GA-Emerson: DeSantis leads Biden by 4, Trump trails by 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:58:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  GA-Emerson: DeSantis leads Biden by 4, Trump trails by 1
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-Emerson: DeSantis leads Biden by 4, Trump trails by 1  (Read 1272 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:47:07 AM »

47% DeSantis (R)
43% Biden (D)

44% Biden (D)
43% Trump (R)

Kimball noted, “Among Georgia independent voters, Biden wins over Trump by 6 points in a hypothetical contest, with 20% supporting ‘someone else.’ However, when the matchup is Biden vs. DeSantis, the Republican wins by three points, only 8% support “someone else.”

Kimball continued, “Among women, Biden leads Trump by seven points. Against DeSantis, Biden’s lead shrinks to two points. Among men, Trump leads Biden by eight, and DeSantis leads Biden by 11.”

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/georgia-2022-warnock-holds-slight-edge-over-walker/
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 09:52:41 AM »

Given 2022, I would expect this to be the swing state* with the biggest Trump/Generic R differential.

*Also technically VA, but it would likely be the difference between Biden +10 and Biden +5.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 09:53:03 AM »

DeSantis is a better fit for GA than Trump.

That said, I think this starts as a tossup in any matchup.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 09:56:09 AM »

I still think this is the mostly likely to stay Dem in 2024 out of what I think are tossups (AZ/GA/NV/WI).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 09:59:35 AM »

DeSantis is a better fit for GA than Trump.

That said, I think this starts as a tossup in any matchup.

Lol DeSantis hasn't been scrutinized in a Prez campaign where he is against Student Loan Discharge and Warnock is leading he isn't leading anywhere he won FL by 60/40
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 10:00:36 AM »

I think both will lose, though DeSantis will keep it a lot closer.

I'm reading DeSantis at 47% vs. Biden as basically just Generic R vs. Biden, and Biden is definitely not getting less than 47 in Georgia, no matter who he is up against.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 10:02:35 AM »

I still think this is the mostly likely to stay Dem in 2024 out of what I think are tossups (AZ/GA/NV/WI).

I used to think GA was a much better bet for Democrats than AZ, but I’m less sure about that now. I’m also not convinced that PA isn’t a Toss-up.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 10:03:29 AM »

His polls will go down once he launches a Prez campaign because he DeSantis is against Student Loan Discharge and he is a Lawyer and went to an Ivy League schools just like Clarence Thomas is against Affirmative Action action and went to an Ivy League schools
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 10:06:14 AM »

I used to think GA was a much better bet for Democrats than AZ, but I’m less sure about that now. I’m also not convinced that PA isn’t a Toss-up.

You had Oz beating Fetterman, and you were wrong Biden isn't losing PA with Bob Casey Jr on the ballot
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 10:22:27 AM »

I'm reading DeSantis at 47% vs. Biden as basically just Generic R vs. Biden, and Biden is definitely not getting less than 47 in Georgia, no matter who he is up against.
Bidens Job Approval in Georgia is in the low 40ties. Biden will not outrun his JA. His JA Nationally & in Battleground States will decide his fate if he wins another Term in two years.

Joe Biden isn't Barack Obama. Obama had 50+ % JA on E-Day 2012, Biden will never, ever have a 50+ % for the entirety of his Presidency I can guarantee you that.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 10:24:53 AM »

Bidens Job Approval in Georgia is in the low 40ties. Biden will not outrun his JA. His JA Nationally & in Battleground States will decide his fate if he wins another Term in two years.

Joe Biden isn't Barack Obama. Obama had 50+ % JA on E-Day 2012, Biden will never, ever have a 50+ % for the entirety of his Presidency I can guarantee you that.

You know that Trump had the same or lower approvals in some battlegrounds and still won them or came pretty close? Biden won't fall under 47% in GA no matter what. You also know that presidential approvals tend to go up once they start running for reelection?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 10:43:59 AM »

You know that Trump had the same or lower approvals in some battlegrounds and still won them or came pretty close? Biden won't fall under 47% in GA no matter what. You also know that presidential approvals tend to go up once they start running for reelection?
Trumps JA Nationally on E-Day 2020 was 47 % Nationally and he lost the Election.
George H. W. Bush JA Nationally on E-Day 1992 had 46-47 % and he lost the Election.

The only Incumbent President who had sub 50 % JA on E-Day and won was George W. Bush in 2004, was at 49 %.
Incumbent Presidents who have a sub 50 % on E-Day trend to lose.

DeSantis already at 47 % in GA is a good Start for him and if these Polls are continueing he can without a doubt make the case to Voters that he is more electable than Trump.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 10:58:55 AM »

Trumps JA Nationally on E-Day 2020 was 47 % Nationally and he lost the Election.
George H. W. Bush JA Nationally on E-Day 1992 had 46-47 % and he lost the Election.

The only Incumbent President who had sub 50 % JA on E-Day and won was George W. Bush in 2004, was at 49 %.

DeSantis already at 47 % in GA is a good Start for him and if these Polls are continueing he can without a doubt make the case to Voters that he is more electable than Trump.

Trump was lower for most of the time during his term and just gained in the months and weeks leading up to the election. I dunno why you assume that can't happen to Biden. Trump, Obama, Bush Jr and Clinton all looked more vulnerable during the midterm year than they actually were once they were up for reelection.

DeSantis being at 47% isn't that impressive (if we even take so early polls at face value), it's basically Generic R. And 47% is what he or any GOP candidate will get there no matter what (same with Biden, he won't fall below 47% here).
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 11:07:23 AM »

Trump was lower for most of the time during his term and just gained in the months and weeks leading up to the election. I dunno why you assume that can't happen to Biden. Trump, Obama, Bush Jr and Clinton all looked more vulnerable during the midterm year than they actually were once they were up for reelection.

DeSantis being at 47% isn't that impressive (if we even take so early polls at face value), it's basically Generic R. And 47% is what he or any GOP candidate will get there no matter what (same with Biden, he won't fall below 47% here).
This makes no sense. How is that not impressive when Biden (the incumbent president) gets 43% in the same poll? Or do you expect 100% of undecided voters to be democrats?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2022, 12:37:40 PM »

Lake was no Kemp, but I think other performances by Republicans in AZ should worry them going into 2024. In particular, seeing how hard Masters crashed and burned was quite telling. 2020 proved in my opinion that there isn't some unique bipartisan love for Kelly in Arizona (like there is for say Collins in Maine), as he didn't do all that much better than Biden. 2022 Senate also indicated that there are a lot of Arizona Republican voters willing to vote for Libertarians, at least based on results from all those red counties. It adds to my prediction that Trump has a lot more to fear from third-party defections than Biden does in 2024.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2022, 01:21:30 PM »

Yes, this year kind of scrambled things.  Looks like compared to expectations, Dobbs helped Democrats a lot in the North and West but if anything helped Republicans a bit in the South.  AZ could plausibly be going the way of CO now given Lake lost even while improving on Trump's Hispanic numbers.

What are you thinking about PA?  That it might be an easier than expected Dem win?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 02:16:50 PM »

Yes, this year kind of scrambled things.  Looks like compared to expectations, Dobbs helped Democrats a lot in the North and West but if anything helped Republicans a bit in the South.  AZ could plausibly be going the way of CO now given Lake lost even while improving on Trump's Hispanic numbers.

What are you thinking about PA?  That it might be an easier than expected Dem win?

The problem in AZ is that it all comes down to Maricopa County, and the trend line there is unambiguously bad for the GOP. The retiree areas are basically maxed out in terms of margins and not attracting as many new newcomers as states like FL. The Hispanic vote is largely concentrated in urban areas, and even if the Native counties in the North started shifting right, it wouldn’t be enough to counteract Maricopa.

No, I said that PA is still a Toss-up and that people shouldn’t read too much into Oz's and Mastriano's performances. PA is a must-win for any Republican nominee if AZ and GA give out for the GOP:

This was 270D-268R before redistricting, it’s 270R-268D now! A very underrated map in general, if you ask me.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2022, 02:30:57 PM »

Yes, this year kind of scrambled things.  Looks like compared to expectations, Dobbs helped Democrats a lot in the North and West but if anything helped Republicans a bit in the South.  AZ could plausibly be going the way of CO now given Lake lost even while improving on Trump's Hispanic numbers.

What are you thinking about PA?  That it might be an easier than expected Dem win?

The problem in AZ is that it all comes down to Maricopa County, and the trend line there is unambiguously bad for the GOP. The retiree areas are basically maxed out in terms of margins and not attracting as many new newcomers as states like FL. The Hispanic vote is largely concentrated in urban areas, and even if the Native counties in the North started shifting right, it wouldn’t be enough to counteract Maricopa.

No, I said that PA is still a Toss-up and that people shouldn’t read too much into Oz's and Mastriano's performances. PA is a must-win for any Republican nominee if AZ and GA give out for the GOP:

This was 270D-268R before redistricting, it’s 270R-268D now! A very underrated map in general, if you ask me.

Lol you wish we are gonna lose PA and WI with Tammy Baldwin and Bob Casey Jr up for reelection you had Oz beating Fetterman ha
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2022, 03:00:06 PM »

OK, that makes sense. 

For that map, I do question whether NC would hold up for R's in a world where GA is voting that far left?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2022, 09:23:05 PM »

Trump had the potential to do a little worse than 47% here if he’s the nominee again.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2022, 12:35:31 AM »

OK, that makes sense.  

For that map, I do question whether NC would hold up for R's in a world where GA is voting that far left?

You had this map last time  in 2020 and you Lost , lol he predicted Oz to Def Fetterman
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2022, 02:08:07 AM »

I can totally buy DeSantis winning Georgia and Trump losing it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2022, 01:05:54 PM »

I can totally buy DeSantis winning Georgia and Trump losing it.
DeSantis hasn't been scrutinized in a Prez race he only has been scrutinized in FL where the state doesn't have state income taxes and tax cuts are popular in the blue wall states tax cuts are unpopular we have state income taxes and high property Taxes

DeSantis is losing 43/39 in the Emerson he isn't winning 60/40 like he just did in a midterm in FLORIDA , FL and OH aren't voting 20% to the right of the nation anymore that was very special if DeWikne underperforming Vance would have lost but no scandal DeWine helped Vance but Rs aren't winning OH by 20 in 24 allowing 3*Brown has a chance
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies