Mississippi Megathread 2023 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:21:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mississippi Megathread 2023 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi Megathread 2023  (Read 21293 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 16, 2023, 02:47:51 AM »

Should Waller jump into the GOP primary I might just vote for him instead of voting in the Dem primary. I don't expect Reeves to be successfully primaried, but he's horrible and I do think it'd better serve the state if the Governor who'll certainly be a Republican would be a more moderate one.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 09:51:11 AM »

Interesting article on Presley's outreach to black voters, especially in light of the LA-GOV situation. Did Hood put this much effort into reaching black voters?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/17/us/politics/mississippi-governor-race-black-voters.html

Hood didn't. He didn't even seek Congressman Thompson's endorsement while Presley was endorsed by him not long after he entered the Governor's race in January.

Here's a link if you want to know more: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brandon-presley-democrat-mississippi-governor-race_n_65318140e4b03b213b0942bd
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 12:54:38 PM »

Nothing special to say other than I voted absentee this morning. The line wasn't very long though. I might've waited about 45 minutes or so.

On the whole momentum thing, you could pretty much just mark me as "see it to believe it" to see Presley making it very close in the end. I'm thinking Reeves +6 since we haven't really had any polls released recently and we're basically relying on what insiders say + vibes and I'd rather not do that this time around lol.

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 08:33:39 AM »

Another important region to watch is the Gulf Coast counties. If Presley is looking to win, he should target to improve upon Hood's performance there. It's a strongly Republican region with a relatively large military presence and relatively dense.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 03:15:08 PM »

One issue that was central to Presley’s campaign were the possible closure of rural hospitals across the state + Medicaid expansion. It’s possible that his more populist style of campaigning might’ve been what turned some of those kinds of voters off. It’s also worth mentioning that this race seemed to be less nationalized compared to last cycle.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies