Kanye West on InfoWars
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:39:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kanye West on InfoWars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Kanye West on InfoWars  (Read 3394 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2022, 03:29:09 PM »

I'm pleasantly surpised West's Twitter has been suspended. Credit where credit is due.
rare elon w
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2022, 04:02:50 PM »

It's been more than 12 hours now so the suspension might be long/permanent.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2022, 04:06:31 PM »

It's been more than 12 hours now so the suspension might be long/permanent.

What would even be the point of a suspension that was less than 24hrs?? Lol.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2022, 05:34:07 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2022, 05:41:39 PM by Alben Barkley »

I've lost any and all sympathy I had for him.

Maybe he's crazy, but I don't care anymore. He refuses to get the help he needs despite every opportunity, including many opportunities most mentally ill people don't get.

I'm deleting my Kanye albums and songs. Even Roger Waters didn't push me to that point despite being an anti-Ukraine tankie. At least Waters HATES Nazis more than anything.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2022, 06:36:33 PM »

Kanye has twice as many followers as the total number of Jews in the world. Hate crimes against Jews are twice as common as those against Black people. Dumbf@cks on both sides need to reflect on how their railing against the 'bankers' and the 'elite' along with not separating Jews from Israel on the left has led to the acceptance of Kanye's comments.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2022, 06:42:11 PM »

Kanye has twice as many followers as the total number of Jews in the world. Hate crimes against Jews are twice as common as those against Black people. Dumbf@cks on both sides need to reflect on how their railing against the 'bankers' and the 'elite' along with not separating Jews from Israel on the left has led to the acceptance of Kanye's comments.

Who is accepting Kanye's comments though? Literally even Trump, Tim Pool, and ALEX JONES are distancing themselves from him. Elon Musk banned him immediately from Twitter despite making a big show about allowing any and all speech.

Say what you will about these people (and there's a lot to say, as they are all deplorable in their own way), but EVEN THEY at least publicly think this is a bridge too far. Let alone just about everybody else.

And I don't think there's much point in comparing hate crimes against one group and those against another. They are all deplorable too. And there are well more than twice as many black people than Jews in the US so it's not really comparable.

I don't even disagree with you that there are elements on the left (looking at you, Omar!) to blame for antisemitism as well. But I can think of few if any examples that have gone to nearly the same extremes Kanye has, and he is explicitly far right now, paling around with Milo and Nick Fuentes and saying he likes Hitler, not Stalin. Turning this into the fault of the left (or worse, some "both sides" nonsense) takes some truly impressive mental gymnastics.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2022, 06:56:54 PM »

Kanye needs professional help.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2022, 07:04:51 PM »

He's going around now saying he thinks his bipolar disorder was a "misdiagnosis."

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2022, 07:10:01 PM »

Who is accepting Kanye's comments though? Literally even Trump, Tim Pool, and ALEX JONES are distancing themselves from him. Elon Musk banned him immediately from Twitter despite making a big show about allowing any and all speech.

Say what you will about these people (and there's a lot to say, as they are all deplorable in their own way), but EVEN THEY at least publicly think this is a bridge too far. Let alone just about everybody else.

And I don't think there's much point in comparing hate crimes against one group and those against another. They are all deplorable too. And there are well more than twice as many black people than Jews in the US so it's not really comparable.

I don't even disagree with you that there are elements on the left (looking at you, Omar!) to blame for antisemitism as well. But I can think of few if any examples that have gone to nearly the same extremes Kanye has, and he is explicitly far right now, paling around with Milo and Nick Fuentes and saying he likes Hitler, not Stalin. Turning this into the fault of the left (or worse, some "both sides" nonsense) takes some truly impressive mental gymnastics.

After Kanye's comments his number of monthly followers on Twitter gained went from an average of 100,000 or so to 750,000. After his Hitler comments he only lost 15,000 of his 32 million. If you look at the replies it sure seems many are fine with it.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2022, 11:17:25 PM »

The 2028 GOP presidential nominee everyone!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2022, 11:31:56 PM »

Oh who am I kidding with this mental health bull••••, Kanye needs to be taken down a peg and without privilege, not babied around.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2022, 11:34:37 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2022, 11:52:31 PM by Horus »

After Kanye's comments his number of monthly followers on Twitter gained went from an average of 100,000 or so to 750,000. After his Hitler comments he only lost 15,000 of his 32 million. If you look at the replies it sure seems many are fine with it.

The bigger the train wreck, the more people want to watch.

Also, likes are better way of judging someone's current popularity than followers. His likes have gone down a lot

Finally, a lot of cultural right wingers/QAnon types are mad at him over his defense of Balenciaga, who are their new Boogeyman for some reason.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2022, 12:10:38 AM »

Oh who am I kidding with this mental health bull••••, Kanye needs to be taken down a peg and without privilege, not babied around.

Working in the mental health field myself, I can also attest that most people who struggle with mental health issues do not indeed go on to become or praise Nazi's.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2022, 01:27:06 AM »

I've lost any and all sympathy I had for him.

Maybe he's crazy, but I don't care anymore. He refuses to get the help he needs despite every opportunity, including many opportunities most mentally ill people don't get.

I'm deleting my Kanye albums and songs. Even Roger Waters didn't push me to that point despite being an anti-Ukraine tankie. At least Waters HATES Nazis more than anything.
Would you rather attend Furnace Fest or a Kanye concert?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2022, 01:29:29 AM »

John Oliver should do a piece about Kanye.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2022, 01:31:34 AM »

He won't. Another piece on how all American children get shot and starve to death is needed instead.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2022, 02:56:37 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2022, 02:59:42 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

1. Alben Barkley will label any complex argument he dislikes as mental gymnastics.

2. That being said, I think this push by libertarians and liberals to discredit all their opponents (from the left to the right) as facilitating the rise of antisemitism is somewhat ridiculous all the same, especially since you gave an opening to criticize Israel ("separating jews from Israel on the left"), but did not do likewise for criticizing the banks.

The real problem here is that of cooption by extremists, of mainstream political arguments and the rise of social media.

If the responsible leaders in the room would address various legitimate political issues, then it would remove a good bit of the arsenal that has fallen into the hands of the extremists, including the neo-Nazis and anti-Semites of the world. Therefore its less that people should just shut up and like what the banks do, and more that banks should in fact be regulated or what have you.

The dogmatic approach to economics (Which I previous argued about with Alben ironically) as well as the influence of big money in politics, keeps many issues from being resolved and that provides the openings for the fringes and nutcases to "solve them their way". The problem isn't acknowledging the problem or desiring to fix it, it is leaving the crazies as the only ones to fill that void.

Any political movement or idea is vulnerable to being coopeted by extremists if left unresolved. Remember, one of the main reasons why the Bolsheviks got power in Russia, was that they were the only group with a consistent foreign policy that was against the war by that point.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2022, 03:23:21 PM »

Kanye’s positions are pretty common among the elite, antisemitism and the angst of jealousy aren’t exactly foreign to them or extreme. Musk is not an aberration of the wealthy, nor is Carl Icahn who has gone on record on beating up Jewish kids with his blue blood friends before.

Blaming social media on people being an asshole, or nonsense about “extremism” rising and not the corporate heads getting desperate is fundamentally an incorrect view of the situation.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2022, 03:29:31 PM »

Yeah I don't think love for Hitler is common among the elite.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2022, 03:59:54 PM »

Sure they can’t claim that or else face social backlash, but believing in the stereotypes and economic anxiety for people other than them being successful is pretty damn common.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2022, 04:03:03 PM »

Kanye’s positions are pretty common among the elite, antisemitism and the angst of jealousy aren’t exactly foreign to them or extreme. Musk is not an aberration of the wealthy, nor is Carl Icahn who has gone on record on beating up Jewish kids with his blue blood friends before.

Blaming social media on people being an asshole, or nonsense about “extremism” rising and not the corporate heads getting desperate is fundamentally an incorrect view of the situation.

1. Social media allows for conspiracy mongering, extremism, fringe loons and various groups like neo-nazis, to gain more followers that they otherwise would

2. Extremism rises whenever the mainstream politicians fail to resolve long standing "legitimate" political complains from bank regulation, to trade, or any number of related concerns.

3. Anti-Semitism is one of those extremists, who instead tend to blame all of ills on particular group and then persecute that group.

4. One of the many weaknesses of Marxism is tunnel vision on "the elites" and failure to understand problems from a wider perspective.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2022, 04:03:52 PM »

Sure they can’t claim that or else face social backlash, but believing in the stereotypes and economic anxiety for people other than them being successful is pretty damn common.

Okay but that is not the same thing as explicit neo-Nazism
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2022, 04:04:31 PM »

"Antisemitism is more common among the elites" and other classic PSOL hits will be coming up next right after this word from our sponsor.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2022, 04:06:33 PM »

I'm not saying I think they believe it but don't want to claim it. I'm saying I think they don't believe it.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2022, 05:27:17 PM »

Jewish people are a small, economically successful minority. Following this logic, the people most bigoted against Jews would be poorer people following populist rhetoric.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies