What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)  (Read 22250 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« on: December 10, 2022, 04:38:25 PM »

Officially requesting Newsom.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 04:49:44 PM »

Screw it, going to switch to Youngkin.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 04:55:40 PM »

NYE could you please do not respond to every little thing people do, it serves only to clog up the thread and it's not going to help your campaign. You can convey your criticisms of other campaigns in a more concise way, or attack them during debates.

And Pink Panther, while most of your post is fine, there is no reason why a Scottish Labour politician would support your campaign or even be remotely involved. I'm voiding that and asking you to ask me if you want to do something like that.

I admit, I probably shouldn't have responded to Newsom (and I probably should have taken the high road with Kamala and ignored her), but responding to Lake and Lindell makes sense, as that's my parties primary.

Since you are voiding the reference to Alexander, I'll remove my references to him as well.

I'm asking you not to respond to every little thing people do in separate posts. It doesn't contribute anything. It's not a matter of strategy it's a matter of game function and it doesn't help your campaign. We don't need to know why you're punching down against Mike Lindell. If you want to make a speech against election denialism, do that, just don't respond to every little thing people say or we'll have a lot of clogging.

I probably can combine things into more than one post (at least in theory), or just ignore certain candidates (especially Democrats) right now.

But you are asking me to dramatically change how I approach these games, and that's very difficult.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 09:34:24 PM »

Tense but optimistic atmosphere in Youngkin HQ. Despite significant backsliding in the Governor’s percentage of the vote, DeSantis has only netted 400 votes from the rural dump that was his last shot at salvation - Youngkin and his strategists remains confident that he will emerge victorious in the Granite State.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 01:28:15 AM »

Any chance we could get a on day extension? Understandable if not, but was swamped this weekend.
Second this.

Thirded. I was almost gonna be 'that guy,' but I'm glad YPestis was brave first. Tongue
I still intend to post tomorrow (given my hellish Tuesday schedule) but wouldn't mind a little buffer room!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 10:22:20 PM »

Youngkin Campaign HQ
following events occur following poll closing, have no bearing on election results

With polls closed in the Silver State, Governor Youngkin sits back and patiently awaits news of results. The mood in Youngkin HQ is optimistic - over the past weeks, Youngkin has surged in Nevada, and regardless of the result, their campaign will have something to be proud of. The Governor and his family mingle and laugh with the crowd of attendees (many of whom are donning Youngkin's signature red sweater vests - the Youngkin campaign shop's best-selling item) before making their way back to the war room as polls close.

A reporter catches the Governor for a question regarding the Hawley campaign's allegation against Stone and Lake. Youngkin answers curtly before proceeding backstage.

Quote from: Gov. Glenn Youngkin
Look, I couldn't possibly comment. My focus is on winning the great state of Nevada tonight.

The mood backstage is more restained - Stone's recent surge has added a veneer of nervousness to the atmosphere. While second place is more than an agreeable result for a contest Youngkin was pulling 5% in mere months ago, campaign strategists have become increasingly concerned with the potential for a double-digit Stone victory, which would blunt the momentum boost Youngkin would receive from a strong finish in silver. Anecdotal reports corroborate these concerns - while the Governor is performing strongly in Clark County and Washoe County, Stone appears to be absolutely reaming him in the rurals, and the sheer margins Stone was likely to put up there made Youngkin the clear underdog. The Youngkin campaign estimated a roughly 5-9 point Stone victory, and planned accordingly. Regardless of how the night would unfold, Youngkin would deliver a speech thanking his supporters and commenting on the eventual results - and then, he would take a campaign bus (conveniently waiting outside the convention center) on a redeye ride to Los Angeles. Super Tuesday was coming, and the Governor was prepared to do anything (even sacrifice his sleep) to achieve victory.

The time had come. Could Nevada give Youngkin a second upset victory in as many tries?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 07:20:47 PM »

Gonna be quite the show tonight.

This has to be an all-time great game by now. Good luck to everyone involved!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 01:07:21 AM »

Thank you, Dave! Excellent content.

I will say that it doesn't make a lot of sense for Colorado to have 21 delegates - that's less than Maine. I suspect the COGOP did something to piss off the RNC during 2016 and got their representation halved (as 42 delegates would track better), though that's also more than Minnesota so I'm not really sure. Would appreciate if this got looked into!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 12:32:31 AM »

It's been fun, y'all, but college workload would college workload. If anyone's (not a current player) willing to take over for me as Glenn Youngkin, I'm down to consider passing the reins down.

Thanks to Dave for this excellent game - sorry I don't think I can be part of it anymore. Best of luck to everyone!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2023, 02:51:13 PM »

Also in favor of this - could open the door to me possibly coming back on as Youngkin if the timing is right.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2023, 06:31:36 PM »

I am putting out official feelers for interest in resuming the game Late May/Early June.

That sounds great. What does everyone else think?
Initial thoughts aren’t great - undergoing oral surgery and starting a position in DC at that time. We’ll see though, worst case I can hand off Youngkin again.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2023, 07:16:28 PM »

Don’t think I can realistically come back, but more than happy to give Laki or another experienced player my blessing to continue as Youngkin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies