What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:45:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17697 times)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: January 16, 2023, 03:19:11 PM »

Matt Gaetz Debate Rebuttals

To Josh Hawley

"I would propose that we pass my 'Love America Act' which would require that all recipients of federal funding teach kids about the greatness of our country by requiring students to learn about our Declaration of Independence, our Constitution, and our Bill of Rights. Some on this stage say the solution is just the opposite, that we should just leave it to localities and individual teachers. That's code for abdication. The next President has to stand up and fight this plague, and unlike others I will not hesitate to get in the ring."

How can you claim to fight against wokism in our schools when you’re using the exact same logic as the radical left, of big government micromanaging our communities? The truth is, Senator, just like these liberals, you’re an elitist at heart, obsessed with Washington issuing social-engineering dictates which treat the hardworking folks of the Heartland with contempt.

To Ron DeSantis

Governor, you’ve spoken a lot about how you support President Trump’s policies, but where were you when he needed you the most? Why didn’t you speak out when the DOJ came for him, do something to stop the Biden agents running around the very state you run? That’s right, because you were actually delighted that they were clearing the field for your primary run.
RGM2609
« Reply #301 on: January 16, 2023, 03:51:59 PM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

"She really thought she could come to California and just shut me up" Gavin mused to himself while looking at Harris's numbers dropping across the board. "Not so entitled now, are we?". He was happy he had done his part in denying her the nomination. Now it was all up to Gore. He started worrying again, but an aide entered to interrupt. The crowd in Nashua was awaiting him. He put on his best smile and entered the room to raucous cheers. Here is a fragment of the speech:

"Thank you, thank you Nashua! Thank you so much! In the past months in which I criss-crossed New Hampshire, listening to the citizens here, I realized what our Party truly needs. First of all, it needs someone who can unite it, and I am the person to do it. I share the progressive values of our electorate and the track record of implementing them. I put forward a policy platform supported by folks from all around the Democratic spectrum. But just as importantly, we need someone who can win. Someone with a -20 approval rating can not win. Someone who has been losing poll after poll after poll is...not a good bet. I have won every election I participated in, I have a record of winning despite sometimes overwhelming opposition, and I bring to the table my experience and my values. With me as the nominee, we will win the General Election!"
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2023, 05:07:19 PM »

GLENN YOUNGKIN 2024: AMERICA, RENEWED

1. Under President Biden America has witnessed a shocking border crisis, with total madness and chaos as thousands of people and unlimited drugs, fentanyl, cocaine, pours into the United States. What steps will you take to bring this crisis under control, and also, how do you approach immigration in general? Do we need controls on all immigration?

Look, the Biden administration's Open Border policy has been a disaster, and every state - not just those on the Southern border - is suffering for it. In Virginia, well over 1,000 miles from the Mexican border, we've seen a surge in fentanyl abuse, and it's no secret where these dangerous drugs are coming from. As President, I'll address this crisis on Day 1. Instead of hiring more IRS agents to take your hard-earned income, we're going to hire more ICE agents to take crime off your streets. We're going to crack down on illegal immigration and drug trafficking. We're going to secure our Southern border with better manpower, better technology, and for the first time since President Trump, an actual commitment to keeping Americans safe. Thanks to liberal negligence, every state is now a border state. I'm gonna fight like hell to make sure it doesn't stay that way.

2. Raise your hand if you support cost-controlling reforms to entitlement programs that Senate and House Republicans such as Scott Perry and Jim Jordan are supporting. (You may write one sentence)
does not raise hand I do not support this legislation.

3. Do you support continued monetary and weapons aide to Ukraine in their fight against Putin's Russia?

Absolutely. Ukraine's noble fight against Russian aggression is a fight for Western values, for democracy, liberty, and the rule of law. We should do whatever we can to secure a Ukrainian victory.

4. What will you do to end the spread of Marxism, woke ideology, and Critical Race Theory in America's public schools?
Two words - parental empowerment. I've talked to many concerned parents during my travels on the campaign trail, and they have all had enough of the woke nonsense that's being forced upon their children by the radical liberals running the schools. It's past time that we put parents back in control of their kids's educations - they deserve a voice at the table, a chance to speak up for their children and demand an end to the politicization of our education system. As President, I will fight - just like I have in Virginia - to uplift their voices and bring American education back to basics. We're going to educate our children, not indoctrinate them.

5. Do you believe that free trade is a net benefit for the American economy?
Free trade is good. Fair trade is better. There are bad actors like China who seek to exploit Americans and choose to grab global power over good-faith, mutually-beneficial economic development. Free trade with countries who are just lookin' for the chance to stab America in the back is not fair trade, and it hurts American workers and American businesses. As your President, I will ensure that America is open for business - but we're not going to stand for bad deals anymore.

To Governor Youngkin: You've staked a lot of your campaign on your ability to win in Virginia, a state Biden won by 10. Do you think there are any Republicans running for President right now who are not electable?
Look, at the end of the day, it's clear. The silent majority of Americans - from the cities to the country, Republicans, Independents, and even some Democrats - are sick and tired of the inflation and crime the Biden administration has let run wild. And if we want to put a stop to liberal nonsense, we need a candidate that can tap into this frustration, a candidate that can reach across traditional party lines to build a winning coalition across all 50 states. I'm committed to being that candidate, and I believe my victory in 2021 and my proven ability to appeal to voters past Republican Parties have written off show that I am the most electable candidate.

For the sake of party unity, I hesitate to speak ill of my fellow Republicans, who are all eager to end failed liberal rule in Washington. I hope that no matter the identity of our eventual nominee, that they will be able to beat the Democrats and retake the White House. Ultimately, though, we need a candidate with a strong, scandal-free pedigree, appeal to Americans for all walks of life, and a proven ability and commitment to win. And I am that candidate.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #303 on: January 16, 2023, 05:10:30 PM »

GLENN YOUNGKIN 2024: AMERICA, RENEWED

Winter Strategy Update

As autumn turned to winter, the Youngkin campaign gained significant momentum, powered by his broadly appealing calls for reform and renewal in America. Youngkin saw robust improvement in polling, pulling into second in New Hampshire while gaining ground nationally. And, with an endorsement from former rival Larry Hogan in pocket, Youngkin no longer faced opposition from the center, and secured yet another advantage in the contest for the crucial endorsement of New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu. Victories previously thought impossible were now within grasp, and the Youngkin campaign headed into December and January ready to capitalize.

Pundits are now talking seriously about the possibility of a Youngkin win in New Hampshire, and the campaign will do their utmost to make that dream reality. Winning strategies from the fall will be carried over into the winter twofold - following the conclusion of the Virginia legislative elections, Youngkin will continue his intensive canvassing of the Granite State, meeting and greeting voters and making stump speech after stump speech on his promises to slash taxes and pork barrel spending, clean up the streets, and bring sanity back to education - in other words, an America, renewed. While his focused campaign message will do most of the work, Youngkin will also aim to bring former Hogan voters into the fold. In a major event with the former Maryland governor in Concord, Youngkin will tout his commitment to pragmatic governance and respect for institutions alongside his firmly conservative values, and will ask Governor Hogan and his former campaign staff to help win donors and primary voters over, contrasting Youngkin - a suave, upstanding, scandal-free family man - with the chaotic scandals and mudslinging that has otherwise dominated the narrative of the Republican primary. And, while only a formality at this point, remaining campaign resources in Iowa and South Carolina will be moved to New Hampshire. While Youngkin will spend the majority of his time in New Hampshire, he will continue to dedicate resources to the Nevada contest and Asian outreach.

Kuumo

P P
« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2023, 05:12:29 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2023, 05:21:23 PM by Kuumo »

Whitmer Campaign Fall Strategy

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2023/01/01/PLSJ/85881d7a-5a7b-4bd8-b0be-fcf4dfae7834-Whitmer_Inauguration-3.jpg?crop=2399%2C1350%2Cx0%2Cy276&width=1200

The Whitmer campaign took advantage of its momentum following the Philadelphia debate to further strengthen the governor's position in New Hampshire and Nevada. The primary focus was on New Hampshire, where the declining poll numbers of Secretary Buttigieg and the recent endorsement of Senator Klobuchar seemed to validate her plan for winning the state through a coalition of organized labor, suburban women, rural Democrats, and moderate independents. In Nevada, Whitmer doubled down on efforts to increase her support among unionized workers and the black, Latino, and Asian communities in the state. In Michigan, to counter attempts by other candidates to contest the state, Lieutenant Governor Gilchrist and Senator Peters campaigned for Whitmer, with the former focusing on black communities to defend against Vice President Harris's efforts to build inroads. The remaining campaign resources in South Carolina were withdrawn, as the Whitmer campaign sees former Vice President Gore and Mayor Adams as the only viable challengers to Vice President Harris there.

As one of the youngest candidates left in the race, Whitmer reached out to Millennial and Gen Z voters by emphasizing her green energy initiatives as governor and her role in increasing the minimum wage as a state senator and portraying herself as one of a new generation of Democratic leaders.

October 2023

Whitmer went all in on New Hampshire, relentlessly barnstorming the state to reach low-propensity primary voters. Frequently accompanied by Senator Klobuchar and former Representative Carol Shea-Porter, the governor made the case for being the most electable Democratic candidate and an experienced executive and legislator who could get her agenda passed in Washington.

November 2023

Whitmer met individually with leaders of the Culinary Union and with immigrant advocacy groups in Las Vegas. She also met with black, Latino, and Asian community leaders in the area and held a town hall at UNLV before heading north for campaign stops in the rural communities of Pioche, Ely, Elko, and Winnemucca. Her tour of the state ended in Reno with two town halls and more meetings with labor and community leaders.

Statement on 11/8 attacks:

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the five people who died in the line of duty today . . .

We've seen a disturbing number of domestic terrorism incidents recently. I've even had one targeting me. But we can overcome this. The forces of fear will not win.

December 2023

Other than one more weekend of events in New Hampshire, December was largely quiet in terms of travel, with Whitmer focusing on her duties as governor and working with her campaign team in Lansing.

January 2024

Whitmer returned to New Hampshire and campaigned there for a few more weeks before returning to campaign headquarters in Lansing just in time for the South Carolina primary results.

Campaign ad run in the Boston, Las Vegas, and Reno media markets:

Hi, I’m Gretchen Whitmer.

[Whitmer standing in a public park]

Tired of the gridlock and grandstanding in Washington? Had enough of politicians who are all talk and no action?

[U.S. Capitol with overlaid images of Mitch McConnell and Steve Scalise and stock photos of offices and corporate boardrooms]

Growing up in Lansing, Michigan, my parents instilled in me the value of hard work. My first jobs were working in a lumber yard and stocking shelves at Target.

[footage of workers at a lumber yard]

Here in Lansing, I’ve done as much as possible to make life better for everyday Michiganders. From raising the minimum wage, to expanding Medicaid, to fighting for reproductive rights and collective bargaining, to transitioning the economy toward a carbon-neutral future, I’ve worked with people from all walks of life to build a better future. In the White House, I’ll bring that same can-do attitude and do what it takes to tackle the problems America faces today.

[image of Michigan State Capitol followed by footage of Whitmer talking to various people]

I’m Gretchen Whitmer, and I approve this message.

[Whitmer campaign logo on dark background]
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2023, 05:38:14 PM »

December 2023 and January 2024

After concentrating on local New York City business such as the 2024 budget at the very end of 2023, Eric Adams embarked on his final campaign tour before the start of the primaries. His strategy keeps the main focus on South Carolina (and nearby Georgia), which is obviously very crowded but where the mayor is confident in at least a second place finish that would serve as a launchpad by proving the strength of his base, and where he is spending the very last stretch of the campaign, moving through Charleston, Columbia, Summerville, Savannah, Augusta and so on. However in the spirit of eclecticism and trying to find openings and be news-worthy, he also made another unusual move and visited Liberal, KS, where he spoke to a crowd of mostly Hispanic National Beef workers and repeated his commitment to labour and minority rights. For similar reasons he also paid a visit to old UFW leader and Mexican-American icon Dolores Huerta in California, whose slogan sí se puede has featured in many of Adams' speeches.

"Fight The Power" by Public Enemy plays in the background...
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2023, 05:53:45 PM »

Kamala: For the People
Ad #2: Around the Table. Aired in South Carolina Markets; Radio and Television

CUT TO: Vice President Harris in her kitchen making sandwiches while her family sits at the table

VP Harris:
"Doug! Do you want tomatoes?"

Doug:
"No thanks babe!"

VP Harris:
"A little bit of mustard…"

(Kamala looks up at camera)

"Oh, hey there! Welcome to the Vice President’s residence!"

(As Kamala continues talking the camera cuts to Kamala laughing with her family while eating the sandwiches)

"It’s a very fancy house, but we’ve been trying to make it a home these last few years."

"It's always a comforting thought to know that I’m not really THE Vice President, I’m a person who happens to be Vice President."

"I laugh like you, I try like you."

(Kamala is holding a sandwich and about to eat it)

"I like my tuna salad sandwiches without mayonnaise, like MOST of you (whispers) don’t tell Mark Warner!"

(Bites into sandwich)

"I don’t hate the rich, but I went to help the poor so that every family can sit down for a meal like this one."

(Cuts to Kamala picking up the plate of finished sandwiches)

"I know that companies and healthcare providers can bring joy to a lot of people, but that they’re also failing millions of us, and there needs to be some sort of other option!"

"I like the thought of having effective border security, but it also never stops hurting when I see people at our southern border, being demonized for wanting a better life! If you don’t mind, South Carolina, let’s provide some options so that we can make the process cleaner and welcome our fellow man to start a new life in this great state!"

"I don’t like the dirtiness of politics, but I like it when people can look up to their Government with just a little bit of hope, and I like it when for once, politicians can agree!"

(Cuts to Doug biting into sandwich, happy and surprised)

"Just like Doug usually doesn’t like potato chips, but when I sneak one into his sandwich, it’s a nice surprise!"

(Doug smiles and nods)

"I know you South Carolinians would rather be doing this (shows Kamala eating with her family) than talking about politics, and if I’m president, I’m gonna do my best to make sure that we can clear off the divisive negotiating table, and fill it with common sense solutions, so that you can spend more time at the table you care about."

"With your loved ones!"

"I'm Kamala Harris, and I approve this message".

(Kamala is laughing with family while the video ends)
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2023, 06:37:28 PM »

Self-made campaign material

December Schedule
December 1-3: Continue bus tour throughout Coos County, NH
December 4: Round-table discussion with NH police leaders on crime
December 5: Campaign Rally in Claremont, NH focusing on supporting police, addressing crime
December 6: Hold 'Veterans of Foreign Wars' town hall in Milford, NH
December 7: Release an op-ed to the New York Post outlining Hawley's plan for law enforcement
December 8: Sit down for an interview with WEMJ 1490 AM to discuss immigration, drug addiction
December 9: Meet with the NH FOP to discuss Hawley's plan for police and solicit their support
December 10-13: Hold 7 town halls in New Hampshire to discuss immigration
December 14: Campaign Rally in Portsmouth, NH highlighting Hawley's America First approach
December 15: Meet with General Don Bolduc to seek his endorsement
December 16: Fly out to Iowa to deliver a pep talk to volunteers in Cedar Rapids
December 17: Campaign Rally in Sioux City, IA w/ Erin Hawley
December 18: Campaign Rally in Waterloo, IA w/ James Dobson (new endorsement)
December 19-22: Hold 11 town hall events in rural Eastern Iowa, focusing on tax relief
December 23-26: Cease campaigning. Deliver Zoom message to volunteers to wish them a swell Christmas.
December 27: Visit Chuck Hurley to speak to him about the stakes of this election.
December 28-29: Hold 'barnstorm' events with local church leaders in Northwest Iowa
December 30: Campaign Rally in Fort Dodge, IA w/ Rep. Randy Feenstra (new endorsement)
December 31: Join the campaign's New Years celebration event

Public Domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Dr. James Dobson endorses Josh Hawley for President

Capping off a new round of prominent evangelicals coming out to endorse the Hawley campaign, James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, announced in a video he would be supporting Senator Hawley for President. Dr. Dobson is among the most influential spokesmen for conservative social positions and has historically picked candidates that would generally become the favorite of the Religious Right. In explaining his endorsement, he touted Hawley as a family man of unique character and integrity and expressed his enthusiasm for Hawley's unwavering stance on abortion, religious liberty, and traditional values.

Here's an excerpt:

"I'm Dr. James Dobson, speaking to you as a private citizen. My wife, Shirley and I, are proud to announce we're joining thousands of conservative pastors and laymen in endorsing Senator Josh Hawley for President. For us, we see a man who views traditional values as non-negotiable. His record as a religious liberty litigator in Hobby Lobby speaks for itself, and throughout this campaign Josh has been relentless in defending the institution of the family and the sanctity of human life. We feel that he is the best candidate this year, not only because he has stood for these positions this election, but also because he has stood for them his entire life."

"I know Josh. He is a Christian family man of the utmost integrity. He came from small roots to big aspirations, and he is an inspiring young voice for the values we cherish as Christians. I have no doubt he would lead from the White House with moral clarity and honest conviction, and I urge all my fellow Christian conservatives to join me in voting for Senator Josh Hawley in this upcoming election."

Hawley Op-Ed: "Law enforcement is undersiege and underfunded. To save America, stand by our men in blue."

In the early hours of June 2, amid violent riots in St. Louis, looters gunned down David Dorn, a retired African-American police captain who had responded to an alarm at his friend’s pawnshop. His last moments of service were captured on a passerby’s Facebook feed. In the days following, many on the left defended destruction and rioting as a form of protest. 'Destroying property, which can be replaced, is not violence,' one New York Times writer averred in a TV interview. And now many left-wing activists, cheered on by the media, are ready to do away with law enforcement altogether, campaigning to 'Defund the Police.'

This radical agenda amounts to an assault on American life as we know it. And David Dorn’s tragic death is a stark reminder that the costs of this radicalism will be borne not by the many elites who advocate it but by the working class of all races — both those who are most vulnerable to crime and those who staff our police forces and protect our neighborhoods.

Those below the poverty line are more than twice as likely to be the victims of violent crime as those with high incomes. Ask a poor senior whose pharmacy was burned whether she thinks violent rioters should be left unaccountable. Ask an immigrant small-business owner whose store was looted whether the protection of the police matters.

Or ask the victims of violent crime who can’t afford the private security of the wealthy. The FBI reports that African Americans suffer over half of all homicides tracked by that agency. Like all Americans, they depend on the police to keep them safe. And policing works. As the liberal news site Vox noted last year, in a survey of studies on the subject, “The research is clear: More cops = less crime.” That’s why one Democratic pollster found that the vast majority of African Americans and Latinos, more than 60 percent of each, favor increasing the number of police officers, not abolishing them.

Police work is vital work, honorable work, and noble. The men and women who sign up for it, most from working-class homes, are among the best of Americans. Law enforcement has its share of corruption, no doubt, but the police are not the foot soldiers of modern-day oppression. They are the thin blue line whose service and sacrifice makes life in a free republic possible.

The next President must acknowledge police departments across the country are under siege—underfunded, facing increased retirements, and struggling to make new hires. But as violence and rioting sweeps across American cities big and small, our courageous law enforcement officers are more vital now than ever. Democratic politicians are bending to radical activists who want to defund the police. We should do just the opposite. Our officers deserve a raise, not defunding. They deserve our unqualified support.

To address this crisis of confidence, I'm proposing a series of measures that would rejuvenate America's law enforcement agencies, put 100,000 more cops on the street, and give our men in blue the pay they deserve, because the solution to our ails is not to degrade and defund law enforcement, it is to recognize and support the sacrifice they make every day.

My Plan:
1. Authorize $15 billion in new funding for local law enforcement agencies to expand personnel.
2. Require that recipients use new funds to raise police salaries by up to 110%.
3. Exclude localities that enact laws defunding their law enforcement agencies.
4. Expand investigative resources into prosecuting cop-killers.
5. Impose tougher penalties on fentanyl production and distribution.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #308 on: January 16, 2023, 07:30:02 PM »

October 2023-Early February 2024

October 2023: The first half of the month will be a visit to Nevada. Team DeSantis is going to hit on the issue of "freedom" in Nevada noting how it has destroyed the state economy. The rest will be a visit to Iowa, knock doors and hold town halls throughout the state, continue to emphasize the culture war to appeal to evangelical voters. Team DeSantis is going to establish a foothold in this key early state.

Quote from: rally in Nevada
The radical left shut down Nevada's economy during COVID. People lost their livelihoods thanks to this top down approach by Democrats. In Florida, we let people make the choices they wanted. We kept deaths down and kept our economy open, showing that top-down government control isn't the answer. We showed that you can deal with a crisis without a one-size-fits-all approach. My campaign is all about protecting your freedom, knowing that you, and only you, know best for yourself.

Quote from: rally in Iowa
We are going to stop all of the wokeness from the radical left. We are going to crack down on gender ideology and critical race theory and get it out of our schools. We are going to make sure that the radical left can never ever shut down our churches or our economy ever again. We are going to go to the White House and put all of the wokeness of the Joe Biden administration behind us, and return to the America that we all know and love, not the America of the radical left.

November 2023: Visits to New Hampshire, knock doors and hold town halls throughout the state, emphasize issues of crime and low taxes to win over both business minded conservatives and law-and-order conservatives.

Quote from: rally in New Hampshire
In 2020, while rioters and looters pillaged our cities, the radical mob stood by and watched. I can promise that as President, I will never stand by and watch while thugs vandalize your property. Democrats care more about criminals than they do about you. That's why they let criminals out of jail while keeping your taxes high. I want to applaud your Republican Governor and legislature who have done a great job of keeping these disastrous policies out of New Hampshire, but it isn't enough to just keep it out of New Hampshire. All across the country, Democratic-run cities have high crime and high taxes and people can't afford to find a place. That's what Democrats do with your tax dollars, they pamper criminals, instead of helping you find a place to live. In Florida, we tried a different approach, we eliminated the state income tax because we figured that it is enough that you have to pay high federal taxes and that you know how best to use your money. As President, I will cut your taxes and I will stand up to criminals and the woke mob, and I will always be your fighter.

December 2023: First half remain in New Hampshire, more of the above, second half visit Iowa again. Continue focus on culture war issues, but also emphasize "freedom." The strategy remains to appeal to Iowa's large evangelical voter base. Continue knocking doors.

The woke mob wants to take away your freedom. During the pandemic, they made sure you couldn't leave the house even to go to church. They would not even let you seek consolation from God. In Florida, we took a different approach. We trusted that people would do the right thing without being told to stay in their home by the government. The leftist media criticized us heavily and called me nicknames but ultimately we showed there was a way other than top-down government control. We showed you can keep deaths down while still letting your kids attend school or while still attending church on Sunday. The woke mob wants control, but I want freedom, and I will protect your freedom if I am elected President.

Jan+Early February: Remain in Iowa, lots of rallies around the state talking about "freedom," "wokeness," and other such issues, but also talk about traditional conservative culture war issues like abortion. Continue knocking doors, as well.

Quote from: event at a Catholic Church in rural Iowa as part as a tour of Catholic Churches
I believe deeply and firmly in life. I believe deeply in protecting life. I strongly oppose abortion, and I am prepared to push for a 10 week ban on abortion, and perhaps even further if I am elected. Others may say they can do it, but I have experience with wrestling the legislature, the Florida legislature and I did not always get along, but now we have a great relationship. I am also the only candidate to commit to only appointing judges who will respect the Dobbs decision. I can push such a bill through Congress and I will sign it in my first 100 days.

The elitist liberals do not understand Iowa. They want to force critical race theory and gender ideology onto our kids and indoctrinate them into hating America. The radical left hates America, but I love this country. They showed just how they respected our Christian values when they shut down churches and prevented you from going to church on Sunday. In Florida, we did not shut down our churches, we trusted people would make the right decision and let them continue to exercise their constitutional right to worship freely. I will never ever cave to the woke mob and I will always protect, defend, and promote the Christian values that I so deeply hold.

Caucus Day: Chuck Grassley will record a robocall to be sent out in caucus day. DeSantis will continue knocking doors with volunteers to get supporters out, DeSantis staff will also hand out DeSantis flyers to caucus goers.

Ads:

Ad #1: Stop the Woke (airing in all 4 early states)

[show pictures of kids in a classroom with a sickle and hammer transposed over it]

Narrator: Kids are being taught critical race theory and woke ideology in their classrooms.

[show pictures of flag burning and riots and general chaos]

Narrator: Our young, vulnerable kids are being taught to hate America

[Enter Ron DeSantis]

DeSantis: Not on my watch, in Florida we passed the STOP WOKE Act to end the teaching of all of this woke ideology.

DeSantis: I’m running for President to stop these elitist liberals from indoctrinating our kids and stealing our country. I'm Governor Ron DeSantis and I approve this message, because I’m the woke mob’s biggest enemy yet

[DeSantis closes with him surrounded by his kids]

Ad #2: Locked Down Churches (Air in IA, SC, and NV, with a heavy emphasis on IA)

[show black and white images of locked down churches]

Narrator: During COVID, the radical left shut down our churches.

Narrator: Shut them down, so we couldn't pray

[image shifts to color as DeSantis is shown in footage shaking hands]

Narrator: But Governor DeSantis saw another way

Narrator: DeSantis kept churches open, because he believes you not the government can make your own decisions.

[DeSantis now speaks directly to the camera]

DeSantis: I'm Ron DeSantis and I approve this message because this country was built on freedom and I'm running for President so they can never ever take that freedom away ever again.

Ad #3: Rioters and Looters (to air in all 4 early states)

[show footage of looting in 2020]

Narrator: Under Joe Biden, crime is out of control. Cities are on fire and nobody is safe. In 2020, Democrats watched as riots tore our country apart.

[Joe Biden and Kamala Harris appear in black and white colors with the words "opposing crime was racist" written over them in "red"]

Narrator: What did Democrats like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris do? They praised the looters, they defended them, they said that opposing crime was racist.

[Ron DeSantis appears in colored footage shaking hands]

Narrator: Governor Ron DeSantis condemned the mob and made clear that crime would not be tolerated.

[show image of DeSantis signing anti riot law]

Narrator: Governor DeSantis passed laws to crack down on rioting to restore peace to the streets.

[DeSantis now speaks directly to the camera]

DeSantis: I'm running for President to end on the Democrat crime wave, I'm governor Ron DeSantis and I approve this message because I will always side with you not criminals.

Ad #4: Low Tax Champion (to air in all 4 early states, with a particular emphasis on NH)

[black and white images of high gas prices]

Narrator: Reckless spending, high inflation, high taxes. That's the story under Joe Biden

[black and white images of a stressed family looking at the tax bill]

Narrator: Families struggling to pay their bills, young people struggling to buy a house.

[Enter Ron DeSantis]

DeSantis: The DC politicians have it all wrong. They don't need to take more of your money, they need to let you keep more of it.

DeSantis: I'm running for President because DC Democrats have it wrong. Florida keeps taxes low, regulation down, and DC out. As President I’ll slash the taxes killing ordinary Americans and I’ll overturn the Washington gravy train. I'm Governor Ron DeSantis and I approve this message because Washington is supposed to work for you, not the other way around

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #309 on: January 16, 2023, 07:51:52 PM »

ENDORSEMENT

Recently dropped out presidential candidate Kristi Noem is asked at an interview with Fox and Friends about who she now supports for the presidential nomination.

"Well, I'd have to say Roger Stone. You know, I've been quiet for some time on the matter, but I absolutely believe that of the candidates still in the field, Roger is the best candidate. He best balances electability - I mean, he's led the charge on numerous successful, often long-shot campaigns, over the years - but he's also a staunch MAGA conservative who won't let us down. So many of my friends and neighbours back home in South Dakota were disappointed when I dropped out. They felt they'd lost their advocate. They didn't know who to support. When they asked me, though, I had to, in good conscience, tell them that in my opinion, Roger was their loudest and most sincere advocate."
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2023, 07:52:41 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2023, 04:50:47 PM by oldkyhome »

Public Domain, via Hawley's Facebook page

It All Comes Down to Iowa

It all comes down to this.

It had been almost a full year since Hawley first met Trump to discuss this election. His decision to run for President was not easy, but as soon as he made that decision, he was committed to putting in the work. 6 months ago, he put boots on the ground in the Hawkeye State for the first time. This was ground-zero. A win here would catapult his name into the spotlight and shatter the myth of an inevitable DeSantis nomination.

6 months later, and thousands of doors knocked, phones called, and precinct captains filed, Hawley had developed by far the largest and most expansive ground-game in the state of Iowa. His investment in the state was second-to-none, and it showed. He had staked out an effort before anyone else. After all, this was the state that catapulted Barack Obama to the nomination over an 'inevitable' Hillary.

From small towns to suburbs, to big towns and farm communities, Senator Hawley had developed a distinct brand here. A son of the Heartland, who came from small roots to big aspirations, leading a fight to take on the D.C swamp. The legibility of that brand would be tested as candidate's came from across the country to take their share out of the Iowa caucus, but he nonetheless had an advantage in defining the discourse because of how early he was to the game.

Both flanks of the Republican primary had turned on him just as he had caught the national eye, but they may just come to regret giving him so much free air time. When Sen. Hawley returned from a swing through New Hampshire in mid-December, it was clear he was out for blood. He slammed Stone's 'wishy-washy' convictions and labelled him a D.C creature. He highlighted DeSantis's and Haley's power-plays and stressed the need to fight against the party establishment. It seemed the only person (of the main candidates) that wasn't being excoriated on the trail was Kari Lake, for reasons not explicitly stated.

Practically the entire month of January in the lead-up to election day was dedicated to organizing caucus-goers and rallying the troops. He knew his efforts depended entirely on whether or not people were excited enough to stay it out and deliver a decisive and shocking win for Senator Hawley over the rest of the field. 'The momentum is there,' aides emphasized, 'But we have to bring it home.' Through it all, Hawley was hammering home the same pitch he started the campaign with: railing against Biden and the D.C establishment, calling out out-of-touch party leaders, connecting with voters that feel forgotten and left behind. If nothing else, voters would remember him as the candidate who stayed the most committed to his message.

After a large rally in Cedar Rapids the night before the caucus, Hawley consulted his team: "It's now or never."

(Hawley Ads #2 and #5 are aired in Iowa throughout the month of January.)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #311 on: January 16, 2023, 08:40:48 PM »

Iowa and South Carolina Results Coverage

Welcome to CNN, America's Election Headquarters, I'm Jake Tapper, and we're going headfirst into our coverage of the South Carolina primary on the Democratic side and the Iowa caucus on the Republican side. These are the first contests in a long and rigorous process to determine the party nominees for the 2024 presidential election. The time is 7:58 we have just two minutes until polls close in South Carolina. South Carolina has promised to be an explosive, exciting contest. What once appeared to be a cakewalk on the road to a coronated nomination for Vice President Harris, has become a tight race to the finish with the surprise entry of Vice President and 2000 Democratic nominee Al Gore into the race. It appears many of the other candidates are telling their supporters in the state to support him instead. The Vice President has benefitted from the support of Democratic congressman Jim Clyburn, whose endorsement was so crucial for Joe Biden four years ago. Alright, I think that's 8, and the polls in South Carolina have closed.

We're staying that the South Carolina primary is too early to call. But we do have a top tier, that top tier is 3 people. According to our exit polls there are 3 Democratic candidates with a chance to win the day in the Palmetto state. Those three candidates are, Vice President Kamala Harris, Vice President Al Gore, and Mayor Eric Adams. That's the top tier, and I think that's all we have for now. No results have reported yet.

Actually Jake, we have something.

Well there it is, I'll take you to John King, at the famous magic wall.

We've just gotten some results these from Aiken and Oconee county in the west and north of the state.

Kamala Harris: 38% | 1,778
Al Gore: 31% | 1,450
Eric Adams: 24% | 1,123
Gavin Newsom: 3% | 140
Gretchen Whitmer: 2% | 92
Jeff Merkley: 1% | 49
Pete Buttigieg: <1% | 25
Ro Khanna: <1% | 14
Kirsten Gillibrand: <1% | 7

Well, thank you John, much more to come.

Note to All: Honestly I'm glad we've made it thus far. So many of these games die so early, such as my last attempt, I'm glad this one is chugging along just fine. So appreciative towards all of you. Now let's get this show on the road. To our Republican candidates, Iowa results will come starting later.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #312 on: January 16, 2023, 09:09:51 PM »

Tapper: Welcome back to CNN, America's Election Headquarters. We're watching results trickle in right now for the South Carolina Democratic primary, me and world-famous master of the magic wall John King, as well as our panel. We're watching really just three possible winners for this primary, Vice President Kamala Harris, former Veep Al Gore, and New York City Mayor Eric Adams, it appears like everyone else is totally out of the picture. We've also seen a lot of vote coming in very very quickly. So what's going on John.

King: So Jake, in the run-up to the primary, it seemed basically every other candidate who wasn't Kamala Harris or Eric Adams has given way to Vice President Gore. It seemed that rather than let Kamala Harris prevail with ease, they lent their support to the candidate best suited to defeat her. Seems a lot of Democratic politicians don't want to see her anywhere near the top of the Democratic ticket. Many people agree, many do not. Including Congressman Jim Clyburn, who endorsed Harris a few weeks ago. Look at the middle of the state, that's his district, around Lake Marion and Moultrie, Congaree River Valley. That's his district, high concentration of African Americans, strong numbers for Vice President Harris, see her at 44%, 43%, 47% all along this area. Strong numbers. That's just one region with quick turnaround time, we're seeing a lot of results trickle in from all over the state. Notice how Vice President Gore is currently, for now, ahead in Greenville County with 15% of its vote reporting. Well you can look at the statewide picture now. An interesting race for sure.

Kamala Harris: 43% | 44,152
Al Gore: 26% | 26,693
Eric Adams: 24% | 24,632
Gavin Newsom: 4% | 4,019
Gretchen Whitmer: 2% | 2,057
Jeff Merkley: 1% | 1,037
Pete Buttigieg: <1% | 792
Ro Khanna: <1% | 593
Kirsten Gillibrand: <1% | 234

Total Precincts Reporting: ~15%

Tapper: Very interesting John, more to come, so stick with us.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2023, 09:30:53 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2023, 09:37:55 PM by KaiserDave »

Tapper: Welcome back to CNN, it's almost 9 on the east coast and results from South Carolina are coming in fast, very fast, we're gonna check on John King at the magic wall for more, and I believe we'll have our first numbers from the Iowa Caucus soon after that. Take it away John.

King: Thanks Jake, well the race is tightening, it's tightening. Almost half the results are in. Not quite there, but approaching. We just got a substantial number of votes from the northern part of the state. Pickens, Lexington, Greenville, a few others. Vice President Al Gore is sweeping them with strong numbers, taking 36%, 44%, 42%. Very strong performances, and Jake they have more left, but they've reported now over half their vote, rocketing the former Vice President into a much stronger position. I also want to point our Mayor Adams, who appears to be outdoing his polling thus far, a strong performance for the New York City Mayor here down south. He's holding steady at a pretty hefty 24%. That's nothing to scoff at. He's cobbled together a fairly strong group of African Americans, white moderate Democrats as well. A lot of vote left, and also worth pointing out that's it decently evenly distributed throughout the state but with some sizable vote left in the aforementioned northern counties, in Charleston, where Harris is ahead, albeit by less than she is statewide and Sumter which has yet to report a lot, where she is very strong.

Tapper: Thanks John, we have longtime Democratic political strategist James Carville with us in the studio. He's backing Al Gore for President. What do you make of this James?

Carville: Well thanks you for having me in Jake, and you know I'm buoyant. People said a few months ago that Vice President Harris would sleep her way through this primary, these results, if they hold, show how untrue that was. People said she'd landslide in this state, but she had to rush the state with her people, her money, her resources in these last days. Al Gore showed her he's a forced to be reckoned with, and I reckon he has showed the whole country.

Tapper: Well James there's still a lot of Harris vote left out, she could very well build a stronger lead. She looks poised to win, do you think she's gonna win? Can Gore go on without a win here?

Carville: Oh shuure. No worries there. Gore can go on, even if he loses, loses by a fair bit. He showed that he is the strongest match for Vice President Harris. He's the number 2 in this race, that's what I'm seeing in South Carolina. He's putting up very strong numbers. Look, I think Kamala is gonna take this state, but we'll see by how much.

Tapper: Thank you James, more results, and first reports from the Iowa caucus when we come back.

Kamala Harris: 38% | 74,761
Al Gore: 30% | 59,034
Eric Adams: 24% | 47,319
Gavin Newsom: 3% | 5,901
Gretchen Whitmer: 2% | 3,991
Jeff Merkley: 1% | 2,001
Pete Buttigieg: <1% | 1,002
Ro Khanna: <1% | 994
Kirsten Gillibrand: <1% | 478

Total Precincts Reporting: ~40%

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #314 on: January 16, 2023, 09:55:27 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2023, 11:06:11 PM by VirginiaAaron »

Tweet made with Tweetgen
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2023, 11:00:05 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2023, 11:06:43 PM by KaiserDave »

Tapper: Welcome back to CNN, it's just past 9 on the east coast and we now have results from both the Iowa Caucus, and the South Carolina primary. So, based on the CNN Exit Polls, in Iowa, we're saying there's a top tier of Governor Ron DeSantis, Missouri Senator Josh Hawley, and Kari Lake. Well would you look at that. But that's just an exit poll, apparently we've got Nikki Haley right behind Kari Lake, according to our exit poll, so expect a real fight for third place. So now we're gonna go to John King, with more results from South Carolina, hopefully soon from Iowa.

King: Yes Jake, so I'm looking at South Carolina, we have about 70% of the vote reported. And Vice President Harris has around a 10-point lead, and it's been that way for a while. Vice President Gore gained from a batch from Greenville, pretty good, Harris matched that in the midlands, so it's been pretty steady, but I think we're looking at a moderate win for Vice President Harris, certainly not what she wanted a few months ago, but she's staved off disaster.

Tapper: Well there's no CNN projection yet.

King: Well, not yet no. This race is uncalled.

Tapper: Well, hold that thought John, we have a projection.

Tapper: CNN is projecting that Vice President Kamala Harris has won the South Carolina primary, replacing Joe Biden's historic win 4 years ago. But time will tell if this will propel her to the nomination. John?

King: That's right Jake. Looks like the latest from Columbia and other urban centers that gave us the certainty we needed to call it. I'm gonna switch over to Iowa now. We're watching results there, caucus-going is well underway, and sources on the ground are reporting, strong, strong turnout thus far.

Tapper: Thanks John, we're going to commercial now, but we'll be back quickly, with a lot more results.

Kamala Harris: 40% | 134,705  ✔
Al Gore: 31% | 104,396
Eric Adams: 21% | 70,720
Gavin Newsom: 3% | 10,102
Gretchen Whitmer: 2% | 6,735
Jeff Merkley: 1% | 3,367
Pete Buttigieg: <1% | 1,712
Ro Khanna: <1% | 1,214
Kirsten Gillibrand: <1% | 778

Total Precincts Reporting: ~75%

Sorry folks, slight delay. Results will be faster now. Credit to OldKyhome for gif and graphic, thank you.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2023, 11:32:37 PM »

Tapper: Welcome back to CNN, where we're following the South Carolina Democratic primary and the Republican Iowa caucus. We're taking you right to John King, at the magic wall. What's going on in Iowa John?

King: Yes Jake. 2008, Iowa went to Mike Huckabee, the candidate of the Christian Right, in 2012, a very narrow win for Rick Santorum, also the candidate of the Christian Right, in 2016, a win for Ted Cruz, and again, favored by the Christian right. Going into tonight it appeared that Josh Hawley was the choice of the Christian Right. Republicans in Iowa are pretty religious, pretty conservative. Hawley positioned himself as strong on those issues. Right now the first precincts fully reporting caucus results are from rural northern Iowa, Winnebago, Kossuth, Butler, Howard counties. And wow, wow those are some strong, startlingly strong numbers for Josh Hawley. Caucuses are not like regular primaries remember, there is the first alignment, the realignment, and so on, this will take time.

Tapper: Alright John, we'll come back to you soon. Very early in Iowa. This is where things stand in Iowa and South Carolina right now.

Kamala Harris: 40% | 158,705  ✔
Al Gore: 31% | 122,996
Eric Adams: 21% | 79,523
Gavin Newsom: 3% | 11,903
Gretchen Whitmer: 2% | 7,935
Jeff Merkley: 1% | 3,967
Pete Buttigieg: <1% | 1,992
Ro Khanna: <1% | 1,614
Kirsten Gillibrand: <1% | 928

Total Precincts Reporting: ~90%

Josh Hawley: 35% | 3,284
Ron DeSantis: 20% | 1,877
Kari Lake: 20% | 1,762
Nikki Haley: 12% | 1,126
Roger Stone: 9% | 844
Glenn Youngkin: 1% | 94
Matt Gaetz: 1% | 92
Justin Amash: <1% | 54
Larry Hogan: <1%| 25
Lin Wood: <1% | 1

Total Precincts Reporting: ~5%

Tapper: Remember that's a very, very, small sample size out of Iowa. It's very early, more when we come back.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2023, 11:54:01 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2023, 12:00:41 AM by KaiserDave »

King: ...okay so we're getting a clearer picture in Iowa. We've got about a third of the vote in, a lot more urban vote now, Des Moines, Davenport, Iowa City, and so forth. That's been a lot stronger for Governor DeSantis, but wow, very, very strong numbers for Josh Hawley in rural Iowa, putting him in a very strong position. Kari Lake as well, looking strong. But I'm watching Des Moines, Iowa City, they have a lot more vote left, Des Moines has some populous suburbs as well. Those have been very reliable for Governor DeSantis, and Ambassador Haley. Look to the rurals though, very good for Kari Lake as well, but Josh Hawley is dominating, dominating out there. If we switch to South Carolina it looks that about all the results are in, and it's going to be about a 10-point win for Kamala Harris, so a mixed result for everyone involved, we'll see what people think.

Kamala Harris: 41% | 187,571  ✔
Al Gore: 31% | 141,822
Eric Adams: 20% | 91,498
Gavin Newsom: 3% | 13,724
Gretchen Whitmer: 2% | 9,150
Jeff Merkley: 1% | 4,575
Pete Buttigieg: <1% | 2,424
Ro Khanna: <1% | 1,954
Kirsten Gillibrand: <1% | 1,004

Total Precincts Reporting: ~99%

Josh Hawley: 31% | 17,192
Ron DeSantis: 24% | 13,310
Kari Lake: 18% | 9,982
Nikki Haley: 14% | 7,764
Roger Stone: 8% | 4,437
Glenn Youngkin: 3% | 1,567
Matt Gaetz: 1% | 769
Justin Amash: <1% | 192
Larry Hogan: <1%| 105
Lin Wood: <1% | 6

Total Precincts Reporting: ~30%

Dispensing with some of the fluff. Moving quickly.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2023, 12:09:44 AM »

King: This race in Iowa has been tightening as the urban cores have reported. You can see every, well, I'll say non Trump-aligned candidate has benefitted, Glenn Youngkin now at 4%, and DeSantis now closing in on Senator Hawley. Nikki Haley doing better. Will this be enough for DeSantis to close that gap and make up the difference? We've got some vote from Dallas county, Polk, Story, and in the east there's some. Hard to say....

Tapper: Despite having the endorsement of, shall I remind our viewers, Iowa's own Governor Kim Reynolds, Haley appears to be treading water. Why's that?

King: Well, I think that has a lot to do with a perceived weakness on issues that pro-Trump voters care about, but I think it's possible that a lot of her supporters went to DeSantis, perhaps out of fear of Kari Lake, or Josh Hawley. But there's still a lot of vote left, a lot from the cities, some from rural areas, especially in the northwest. More vote still out, we don't have a call here yet. It's up in the air.

Kamala Harris: 41% | 187,594  ✔
Al Gore: 31% | 141,831
Eric Adams: 20% | 91,508
Gavin Newsom: 3% | 13,727
Gretchen Whitmer: 2% | 9,155
Jeff Merkley: 1% | 4,579
Pete Buttigieg: <1% | 2,428
Ro Khanna: <1% | 1,961
Kirsten Gillibrand: <1% | 1,008

Josh Hawley: 30% | 37,761
Ron DeSantis: 25% | 31,468
Kari Lake: 17% | 21,398
Nikki Haley: 15% | 18,880
Roger Stone: 8% | 10,069
Glenn Youngkin: 4% | 5,035
Matt Gaetz: 1% | 1,259
Justin Amash: <1% | 342
Larry Hogan: <1%| 192
Lin Wood: <1% | 22

Total Precincts Reporting: ~70%

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2023, 12:23:06 AM »

Tapper: We have a major projection in the Iowa caucus.

(Ignore network inaccuracy)

Tapper: Josh Hawley we're projecting will win the Iowa caucus. He has won the Iowa caucus, and we're saying he will win 10 delegates, though that is an approximation. Here's John King at the magic wall to tell us more.

King: Josh Hawley will take home the Iowa caucus, a strong win in the Hawkeye state. What's powering his win? Our exit polls say strong numbers with evangelicals, and if you go to the county level, strong, very strong numbers in rural areas. Governor DeSantis was below his targets in rural areas, well below, but pretty strong in cities and suburbs. Time will tell if that pattern will persist. Kari Lake also did well tonight, right now she's ahead of Nikki Haley, by a little. Still a bit of vote out mostly in the rural northwest and the Council Bluffs area, but here's where things stand.

Kamala Harris: 41% | 187,594  ✔
Al Gore: 31% | 141,835
Eric Adams: 20% | 91,509
Gavin Newsom: 3% | 13,728
Gretchen Whitmer: 2% | 9,156
Jeff Merkley: 1% | 4,581
Pete Buttigieg: <1% | 2,432
Ro Khanna: <1% | 1,962
Kirsten Gillibrand: <1% | 1,009

Josh Hawley: 30% | 48,751  ✔
Ron DeSantis: 26% | 42,224
Kari Lake: 16% | 25,999
Nikki Haley: 15% | 24,884
Roger Stone: 8% | 13,001
Glenn Youngkin: 4% | 6,514
Matt Gaetz: 1% | 1,625
Justin Amash: <1% | 512
Larry Hogan: <1%| 367
Lin Wood: <1% | 37

Total Precincts Reporting: ~90%

That's all for now folks. There will be final results in the morning, and MAYBE if I have time a turn update and some announcements. Maybe. Exciting stuff ahead! Thanks to oldkyhome for the graphics.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2023, 12:25:27 AM »

Vice President Harris declares victory in South Carolina

"CNN is projecting that Vice President Kamala Harris has won the South Carolina primary, replacing Joe Biden's historic win 4 years ago. But time will tell if this will propel her to the nomination"

The campaign headquarters in Charleston went up in cheers as the official call was made and Harris' face flashed on the screen. With loud chants of "Ka-ma-la!" ringing through the room the small team gathered in the nearby hotel breathed a heavy sigh of relief over the victory after fearing the race was slipping away from them. Meanwhile the Vice President was in a cheery mood. Dancing with her staff in her hotel room to Beyoncé, Aaliyah and Lauryn Hill. After the initial hubris had worn off, the Vice President assembled her senior staff and family and piled them into the waiting motorcade.

Arriving at the venue the Vice President took a picture with Congressman Jim Clyburn and posted it to Twitter with the caption "South Carolina, thank you". The Vice President then sat backstage while Congressman Clyburn introduced her to the crowd saying quote; "I know how to pick Presidents! And I got a good feeling about Kamala Harris!" After the introduction the Vice President bounded the stage and embraced Clyburn. The Vice President then waved to the large crowd and danced along to the music before stepping up to the podium.

“Wassup Charleston!”

“Wow! Congressman Clyburn thank you for that amazing introduction, truly means so much and I really don’t know what else to say except thank you South Carolina!”

“South Carolina, you have put your faith in me, to carry our party’s banner into the general election this November. And I am incredibly humbled by your support. As we move forward in this campaign I am incredibly optimistic, and so now with momentum on our side let’s move forward! The Palmetto State has shown that they are ready for a President that will wake up everyday prepared and ready to fight for the people!”

“Of course I have to acknowledge my colleagues in this race for their good and hard fight, and I wish you all the very best of luck in the future of this campaign, but I gotta say I think this is the first domino to fall in this race! And when we reach the end I am very confident we are gonna prevail on top!”

“Ya know, as I look around this room I truly see the beauty and diversity of this country. Black and white, gay and straight, immigrants and natural born citizens. This is what our Democracy looks like! And I am so glad that I have this diverse group of Americans on our team! And look, I hope you all voted today! (Laughs) And I am excited for you to vote for me again in November!”

“There is also the twang of history here tonight, as we unite in this gymnasium. This is the first time a black woman has ever won the South Carolina Democratic Primary, and the first time a black woman has ever won a first in the nation primary. I was born in the middle of the Civil Rights Movement and now I stand here as a proud black woman and frontrunner for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States!”

“Once again let me just say, thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart I truly cannot have done this without all of you, and as you all know I really couldn’t have done it without Congressman Jim Clyburn! Our Assistant Democratic Leader in the House! A true leader and icon and a great help to my friend Joe Biden 4 years ago! I couldn’t have done it without you Congressman”

“So! Let’s continue the fight that has started here in South Carolina and take it across the country! The fight for better wages! The fight for affordable healthcare for every American that wants it because we know healthcare is a human right and not a privilege and that extends to codifying the right for women to be able to make their own decisions about their own body! The fight to end gun violence in America as we know it and keep our communities safe and of course the fight to elect the first woman President of the United States of America!”

“This is our moment! This is our time to fight, work and win for the people! Thank you, South Carolina! May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America!”

After the speech the Vice President descended into the crowd working the ropeline and taking selfies with supporters. Once all the pleasantries were done the Vice President went back to her hotel room and got a good nights sleep before the next day where she would attend church in Charleston one more time before jetting off to Nevada.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2023, 01:03:44 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2023, 02:51:18 AM by oldkyhome »

Hawley Spokesman: "The tension is so thick, you could cut it with a knife."

Just a couple hours ago, the venue was abuzz with cheery and excited supporters as results strolled in from friendly rural caucus sites, but now these Hawley staffers were anxious. The results were far out-shooting expectations, to be sure, but the question of the night was whether he would cap off this overperformance with a shocking and historic win in the First-in-the-Nation caucus. The momentum was there, and the trends indicated it was more likely than not, but you can never be too sure.

But then it came. The coveted call.

"Josh Hawley, we're projecting will win the Iowa caucus"

The veil shattered. The crowd that had gathered for the results erupted into cheers and chants. This victory was a year in the making, and damn it, they were going to celebrate it. Now, more than ever, their movement was real, and by the end of it, they were going to put the Missouri Senator one-on-one with Vice President Harris. Hawley, meanwhile, was sitting with his wife Erin in a nearby room as the projection came in. Elated, he jumped up to talk to aides and review over his victory speech. He knew the crowd was eagerly awaiting his arrival.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #322 on: January 17, 2023, 06:57:52 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2023, 05:44:44 PM by oldkyhome »

Hawley caps off Iowa upset with message to supporters: "This is a prairie fire."

Crowd: "HAW-LEY! HAW-LEY! HAW-LEY!"

"Thank you, Iowa! ..Words cannot even describe how honored I am right now. This is a historic night, and it is a historic result. Tonight, in spite of the pundits and the party and the swamp doing every thing in their power to shut us up and turn this nomination process into a coronation, the voters of this great state have charted their own path. They've rendered their own verdict! And what they have said loud and clear is that they want a future for our kids, they want a voice for the unborn, they want a fight against the corrupt special interests that have tried at every turn to derail this primary. Tonight, the people of Iowa have shown to the world we control our Republic, and we're ready to take it back this November!

I want to thank everyone who's been apart of this campaign over the past several months. The grassroots support we garnered here was unlike anything we've seen before, and tonight's victory truly wouldn't have been possible without the organizers and volunteers who believed in our vision and our message. I also want to thank my wife, Erin, she is the love of my life. She has been my rock throughout this difficult campaign, and I think she would make a terrific First Lady!

As I've traveled throughout this state and met with people directly, I've learned the story of an America that is in crisis. People that are struggling to make ends meet, small towns that are slowly dying out, folks losing hope and giving up. It's a story virtually ignored by D.C and the insider class, but tonight I want this to be a wake-up call to those people, because this is not just a one-off. This is a prairie fire. It's a direct message to the people that have wrote our ruinous trade deals, stacked the deck against working families, and sold out our country. 

I am running to be the President who won't take a dime of their money, who will fight head-on with the corrupt special interests and root out their influence at every level of government.

I am running to be the President that will represent the struggles and concerns of millions of towns and communities across this country that have become invisible to Washington.

I am running to be the President that will pull the plug on every disastrous deal Washington special interests has concocted to suck jobs and wealth out from beneath hard-working people.

I am running to be the President that will rein in the cartels and end the epidemic of fentanyl that has flooded our country and sunk far too many into a cycle of addiction.

And I guarantee the D.C crowd does not like that. They hate it.

So I want tonight's victory to be a sign of hope to those people who feel forgotten, who feel Washington is too out of reach and change is impossible. I want to remind them that, as Prime Minister Churchill remarked during the 2nd World War, we too often think of history as something that's in the past and forget that we are making it. What we are doing right now, this is history, and the decisions we make now - whether we stand up at this critical moment or back down - will affect our kids, our grandkids, and our nation for generations to come. Now is the time to stand up to the challenge.

Iowa voters have made clear they're ready for the fight ahead, but there are more battles to come. In New Hampshire, in Nevada, in South Carolina, and in every corner of this nation, this campaign has only just begun, and I encourage everyone listening now to join us in this fight, to show up, and to send a message. God bless you all, and good night!"
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #323 on: January 17, 2023, 12:29:31 PM »

LIN WOOD ISSUES PRESS RELEASE AFTER DISMAL PERFORMANCE IN IOWA IN WHICH HE SEEMINGLY CLAIMS VICTORY DESPITE NOT EVEN GETTING 100 CAUCUS VOTES

What a night! It was the night of nights! I'd like to thank the people of Iowa for trusting me with their support. We won every county in Iowa, with >95% of the vote. Try as they did, the mules did not come through. We had multiple poll watchers and pole riders. Even though Joe Biden sent his band of HIV-infested, drug spreading, mules to rig the caucuses against President-elect Lin Wood, it didn't work!

Now we move on to the general election. The good news is that the polls have us AHEAD of Kampala Harris. The cabal of baby-eating socialists were "victorious" via coup d'etat but I assure you, they will not be victorious in 2024. Now that I'm officially the Republican nominee, I am proud to announce that we are vetting vice presidential candidates. At the moment, I have three frontrunners but anyone that would like to apply may do so!

LIN WOOD VICE PRESIDENTIAL SHORTLIST
THE KOOL AID MAN

MO COLLINS IN CHARACTER AS JOAN CALLAMEZZO FROM PARKS AND RECREATION

THE HINDENBURG

LIN WANTS TO KNOW WHO THE NEXT VICE PRESIDENT SHOULD BE! VOTE HERE: https://forms.gle/J8DUXroJnYA6iMLe7
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #324 on: January 17, 2023, 02:46:04 PM »

Soon after Iowa was called for Josh Hawley, Roger Stone made an appearance on Fox News to discuss his reactions with Laura Ingraham:

INGRAHAM: Joining us now, watching the rest of Iowa coming in, is Roger Stone. Always wonderful to have you back on the program, Roger. What do you make of tonight as you've watched the results like the rest of us?

STONE: Tonight is a very good night for our campaign and our movement, Laura. Everyone wrote us off in Iowa as basically an asterisk. All the polls had us in the low, low single digits. I was behind Glenn Youngkin, behind Matt Gaetz. What have we done? In a state that was never our focus, we showed up and proved the polls wrong. We showed that we're a force to be reckoned with. I noticed your contemporaries on CNN and other fake news do not wish to speak of this. They have good reason to be scared.

Tonight is also a very good night for Josh Hawley. I called the Senator earlier and offered my sincere congrulations. We have some differences, of course, which you saw in our last debate, but he ran a fierce operation in Iowa to his credit.

Ron DeSantis did not have a good night, but that's a good night for America. His house of cards is quickly tumbling down now that Republican voters have proven they won't give in to any sort of coronation. I've already got my celebratory martini here, as you can see. I think a second might be warranted soon.

INGRAHAM: *laughs* If I could drink on air, I'd probably do the same. Roger, does this result tonight change the whole ballgame in your view? Senator Hawley is sure to get a boost out of his win.

STONE: Well, Senator Hawley will no doubt have his moment in the spotlight. I just have to warn the Senator, though, that winning Iowa hasn't exactly been the best predictor of national success. There are a lot of questions on his views, his record, and his background that he'll have to actually answer for. No BS, no obfuscation, like that answer on Obergefell he gave during the debate.

I'm a straight shooter. People know that. Our campaign is about giving power to the silenced, the mistreated, the forgotten. I've fought for conservative values my whole life, and the work that we're doing to strip away the administrative state, give some honest-to-God economic relief to families, and protect our fundamental rights is more important than ever. This movement of ours to continue President Trump's hard work is only growing stronger, Laura. That was true even before Iowa.

INGRAHAM: So, lay it down for me. What is Roger Stone's path forward from here?

STONE: Number one, we win New Hampshire. Our team is the most organized in the state by a good measure. We're swelling up with many of the most restless, hardest working patriots on the ground out there. I'm the personification of Live Free or Die, and our message will stand tall at the end of the day. Number two, we win Nevada. We've been building a very diverse coalition representing all corners of the state. Voters will see that we have the mojo to bring in new folks to our cause and that we'll take the fight to the Democrats. Number three, we romp on Super Tuesday and bring us on the path of uniting this party and winning in November.

The fun is just beginning, Laura. I hope you're ready. *winks*

INGRAHAM: Whatever happens, it'll be a ride for us all. Roger Stone, everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies