SB 112-35: Obsolete Programs Sunset Act (Passed)

(1/8) > >>

Mr. Reactionary:

OBSOLETE PROGRAMS SUNSET ACT

SENATE BILL

to eliminate dumb programs

Be it enacted:

SECTION I: NAME
a. This act shall be referred to as the Obsolete Programs Sunset Act

SECTION II: REDUNDANT, OBSOLETE, OR UNNECESSARY PROGRAMS
1. Authorization for the following programs shall expire on January 1, 2024:
   a. Forestry Service International Programs, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture
   b. The Agricultural Mediation Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture
   c. All projects carried out by the Agricultural Transportation Services Division, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture.
   d. The Rails to Trails Abandoned Railway Corridor Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   e. The Safe Routes to Schools Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   f. The Scenic Turnout and Overlook Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   g. The National Historic Covered Bridge Preservation Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   h. National Scenic Byways Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   i. The Essential Air Services Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   j. The Recreational Trails Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   k. Transportation Alternatives Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   l. Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation
   m. The FreedomCAR and Fuel Partnership Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Energy
   n. The Natural Disaster Resilience Competition, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Homeland Security
   o. The Natural Disaster Resilience Grant Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Homeland Security
   p. The LWCF State Recreational Grant Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Interior
   q. The Nonpoint Source Management Grant Program, currently administered by the Environmental Protection Agency
   r. The Brownfields Opportunity Grant Program, currently administered by the Environmental Protection Agency

Sponsor: DeadPrez
Debate on this bill is now open.

Mr. Reactionary:
This looks like a common sense cost saving bill that eliminates lapsed, wasteful, and ineffective programs. I will reach out to the GMs for a budget impact statement.

Mr. Reactionary:
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=324404.0

Here is debate on a similar bill in 2019.

Mr. Reactionary:
I move for a final vote. 24 hours to object.

Sirius_:
I am not able to object, but I think that the bill's sponsor ought to explain the inclusion of these programs before the senate votes to end them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page