GA: Insider Advantage: Sen. Warnock (D) +2 (rounded: +3) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:36:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  GA: Insider Advantage: Sen. Warnock (D) +2 (rounded: +3) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA: Insider Advantage: Sen. Warnock (D) +2 (rounded: +3)  (Read 1557 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« on: December 05, 2022, 02:58:07 PM »

LMAO they're literally only returning to herd so that they don't get an F rating next time on 538.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 02:59:54 PM »

Like, these 18-39, White, Independent, Black numbers are all still ridiculous. I feel like they essentially do the same thing that Traflagar "does" - have a topline # in mind that they want to get to, and then fudge where they can to make it work.

They can't seriously still be having Democrats losing 18-39 year olds after all of their messy polls in the midterms... come on now.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 01:54:32 PM »

A few comments from a Georgia numbers guy:

I think it's more just a sign that the poll is fake.

Or just a symptom of low response rates leading to the same sort of systemically biased crosstab issues we see in many polls.

Although I guess in some sense that makes a poll "fake," but in that sense basically all polls are fake, because they basically all have these problems (especially Rs doing better with supposed minorities and young voters than in reality).

Eh, I'm starting to wonder if places like Landmark, IA, Trafalgar do really just cook the books sometimes. They all have the *same* issues (Reps always doing better with Blacks, young voters, etc.) There's no way it's uniform across all those outfits consistently unless something was seriously off.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 03:39:51 PM »

Eh, I'm starting to wonder if places like Landmark, IA, Trafalgar do really just cook the books sometimes. They all have the *same* issues (Reps always doing better with Blacks, young voters, etc.) There's no way it's uniform across all those outfits consistently unless something was seriously off.

Those specific issues with those specific crosstabs have been a pattern for non-hack pollsters also though.

True, but not to the extent of these ones though. It's just like IA, who consistently, poll after poll, had the Republican winning "other" (hispanic/asian) race like 75-15 in a ton of polls. It was so ridiculously consistent that there's just no way you could come up with that # over and over again unless you were fudging things to come out to the desired overall result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies