Newsom is a flawed candidate for Prez due to Homelessness
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:09:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Newsom is a flawed candidate for Prez due to Homelessness
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newsom is a flawed candidate for Prez due to Homelessness  (Read 482 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2022, 04:43:33 AM »
« edited: December 02, 2022, 04:54:29 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/newsom-furious-homelessness-california-mad-130008771.html

Harris with MI instead of Iowa becomes the first state will almost certainly become the nominee I. 2028 not 2024 because with 4% unemployment Biden will beat DeSantis
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 11:03:05 AM »

I doubt Newsom is homeless.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 03:46:16 PM »

All candidates are flawed because they are human. None of them can solve all the country's problems. Newsom is not God, not special, just human and he's doing the best he can. He inherited the homeless problem from years and years of homelessness being a problem in California.

This is about the 20th time I have read Mr. Barkari Sellers tell us that Newsom hasn't solved the homeless problem in California yet. So I ask you, what do you think he should do about it?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 07:44:18 PM »

Newsom would be a bad national candidate for reasons beyond this. Certainly it doesn't help though. I wish I could buy into the hype for him in that regard otherwise, but I just can't.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 12:43:55 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2022, 12:48:56 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

First of all he gave before the Pandemic all the Section 8 vouchers to migrants, I lived by USC and all the migrants were on Section 8, I talked to these Latinos or migrants face to face and told me verbally their mom got on Section 8, now how did they get Section 8 and blks we're living in sober living homes not Apartments, and second of all he short changed people on Golden State Stimulus, third of all they have a lot of shelters but they beautify the Salvation Armies they aren't the Salvation Army in other states those are missions the Salvation Army is called Ark a sober living home instead of remodeled shelters or missions they spend money on Ark in Anaheim, Long Beach

They can remodel those missions and tear down Arks and make them into subsidized Housing

The problem is the Housing is too expensive that's how you solve the homeless crisis and now more people are gonna come since they are talking reparations but they haven't passed anything yet and they said it can be TUITION or cash vouchers and you have to be directly faced Discrimination, there is stipulations

The reason why they don't remodel the shelters or give blks Section 8 vouchers they beautify Beverly's Hills

The media keeps talking up Newsom because he is Good looking like DeSantis but he is at 6 percent to Harris and Biden in the polls he is never gonna be Prez just like DeSantis Trump is leading him 36/30 as soon as Newsom or DeSantis loses a state their ora of invincibility will be shattered
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 02:22:54 AM »

I remember he claimed that a majority of San Francisco homeless were from Texas. Rather a stupid assertion to make. I suspect that the correct statistic was that for SF homeless who were from out of state, a plurality were from Texas. Which isn't a very interesting statistic if you think about it.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 03:22:10 AM »

I think Newsom’s biggest issue is that he looks like a cartoon villain trying to build a shopping mall in the fairies habitat
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 03:22:51 AM »

I think Newsom’s biggest issue is that he looks like a cartoon villain trying to build a shopping mall on the fairies grotto
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 03:48:26 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2022, 03:57:17 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The Housing is bad all over rents went up 23 percent while inflation rose 7 percent, even in IL Pacific Gardens Mission is FULL, and they offered Pandemic rental assistance instead of Section 8 vouchers because the Rs won't raise taxes, now even sober living Homes are full now it's very hard to even get into those Rents were 800 in Compton now it's the market rate, it's not the rent per se you gotta pay double rent for Security deposit plus moving expenses and furniture to get an Apartment, most people when they move don't have double rent they just have 1mnth rent that's why even sober living homes are full to compacity and there are people moving away from the state but more are coming because of open borders

2028 is a long time but Harris is leading because it's time for another blk Prez

Tim Ryan said he was using his OH Senate seat to become Prez and called out Biden and Harris as old fashioned before he even won just like Joe Kennedy they are out and the only white male left is NEWSOM and he is at 6%

Now, even more Homeless Blk men are coming it's all over the news that Cali is offering reparations but they haven't passed anything yet and there are stipulations , like you have to personally experience a discrimination practices and it can be cash vouchers or tuition it's not a Natl reparations unless I'm 24 which is Ds best chance, win the H get rid of Sinema and Manchin and win OH MT and FL, Matthew Sancrainte is a phenomenal candidate Biden is leading in FL to Trump

OH and FL aren't voting 20% to the right of the nation ever again
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2022, 04:09:14 AM »

The guy absolutely humiliated himself. He focused on DeSantis and Florida and ran ads against him and ended up winning by less. (19.4 vs 18.4)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 04:14:19 AM »

Lol DeSantis wasn't losing no way with IAN and Cuban Rubio on the ballot Rubio won by 10 in 2016 and Scott with DeSantis won by 0.5

That's why Biden is competitive in FL a Victory poll has him ahead of Trump 51/49 and Rubio isn't on the Ballot

We have a chance in both OH and FL because Rubio and DeWine aren't on the ballot in 24, they are still long shots but they will be within single pts
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2022, 10:22:57 AM »

Newsom's biggest weakness isn't so much any specific flaw and more that he really doesn't have any major strength. He's not a particular interesting character or speaker. His term as governor was not particularly remarkable. In terms of electability, he just had a pretty embarrassing underperformance for a CA Dem. Ideologically, he's basically generic D. If you're to the left of the average Dem, you'll want someone else, if you're to the right of the average Dem, you'll want someone else, and if you are an average Dem, there's nothing Newsom offers that you can't get from nearly every other Democratic official. He can't claim to represent any sort of major underrepresented group. He isn't a household name who can ride off of name recognition like Biden and Bernie in 2020 or Trump in 2016. What's the case for Newsom? What makes him stand out from the crowd that just got a lot bigger this year - Whitmer, Polis, Fetterman, Warnock, etc - there's a lot of names that are going to take up a lot of oxygen, and it's hard to see a way for Newsom to even register as a real contender in a primary. What's his niche? Boring white guy generic D? Even in that department, he's completely outclassed by Mark Kelly, who has the bonus cool factor of being an astronaut and a proven track record of winning a critical swing state. Newsom brings nothing to the table. In 2028, he'd occupy the Tim Ryan/Steve Bullock/Seth Moulton/etc lane of "who is this guy and why is he running?" and I don't think he has anything close to the political skills to get out of that lane
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2022, 04:28:01 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2022, 04:32:37 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Newsom's biggest weakness isn't so much any specific flaw and more that he really doesn't have any major strength. He's not a particular interesting character or speaker. His term as governor was not particularly remarkable. In terms of electability, he just had a pretty embarrassing underperformance for a CA Dem. Ideologically, he's basically generic D. If you're to the left of the average Dem, you'll want someone else, if you're to the right of the average Dem, you'll want someone else, and if you are an average Dem, there's nothing Newsom offers that you can't get from nearly every other Democratic official. He can't claim to represent any sort of major underrepresented group. He isn't a household name who can ride off of name recognition like Biden and Bernie in 2020 or Trump in 2016. What's the case for Newsom? What makes him stand out from the crowd that just got a lot bigger this year - Whitmer, Polis, Fetterman, Warnock, etc - there's a lot of names that are going to take up a lot of oxygen, and it's hard to see a way for Newsom to even register as a real contender in a primary. What's his niche? Boring white guy generic D? Even in that department, he's completely outclassed by Mark Kelly, who has the bonus cool factor of being an astronaut and a proven track record of winning a critical swing state. Newsom brings nothing to the table. In 2028, he'd occupy the Tim Ryan/Steve Bullock/Seth Moulton/etc lane of "who is this guy and why is he running?" and I don't think he has anything close to the political skills to get out of that lane

This is true but Barack Obama is more popular than Biden and there is buyers remorse that Booker dropped out of primary too early and was a better candidate than Biden, Biden was never a landslide candidate he replicated the 303 blue wall twice, and Pbower and Solid and Jim Clyburn acted like we were gonna win a 413 map, so looking at the next D nominee obviously Harris looks better than NEWSOM, that's why Newsom is at 6% and the Gov not Senator from Cali is blamed for the homeless crisis

But, in 2028 if we get the reforms passed that Obama didn't get passed in 2016, because he kept the Filibuster Newsom can still be the nominee, 24 is it Gallego is all but in to challenge Sinema and Ds are looking at Matthew Sancrainte in FL to get a Filibuster proof Trifecta and capture the H in 24

We don't want to go into 26 another Midterm cycle where Turnout is lower without having a Filibuster proof Trifecta that's why GALLEGO  is all but in to challenge Sinema

There are three candidates that can win the nomination on 28 Newsom, Harris and Wes Moore, we don't know how popular Wes Moore is due to fact he hasn't passed anyrhing
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2022, 05:14:17 PM »

his ideology is homeless
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »