What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:58:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)  (Read 23696 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2022, 11:57:44 PM »
« edited: December 12, 2022, 12:06:04 AM by KaiserDave »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=533590.msg8910456#msg8910456

Let's begin. Twelve days.

If you have any questions or confusion do tell.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2022, 12:58:45 PM »

How will endorsements be announced and updated for us to keep track?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2022, 01:09:23 PM »

How will endorsements be announced and updated for us to keep track?

I neglected to create the endorsements list for the first turn but nobody has really announced yet. I will have it out at midturn.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2022, 02:41:53 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2022, 02:45:22 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Could I do Nikki Haley?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2022, 03:15:18 PM »

Granted
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2022, 05:00:41 PM »

Thanks!  I originally wanted to do Chris Christie, but I saw he wasn't an option, so Haley was the next best thing that wasn't already taken.
Carolyn
Rookie
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2022, 10:22:09 PM »

Damn the Hatch Act for limiting my options
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2022, 10:30:02 PM »

I tried being good to ol’ Booty-Edge

But now I see I must handle this the Clinton way..
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2022, 10:43:56 PM »

In case there's any confusion, you're more than welcome to actually announce your campaign in this phase. You probably should not wait for the Summer...
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2022, 10:56:08 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 11:11:23 AM by KaiserDave »

Please do not get into glib shouting matches which each other. It serves no purpose other than spam. I’m banning it. Candidates are of course free to comment on the other party’s primary and attack each other but not this irrelevant spam.

Stop the current exchange.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2022, 04:46:47 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 04:50:26 PM by KaiserDave »

NYE could you please do not respond to every little thing people do, it serves only to clog up the thread and it's not going to help your campaign. You can convey your criticisms of other campaigns in a more concise way, or attack them during debates. And given what's next you should probably just delete your post.

And Pink Panther, while most of your post is fine, there is no reason why a Scottish Labour politician would support your campaign or even be remotely involved. I'm voiding that (please delete) and asking you to ask me if you want to do something like that.

This is supposed to be a reasonably serious game and I want people to enjoy and not get distracted.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2022, 04:51:07 PM »

NYE could you please do not respond to every little thing people do, it serves only to clog up the thread and it's not going to help your campaign. You can convey your criticisms of other campaigns in a more concise way, or attack them during debates.

And Pink Panther, while most of your post is fine, there is no reason why a Scottish Labour politician would support your campaign or even be remotely involved. I'm voiding that and asking you to ask me if you want to do something like that.

I admit, I probably shouldn't have responded to Newsom (and I probably should have taken the high road with Kamala and ignored her), but responding to Lake and Lindell makes sense, as that's my parties primary.

Since you are voiding the reference to Alexander, I'll remove my references to him as well.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2022, 04:52:51 PM »

NYE could you please do not respond to every little thing people do, it serves only to clog up the thread and it's not going to help your campaign. You can convey your criticisms of other campaigns in a more concise way, or attack them during debates.

And Pink Panther, while most of your post is fine, there is no reason why a Scottish Labour politician would support your campaign or even be remotely involved. I'm voiding that and asking you to ask me if you want to do something like that.

I admit, I probably shouldn't have responded to Newsom (and I probably should have taken the high road with Kamala and ignored her), but responding to Lake and Lindell makes sense, as that's my parties primary.

Since you are voiding the reference to Alexander, I'll remove my references to him as well.

I'm asking you not to respond to every little thing people do in separate posts. It doesn't contribute anything. It's not a matter of strategy it's a matter of game function and it doesn't help your campaign. We don't need to know why you're punching down against Mike Lindell. If you want to make a speech against election denialism, do that, just don't respond to every little thing people say or we'll have a lot of clogging.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2022, 04:55:04 PM »

I'm asking you not to respond to every little thing people do in separate posts. It doesn't contribute anything. It's not a matter of strategy it's a matter of game function and it doesn't help your campaign. We don't need to know why you're punching down against Mike Lindell. If you want to make a speech against election denialism, do that, just don't respond to every little thing people say or we'll have a lot of clogging.

I probably can combine things into more than one post (at least in theory), or just ignore certain candidates (especially Democrats) right now.

But you are asking me to dramatically change how I approach these games, and that's very difficult.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2022, 04:55:40 PM »

I probably can combine things into more than one post (at least in theory), or just ignore certain candidates (especially Democrats) right now.

But you are asking me to dramatically change how I approach these games, and that's very difficult.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2022, 04:57:16 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 05:08:47 PM by KaiserDave »

Yes that's exactly what I'm asking. Making random attacks on other candidates without developing an effective brand and marketing that brand to voters does not a campaign make. If that's a dramatic change to how you usually play maybe that's for the best. And the way you're doing it right now piecemeal isn't contributory.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2022, 05:10:10 PM »

Yes that's exactly what I'm asking. Making random attacks on other candidates without developing an effective brand and marketing that brand to voters does not a campaign make. If that's a dramatic change to how you usually play maybe that's for the best. And the way you're doing it right now piecemeal isn't contributory.

On the plus side, now that I have my announcement speech done, I should be done for the turn unless I'm attacked, someone says something/does something I need to respond to (hopefully that doesn't happen) or there's some news that I should respond to (also hopefully that doesn't happen).
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2022, 05:13:14 PM »

On the plus side, now that I have my announcement speech done, I should be done for the turn unless I'm attacked, someone says something/does something I need to respond to (hopefully that doesn't happen) or there's some news that I should respond to (also hopefully that doesn't happen).

Where did it occur to you that THE Michael Richard Pence would accuse US Presidents of sniffing the "assholes" of foreign leaders.
Revise.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2022, 05:43:02 PM »

Where did it occur to you that THE Michael Richard Pence would accuse US Presidents of sniffing the "assholes" of foreign leaders.
Revise.
What the f*** lmfao
Pink Panther

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2022, 06:09:19 PM »

NYE could you please do not respond to every little thing people do, it serves only to clog up the thread and it's not going to help your campaign. You can convey your criticisms of other campaigns in a more concise way, or attack them during debates. And given what's next you should probably just delete your post.

And Pink Panther, while most of your post is fine, there is no reason why a Scottish Labour politician would support your campaign or even be remotely involved. I'm voiding that (please delete) and asking you to ask me if you want to do something like that.

This is supposed to be a reasonably serious game and I want people to enjoy and not get distracted.
It's funny, though(but seriously, I'll delete that section now. I'll ask you next time on stuff like this.)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2022, 07:09:04 PM »

It's funny, though(but seriously, I'll delete that section now. I'll ask you next time on stuff like this.)
Put in Lembit Opik since he has been declared leader of a microcountry, spoken at the UKIP conference this year on wokeneas even though anyone serious left in 2018/2019, voided his LibDem membership so he could get money to speak at some how to target LibDems thing and claim he was a loyal LibDem afterwards, and considered running for President of Estonia in 2019.
Pink Panther

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2022, 07:16:37 PM »

Put in Lembit Opik since he has been declared leader of a microcountry, spoken at the UKIP conference this year on wokeneas even though anyone serious left in 2018/2019, voided his LibDem membership so he could get money to speak at some how to target LibDems thing and claim he was a loyal LibDem afterwards, and considered running for President of Estonia in 2019.
Hmm...
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2022, 10:17:15 PM »

I'm sorry but there's so much room for conspiracy theorizing wackos (and in any case, if you want to go there, you're better off with Marjorie Taylor Greene anyways. At least she won her race in 2022).

It helped that she was in a Trump+38 district instead of a Biden state. And in fact, Greene underperformed Trump 2020 in GA14 than Lake did in AZ.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2022, 10:18:11 PM »

The Harris campaign strategy:

Harnessing the power of Ann Richards and Bill Nelson, we will unite every single coastal state in our column inshallah.

More than anything else, I'm curious as to why AL is so Democratic in particular?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2022, 10:18:35 PM »

The Harris campaign strategy:

Harnessing the power of Ann Richards and Bill Nelson, we will unite every single coastal state in our column inshallah.
316 firewall!

*freiwal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies