If Biden converted to Protestantism before the 2024 election, would that help or hurt him?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:30:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Biden converted to Protestantism before the 2024 election, would that help or hurt him?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If Biden converted to Protestantism before the 2024 election, would that help or hurt him?
It would help him

It would hurt him

It would have no impact

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: If Biden converted to Protestantism before the 2024 election, would that help or hurt him?  (Read 3171 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2022, 11:58:24 AM »

Dang, if only I’d put ten thousand dollars on this right when it was at 75%.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2022, 12:13:11 PM »

Mana you mean. The site uses play money.

Also the reason it was so high is I myself was betting on it as a form of market manipulation. I put down 100 mana and it surges thus resulting in more bets. I get 10 mana a bet...so I made that 100 back, then i dumped my shares, I lost mana but made an overall profit with the new trade bonuses.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2022, 01:16:08 PM »

BRTD's myopic, obsessive hatred of Catholics continues.

The fact that people find this very notion actually offensive (as opposed to "it'll never happen" but not being actually bothered by the premise) is kind of a bizarre quirk of Atlas that isn't found elsewhere.

For example if Minnesota State Representative Carlie Kotyza-Witthuhn was elected to statewide office and became a viable Presidential candidate, would people actually act offended over her status of being a Catholic to Protestant convert? Actually Minnesota already has such a statewide office holder: Governor Walz, although he's not mentioned much as a likely Presidential candidate (and also Keith Ellison is a Catholic to Muslim convert too come to think of it)...and actually such one actually already ran and made a strong showing for the Democratic nomination with Pete Buttigieg and no one acted offended. It's just a very common standard thing that happens and isn't much different from moving from one state to another.

It's not so much that the prompt is offensive in and of itself, but that fact that it was posted by you.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2022, 01:25:27 PM »

If Biden moved to a trump precinct, said all Protestants are a bunch of suckers, and issued an executive order criminalizing the playing or distribution of emo music, would that help or hurt him?

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2022, 01:51:39 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2022, 01:57:47 PM by NYDem »

The fact that people find this very notion actually offensive (as opposed to "it'll never happen" but not being actually bothered by the premise) is kind of a bizarre quirk of Atlas that isn't found elsewhere.

As per usual, you miss the point. It's not the notion of religious conversion that's problematic, it's your constant posting about it that's considered problematic. Constantly fantasizing about how you want public figures x, y, and z to change their religion to one you like is pretty weird.

It's also not an "Atlas quirk" that people are bothered by this, it's that this is an Atlas-only phenomenon by its nature. Nobody in real life goes around saying "Man I really wish that Joe Biden would convert to Protestant. Wouldn't it be so much better if he wasn't a Catholic?" and constantly talking about how much they wished their favorite politicians weren't Catholic. If you did this in real life (or elsewhere on the internet for the matter), plenty of non-Atlasians would think that it was weird.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2022, 03:05:44 PM »

As per usual, you miss the point. It's not the notion of religious conversion that's problematic, it's your constant posting about it that's considered problematic. Constantly fantasizing about how you want public figures x, y, and z to change their religion to one you like is pretty weird.

It's also not an "Atlas quirk" that people are bothered by this, it's that this is an Atlas-only phenomenon by its nature. Nobody in real life goes around saying "Man I really wish that Joe Biden would convert to Protestant. Wouldn't it be so much better if he wasn't a Catholic?" and constantly talking about how much they wished their favorite politicians weren't Catholic. If you did this in real life (or elsewhere on the internet for the matter), plenty of non-Atlasians would think that it was weird.
Catholic social media gets openly excited all the time whenever some public figure converts to Catholicism though...is that any different from my posts? Sounds like just the inverse of it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2022, 05:54:37 PM »

Catholic social media gets openly excited all the time whenever some public figure converts to Catholicism though...is that any different from my posts? Sounds like just the inverse of it.

Catholic social media is full of weird and horrible people. You don't want to be like them.
Builder Refused
Rookie
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2022, 11:50:52 PM »

I will say if Biden converts to Islam I will do voter fraud to get him elected
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2022, 12:05:26 AM »

For example if Minnesota State Representative Carlie Kotyza-Witthuhn was elected to statewide office and became a viable Presidential candidate, would people actually act offended over her status of being a Catholic to Protestant convert? Actually Minnesota already has such a statewide office holder: Governor Walz, although he's not mentioned much as a likely Presidential candidate (and also Keith Ellison is a Catholic to Muslim convert too come to think of it)...and actually such one actually already ran and made a strong showing for the Democratic nomination with Pete Buttigieg and no one acted offended. It's just a very common standard thing that happens and isn't much different from moving from one state to another.

Anti-Catholicism is a real thing and, intentionally or not, you have fanned its flames repeatedly in a somewhat disturbing way. Give it a rest.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2022, 12:13:25 AM »

Anti-Catholicism is a real thing and, intentionally or not, you have fanned its flames repeatedly in a somewhat disturbing way. Give it a rest.
Only for liberal reasons though. Like I've said I would never attend a church that isn't LGBT-affirming and allows female pastors. So those are liberal values.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies