Tucker Carlson slams NHL for alienating white conservatives
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:51:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tucker Carlson slams NHL for alienating white conservatives
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson slams NHL for alienating white conservatives  (Read 1143 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2022, 07:23:26 PM »

Canadians ARE better than Americans when it comes to racism (on average). The percentage of people who are racist is lower and the percentage of racists that are hateful racists is lower. All Canadians know this and get offended when people claim we're just as bad as Americans. There isn't data to suggest we're equally as bad as the USA, as far as I'm aware.
What evidence do you have to support your assertion? Links please.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2022, 07:44:49 PM »

Canadians ARE better than Americans when it comes to racism (on average). The percentage of people who are racist is lower and the percentage of racists that are hateful racists is lower. All Canadians know this and get offended when people claim we're just as bad as Americans. There isn't data to suggest we're equally as bad as the USA, as far as I'm aware.
What evidence do you have to support your assertion? Links please.

You're the one making the extraordinary claim, not me. My assertion is backed by common public knowledge. I'm sure I could find some studies if I went looking, but generally speaking, the burden of proof is on the person making the controversial claim, not the other person.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2022, 07:58:05 PM »

You're the one making the extraordinary claim, not me. My assertion is backed by common public knowledge. I'm sure I could find some studies if I went looking, but generally speaking, the burden of proof is on the person making the controversial claim, not the other person.
Nope, you're the one that made the "extraordinary claim". You said that Canadians are less bigoted/racist than Americans. So where's your proof?

"common public knowledge" is conjecture not proof lol.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2022, 11:15:30 PM »

A huge number of NHLers are Canadian, and, for the most part, Canadians are less bigoted than Americans. Also, of the Canadians who are uncomfortable around trans people, many of them wouldn't go as far as to hate them or persecute them.

This is beyond stupid. Do you really think the average Canadian NHL player is that culturally different from the average American NHL player? If anything, if you look at high school ice hockey in Minnesota, the epicenter of the sport in the US, it is dominated by suburban Twin Cities schools, filled with kids from upper-middle class families. These are not rural rubes, of which there are probably way more from Canada in the NHL.

Upper middle class families who are swing voters, but will lean R when it comes to crime. A lot of FDNY/NYPD prefer hockey because the players and coaches respect their sacrifices during 9/11.....that's why you see a lot of cops try to patrol hockey games than baseball or basketball games....

Hockey does a lot of PD/FD games...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2022, 11:18:27 PM »

Also, it should be noted that while a plurality of NHL players are Canadian, the majority are not. Here's the top 10 nationalities of NHL players (based on the 2022-23 season):

1. Canada - 42.3%
2. United States - 27.4%   
3. Sweden - 10.6%
4. Russia - 5.7%
5. Finland - 5.2%
6. Czech Republic - 3.9%
7. Switzerland - 1.3%
8. Slovakia - 0.8%
9. Germany - 0.8%
10. Latvia - 0.5%

SOURCE: https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/nationality-totals/nhl-players-2022-23-stats.html

True, but the U.S. NHL players are probably centrist/Tilt R....barely.....they are pretty much pro-police....
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies