campaign many candidates have come to me and asked me to endorse me. But there is only one I trust with all my heart: Governor Gavin Newsom!

Knowing Gavin Newsom, he is a politician who is unafraid to take on the big issues. As Mayor and Governor, he worked steadfastly to build a progressive future. As President, he will do the same. Immigrants, Laborers and Nevadans can hope for no better friend in the White House! And seeing him campaign, I don't just think that he will beat the Republicans, I know he will. I support Gavin Newsom because I know he is the best candidate for our state and our country.

Join me in voting for Gavin Newsom on February 6th!

Newsom: I'm Gavin Newsom and I approve this message."
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2023, 03:32:03 PM »

Merkley for President TV Spot "Bernie"

MSNBC

To be aired in New Hampshire, Michigan, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, Iowa, Minnesota, Texas, Colorado, Utah and California through to Super Tuesday

Fade in from black to Bernie Sanders standing in front of the camera in his office.

Hello. I'm Senator Bernie Sanders.

When I first ran for President, many of the policies I stood for, like Medicare for All or the Green New Deal were seen as radical proposals. But in the years since, with a global pandemic and ongoing climate disasters, the need for radical change to the system has become clear.

And allow me to tell you Jeff Merkley was there fighting with me from the beginning.

Cut to images of Merkley and Sanders working together in the Senate

He was the only Senator to endorse my campaign and I've worked with him countless times to deliver an agenda for the people. Jeff will always stand with unions Images of headlines covering Merkley's vote in favor of the rail workers., the LGBTQ community Images of headlines noting Merkley's writing of the Equality Act+Passage of anti-discrimination laws in Oregon, immigrants Images of Merkley's visit to detention facilities under Trump or anyone else that the Republican party seeks to marginalize. He's not beholden to any special interests Headlines of DISCLOSE Act passage and always fights for what he believes in. I'm proud to say I'll be supporting him for President and I hope you do too.

February 5-6

In the final days before the New Hampshire primary Senator Merkley hit the trail hard with Bernie. After some convincing, the 82 year old Senator agreed to accompany Merkley on a two-day tour of the state, hitting major stops in Nashua, Manchester, Concord and Keene. The objective was clear, every voter in New Hampshire needed to know that Jeff Merkely was the successor to Bernie Sanders. With the centrist wing of the Democratic Party even more divided than in 2020, Merkley's campaign believed achieving even 75% of Bernie's 2020 vote share could be enough to come out victorious in the primary. Bernie will continue to hammer in the main Merkley campaign themes: federal housing, universal healthcare, green new deal and student debt cancellation. He will also take some time on the night of the 5th to conduct an interview with the Conway Daily Sun hoping to earn their endorsement as Bernie did in 2020.

Meanwhile in Nevada, Senator Merkley has decided to take a step back to focus entirely on winning New Hampshire. With the short amount of time between primaries, a large amount of his vote would be banked in already and it was more important in the long run for his campaign that Vice President Harris be dealt a knockout blow than he perform particularly well. In the final days he would focus all spending on online and tv ads on New Hampshire and withdraw his field volunteers from Nevada. In an email to his Nevada volunteers he would emphasize the importance of the final push in New Hampshire and hint that spending too many resources on Nevada could result in pushing all progressive candidates (with a graphic including Governor Newsom's teetering at 16%) below the 15% delegate threshold line.

oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2023, 03:49:54 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2023, 02:09:51 AM by oldkyhome »

Public Domain, via Flickr

Excerpts from the FOX Presidential Town Hall with Josh Hawley
Riding off a wave of momentum, the Hawley campaign was able to secure a town hall on Fox News the night before the primary, where he introduced himself to a nationwide audience by answering questions ranging from what motivated him to run for President to his ability to lead as President and much more.

Q1: "As a Senator, do you think you have the experience necessary to lead the nation compared with someone like Governor DeSantis?"

"Thank you for the question, Cindy. I want to first say that I have a lot of respect for many of the accomplishments DeSantis has made during his tenure in Florida, but Florida is not Washington. The most important question we'll need to ask ourselves when we're electing our next President is, can they stand up to the special interests that infect D.C? Can they lead independently and resist the influence of high-dollar donors? What we've seen in recent months is, DeSantis can't. He's coddled up to them, accepted their support, and now he's colluding with other candidates to tip the race in his favor. How can we expect him to stand up to the same people that are electing him?

That's why I'm running a campaign that's powered by the grassroots and not powerful D.C interests. I know Washington, I've been there for 6 years after the people of Missouri sent me there, and if I'm elected President, I would lead independently for the American people without fear or favor to the powers that be."

Q2: "Senator Hawley, what is your foreign policy vision for the country?"

"(nods) That's a pretty broad question, but I'll try and answer it as concise as possible. I believe we need to put America first. What this President, and several before him, have done is just the opposite. They've sold a raw deal to the American people, embroiling us in wars we have no business being, selling out our sovereignty to foreign organizations, and outsourcing good-paying jobs to China and Mexico. Recently this President has had us blowing hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars in Ukraine, with no oversight, no accountability. We don't know where it's going. This money would be much better spent here at home. It's got to end, and I will put a stop to it."

Q3: "If you are elected President, you would be the 3rd youngest President in American history. Do you think this makes you too inexperienced for the job?"

"Not at all. The next youngest Presidents were John Kennedy and Teddy Roosevelt. I think I'm in good company. The problem with Washington today is it's too archaic, too old to deal with the problems we face today. The people running the show today have been in the D.C crowd their whole life. They don't represent us. In times like this, we need more fresh voices, to articulate different debates, present new priorities, and create innovative solutions. I believe my youth is an asset to that, not a liability."

Q4: "Senator Hawley, what do you think motivated you to run for President?"

"Given the state of the country under Biden, there's really no shortage of reasons to run for President, but if there's one thing that pushed me over the line, it would be my wife, Erin. When we sat down back in January of last year and decided if running for President was worth it, she was incredibly supportive, and throughout this campaign she has been my rock. She's sitting over there in the audience. I am incredibly blessed to have her by my side. I don't think I would be standing on this stage without her encouragement. And for the record, I think she would make a fantastic First Lady."

Q5: "Do you think you can beat Kamala Harris in November?"

"That's a good question. I think, first and foremost, the Vice President can't be counted out. As we saw in the last midterms, when we run on more of the same, more Washington cronyism and insider politics, while ignoring the real pain working people are feeling across this country, we lose. If we want to win in 2024, we have to provide voters with an alternative. I'm running for President to build a coalition of people, people that are dissatisfied with this administration but also dissatisfied with the state of the Republican Party, to give a voice to people who have been forgotten and left behind by Washington. If we do that, if we build that kind of coalition, we will not only win against Kamala or anyone the Democrats nominate, we will win the House, we will win the Senate, and we will win the next generation of American politics."
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2023, 03:53:30 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2023, 04:46:32 PM by Kuumo »

Gretchen Whitmer Campaign Ad #2

[ad shows videos of three voters explaining why they support Gretchen Whitmer for President]

Hi, I'm Jeff, bakery owner and father of three in Derry. I'm a lifelong Republican, but I'm fed up with the division and virtue signaling on both sides of the aisle. From progressives calling for opening the border and defunding the police to conservatives denying election results and trying to cut entitlements, I've had enough of the toxicity of today's politics. There's only one candidate running who's willing to work with anyone and get down to business on the issues that matter. That's Gretchen Whitmer.

I'm Cynthia, public school teacher in Whitefield. I'm voting for Gretchen Whitmer because she's proven her commitment to education through her active role in HB 4411, the largest investment in Michigan public schools in state history. It ensured additional funding for historically neglected districts and expanded access to preschool, special ed, and mental health resources across the state. As a teacher, that means a lot to me.

My name is Keith. I've worked in the steel industry here in Dover for 30 years. I support Governor Whitmer because she's been willing to stand up for people like me, my coworkers, and my family through repealing right-to-work, improving workplace protections, and raising the minimum wage. We need the next President to be someone who listens to the concerns of everyday Americans and does everything she can to help.

[Whitmer campaign logo on dark background]

I'm Gretchen Whitmer, and I approve this message.

Ad runs in New Hampshire from January 1st to February 6th.

Gretchen Whitmer Campaign Ad #3

[ad shows video of a police officer talking to the camera followed by clips of Gretchen Whitmer meeting with community leaders in the Las Vegas area]

Hi, I'm Diego. I'm a police officer in North Las Vegas. The last couple of years, we've seen a surge in crime in here. It's easy to politicize this. A lot of candidates running for President are doing just that. But the real answer is that we don't need catchy slogans about being tough on crime or abolishing prisons. We need someone who's willing to visit our neighborhoods and get an on-the-ground look at the reasons why our communities have struggled. Out of everyone running, I trust Gretchen Whitmer to reform our justice system, invest in our communities, and keep us safe.

[Whitmer campaign logo on dark background]

I'm Gretchen Whitmer, and I approve this message.

Ad runs in both English and Spanish in the Las Vegas media market from January 1st to February 6th.
RGM2609
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2023, 06:07:35 PM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

The wheels of Newsom Campaign's operation in Nevada started coming together from his announcement speech in Reno and arecharging full speed ahead in the final days. The GOTV efforts focus especially on Latinos and White Liberals, with a shift to the left being noticed in the final ads and campaign materials.

With the Merkley campaign deciding not to contest the state, Newsom decided to make moves for that portion of the electorate. On February 5th, Newsom flew to Las Vegas where he held a rally together with Susie Lee before ending his efforts with an event in Reno. In both speeches he highlighted the progressiveness of his positions, mentioning his heathcare plan  and his fight to get Dark Money out of politics while also underlining that "Nevada decides whether we nominate someone who can win."

As the day passed and February 6th came, Newsom spent the day trying to coordinate the massive GOTV effort and preparing both a victory speech and a speech announcing his dropping out of the race as counted the minutes until polls close.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2023, 07:09:41 PM »

New Hampshire and Nevada Results Coverage

Tapper: Welcome to CNN, America's Election Headquarters, I'm Jake Tapper, and we're going headfirst into our coverage of two more states tonight, the New Hampshire primary, for both parties, and the Nevada primary on the Democratic side. It's been a long rocky road since Joe Biden and Donald Trump concluded their campaigns for President in just about the same month. In that time the 2024 campaign has panned out in frankly, a way nobody could have predicted. Iowa saw the shocking defeat of presumed frontrunner Ron DeSantis on the Republican side, and the shock comeback of Al Gore in South Carolina, finishing right behind Democratic frontrunner Kamala Harris. That was only a few days ago, now we turn to the Granite State. In the last few days, the news has been full of the Stone Truckers, a substantial convoy of truckers supporting Roger Stone's surprisingly popular, libertarian populist campaign for President. They've blockaded many roadways in New Hampshire and filled up the local news in that state. The Democratic side sees a pitched fight as well, with the late resurgence of Al Gore and Jeff Merkley upsetting presumed frontrunners for the state Pete Buttigieg, Gretchen Whitmer, and Gavin Newsom. It's 8'clock on the east coast and that means polls in New Hampshire have closed.

We're staying that the New Hampshire primary on both sides of the aisle is too early to call. We're not prepared to say anything about the top tier of candidates on the Democratic side, it is too close according to our exit polls, but on the Republican side, we feel prepared to say that their is a top tier, in no particular order, of Roger Stone, Ron DeSantis, and Glenn Youngkin. It seems that DeSantis is depending on a win here after a loss in Iowa, but he can survive a loss perhaps. Glenn Youngkin has banked a lot on this state. I don't think anybody knows what to expect from Roger Stone. I'm now going to take you to John King on the magic wall, who I believe has early results for us.

King: Jake we're getting our first results right now. We've got some towns fully reporting actually, in central New Hampshire, Salisbury is in. Wow check out Salisbury, Roger Stone with a tremendous lead there, that's a town that Ron Paul won 12 years ago, that Donald Trump won 8 years ago, that Don Bolduc, a Stone backer, won almost two years ago in the primary for U.S. Senate. Stone is at 39% of the vote there, Josh Hawley is at 31%. Nearby Bradford is a similar story, Paul, Trump, Bolduc, Stone. Bolduc was just around 43% there, Stone is at 32% now. But Stone's problem is that these areas are low population, a handful of votes being reported, Stone will net maybe a hundred votes here. Now, the bulk of the vote we have now is from the Massachusetts border area, Mitt Romney was very strong here when he ran for President, a lot of ex-Massachusetts residents here who like low taxes, business conservatives, not exactly Stone or Josh Hawley's base. Salem, Kingston, Windham, Derry, a lot more votes there, and look at that. Roger Stone is at around 5%, Hawley maybe a little higher. The story is there is check this out, Glenn Youngkin ahead, DeSantis right behind him. Youngkin is carrying all these towns right now, save Danville in which Governor DeSantis is ahead. Very interesting educational, population-based divide here in New Hampshire. 

Tapper: What about the Democrats?

King: We're watching that too, same towns reporting. In those small towns we mentioned before, it looks like Jeff Merkley and Gretchen Whitmer are both taking one. But let's look at these Massachusetts border areas we mentioned before. This was Buttigieg country back in 2020 but the South Bend Mayor's withdrawal left these votes up for grabs. Right now it looks like Al Gore and Gretchen Whitmer are strong, both of them in the upper echelons, with Merkley, Harris, Newsom, and Gillibrand trailing behind them. But we've got a long way to go.

Al Gore: 24% | 3,215
Gretchen Whitmer: 20% | 2,678
Gavin Newsom: 16% | 2,143
Jeff Merkley: 16% | 2,102
Kirsten Gillibrand: 10% | 1,339
Kamala Harris: 9% | 1,121
Pete Buttigieg: 2% | 264
Eric Adams: 2% | 212
Ro Khanna: <1% | 98

Glenn Youngkin: 30% | 3,887
Ron DeSantis: 28% | 3,628
Roger Stone: 15% | 1,943
Josh Hawley: 10% | 1,648
Kari Lake: 10% | 1,296
Nikki Haley: 3% | 511
Matt Gaetz: 3% | 402
Larry Hogan: 1%| 129
Justin Amash: <1% | 54
Lin Wood: <1% | 1

Total Precincts Reporting: ~5%

Note to All: Sorry for the delay, was exhausted this afternoon for unrelated reasons.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2023, 07:18:21 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2023, 01:48:26 AM by oldkyhome »

New Hampshire: Hawley's First Test

Capping off a string of major events in the final days before New Hampshire, Hawley held the closing rally of the stretch in Keene, where he made one last pitch to voters to sway them to his side for tomorrow's primary. Attendants remarked that his message was 'straightforward, but visceral' as he took dead aim at DeSantis for 'working at the behest of the party' and 'tipping the scales in the most deliberate, reprehensible fashion.' Hawley finished off the speech speaking more broadly on the issue of corruption, highlighting the need to elect someone who didn't 'play ball with special interests', and urged New Hampshire's independent-minded voters to not 'reward DeSantis's power-play.'

The morning after, Sen. Hawley met with his New Hampshire team to discuss where the campaign stood and what his odds were of cracking 20% or more (which was what they had set as a benchmark for success). It was hard to predict how it would all unfold, given how much had occurred in the span of 3 days, but his staff was optimistic about his chances of performing strongly for a few reasons:

1. Shoring Up Rural Voters.
A key part of Hawley's Iowa coalition was the margins he won the countryside by. Like in Iowa, Hawley's New Hampshire Team had wagered much on his ability to win and drive home voters in small towns and remote villages alike. Rural voters constituted over a third of the Republican electorate in New Hampshire, which, while less than Iowa, was still a significant portion of the electorate that could decide the race. Team Hawley predicted that, in the aftermath of his Iowa win, rural New Hampshirites would start to coalesce around the Missouri Senator as his message began to hit the airwaves and dominate the press.

2. Taking a Different Approach.
Although it was clear Roger Stone was trying to break the noise by staging a strong ground-game effort in New Hampshire, there's only so much ground you can gain in 3 mere days. In stark contrast, Hawley's campaign focused on staying in the headlines and holding massive events that would paint the picture of a surging national frontrunner. The team began cutting ads that would promote that narrative (see: Ad #7) and sought to place Hawley in the spotlight as much as possible to appeal to voters who were growingly dissatisfied with DeSantis's campaign.

3. Flexing Law Enforcement Endorsements.
In January, Sen. Hawley received the crucial endorsement of the New Hampshire Police Association. The campaign felt this had bolstered their efforts on the ground, and they touted it relentlessly in flyers, pamphlets, and even radio ads (see: Ad #9). In the final days of the primary, as many voters were making their final decisions, staffers sought out to recruit retired or current police officers into the campaign's GOTV operation. Though it was niche, Team Hawley felt they effectively drove home the message that the Missouri Senator was the one-and-only candidate of law enforcement, which aligned neatly with Hawley's broader tough lawyer persona that he was selling to voters. Could that flip undecided voters? We'll have to wait to see.

As Hawley settled in that night with his campaign's venue, his aides eagerly waited to see whether their efforts had paid off. It was impossible to say how the night would unfold, but regardless it would mark the first test of his national efforts.

(Edit: Just wanna be clear Dave gave me the okay to post this. I had it pretty much done and was finishing it up when the results came in.)

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2023, 08:45:14 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2023, 08:56:32 PM by KaiserDave »

Tapper: John as I understand it we've gotten a substantial new batch of votes, what's going on.

King: That's right Jake, we've received a great amount of votes, this time from urban New Hampshire, Manchester, Nashua, Keene, and parts of the seacoast. When we talk about Massachusetts influenced parts of the Granite State, Nashua is ground zero. And we can see a pattern, Glenn Youngkin is ahead, DeSantis behind him. But if you're in the DeSantis camp, these numbers on the seacoast are worrying, Youngkin running up a 10-point lead in Portsmouth, a 12 point lead in Rye, 11 point lead in Seabrook. DeSantis is gonna want to hope that rural New Hampshire is killing Youngkin. So let's check rural New Hampshire. We're getting a few pieces of data from Grafton county, Belknap county, Coos county, a lot less urban. Bad news for Governor Youngkin, where he's lucky to get 5% in these towns, he's at 4% here in Rumney, not good. Better news for Stone in these areas, where he's either ahead or right behind Hawley. Now speaking of Stone, he's running up monster numbers in what rural areas we have (which isn't much), he's getting annihilated in the cities. Let's check Manchester, where he's at 6%, or Nashua, 9%. Concord, 3%.

Tapper: What does that have to do with the truckers blockades we witnessed? They were huge in local media.

King: Well, safe to say that high-education, business Republicans were having none of this. They're punishing Roger Stone tonight. Concord, the site of the biggest events, seems to have responded with the greatest vitriol, maybe they can get together with Ottawa residents and chat. To get the revolution he's looking for he's gonna have to hope the remaining rural vote is really strong for him.

Tapper: How about the Democrats?

King: Jeff Merkley held his massive progressive unity rally at UNH's main campus, in Durham. Watch this, he's at 34% in Durham, if that stands, that's more than Bernie Sanders got in 2020. That has got to be making progressives absolutely giddy right now. He's also seeing favorable returns in curiously, a lot of small towns in Grafton County, but most of the vote right now is urban. Merkley is strong there as well, he's ahead in Manchester and in Nashua. Promising. Governor Newsom also seeing promising numbers in the cities. Al Gore, and Gretchen Whitmer, they're looking strong in the seacoast, which is quite affluent. Al Gore is narrowly ahead in Hampton right now, which is populous. Senator Gillibrand we can see doing alright, but she'd need to find a lot votes elsewhere in the state to make a top 3 finish. Hard to see that, but you never know.

Jeff Merkley: 23% | 18,484
Al Gore: 19% | 15,270
Gretchen Whitmer: 16% | 12,859
Gavin Newsom: 16% | 12,613
Kirsten Gillibrand: 11% | 8,840
Kamala Harris: 10% | 8,037
Pete Buttigieg: 2% | 1,607
Eric Adams: 2% | 1,581
Ro Khanna: <1% | 347

Glenn Youngkin: 33% | 25,653
Ron DeSantis: 25% | 19,434
Josh Hawley: 14% | 10,883
Roger Stone: 12% | 6,226
Kari Lake: 8% | 5,742
Matt Gaetz: 4% | 3,109
Nikki Haley: 3% | 2,332
Larry Hogan: 1%| 777
Justin Amash: <1% | 254
Lin Wood: <1% | 23

Total Precincts Reporting: ~30%

Note to All: It will be faster now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIohB1PmvfM
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2023, 09:16:38 PM »

LIN WOOD DECLARES VICTORY ONCE AGAIN AFTER DISASTROUS PERFORMANCE IN NEVADA

In the early morning hours following the Nevada GOP results, disgraced attorney and conspiracy theorist Lin Wood, who's currently sitting at 23 votes as of the most recent update, declared victory. He issued the following press release, which every major network ignored except for Newsmax and OANN.

Thank you, Nevada! I was so happy to see the reports that we won by 23 points! The lamestream media wants to say that I only got 23 votes, but I'm using my OPPOSITE DAY button. Now I win by 23 points. Some call me Mohammad. Anyway, I want to thank the great people of NEVADA for their support. I also want to thank the kind folks at The Venetian Hotel and Casino for letting me get married in the middle of their casino. My wives were very angry that I gambled away our life savings along with the $25 we raised this campaign. Don't tell the FEC though! Now we push to the next state, which is either in the South, the West, East, or the North. Thank you again to my good friend, Ben Carson...'s sister's maid for her support. In other news, there are a whopping 2 votes on my VP poll. It's a tie between two write-in options. Please keep voting and SMASH that like and subscribe button and don't forget to click the bell so you'll get notified when I post more videos. Don't forget to click the link in my bio which will take you to my campaign Onlyfans. There is some seriously disgusting content that you can't wait to see.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2023, 09:21:24 PM »

Tapper: We're now going to go back to John King at the magic wall for another update from New Hampshire.

King: We're getting a much more complete picture right now, we have right now some 75% of the vote in. We have got a lot, a lot of vote from small towns and rural areas across New Hampshire, which has heavily rebalanced the very urban sample we had earlier. Coos County, Belknap County, Carroll, Grafton, and more across the state. Let's take a look, Stone running up more impressive numbers, Hawley right behind him, ahead in a few counties. Very impressive numbers from Stone. But here's the deal, what we're witnessing is almost two different states. In the cities, in the educated suburbs, on the border with Massachusetts, there's a top tier of Youngkin or Desantis, then a big, big gap, then usually Senator Hawley, sometimes Lake or even Congressman Matt Gaetz here in Durham. In lower population, lower education areas, it's Stone, or Hawley, then Lake or Governor DeSantis, and a big gap down to Governor Youngkin. The good news for Governor DeSantis is that while Youngkin is getting shelled in rural New Hampshire, he's holding up ago, maybe DeSantis can eke out a win after all.

Tapper: And the Democrats?

King: A narrowing race. Al Gore, as well as Governor Gretchen Whitmer, are closing in on the Oregon Senator. A lot of the rural vote has been more favorable to their campaigns, to the detriment of Merkley and also of Governor Newsom. But I'd like to point out that Senator Merkley is holding up alright, he's up in Haverhill, in Lincoln, in Stewartstown which only reported about 40 total votes. Dixville Notch, the first in the nation counting township, voted for Governor Whitmer, fun bit of trivia there. Very embarrassing performance for Vice President Harris, she's behind Senator Gillibrand right, if barely, she's got to hope the remaining vote, which is a mix of suburban, urban, and rural is favorable to her.

Jeff Merkley: 22% | 44,202
Al Gore: 20% | 40,183
Gretchen Whitmer: 18% | 36,165
Gavin Newsom: 14% | 29,129
Kirsten Gillibrand: 10% | 20,092
Kamala Harris: 10% | 20,081
Pete Buttigieg: 2% | 4,018
Eric Adams: 2% | 3,967
Ro Khanna: <1% | 1,007

Glenn Youngkin: 25% | 48,586
Ron DeSantis: 22% | 42,755
Roger Stone: 18% | 34,982
Josh Hawley: 16% | 31,095
Kari Lake: 11% | 21,379
Matt Gaetz: 5% | 9,717
Nikki Haley: 2% | 3,887
Larry Hogan: 1%| 1,943
Justin Amash: <1% | 814
Lin Wood: <1% | 56

Total Precincts Reporting: ~75%

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2023, 09:48:58 PM »

Tapper: With a new vote batch from New Hampshire, we have not one but two projections for the New Hampshire primary, in a razor thin contest.

(Thank you OldKyHome, and CNN, up your game your graphics just ain't as clean)

Tapper: With new votes from New Hampshire, we can project that in a shocking turn of events, two surprise winners from the Granite State, Governor Glenn Youngkin of the state of Virginia, and Jeff Merkley of Oregon, a few months ago, either of these results would be inconceivable, but today, they're champions of New Hampshire. This nominating process it seems, it's far, far from over. We'll have numbers from Nevada soon.

Jeff Merkley: 21% | 55,695 ✓
Al Gore: 20% | 53,042
Gretchen Whitmer: 18% | 47,738
Gavin Newsom: 15% | 39,781
Kirsten Gillibrand: 10% | 26,521
Kamala Harris: 10% | 26,494
Pete Buttigieg: 2% | 5,304
Eric Adams: 2% | 4,762
Ro Khanna: <1% | 1,907

Glenn Youngkin: 24% | 61,568 ✓
Ron DeSantis: 23% | 59,001
Roger Stone: 19% | 48,741
Josh Hawley: 17% | 43,610
Kari Lake: 10% | 25,653
Matt Gaetz: 5% | 12,826
Nikki Haley: 2% | 4,567
Larry Hogan: <1%| 2,243
Justin Amash: <1% | 934
Lin Wood: <1% | 69

Total Precincts Reporting: ~99%

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2023, 10:30:13 PM »

Tapper: Polls have closed in the Nevada Democratic primary, and we have a projection.

We are saying the Nevada Democratic primary is, too close to call. We're further saying that there is a self-evident top tier of Governor Gavin Newsom, and Vice President Kamala Harris. The situation is obviously very early, but we do have some early results from a precinct in North Vegas.

Kamala Harris: 32% | 526
Gavin Newsom: 27% | 444
Eric Adams: 15% | 247
Gretchen Whitmer: 9% | 148
Al Gore: 7% | 115
Jeff Merkley: 5% | 82
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2% | 33
Ro Khanna: 2% | 27
Pete Buttigieg: 1% | 17

Total Precincts Reporting: ~1%

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2023, 10:55:46 PM »

Tapper: We've got a hefty amount of votes now from Nevada, so we'll turn now to John King at the magic wall.

King: Thanks Jake. Nevada has almost half the vote in, and it's Governor Newsom who's ahead of the Vice President. Why's that, let's see. Washoe County, home of Reno, is part of the reason, it has reported a vast majority of its vote and the Governor has a strong lead there. Nevada has two big hubs of Democratic vote, Washoe and Clark County, home of Las Vegas. Reno is more white, and even slightly more Hispanic than Clark, a good formula for the Governor. Newsom is winning Washoe County, by 5%, tonight. But Clark has a lot to go, and he's down by 3 there at the moment. Vice President Harris is depending on strong African American turnout in Nevada, as well as decent numbers among white voters. If we look at Clark, she is doing alright. The Culinary Union, which has thousands of members and provides a lot of benefits and power to their members, is key to Vegas politics, they don't endorse in primaries, but their membership is still key to any primary victory. It's Harris whose ahead in those key precincts right now, but its early, and the California Governor shows signs of promise.

Gavin Newsom: 26% | 17,097
Kamala Harris: 23% | 15,124
Gretchen Whitmer: 16% | 10,521
Eric Adams: 11% | 7,233
Al Gore: 9% | 5,918
Jeff Merkley: 9% | 5,764
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2% | 1,315
Ro Khanna: 2% | 1,123
Pete Buttigieg: 1% | 656

Total Precincts Reporting: ~40%

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2023, 11:13:38 PM »

Tapper: Now we'll turn back to John King at the magic wall, now that Nevada has a majority of its vote counted.

King: The Nevada picture is starting to be filled in. We have 75% of the vote reported, and it's a razor-thin race between Governor Newsom and Vice President Harris. Harris is gaining slowly from returns from Clark County, where she is stronger than in Washoe County. I think now, as we wait for the remaining vote, which is Clark and also from Washoe, and other places, is whether there is enough vote out in Clark, that will favor the Vice President, to outweigh the remaining likely Newsom vote in Washoe County, and Carson City. Generally, the Vice President is stronger with black voters, Governor Newsom with Hispanic voters, and white voters are heavily contested between them. Governor Newsom stronger in the north and west, and the Vice President here in Vegas. Time will tell Jake.

Kamala Harris: 25% | 30,824
Gavin Newsom: 24% | 29,591
Gretchen Whitmer: 14% | 17,261
Jeff Merkley: 11% | 13,563
Eric Adams: 10% | 12,330
Al Gore: 10% | 12,271
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2% | 2,466
Ro Khanna: 2% | 2,346
Pete Buttigieg: 1% | 1,314

Total Precincts Reporting: ~75%

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2023, 11:32:34 PM »

Tapper: Well, hold on, we've got a new vote batch from Clark County, and with that a projection in the Nevada primary.

Tapper: That's a must-have victory for the Vice President on a night that has been otherwise very difficult for her. With this win, it makes up for a bad performance in New Hampshire. She will narrowly take the Nevada primary, with Governor Newsom behind her, now the question is, will the Governor continue?

Kamala Harris: 26% | 42,315 ✓
Gavin Newsom: 24% | 39,060
Gretchen Whitmer: 15% | 24,413
Jeff Merkley: 10% | 16,275
Eric Adams: 10% | 16,001
Al Gore: 9% | 14,648
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2% | 3,255 
Ro Khanna: 2% | 3,119
Pete Buttigieg: 1% | 1,628

Total Precincts Reporting: ~99%

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22  
« previous next »