What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:52:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17366 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2022, 11:06:07 AM »

Pence statement

Obviously, I think every one of us hopes that Senator Feinstein is able to finish her term. That would indeed be the ideal scenario for both her and for California at large. But eighty-nine year old people do not have particularly long life expectancies, and while everyone hopes that she will be able to finish her term, speculating about what might happen in the event she is unable to is pefectly appropriate in my opinion.

And Madam Vice President, my comments have nothing to do about Senator Feinstein's political party. Indeed, I feel the same way about Chuck Grassley, and like me, he's a Republican.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2022, 12:20:40 PM »

Jared Polis Announces Presidential Run in March Rally in Denver

“America is recovering. We have passed legislation protecting LGBTQ couples, we have passed the biggest investment in climate change ever, and we’ve worked to get the economy working. However we still have so much to be done. Gun violence is feeding our crime rates, we still don’t have a solid plan for carbon neutrality and fighting climate change, and income inequality is greater now than in the Gilded Age. We’ve got some work to do.

As Governor of Colorado, I have worked to transition the state to carbon neutrality by 2040. I have worked to ensure reproductive rights are safe. And I have worked to keep fracking away from kids and families while the state transitions to green energy. There’s no reason we can’t do this nationally.

America needs a vision for the future. We don’t need leaders who divide us, who are more interested in partisan points than results. I’m here today to announce I’m running to be that leader.

I am running for the Democratic nomination for President. I know I have that vision that Americans are hungry for. One that does not allow the Republicans to monopolize the idea of liberty, one that is driven by solutions, and one that has the executive experience to get it done.”
Pink Panther

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2022, 04:29:33 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 06:10:04 PM by Pink Panther »

MIKE LINDELL ANNOUNCES NEW PILLOW LINE AND SUPER PAC

"On February 15th, Businessman and political activist Mike Lindell announced a new line of pillows on his website aimed at raising funds for his new Super PAC, American Traditions Fund, focused on fundraising for Trumpy Republicans in various local races around the country. Here's an excerpt on the announcement on his website:"

"Today, I'm proud to announce the freedom collection of pillows, made from smooth bamboo silk, luscious Giza cotton, and Persian wool, which comes with 60 day money back guarantee and a 10 year warranty. The prices are currently $125, but if you use Promo code MCDANIELRINO while ordering, you will only pay $45. And if you are one of the first 1,000 buyers, you will recieve no shipping or handling charges. Come buy now. These will fund a new Super PAC called the American Traditions Fund, which aims to protect American values and customs. Don't wait, and go pick up your own personal pillow today when going to my personal website michaeljlindell.com. Again, that's htttps://michaeljlindell.com. You will be doing a great service to our country if you support are incredible movement."

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2022, 04:42:37 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 04:51:35 PM by GM Team Member NewYorkExpress »

Mike Pence on Mike Lindell's recent moves.

Okay, so not only has the MyPillow Guy gone cuckoo-bananas...I mean seriously, he's been sued for claiming the 2020 election was rigged, against all evidence, he's claimed Trump will be "reinstated as President", whatever the hell that means, and he apparently supported Trump overthrowing the government ad declaring Martial Law in the aftermath of the Capitol Coup.

Now, he's using his products to enrich his campaign, or maybe it's the other way around, just like Trump did.

It wasn't right then, and it isn't now.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2022, 05:06:32 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 05:14:39 PM by GM Team Member NewYorkExpress »

April 18, 2023

Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, Iowa

I know, you've been hearing a lot from me the past couple of months, and years. Almost five years ago I was on a ticket with Donald Trump, and let me tell you, that ended up being the biggest mistake of my life. However, four years of being his Vice President, through all of the chaos, through nearly being murdered when he lost, taught me one thing:

I can do a better job of being President.

And it's time for a better President. Our last two Presidents have been abject failures. One actively aided in an insurrection against our great nation, and our incumbent is practically senile, needing the help of his staff to simply find the Oval Office.

Our Foreign Policy has been terrible. One President was in thrall to Russia, and one is in thrall to China.

Our Domestic policy has been terrible. One President let hundreds of thousands die so he could win reelection. Our incumbent has seen fit to ignore the crisis at the border, which is also claiming thousands of lives a month.

One President focused on enriching himself above all else. Our incumbent focuses on taking money away from America, and putting it in the hands of hostile foreign powers.

To correct all this, and be better, this is why I am running for President.

I'm Mike Pence, and I am running for you.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2022, 07:38:50 PM »

March 2023,
Amidst swirling rumors, Justin Amash releases a book billed as a tell all about his congressional term and his decision to retire early from congress. Curiously, the book tour begins in Iowa...

April 2023,
A long book tour through Iowa, New Hampshire, Georgia, and many other early primary states was capped off by an appearance alongside another former congressman, Ron Paul. The two announced that they would be co-hosting a podcast soon.

May 2023,
Towards the end of the first episode of their podcast, Paul asked Amash a question regarding the presidency and if the other has intent to run. Amash stated that he'd be making a decision soon.

Two days later, Amash formed an exploratory committee.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2022, 08:50:14 PM »

For the People: The Planning Stages

On February 23rd, 2023 after attending meetings with President Biden and their national security team, Vice President Harris was motorcaded to a nondescript office building in Baltimore, Maryland. Joined by her husband, the Second Gentleman and her sister Maya along with around 5 potential campaign staff, the Vice President was given her options on a presidential run as well as presented with possible slogans, logos, polling numbers on early primary states, and of course possible lines of attack for other candidates.

There the Vice President settled on a message, borrowing from her 2020 campaign. "Kamala: For the People" the dropping of the last name was significant in an effort to make her appear more personal to voters. Also at the meeting it was decided that a kick-off event would happen in May at Howard University in Washington D.C which was also Harris' alma mater. The announcement date has been set for May 3rd with Howard officials being notified that Vice President Harris would need a space big enough for over 5,000+ people, preferably outside.

In March the Vice President would begin forming her policy agenda, choosing to focus on the accomplishments of the Biden-Harris agenda, such as the bipartisan infrastructure bill, Marriage equality act, and of course continuing the fight for the Build Back Better Act which will be renamed under Harris the "For the People Act". Her campaign team on the other hand would borrow back the "kamalaharris.org" and "kamalaharris.com" domains from the Democratic Party and shut the pages down for a complete overhaul for the May 3rd announcement.

The Vice President would also begin holding conversations with members of the Congressional Black Caucus seeking their early support for when she announces her run, and even offers for some to appear at her kick-off rally.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2022, 11:38:16 PM »

LIN WOOD TWEETS RESPONSE TO HALEY, RELEASES STATEMENT ON POTENTIAL 2024 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES
Warning: This is satire. Don't take it seriously, morons (respectfully).

Tweet made on CodeBeautify's Tweet Generator

Glad tithings, 'tis I, Lin Wood, Paula Deen's Sugar Daddy. After my kick-a** tweet on failed RINO disgraced Gov. Nikki Haley did so well, I decided to bless the United States with my thoughts on all of my potential challengers, should I decide to throw my hat in the ring!

First, the Democrats. Let's start with the so-called "frontrunner," Kamala. I saw her on Colbert. I didn't watch it obviously, I don't watch that propaganda, I only watch real news like Newsmax and Tucker Carlson and Bill O'Reilly of course (and if I'm feeling frisky, Chris Cuomo). I was amazed that the illegitimate Vice President was able to string a sentence together without laughing maniacally. I can't decide whether she's just plain incompetent and stupid or if she has a serious mental disability that forces her to laugh at Venn diagrams, yellow school buses, and the passage of time. Even if the fraud machine still tries to put the fix in for Kam Kam, she'd still lose. Let's just say that when the history books are written, and America has its first female president, that little girl AIN'T you.

Pete Buttigieg. As I like to call him, Pete Butt. Mayor Butt. Secretary Butt. People think Donald John Trump came up with that, and as I always say, give all the glory to God so I will. But I did assist him. For some reason every time I see his face on television, I think of "Thomas the Tank Engine." Well, guess what! George Carlin is dead and he won't be narrating your train to the station this time, Secretary Butt!

JB Pritzker. What is there to say about JB? I could make a fat joke but that's just too easy. Let's make fun of his wallet. He's the Governor of one of the biggest states in America, one of the fastest-growing states in America. Yet he still isn't the most impressive Pritzker. He's like the Rock but shorter, weaker, and a Demonrat. How could it get worse? I don't think the earth is spherical, it's flat. But I do believe that JB is.

Big Gretch. Gretchy Gretchy Whit Whit. Gretchy. Whitster. Whitmeister. I don't have much to say about her, the Whitmeister. What I will say is that I am in expert in s**thole states. Trust me, I was born in North Carolina and I live in South Carolina. Michigan is a disgusting vat of filth. She has made the Detroit metropolitan area of 2023 look worse than Flint, Michigan under Rick Snyder.

Gavin Newsom and I have one thing in common. At one point or another, we used Kimberly Guilfoyle as a prostitute. HA! Kidding. Laughing, not serious AT ALL! Just like his buddy Kam Kam, he got his political career from Willie Brown. Gavin was appointed by Mayor Brown, Kamala did some...extracurricular work. Anyway...

AOC. An Obvious C**t. Just kidding, we love AOC. AOC is so inept, even I could beat her. I would say she's the Democrats' version of Marjorie Taylor Greene but let's be real, AOC will never get a chance to be on the Democrat ticket whereas MTG could feasibly be the nominee in 4-8 years time. She claims she could hear the freedom fighters making their voices known on January 6 but fellow Congresswoman, Nancy Mace, disputes the claim. Don't worry, Alexandria, they weren't coming for you. They're only worried about people with innate power, of which you have none. Enjoy getting 5% in New Hampshire!

Rotund Khannulas. Ro Peep. Ro Ro Ro your Khanna gently down the trail, merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but getting <1% in South Carolina. Boom roasted.

Kirsten Gillibrand. When I evaluate female candidates, I look at the most important qualities in presidents: body type, body count, their tone, and whether or not they can PMS. Let's look at Kirst's. Kirstie. Kirstie Alley? Are they related? Let's look into that. Body type, it changes daily. Some days she's fat, some day she's a twig. Her weight fluctuates more than Lady Di when Charles went on trips with Camilla. Too soon? Wait a minute. Camilla...Kamala, Are they related? Speaking of which, I'll be opening a special counsel investigation into that when I'm President. Oh crap, I haven't announced. It won't matter, no one's reading this. Body count. Well I have a feeling it's either 2 or 2 million. It's definitely closer to 2 million. How else could you get this high in New York politics without racking up a high body count. Just ask Kamala! Next, tone. Her tone is very deaf. After all, she canceled Al Franken for simply expressing love to his co-star! I don't like Al's politics but I love his sense of style. Does she still PMS? Look at her. Greeyyyyy gardens. This is the last Democrat, I ONLY DO TOP TIER, RELEVANT CANDIDATES!

Ron DeSantis has a squeaky voice. Boom roasted. Kristi Noem doesn't knowm the noemenclature. Boom roasted. Josh Hawley? More like Josh Hotley. I might switch teams for him which spells trouble for his presidential ambitions. Larry Hogan beat cancer. That's a great victory, one we should all celebrate. What we should not be celebrating his term as Governor. He never nuked that s**thole city of Baltimore. Boom roasted. Young Kin. Glenn Allen Young Kin. GAYK. The hint is in the name. Boom roasted. Mike Pence hates gay people but that still isn't the worst part of his record. Not many people know this, so you're welcome for me telling you, but Mike Pence hasn't gotten his hair corn-rowed. He ought to be disqualified for this office. Boom roasted. Roger Stone is the only other legitimate candidate in this race. He has a tattoo of Nixon, check. He has a weird tick everytime he gets questioned under oath. And he got convicted on witness tampering, obstructing proceedings, and lying to Congress. If Roger wanted to team up with me, my phone is always available. Unfortuantely I don't have service in the States, so he'll have to call my phone number which is tied to my offshore accounts in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales. You know what my issue with Matt Gaetz is? It's not the plausible sex trafficking and pedophilia. My issue is his face. He looks like if Mack from the Pixar film "Cars" was a person. Mike Lindell is the other common sense candidate, so if my old buddy wants to drop out and endorse me, I'll leave a trail of cocaine that leads to my house. Can someone wake Ben Carson up? Does he even know he's running for president? Well when he eventually loses, someone let him know that there's an offer for him to serve as a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race. Kari Lake could've made it as a prostitute but decided to go to a dirtier profession: journalism. If it were up to me, she'd be America's new Walter Cronkite. There are other candidates, but they are BOTTOM TIER LOSERS and I look forward to receiving their endorsements. Good night and good morrow, Chef Ramsey!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2022, 01:27:54 AM »

Stone-Lake Rally of the Patriots at Apache Lake

To accelerate the momentum of his nascent campaign, Roger Stone proposed a bold early move: schedule a joint appearance with Kari Lake at Apache Lake in support of the various protestors. The notion was met with an enthusiastic reception from Mrs. Lake, and the two teams quickly organized a rally to be held on February 15th. News of the event rapidly spread to major right-wing hubs of information, where it would soon be dubbed as "The Rally of the Patriots." Major outlets including Fox News, OAN, and Newsmax arrived to capture the event live, along with scores of right-wing streamers and influencers.

Notably, the Rally marked the official announcement of Lake's own presidential campaign that would capture the day's largest headlines. However, Stone would capture newsworthy moments of his own when he followed up Lake on the stage:

Wow! Let me proudly be the first to give a warm welcome to Kari Lake now that she's part of the campaign. Kari, you're a bright, fierce woman. The powers that be in Arizona might have fleeced her out of her rightful spot as Governor, but everyone here knows we're not going to let that stand. Kari has a very bright future and her voice will be much needed in this election.

Let's continue to talk about why we're all here in the first place. Our nation's farmers, the very people who bring our food to the table each day in America, are critically endangered by this radical government shutting off the water faucet. They have mismanaged our resources, and now they punish us for their own actions. To add insult to injury, many of these leaders are the ones who have been pushed through on stolen elections. They robbed Kari Lake of her victory, and they robbed Donald Trump of his second term and his freedom!

I believe that accountability starts from the very top. The honorable Marjorie Taylor Greene recently put out articles of impeachment on the illegitimate, doddering old fool, Joe Biden. About damn time somebody did! Today, with all of you patriots standing side by side, I call on Speaker Scalise to take up these articles immediately. I also call on every Republican even thinking of running in 2024 to join me in supporting impeachment. This must absolutely be a litmus test. Who among us can possibly excuse the incompetence and the evil rolled into one administration?

With that said, I'd like to officially unveil one of my campaign's new slogans: JAIL BIDEN, FREE TRUMP. *banner is revealed behind Stone to great applause and excitement* Say it loud, say it proud. Everyone here today will be getting a complementary JAIL BIDEN, FREE TRUMP t-shirt on me. *crowd breaks into chants of the slogan as Stone pumps fists*

You know who's stayed remarkably quiet on everything Kari and I have been talking about, by the way? A certain short and stout Governor of Florida. *laughter from audience* Hasn't said a word about election integrity. Hasn't said a damn word about the ongoing persecution of President Trump. He hasn't even bothered to stand in solidarity with us on this stage for our basic rights. Where the hell is DeSantis? *crowd breaks into chants of "Where's DeSantis?" as Stone smiles on*

That name is too good for him. On this day henceforth, I now christen him as Ron DeSnaketis. *laughter and approval*

You all know what the Deep State and Fake News Media think of you as. Terrorists. Thugs. Insurrectionists. I have to say, I haven't seen a whiff of violence coming from this crowd for all the time I've been around here. You're decent American folk, practicing civil disobedience as countless past generations have. You have a right to stand up, make your voice heard, force them to listen.

To all of you patriots here at Apache Lake: Stay strong. Never give in. Be the change that you want to see from our leaders. I will stand with you until the end. May God bless you all as we take this country back to the people!

Upon the Rally's conclusion, the Stone campaign rapidly moved to edit and disseminate the most noteworthy moments from Stone across social media channels. Particular emphasis was placed on areas of conversation such as impeachment of Biden and criticisms of DeSantis.
RGM2609
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2022, 03:25:37 AM »

Gavin Newsom: For a Brighter Future

While Gavin Newsom's slogan and campaign theme have already been decided, the electoral strategy was still up for debate. It has been decided that while none of the early states should be neglected, the best chances of defeating Harris come from New Hampshire and Nevada, which is why the Newsom canpaign will focus on getting staff and court the endorsements of Democratic Senators and Representatives in these states. That strategy will change to include Michigan should Governor Whitmer not make it to the February primaries.

The announcement will occur on April 19th in Reno, Nevada, in order to both score points in the early state and so that some people in California who wish to attend can get there easier. The campaign is so far doubling down on Newsom running as a hopeful warrior for liberal ideas, and there will be a quiet gauging of support among California Democratic elected officials as opposed to Vice President Harris, who is also from the state.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2022, 11:53:29 AM »

February 2023

In a new interview with CNN's Chris Wallace, Eric Adams strongly hinted at a presidential campaign. The interview covered topics such as Adams's controversial plan for the homeless crisis - I insist that this is the compassionate and right thing to do for people who are clearly in need of urgent help. Extremists and sheltered elites, often the same people who promoted Defund the Police, all those who think it is acceptable to look at a crisis and do nothing are in the wrong. And I think the results of the past few months prove me right, the situation in our subways is finally improving. - the new Democratic primary schedule - Black people are the core base of the Democratic Party. And Iowa and New Hampshire I believe are not even 5 percent Black. Think about that for a moment. South Carolina going first is an important positive statement from the party. - and whether he would like to run - I said many times Biden is an amazing president and would have been very supportive of him running again, but I respect his choice. As for running myself? I'm very happy of being mayor of New York, the most important city in America. However when you look at the people vying to replace him, how many are concrete on the ground problem solvers? how many can really connect with the people? And I think there's a space for a radically practical Democrat, like Biden, like me, like most of us Democrats. - among others.

March 2023

At a rally in the Bronx with guests including former congressman Charles Rangel, former Bronx Borough President Rubén Díaz and Baptist minister Al Sharpton, Eric Adams officially announced he intends to run in the 2024 Democratic presidential primary. Some key excerpts:

I have chosen to open my campaign here, in the South Bronx, in the poorest district in the nation in one of the most prosperous cities on the globe, to highlight my commitment to neglected areas. I grew up poor, I know what it's like. I know the struggles of blue collar folks and poor folks, los apuros que las familias pobres pasan.

This is what the Democratic Party is about - public safety, education, healthcare, helping families and everyday Americans. This is what I've been representing here in New York City and this is what I am going to represent in this campaign. And I think too many in the Democratic Party don't seem interested in speaking on behalf of working people anymore, and I'm going to step up for that instead.

At the rally "Fight The Power" by Public Enemy was played multiple times, suggesting Eric Adams wants to make it his main campaign song. Rumour has it that the song's title is going to be his campaign slogan, although no specific slogan has been unveiled so far.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2022, 08:28:28 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2022, 05:47:00 PM by GoTfan »

Mid-April 2023

Ro looked at the list of candidates. Really? This was the best they could muster? Yeah, Harris and Buttigieg might be near the top, but would they actually be able to win? Kamala's negatives were high and Pete wouldn't last long under the prolonged scrutiny, and neither of them were particularly committed to his own pet projects.

No. There had to be more than this. He had thought about endorsing Alexandria, but there was still that little voice in the back of his head that was saying she was too divisive, too inexperienced.

America needed a progressive, but one who could work with the rest of the party. And Ro was no lightwieght; he'd played a key role in the passing of the Chips Act and IRA. He was the party soldier with the progressive bona fides. Maybe he couldn't win, but . . .

He picked up the phone. He had calls to make.

April 21, Ardenwood Historic Farm-Fremont, California

"Hello! Thank you all for coming here today!

Our country is on the road to recovery. Gas prices are coming down, the Chips Act and Inflation Reduction Act, two of the most significant investments into American manufacturing and green technlogy in decades, are now law.

But there is still more to be done. As we confront the challenges of our society today-poverty, the energy transition, corporate greed, the environment, and more-we cannot afford half-measures. We need a New Economic Patriotism in this country! Why? Because higher wages are better for the economy! Because investing in local manufacturing is good for our economy! Because supporting our unions is good for our economy! Because backing the common American is better for our economy!

This patriotism, a desire to make our nation better through change, is what defines us as progressives. It has been my guiding idea throughout my time in government. I want to bring this patriotism across the country and to the White House!

Today, I am declaring my candidacy for President of the United States!

Knowing that he would only end up polling low, Ro Khanna set about solidifying the voter bases for him by developing a targeting strategy. He could easily compete with Alexandria for young voters, and he knew he was already popular with workers from the tech industry, as well as organised labour in general.

They began mapping out a cohesive strategy. College-age voters and organised labour would be their primary targets. His role in securing support for the climate provisions in the IRA were also to be spruiked as much as possible, to emphasise him as a progressive with results. He began laying out the central theme of his campaign: Economic Patriotism, marked by support for domestic manufacturing, increased wages, empowered unions, and so on.

He would pursue a different strategy with endorsements, holding meetings with International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers president Lonnie Stephenson, Amazon labor activist Chris Smalls, and Communications Workers of America president Chris Shelton.

If he was going to have a chance in this, organised labour had to be on his side as much as possible.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2022, 12:28:30 PM »

Gillibrand For America: Brave Wins (May '23)

America, today we are embarking on a long, long adventure. We'll have our highs. We'll have our lows. But, we will never give up. We will never quiver at the sight of a challenge or competition. Nothing has ever been easy in my life. From running for Congress in a district where farm animals outnumbered Democrats, to running for Senate against a Corrupt Republican. Nothing has ever been easy, and I don't expect it to be. This race has so many great candidates, but I have something special to offer to the American People. I'm tested. I'm dedicated. I'm prepared. I am Brave. We need a President that is Brave, that won't back down at any point. I will never allow our country to become a laughing stock, as some Republicans like Mike Pence would do. This election, we must do something brave. We're going to take our message across this country. To Iowa, to New Hampshire, to Texas, to California, to Georgia, to Idaho, and everywhere else in this country. Together we will bridge this divide that the Republican Party has crafted, and put the issues that so many Americans hold dear. Medicare for All, Ending Wars, Comprehensive Gun Reform Legislation, and so much more. I hope that you all join me in this race, because this country is brave, always been, so let's elect a President that'll be Brave, together.

News Coverage:

NBC News:
"Over the past 2 months, she has opted for smaller, traditional retail stops, sampling local fare in South Carolina and hosting round tables in New Hampshire on issues like water contamination and public service. There's no doubt that this will shake up the race, potentially in a big way."
CNN:
“We need to remember what it feels like to be brave,” she says. “We launched ourselves into space and landed on the moon. If we can do that, we can definitely achieve universal health care. We can provide paid family leave for all, end gun violence, pass a Green New Deal, get money out of politics and take back our democracy. None of this is impossible. There's no doubt in our minds that Gillibrand will get every other candidate a run for their money. A young woman who's won in Republican areas - this is exactly what Democrats may be looking for."

POLITICO:
"The senator was joined onstage by activists, including Dreamers, migrants brought to the country illegally as children; anti-gun violence advocates; and victims of sexual assault. It was a lineup reminiscent of the Women’s March, a movement that Gillibrand has tapped into for her presidential campaign. This is a big move to make, especially in today's world. It's clear that she's making big strides."
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2022, 02:32:58 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2022, 08:44:28 PM by Buehler-Kotek Voter 🇺🇦 »

Chester, Virginia

Hello, friends! It is GREAT to be back on the campaign trail here in beautiful Chester!

I won't mince words, folks - Americans are tired. Under the Biden Administration, we've been forced to contend with runaway inflation and an unprecedented cost-of-living crisis. Democrat leaders in the cities allow crime to fester in the streets. Far-left activists are trying to commandeer our education system and rewrite history to suit their political goals. Make no mistake, our country is in crisis, and we need to send a message to the politicians in Washington that enough is enough!

But, to do this, we need a new Republican Party. A Republican Party with a vision, a Republican Party that looks to the future. In 2022, too many Republicans were stuck in the past, and we paid the price for it! No more of this. The new Republican Party is a party that speaks to the silent majority of Americans, who have had enough of Joe Biden's inflation, of chaos in the streets, of socialism in the classroom. The new Republican Party is a party of action, not talk - a party that is committed to winning elections and getting conservative policy done. Here in Virginia, the new Republican Party is alive and well - under my administration, we've been hard at work rolling back the excesses of Virginia Democrats, lowering taxes and keeping divisive far-left rhetoric OUT of our schools. And you can rest assured that I will continue to fight for you, and for our conservative vision of America.

And folks, that fight starts right here in Virginia's 4th district. Folks, we're going to send Speaker Scalise some reinforcements for his fight against Democrat excess. The media and pundits call it safe blue territory, but we know better. People here are suffering from the failures of the Biden-Harris White house, too. Whether you're from downtown Richmond or rural Emporia, liberal Democrat or conservative Republican, your checkbook hurts when you go to the gas pump or grocery store because politicians in Washington put reckless tax-and-spend projects over the American people! I've had enough of my party writing off so much of the country, when so many Americans are tired of Democrat rule. We need Republican candidates who are not afraid to fight, and win, in so-called 'safe blue' territory. We did it here in Virginia in 2021. My good friend Leon Benjamin will do it here on February 21. And in 2024, we need a nominee that will fight and win in the cities, the suburbs, the rurals, and reclaim the White House for common-sense, conservative governance!

Thank you, Chester! Remember to vote!

Recordings of Youngkin's speech were disseminated across social media by the Virginia GOP.

________________________________________________________________________________

Press Release

Following the conclusion of the VA-4 campaign, Governor Youngkin will officially launch a 'listening tour' in New Hampshire, promoting his new book "A Path Forward: Revitalizing Conservatism in America", where he discusses his plan to move the Republican Party - and American conservatives at-large - past the Trump era. Youngkin will hold town hall-style events across the state, listening to local concerns about the incumbent government in Washington. The Governor will also meet with Governor Sununu of New Hampshire and the NHGOP during his time in the state.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2022, 02:56:53 PM »

Justin Amash announces unity candidacy for president

At a press conference, fmr congressman Justin Amash announced his candidacy for president, and immediately opened up for questions. Inevitably, the first question was on party as Amash had recently been critical of the republican party on his podcast with Ron Paul, and commanded the longstanding respect of libertarians.
His answer was as follows, "I will be campaigning for the republican primaries, and I will be attending the Libertarian National Convention. It's time that the animosity of two parties which should be allies be addressed."
Amash will be running on a platform to end the two-party system, restore constitutional ideals, and promote freedom in all aspects of government.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2022, 03:54:26 PM »

Jared Polis Campaign in March & April:

Jared Polis’s campaign believes it has the best shot in Nevada and New Hampshire, and as such spent much time building relationships with local leaders there. Polis participated in a splashy “brewery tour” of New Hampshire and Michigan, focusing on winning over the same type of votes that launched him to victory twice in Colorado.

After the brewery tour, Polis heads to Nevada where he meets with the Culinary Union members to discuss labor protections. He completes a work day with union members.

Finally in South Carolina, Polis visits universities in the state. Polis believes his plan for free college will win over younger voters. He also believes his pragmatic progressivism will resonate with the professors and administrators in the universities.

Back home in Colorado, Polis introduces a statewide assault weapons ban, with exceptions for antique collector’s items.

“Our state has time and time again been victimized by gun violence, as part of my plan to help get crime under control, I am introducing a bill to ban assault weapons. These are weapons of war, not hunting rifles, not tools of self defense. I call on the state house and senate to work with me to keep Coloradans safe.”

Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2022, 05:38:27 PM »

Mod Note: Please remember to follow the copyright policy when adding photos.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2022, 07:06:25 PM »

For the People; One Week Out

With one week out from the formal Harris campaign announcement, scheduled for May 3rd, now pushed back to May 5th due to scheduling conflicts regarding a trip to Canada to meet Prime Minister Trudeau. The Harris campaign is ramping up operations, printing out flyers for the announcement, building a stage on the Howard campus, and seeking attendance confirmation from the "VP's VIPs" for the kick-off rally. The campaign is in high gear all awaiting an official announcement from the Vice President and her FEC filing.

Meanwhile the Vice President's office is also going through some changes, with low level aides leaving the White House to join the Vice President's campaign and the Vice President herself staying hunkered down either at the Naval Observatory or the West Wing seeking to avoid having to answer any media questions about a presidential bid. Only emerging to the press for a quick visit to the Capitol to break a tie on a second circuit judicial nomination and quickly leaving only telling the press "Good seeing you all!"

Meanwhile the staff has begun to be formed, with Vice President Harris asking Jen O'Malley Dillon to step down from her role as Deputy White House Chief of Staff and join her campaign as it's official chair and asking Pete Kavanaugh, the deputy campaign manager from the Biden 2020 team to join her as it's official campaign manager.

She has also asked her former campaign manager for her 2020 campaign to join her as a senior advisor, as well as her sister Maya Harris, who also served in the same capacity for the Hillary for America campaign. From there, her chair and manager would begin to form a team in all 50 states and territories as well as build down the rest of the campaign organization in preparation for the
announcement.

The Vice President has also scheduled an interview with Symone Sanders-Townsend on MSNBC to announce her run on May 5th, Sanders-Townsend previously worked in the Vice President's office and the campaign believes it's a smart move to get Harris in front of a friendly and familiar face for her first interview as a candidate rather than a hostile Jake Tapper like interviewer.

The campaign has decided to base all operations from Baltimore much like her 2020 campaign, as well as its proximity to the nations capital. After the rally at Howard the Vice President will then go to Richmond, VA for a fundraiser with top democratic donors and seek their support for her campaign.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2022, 09:48:29 PM »

LIN WOOD ANNOUNCES 2024 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN IN DUBUQUE, IOWA TO LARGEST CROWD IN AMERICAN HISTORY
DISCLAIMER: The following is all satire. I do not believe the bile that Mr. Wood is about to express and do not condone any form of violence. This is merely pointing out that as bizarre as what's below, Lin Wood could very well say this if he were to run for office.

Today, disgraced attorney Lin Wood announced his candidacy in the 2024 Republican presidential race at a speech in Dubuque, Iowa. Wood's recently hired campaign spokesman, former White House Press Secretary and "Dancing With The Stars" contestant Sean Spicer, claimed that the crowd in Dubuque was the largest crowd in American history. However, journalists on the ground say that there was a crowd of nearly 30 people that showed up for his speech, with reportedly 20 of those people hired by the Wood campaign. Wood's slogan is "Get America Hard...*Like wood." Below is an excerpt of his nearly 4-hour and 32-minute speech.

Hello fellow patriots! 'Tis I, Lin Wood! And for our illegal Americans, YO SOY LIN WOOD! I want you to know that I am officially a candidate for the Presidency of the United States of America. And I want to tell you why I'm running. Priority #1 is to get rid of Obergefell and the so-called "Respect for Marriage Act." Priority #2 is to abolish gun control, stoping the Deep State, promote qAnon truths, lowering taxes for the top 0.5%, end Muslim math, and defund vaccinations! We will defund NIH, the WHO, the FDA, and the Department of the Interior!

Wood continued:
My mother used to tell me stories from the Bible every night before bed. God created Earth, as well as Adam and Eve in less than a week. God didn't create two husbands or two wives. He didn't create Adam and Steve, or Madame and Eve, he created Adam and Eve. I am a firm believer in traditional marriage, but if you are a gay keep it to yourself. I won't ask, and you better not tell me. Frankly, I've had enough of these gay supremacy parades that roll around every June. It makes me not look forward to June despite all the wonderful trees and flowers that abound. BLM, ANTIFA, Joe Biden, and Kamala Harris RIGGED this last election. Folks, we are on a revenge tour. And it starts today in Dubuque. Additionally, we must stop the influx of terrorists in our country. I am calling for a complete and total ban of Muslims in America. Any country that challenges American ideals and policies, we will bomb the living s**t out of them! Can I get an Amen? Israel is one of our most valued allies, and even though we do not agree with their ideology or religion, we must defend them. President Wood will nuke Palestine. Speaking of defense, we're gonna require public service for ALL Americans. I don't care how old you are, I don't care if you are gay, straight, transgenderformer, whatever, you're going. NEXT!

It's time to hold the Biden, Clinton, and Obama families accountable. Too many people have suffered under their regime and let me just say, I believe the First Lady should be a REAL LADY. It shouldn't be a man, and I'm looking at you, Michelle. Or should I say, MICHAEL? I need to see for myself if Michelle/Michael is a real woman. So give me some proof or we will deport you. Don't test me because I am clearly mentally unstable. As for its "husband," how do we know if Barack was born here? He could be Obama bin Ladin, it's possible! #ObamaDid9/11

Hillary Clinton is a sadist, she is a war-monger, she is a murderer, and she is a pedophile. So we will be arresting and injecting a lethal injection into Bill and Hillary, as well as John Podesta. Also, Joe has been hiding in his basement, and how do we know if Beau is really dead? There's really no way to know. So I am calling for the FBI, CIA, and the Department of Labor to swarm the Biden Basement at Biden Manor to FIND BEAU. IS HE DEAD OR IS HE ALIVE?

We will be calling for an investigation into Hillary Clinton's sexuality. She just doesn't seem very feminine. She's hiding it from the American people, can I get an Amen? This homosexual rage she has deep down inside her caused her to assassinate our beloved President John F. Kennedy. #IfKennedyWereAliveTodayHeWouldBeARepublican.

Socialism is alive and well today, and we will not be defeated the way that Sad Loser Liberal Socialist Ruth Bader Ginsburg died. And let me just say folks, I will be dismissing, FIRING, the Justices that refuse to acknowledge the illegitimate 2020 election and replacing them with Newsmax and OANN hosts. I can't wait to campaign all over this great Nation and spread my message of love and positivity. Oops, I almost forgot, immigrants are coming to rape your children. Thank you, Iowa!

Logo created myself on Keynote
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2022, 01:32:14 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2022, 01:49:01 AM by Kuumo »

Governor Whitmer Signs Right-to-Work Repeal

Quote from: Gretchen Whitmer, January 25, 2023
I am proud to sign this bill for the thousands of unionized workers in our state. Their day-and-night sacrifices ensure the smooth functioning of our economy. It's essential that employees are on equal footing to negotiate fair wages and workplace conditions to support their families.

December 2022

The news of President Biden declining to run for re-election surprised Governor Whitmer. His leadership had re-united the party and given the country a much needed recovery from the turbulent Trump years. But now, with the disgraced former President seemingly meeting his final comeuppance, that chapter was coming to a close.

Vice President Harris was the obvious choice for the party's next standard-bearer. Her experience as a state attorney general, U.S. Senator, and now VPOTUS certainly qualified her for the Presidency in terms of experience. But Whitmer had misgivings. She knew that, deserved or not, Harris was deeply unpopular with a large section of the electorate and considered the potential consequences. Even with Trump almost certainly gone, the likely candidates on the other side of the aisle didn't leave much hope for the future in the event of a Harris loss.

Though she had only seriously looked ahead to a second term as governor for the last few years, Whitmer couldn't help but consider another possibility. She would mull it over more and discuss it with Marc over Christmas.

January 2023

While attending to her usual duties as governor, Whitmer worked behind the scenes to gauge support among other state Democratic leaders in Michigan for a potential Presidential run. She agreed with the Democratic state legislative leadership that right-to-work repeal should be the first major bill passed, ensuring organized labor's continued support for the party in Michigan, as well as bringing national attention to the state.

February 2023

Whitmer met with Michigan's U.S. Senators Gary Peters and Debbie Stabenow and local political and community leaders in Detroit. An official Presidential campaign announcement is scheduled for March 6th.
RGM2609
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2022, 10:12:20 AM »

Gavin Newsom - For a Brighter Future

While Gavin Newsom has decided that the team which managed his gubernatorial campaigns will feature proeminently in the new organisation, and Newsom will attempt to get as much talent from the California Democrats as possible, recruiting key people from the 2 Obama campaigns and the Biden campaign will also be attempted. Newsom will also try to contact Former President Barack Obama for a conversation in order to get advice from him on the upcoming race, similarly to what many 2020 contenders did.

Immediately after the announcement, Newsom will book an interview with Jake Tapper on CNN and he will also attempt to make an appearance on Fox News in an town hall setting similarly to what Sanders did in 2020. In both of these as well as any other media appearances, Newsom will portray himself as an unabashed liberal, willing to fight for what he believes in and not afraid to defend his principles even in the face of opposition.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2022, 05:58:09 PM »

Matt Gaetz Announcement Speech — Pensacola, FL, February 16th, 2023

Credit: Gage Skidmore via Wikimedia Commons

Thank you, thank you. Wow, it’s incredible to see so many patriots here today. This may seem an odd way start a campaign announcement speech, but the truth is, I wish I wasn’t running for president. I wish I was standing beside President Trump, working as hard as possible for him to take our country back and restore him to the office that is rightfully his. But as we all know, the Biden regime has been using the DOJ as its political hit squad, and have tyrannically prevented the President from running in 2024.

But no matter how hard they try, no matter how much fraud they commit, they can’t keep the MAGA movement down. A movement with the vast majority of hardworking, decent patriots in this country on its side. That’s why I’m running for President. The truth is President Trump was just getting started when his tenure in office was so tragically and unfairly cut short by the massively and historically rigged 2020 election. He had put our country back on the right path for the first time in years, and it’s up to us - all of us - to finish that vital work.

I wish I could say the same about many of the other candidates who claim to call themselves Republicans. But let me let you in on a secret - they were jumping for joy when they heard about the Biden regime’s sham charges against President Trump. Despite their public statements, they always hated him. Why? Because they hate you. They fear you. For the first time, control of our party had been wrested away from the contemptuous RINO elites, and handed over to ordinary patriots. Now they want to take it back. Every Republican voters needs to think long and hard about which candidates stood with President Trump from the beginning until the bitter end, and which ones only did so when it was convenient to advance their own slimy careers.

I am the only authentic MAGA candidate in this race, the only Republican who truly cares about you, the people. I will never bow down to the DC donor class, to the swamp creatures whom President Trump struck the fear of God into. I don’t need to tell you that we may no longer have a country if we fail. But together, we will win, we will take our country back, and, yes, we will make America great again. Thank you, God bless you all, and God bless the United States of America.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2022, 02:54:14 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2022, 03:00:30 AM by S019 »

Tallahassee, Florida: February 10, 2023

(Crowd cheers as DeSantis walks onto the stage)

Thank you!

Today, we have gathered because our country is in trouble. Under Joe Biden, inflation has soured out of control and families cannot make ends meet. Joe Biden and the radical left spent trillions of taxpayer dollars and made inflation worse, and the country is suffering as a result. Unfortunately, though this isn't Joe Biden's only mistake.

Along with the radical left, Joe Biden is turning America woke. In Joe Biden's America, you're taught to hate America, not to love it.

(crowd boos)

Yes, I know it's terrible. The left is indoctrinating our children and teaching them that America is a racist country. They are teaching them that Americans are racist people. They are teaching them that we shouldn't feel proud to be Americans, but we should be sorry. I have always believed this is the greatest country on Earth, and the left will never tell me otherwise!

(crowd cheers)

When I was re-elected a few months ago, I said that Florida is where we send woke to die. Today, I'm telling you that together we will send wokism to die across America!

(crowd cheers)

But there is so much more at stake in this election. Yesterday, I submitted a bill to the Florida legislature to finally change our abortion laws, so that Florida is finally a state where we can protect life. But we cannot stop there, the time has come to protect life all across America. God has given a right to every child to live, and we must respect that right, and protect the sanctity of life across our great nation!

(crowd cheers)

Most importantly we need leadership in this country again and Joe Biden has not shown it. He has cowed to AOC and the far left at every instance. He stood with them and their socialist ideas when he tried to pass a multi-trillion dollar far-left bill which would have just added to our already ruinous national debt. Then we wonder why the Democrats are always raising our taxes.

(crowd boos)

I will cut your taxes, so that you can keep more of your money and I will stop all of this out of control leftist spending, and I will never, ever let this wonderful country fall to socialism.

(crowd cheers)

It doesn't have to be this way. We don't have to settle for the failures of Joe Biden. There is another way, and I want to be your voice and we can take back America and bring it back to greatness, together.

Thank you all very much!

(crowd cheers and waves signs saying "DeSantis 2024")

Actions:

Early Feb 2023: Submit bill to state legislature that would ban all abortions after 15 weeks except in cases of rape, incest, and danger to the life of the mother

(Other actions coming soon)
RGM2609
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2022, 03:10:34 AM »

Gavin Newsom @gavinnewsom

Even after receiving the message that was soundly delivered by the American people in the Midterms, GOP governors across the country continue to try to restrict the woman's right to choose. If they win in 2024, they'll try to impose these restrictions nationwide! #NotOnOurWatch
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2022, 11:48:43 AM »

The Endorsement Game

In the early days, Polis focuses on shoring up Colorado. He views a split state as a sign of weakness. He pitches Senators Bennet and Hickenlooper on his pragmatism and electability. He also courts his successor in the House, Joe Neguse by highlighting his climate change and voting rights positions. Polis believes he can shore up the entire delegation, setting him up to be able to shift focus to New Hampshire and Nevada in the spring.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies