NewYorkExpress: Campaign Office-Northeast Senate

<< < (2/18) > >>

NewYorkExpress:
Quote from: Enduro on December 09, 2022, 06:03:15 PM

You don't want the position, and there is another candidate. Why not drop out? Why are you running? Also, is a member of the GM team allowed to hold office? Wouldn't that be considered a conflict of interest?

I hope you don't see my questions as being rude, but I'm curious as to what your answers would be.

Yes one member of the GM Team is allowed to hold office.

I may not have wanted to run, but I definitely want to win. I'm competitive like that, and it has been pointed out to me that a member of the GM Team in an office of some kind is important.

NewYorkExpress:
Concession Speech

While the polls are not yet closed, I feel that the deficit I am currently facing is simply too great for me to have a realistic chance at victory.

I would like to congratulate my opponent, Lakigigar on his impending election to the Senate. Both of us fought an excellent campaign in a seat neither of us thought would be open.

I also would like to congratulate my colleague on the GM Team, Weatherboy1102, on his likely return to the Senate. We've worked as a great team for the past few months as part of the GM Team, and even though you are returning to the Senate, I look forward to that continuing.

I would also like to thank the DA for having the faith to endorse me, and I'm sorry I was unable to repay your faith in me.

This won't be the last you see of me. I intend to remain an active member of the GM Team, and I will run for office again in the future.

NewYorkExpress

West_Midlander:
Quote from: GM Team Member NewYorkExpress on December 09, 2022, 09:46:29 PM

You don't want the position, and there is another candidate. Why not drop out? Why are you running? Also, is a member of the GM team allowed to hold office? Wouldn't that be considered a conflict of interest?

I hope you don't see my questions as being rude, but I'm curious as to what your answers would be.

I may not have wanted to run, but I definitely want to win. I'm competitive like that, and it has been pointed out to me that a member of the GM Team in an office of some kind is important.

Why is it important to have a member of the GM Team in elected office (genuinely asking)?

NewYorkExpress:
Quote from: West_Midlander on December 11, 2022, 01:17:43 PM

Why is it important to have a member of the GM Team in elected office (genuinely asking)?

Having an inside look at policy being discussed in the Senate that you can bring back to the other members of the team is valuable (at least, that's my reasoning). How I would vote on said policy isn't (indeed, I'd probably be abstaining a lot to avoid interfering with ongoing storylines if I had won), but giving my teammates a look at how the Senate is deliberating, and occasionally voting on policy is important (indeed, if I won, my vote would likely have been three people, not one, as I likely would be voting for the entire team any time I voted on something.)

West_Midlander:
Quote from: GM Team Member NewYorkExpress on December 11, 2022, 01:26:46 PM

Quote from: West_Midlander on December 11, 2022, 01:17:43 PM

Having an inside look at policy being discussed in the Senate that you can bring back to the other members of the team is valuable (at least, that's my reasoning). How I would vote on said policy isn't (indeed, I'd probably be abstaining a lot to avoid interfering with ongoing storylines if I had won), but giving my teammates a look at how the Senate is deliberating, and occasionally voting on policy is important (indeed, if I won, my vote would likely have been three people, not one, as I likely would be voting for the entire team any time I voted on something.)

Right, I see. Although the Senate threads are open to all, even if no GM Team member was in office, I understand your position. Thanks for the response.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page