SB 112-42: Off-Site Resignations Act (Passed)

(1/4) > >>

Mr. Reactionary:

OFF-SITE RESIGNATIONS ACT

1. If a sitting Senator shall be involuntarily incapable of making posts on TalkElections forum and such Senator wishes to resign from office prior to the expiration of his or her term, then such Senator may submit notice of his or her intention to resign to no less than three (3) sitting Senators, at least one (1) of which must be in such Senator's party, if applicable, and one (1) of which must be the PPT.

2. Any sitting Senator contacted pursuant to this act may make a public post of such intent to resign, and shall include in such post a screen capture of the resignation transmitted by the resigning Senator.

3. Upon the certification of such resignation by two (2) other sitting Senators, including the posting by such Senators of screen captures of the resignation transmitted by the resigning Senator, the resignation shall become effective immediately.

4. Upon suspicion that the resignation is fraudulent, any Senator may appeal to the Supreme Court for a determination of the accuracy of such resignation.

5. This act shall take effect immediately.

Sponsor: Greg
Debate on this bill is now open.

West_Midlander:
This is a good bill and the procedures within in it would only be used in extenuating circumstances. I doubt how anyone could make a pro-democracy, good-faith argument against this legislation.

Mr. Reactionary:
Quote from: West_Midlander on December 05, 2022, 02:03:36 PM

This is a good bill and the procedures within in it would only be used in extenuating circumstances. I doubt how anyone could make a pro-democracy, good-faith argument against this legislation.

I agree.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee:
A lot of our approaches to how mod actions are responded to in game are holdovers from a long time ago and even if repassed (or not considering Atlasia's penchant for forgetting to repass pre-reset stuff), still were from an era in which various stages of escalation were less frequently applied and/or did not exist. This meant that you had moderator reviews, and perma bans. While I am not saying that nothing in between existed during this period, the utilization of such didn't impact Atlasia all that much.

Indeed the first instances where this came up that I can recall, were the situations in 2015 regarding JoMCar and Adam Griffin, which in the former case involved a complete reversal of a perma ban within days. However, these were "extraordinary times" for the site and for the game and no need was seen to more fully develop our procedures.  

However, in the modern situation, we need to be cognizant of the impact of mutes, temp bans and board bans, as these are more commonly deployed now. In many cases these would not exceed the number of elections necessary to even be deregistered normally through attrition, however, very much likely to exceed an At-Large term or the bulk of a four month term.

Granted the issue of deregistration and that of resignation would tend to separate from each other at these earlier stages of forum penalty escalation, so if anyone is confused why I referenced both here it is because they are defacto resolved to together with perma-bans, since automatic deregistration of perma-bans leads to a vacancy of the offices held.

Mr. Reactionary:
I move for a final vote. 24 hours to object.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page