ReallySuper a Kenekoa o Pākīpika

<< < (3/3)

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon:
Quote from: ReallySuper on December 11, 2022, 01:43:37 AM

Quote from: Official Ballot

4. You are permitted to write your ballot in a language other than English, provided you use only Latin characters (A, B, C, ...) and Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, ...) to spell out the names of candidates for office and list all candidates or options that appear on this official sample ballot.

Quote from: Unconditional Surrender Truman on February 04, 2020, 09:19:33 PM

AN ACT
to ensure the linguistic freedoms of Frémont and her citizens

Section 1 (Title and Definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Regional Linguistic Freedom Act."
ii. A “jurisdiction” refers to any state, city, or municipality within the region of Frémont.

Section 2 (Ballot Language Rights)
i. The person responsible for publishing the official ballot must create a ballot written in English, although they are permitted to publish additional ballots for public use in other languages.
ii. If a voter’s ballot is written in a language other than English, the person responsible for counting the votes in the election must count their vote to be just as valid as if the ballot was written in English.
iii. If the section of the ballot in question calls for the voter to vote from a pool of one or more candidates, the names of each candidate must be written out using Latin characters, Arabic numerals, and/or any other characters present within the candidates’ names.
iv. To make tallying the votes easier for the vote counter, if a question on a non-English ballot is a yes or no question, the “yes” option must be placed first, the “no” option placed second, and the “abstain” option placed third.
v. Unless the voter mentions what their response translates to in English, they are not permitted to omit any of the three options listed above in subsection (iv).

Section 3 (Access to Government Services)
i. The Government of Frémont is committed to ensuring that
   a. All citizens of Frémont, without regard to their first language learned, have equal opportunities to obtain basic needs and services provided by their government;
    b. Those who don’t speak English have the same health access, education rights, and access to utilities as English-speakers; and
    c. Obtaining these basic needs and services shall be as painless and straightforward to those who cannot speak English as it can possibly be.
ii. In carrying out the commitment of the Government of Frémont under subsection (i), the region’s government shall mandate that every jurisdiction within the region provide its services in languages whose speakers consist of more than 1% of the population.
   a. These “services” are including, but not limited to, all services regarding healthcare, education, law enforcement, and utilities.
    b. If a jurisdiction’s population is less than 20,000 as of the latest census, it is exempt from subsection (ii).
    c. The number of people who speak each language can be determined either by an official census done by the jurisdiction, or by judging of a sample size consisting of at least 10% of the jurisdiction’s population.
    d. Acknowledging that a wide amount of Frémont is reliant on its usage, all of the services listed in subsection (ii) must be provided in English alongside the other languages.

Quote from: 11th Amendment to the Constitution of Frémont

AN AMENDMENT
to avoid chauvinism and to recognize linguistic diversity within our region

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this amendment shall be, the "Frémont Official Language Amendment."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. On a regional level, the Commonwealth of Frémont shall not recognize any language as official.
ii. On a statewide level, the individual states of the region are permitted to recognize their own official languages.

I ka ʻōlelo nō ke ola, i ka ʻōlelo nō ka make.

At-Large wise, a Fremont provision is irrelevant.
As for the Fremont Elections, read this of the very thing you posted:

iii. If the section of the ballot in question calls for the voter to vote from a pool of one or more candidates, the names of each candidate must be written out using Latin characters, Arabic numerals, and/or any other characters present within the candidates’ names.

Your Fremont ballot - and your declaration - contains numerous characters that are neither latin nor arabic.
That being said, the section of your Fremont ballot that votes for you is intelligible enough where it should be counted as valid. However, it does not affect the results of that election.

ReallySuper:
Quote from: Lincoln Deputy Dwarven Dragon on December 11, 2022, 10:50:58 PM

At-Large wise, a Fremont provision is irrelevant.
As for the Fremont Elections, read this of the very thing you posted:

Your Fremont ballot - and your declaration - contains numerous characters that are neither latin nor arabic.
That being said, the section of your Fremont ballot that votes for you is intelligible enough where it should be counted as valid. However, it does not affect the results of that election.

My ballots contain non-Latin and non-Arabic characters for the parties/states/ballot instructions, but that doesn't matter. The only prohibition is using those characters in the names of each candidate, which I did not do and have never done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page