BREAKING: US has traded Russian arms dealer, Viktor Bout (Merchant of Death) for Brittney Griner
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: US has traded Russian arms dealer, Viktor Bout (Merchant of Death) for Brittney Griner
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Poll
Question: Do you support this prisoner swap?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (O)

No (O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 126

Author Topic: BREAKING: US has traded Russian arms dealer, Viktor Bout (Merchant of Death) for Brittney Griner  (Read 8274 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2022, 06:22:09 PM »

Well, then, enlighten me.  What are the statements that disprove the assertion that Brittney Griner hates America?

Lol that’s not how it works. You’re making the assertion that she hates America, the burden of proof is on you.

Sorry, you don't make the rules, either.  This isn't Court.

This is how all discussions and debates work. The person making the claim has to provide the proof.

Proof is not having a larger mob behind you to shout others down.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: December 14, 2022, 06:44:16 PM »

Well, then, enlighten me.  What are the statements that disprove the assertion that Brittney Griner hates America?

Lol that’s not how it works. You’re making the assertion that she hates America, the burden of proof is on you.

Sorry, you don't make the rules, either.  This isn't Court.

This is how all discussions and debates work. The person making the claim has to provide the proof.

Proof is not having a larger mob behind you to shout others down.
Ah yes, the guy baldly asserting that whoever he doesn’t like must be evil and hate America so that  he doesn’t have to engage in any actual debate on the subject is here to lecture us all about having his ideas “shouted down.”
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2022, 05:16:59 PM »

Brittney Griner DOES hate America; let's stop kidding ourselves.  She's not "showing her patriotism in a different way" or some kind of drivel like that.  She has had nothing but criticism in her public statements, and she delights in the offense she causes among millions of Americans who believe that America is a fundamentally GOOD nation that has, on balance, been a force for Good in the World. 

Once upon a time, there was a man who had a wife.  In his conversation with his wife he would almost always be critical about her personality, and her family (how she came from a line of losers), how they were this and that negative quality.  He would always acknowledge her as his wife, but he would be openly critical of her (she needs to lose weight "for her health", she "doesn't understand him", etc.  You get the drift.  As to telling his wife that he loves her, this husband would say things like "You know I love you!", or (even worse) "I've already told you that."  Now this husband did fulfill his obligation to work, pay the bills, etc. and he did not cheat.

Does this man love his wife?  Of course not; he hates and despises her.  He doesn't want that reputation, because that reputation is inconvenient, but he hates her.  Someone who loves their wife shows it.  Someone who loves their wife emphasizes the positive and discusses their differences discreetly.  And someone who loves their wife (or their parents, or their kids, for that matter) affirms that every day.  People who can't do that are people who don't love their wives but don't want the whole world to know that.

This hypothetical example illustrates Brittney Griner's feelings toward America.  She hates it.  Until, of course, she needs America to save her from the wrath of Mad Vlad.  These husbands have their "Mad Vlad" days as well, when they realize that they NEED their wife, but their wife, after being mentally and emotionally loathed comes to their aid, but the years of emotional neglect shows in her lack of an enthusiastic response.  That's where I am with Brittney Griner, and where millions of Americans are with this issue.  We're glad she's home because she's one of the family.  But she's been a lousy family member.  I'm hoping that this experience will prove transformative for Griner, but to tell me that Brittney Griner doesn't hate America is to tell me that it's raining while you allow your to relieve himself/herself on my pant leg.

Do you honestly believe that a) criticizing America means you hate it or that b) the relationship between a husband and his wife is in any way, shape, or form comparable to the relationship between a person and their country?

It's a valid analogy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2022, 06:49:04 PM »

Notice that when Fuzzy Bear inwardly knows he's lost an argument or realizes he's not making any sense, he either vanishes from threads completely, or in this case, responds with just one dismissive sentence instead of the usual eight-paragraph dissertation.  He does it to me all the time.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2022, 07:13:05 PM »

Notice that when Fuzzy Bear inwardly knows he's lost an argument or realizes he's not making any sense, he either vanishes from threads completely, or in this case, responds with just one dismissive sentence instead of the usual eight-paragraph dissertation.  He does it to me all the time.

I've made my point.   I've stood by it.

Dogpiling, shouting louder, more intensive gaslighting, isn't logical arg; that's what you do.  Brittney Griner hates America and she got caught at being a hater.  That only mattered to the Left once she was in the position of the Country she hates and decried as racist saved her at no small costs.

Atlas is a place where the Left freely hates, but gaslights others when they're caught hating.  Getting caught interrupts their narrative.   Meanwhile, ordinary people know hate when they see it.   The only way I will think Brittney Griner doesn't hate America is by some sort of admittedly being wrong about at least some of what she said.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2022, 07:20:02 PM »

Brittney Griner hates America and she got caught at being a hater.

And this has been proven wrong several times, yet you insist on the fingers-in-ears "la la la I'm not listening" approach.  The moment Boomers (and the remaining previous generation) see people refusing to comply with all the same behavioral routines you grew up having drilled into you, your brains just shut down.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2022, 10:15:31 PM »

Brittney Griner hates America and she got caught at being a hater.

And this has been proven wrong several times, yet you insist on the fingers-in-ears "la la la I'm not listening" approach.  The moment Boomers (and the remaining previous generation) see people refusing to comply with all the same behavioral routines you grew up having drilled into you, your brains just shut down.

Sorry to ruin your virtue signaling.  Unfortunately, no one died and left you sole arbiter.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2022, 10:22:26 PM »

Sorry to ruin your virtue signaling.  Unfortunately, no one died and left you sole arbiter.

But ... that's a sentence that would be said to you on this thread, not by you, right?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2022, 11:57:57 PM »

Why?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #234 on: March 30, 2023, 06:42:58 AM »

Kommersant claims an American WSJ journalist has been arrested on charges of espionage and will be brought to Moscow imminently: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/5902393?from=top_main_1

In my view, this guy is reaping what the galaxy-brained dealmakers sowed in this case.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #235 on: March 30, 2023, 06:59:03 AM »

Kommersant claims an American WSJ journalist has been arrested on charges of espionage and will be brought to Moscow imminently: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/5902393?from=top_main_1

In my view, this guy is reaping what the galaxy-brained dealmakers sowed in this case.

Murdoch should send Tucker Carlson to negotiate his release since he is such a big fan of Vlad.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies