NewYorkExpress: Campaign Office-Northeast Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:42:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NewYorkExpress: Campaign Office-Northeast Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: NewYorkExpress: Campaign Office-Northeast Senate  (Read 3229 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2022, 10:03:15 PM »

I admit, I didn't want to run. But, It's been impressed on me multiple times, that it's vital to have a member of the GM Team in public office, and I feel it is my duty to serve, regardless of what I may or may not want to do.

Positions:

Game Reform

I would mandate minimum levels of activity for Atlasian Elected officials. It's downright shameful that half the Senate barely shows up to vote on most legislation.

I support common sense reforms, both to our government and to the game engine, to make it so another Kansas Crisis can never happen again. Speaking as a current member of the GM Team, none of us want to deal with that fiasco again, especially since everyone was ignoring the GM at the time trying to tamp everything down.

Abortion

Abortion should be safe,legal and rare.

Other

I may be a member of the Labor Party, but I am a free thinker politically. I will not blindly follow Labor Party doctrine without reason. I will always put you, and the country ahead of Party Politics.

NewYorkExpress.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 08:05:15 PM »

Endorsed
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 11:30:12 PM »

Endorsed!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 12:50:40 AM »

A big thank you to the DA for their endorsement of me, in my first official campaign.

NewYorkExpress.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 06:03:15 PM »

You don't want the position, and there is another candidate. Why not drop out? Why are you running? Also, is a member of the GM team allowed to hold office? Wouldn't that be considered a conflict of interest?

I hope you don't see my questions as being rude, but I'm curious as to what your answers would be.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 09:46:29 PM »

You don't want the position, and there is another candidate. Why not drop out? Why are you running? Also, is a member of the GM team allowed to hold office? Wouldn't that be considered a conflict of interest?

I hope you don't see my questions as being rude, but I'm curious as to what your answers would be.

Yes one member of the GM Team is allowed to hold office.

I may not have wanted to run, but I definitely want to win. I'm competitive like that, and it has been pointed out to me that a member of the GM Team in an office of some kind is important.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 11:50:51 AM »

Concession Speech

While the polls are not yet closed, I feel that the deficit I am currently facing is simply too great for me to have a realistic chance at victory.

I would like to congratulate my opponent, Lakigigar on his impending election to the Senate. Both of us fought an excellent campaign in a seat neither of us thought would be open.

I also would like to congratulate my colleague on the GM Team, Weatherboy1102, on his likely return to the Senate. We've worked as a great team for the past few months as part of the GM Team, and even though you are returning to the Senate, I look forward to that continuing.

I would also like to thank the DA for having the faith to endorse me, and I'm sorry I was unable to repay your faith in me.

This won't be the last you see of me. I intend to remain an active member of the GM Team, and I will run for office again in the future.

NewYorkExpress
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 01:17:43 PM »

I may not have wanted to run, but I definitely want to win. I'm competitive like that, and it has been pointed out to me that a member of the GM Team in an office of some kind is important.

Why is it important to have a member of the GM Team in elected office (genuinely asking)?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2022, 01:26:46 PM »

Why is it important to have a member of the GM Team in elected office (genuinely asking)?

Having an inside look at policy being discussed in the Senate that you can bring back to the other members of the team is valuable (at least, that's my reasoning). How I would vote on said policy isn't (indeed, I'd probably be abstaining a lot to avoid interfering with ongoing storylines if I had won), but giving my teammates a look at how the Senate is deliberating, and occasionally voting on policy is important (indeed, if I won, my vote would likely have been three people, not one, as I likely would be voting for the entire team any time I voted on something.)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2022, 01:43:13 PM »

Having an inside look at policy being discussed in the Senate that you can bring back to the other members of the team is valuable (at least, that's my reasoning). How I would vote on said policy isn't (indeed, I'd probably be abstaining a lot to avoid interfering with ongoing storylines if I had won), but giving my teammates a look at how the Senate is deliberating, and occasionally voting on policy is important (indeed, if I won, my vote would likely have been three people, not one, as I likely would be voting for the entire team any time I voted on something.)

Right, I see. Although the Senate threads are open to all, even if no GM Team member was in office, I understand your position. Thanks for the response.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2022, 02:37:05 PM »

Thank you for the felicitations. I agree that we both ran a good campaign. I think you are a valuable GM and i look forward to see what you have ahead in you in the future.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2023, 09:49:13 PM »

A couple of things to discuss tonight.

First, I am running in the special election to replace the incoming Vice President, Lakigigar. I have long believed I have much to offer Atlasia, and I look forward to serving in the Senate.

That brings me to the other topic I wish to discuss tonight. With the news that our outgoing President has expressed his interest in the next available vacancy on the GM Team, I feel the time is right for me to announce that I will step down as a member of the GM Team, pending the successful appointment of my successor.

I'm proud of the work I've done the past half year, and I look forward to seeing what my successor will produce.

To my colleagues, Weatherboy1102 and Forumlurker, I thank you for your help, guidance and hard work making this GM Team as strong as it was.

I would be honored to return to the GM Team sometime in the future, but for now, I will look to serve in other ways.

NewYorkExpress.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2023, 10:49:58 PM »

it's been an honor working with you. I wish you the best of luck in your senate race.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 02:30:49 AM »

Endorsed
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 04:17:59 PM »

Endorsed!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 03:13:09 PM »

Hello,

In your December announcement, you said you are a free thinker. Do you have any conservative/moderate stances which you will accentuate in the campaign?

Thanks,
WM
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 03:25:45 PM »

Hello,

In your December announcement, you said you are a free thinker. Do you have any conservative/moderate stances which you will accentuate in the campaign?

Thanks,
WM

I think I'm more pro-death penalty than pretty much everyone else, though I wouldn't consider reinstating it a priority.

That said, my goal is to look at each piece of legislation being offered. I'm not beholden to any one party. If I like something, I will vote for it, regardless of who introduced it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 04:27:47 PM »

Endorsed for high preference my Friend
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 11:59:56 PM »

"High preference"

Why not highest preference, we are talking about a special election to replace one seat in a race with probably only 2, maybe 3 candidates.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2023, 11:15:54 AM »

"High preference"

Why not highest preference, we are talking about a special election to replace one seat in a race with probably only 2, maybe 3 candidates.
Because I don't know yet who else will be running
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2023, 12:08:30 PM »

"High preference"

than it's not an endorsement, my friend.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2023, 08:49:35 AM »

"High preference"

I don't want to cause drama lol. I just wanted to Say that I genuinely like NYE as a person
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2023, 08:52:21 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2023, 08:55:59 AM by Senator Laki »

"High preference"

I don't want to cause drama lol. I just wanted to Say that I genuinely like NYE as a person

That you genuinely like NYE as a person but ultimately will not vote for him.

Where is the "i support you, no matter what" kind of promise?

Labor literally ran him in december versus me and now is unwilling to support them.

And worst thing out of all, you don't even have an idea who your candidate is going to be.

You last minute had to change Prag Pop from race so that Lincoln had a candidate (without his proper consent, given his vote for Sirius was telling), and we are talking about the whole of Lincoln, not just the northeast.

In december, Lincoln voted for a Peace candidate for a whole term, that term hasn't finished yet and Peace has gotten a mandate, and I nominate NewYorkExpress to replace me in the senate.

There is one thing Labor keeps forgetting, at the end I decide whether there is a special election or not.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2023, 09:20:00 AM »

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2023, 12:31:28 PM »

if it wasn't clear from my post, endorsed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies