Which state would you rather live in? Florida or Virginia?

(1/3) > >>

jamestroll:
I would pick Virginia

1) People are friendlier in Virginia from my experience. Yes, even in Nova.

2) While Florida may have better beaches, I do feel like the scenery in Virginia is overall much better. The Western part of Virginia is stunningly beautiful and impressive (and I lived in Utah for much of my life and look at my current avatar now!). Even if the Virginia beaches are not as nice as the Florida ones, I do find them less crowded and I love the flora on the Virginia coast. Fell in love with it.

3) There is a lot to do in Virginia. It is far more than just a beach state. I also like its location. Being so close to DC and Maryland are plusses as well as access to the Northeast. There is something for everyone's preference there.  

Florida is not all bad.

1) Climate is perfect for me in Florida.

2) Flying over south Florida is quite an experience.

3) This can apply to both states to an extent, but diversity is a huge plus for me.

Both states have solid economies.

I'd still pick Virginia by a long shot.

Florida was my go to place during covid. During eras of shut downs and cheap flights.

Progressive Pessimist:
Easily Virginia. I hate Glenn Youngkin but not as much as I hate DeSuckass.

But even ignoring politics, considering how similar some parts of Virginia are to where I already live I don't think there would be too much of an adjustment, that pertains to the climate too.

Mr. Smith:
Literally lived in Virginia once.  Visited last Spring. It was great.

Santander:
I could live in Rosslyn and not completely hate myself, even if I hate NoVA.

John Dule:
Which way, western man?

Option 1: Endless mind-numbing repetitive identical suburbs, or...

Option 2: Endless mind-numbing repetitive identical suburbs with flooding hazard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page