Morning Consult Most Popular Governors
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:18:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Morning Consult Most Popular Governors
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Morning Consult Most Popular Governors  (Read 749 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2023, 09:35:08 AM »

Their latest updated list for Aug-Oct:

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 10:15:29 AM »

It's interesting that just one is under water (who just won reelection by an underwhelming margin) and one tied. Everyone else is in net positive terrain.

An eye catcher is FL. Rob! seems to have lost support in FL since announcing his WH bid.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 10:38:45 AM »

Josh Shapiro is one of the least disapproved of Governors in America despite being a Democrat in a swing state. PA continues to win!
Duke of York

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 10:44:57 AM »

Kathy Hochul remains popular but not overwhelmingly so.
Dave Hedgehog
Rookie
United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 11:07:18 AM »

Those Scott numbers are just unreal. I'm also surprised to see Laura Kelly above Beshear, seeing as how the latter just won reelection by a better margin in a not-inconsiderably redder state. JBE below Hobbs is a bit of an eye-opener too; pretty sure his luck would have run out this year if he hadn't been term-limited (though I'm convinced that one at least would have gone to a runoff).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 11:51:54 AM »

Honestly I feel like Hochul is a good case of "Twitter is not real life"; there seems to be quite a lot of animosity towards her and yet +10 is pretty good given the circumstances. It's not amazing, especially for D+20 NY, but you'd expect it to be even worse given how people act towards her.
Duke of York

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 12:01:52 PM »

Honestly I feel like Hochul is a good case of "Twitter is not real life"; there seems to be quite a lot of animosity towards her and yet +10 is pretty good given the circumstances. It's not amazing, especially for D+20 NY, but you'd expect it to be even worse given how people act towards her.

I agree. I'd say Facebook as well. if you look at comments on her page on just about everything you'd think Hochul was massively unpopular and wonder how she won reelection.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 01:59:42 PM »

I wonder whether Hochul could win by much more in 2026 compared to 2022?

Most outstanding number is obviously Ultra Emperor Phil Scott. This guys approval ratings and election results are just insane. Also kind of amazing Ned Lamont is doing so well. I remember that after barely winning in 2018, he quickly became unpopular in 2019 and just surged after Covid hit. Subsequently, he never lost his popularity. But seems like he's a competent manager of the state's business and barely makes waves.

On an additional note, it seems somewhat odd almost all governors are at least semi-popular in a time leaders on the international stage are increasingly disliked. Most of the G7 leaders for example currently have low approvals.
Duke of York

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 03:01:25 PM »

Most outstanding number is obviously Ultra Emperor Phil Scott. This guys approval ratings and election results are just insane. Also kind of amazing Ned Lamont is doing so well. I remember that after barely winning in 2018, he quickly became unpopular in 2019 and just surged after Covid hit. Subsequently, he never lost his popularity. But seems like he's a competent manager of the state's business and barely makes waves.

On an additional note, it seems somewhat odd almost all governors are at least semi-popular in a time leaders on the international stage are increasingly disliked. Most of the G7 leaders for example currently have low approvals.

If Hochul runs again yes I think its very possible.The main reason for her lackluster victory was barely campaigning and running an overall terrible campaign.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 03:16:17 PM »

If Hochul runs again yes I think its very possible.The main reason for her lackluster victory was barely campaigning and running an overall terrible campaign.

Agreed, although she started pretty strong into the primary season. Remember that she wasn't seen as a shoe-in for the nomination after taking office and then essentially boxed James out of the race after two months who was seen as the frontrunner. I expect her to run for one more term in 2026 and then retire in 2030. Delgado might be in a good position to take over then or a younger member of the House delegation such as Goldman.
Duke of York

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 04:10:04 PM »

Agreed, although she started pretty strong into the primary season. Remember that she wasn't seen as a shoe-in for the nomination after taking office and then essentially boxed James out of the race after two months who was seen as the frontrunner. I expect her to run for one more term in 2026 and then retire in 2030. Delgado might be in a good position to take over then or a younger member of the House delegation such as Goldman.
I could definitely see Delgado running. Not sure if I see Goldman running.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 06:38:20 PM »

Those Scott numbers are just unreal. I'm also surprised to see Laura Kelly above Beshear, seeing as how the latter just won reelection by a better margin in a not-inconsiderably redder state. JBE below Hobbs is a bit of an eye-opener too; pretty sure his luck would have run out this year if he hadn't been term-limited (though I'm convinced that one at least would have gone to a runoff).

Laura Kelly had to deal with a considerably more nationalized midterm environment than Beshear did. His would’ve definitely been closer and he might have even lost if he had been on the same ballot as Rand Paul.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2023, 06:40:12 PM »

It's interesting that just one is under water (who just won reelection by an underwhelming margin) and one tied. Everyone else is in net positive terrain.

An eye catcher is FL. Rob! seems to have lost support in FL since announcing his WH bid.

I seriously think Reynolds is only tied because she endorsed DeSantis.
Dave Hedgehog
Rookie
United Kingdom
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2023, 08:01:54 AM »

Laura Kelly had to deal with a considerably more nationalized midterm environment than Beshear did. His would’ve definitely been closer and he might have even lost if he had been on the same ballot as Rand Paul.
I wonder if when Republicans retake the KY governorship they are going to move those elections to coincide with the midterms or the presidential cycles. If they do they'll likely have a hammerlock on it for decades (then again, they probably will already after Beshear leaves). Already shaping up like MS-GOV is going to be the most competitive 2027 race.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2023, 09:38:34 AM »

I seriously think Reynolds is only tied because she endorsed DeSantis.

What was her approval rating before? I can't imagine that's such a factor.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies