Dr Oz wants his TV show back but it's not likely
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:28:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dr Oz wants his TV show back but it's not likely
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dr Oz wants his TV show back but it's not likely  (Read 791 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2022, 07:39:39 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-oz-wants-tv-show-170000121.html
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 07:46:39 AM »

Hosted live from beautiful New Jersey!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 08:19:12 AM »

it's a linear equation. The more you f* ck around...
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 12:37:18 PM »

The only future in TV I can see Dr. Oz working in is some kind of talk show like what Justice Pirro is doing. I can't see how any of the mainstream networks would let him start another show, especially since his ex-friends like Oprah want nothing to do with him. And if he does, more likely than not it will go down the same path as that legal analysis show that Justice Pirro tried doing that was quickly forgotten.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 12:38:37 PM »

Everything Trump Touches Dies.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 12:39:38 PM »

Why did he ever leave the show to run really . Like what benefits did he have of doing so especially given how the individual senator now days doesn’t even have much influence.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 04:40:47 PM »

Why did he ever leave the show to run really . Like what benefits did he have of doing so especially given how the individual senator now days doesn’t even have much influence.

The same as Herschel Walker: Attention and a platform for grandstanding.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 05:04:55 PM »

I mean it makes sense for Walker though given it’s been decades since he was particularly in the national spotlight but Oz already was in it and his show got pretty good ratings too . Like being a senator actually would result in less attention probably not more .

My guess is with Oz it was ego thinking he was capable enough to succeed in politics too
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 07:30:00 PM »

I posed that question throughout his Senate campaign. And it's why I personally think he is the true biggest loser of this election cycle. He gave up a lucrative, even if controversial, daytime television show for nothing essentially. And his reputation is now even worse because of it.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 08:03:10 AM »

I posed that question throughout his Senate campaign. And it's why I personally think he is the true biggest loser of this election cycle. He gave up a lucrative, even if controversial, daytime television show for nothing essentially. And his reputation is now even worse because of it.

I get the feeling that he'll run again for another office if he doesn't go back to TV
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2022, 08:12:06 AM »

I get the feeling that he'll run again for another office if he doesn't go back to TV

Where would he even run? NJ is a very machine-oriented state and the party bosses there probably wouldn't be very open to the idea of his candidacy.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2022, 08:58:08 AM »

Republicans must have convinced him that the Senate seat was not competitive and that he'd be certain to win.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2022, 10:34:52 AM »

...with trays of crudites for the whole audience (:
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2022, 10:47:57 AM »

What most people have mused in here is correct- what was Oz thinking? To give up a lavish lifestyle with an easy TV show gig with millions and still a pretty good reputation? Why was he willing to throw it all down the drain for this? At this point you just have to assume that he's just super power hungry, and he seems like the worst caricature of it. Because there's literally no other reason someone would throw it all away for a senate seat like he did.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2022, 10:52:32 AM »

What most people have mused in here is correct- what was Oz thinking? To give up a lavish lifestyle with an easy TV show gig with millions and still a pretty good reputation? Why was he willing to throw it all down the drain for this? At this point you just have to assume that he's just super power hungry, and he seems like the worst caricature of it. Because there's literally no other reason someone would throw it all away for a senate seat like he did.

I think he’s just so out of touch that he didn’t expect to get the reception he did.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2022, 12:10:06 PM »

I think he’s just so out of touch that he didn’t expect to get the reception he did.

Oh definitely. I think that also played a role as well. I think he thought he was more well-liked and that the TV/celebrity fame would carry him more than he did. He's clearly very narcissistic, just like Trump
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »

Republicans must have convinced him that the Senate seat was not competitive and that he'd be certain to win.

To add to this, it is absolutely hilarious that Republicans went out of their way to court Dr. Mehmet Oz into running for a competitive Senate seat. They deserved to lose.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2022, 06:24:54 PM »

To add to this, it is absolutely hilarious that Republicans went out of their way to court Dr. Mehmet Oz into running for a competitive Senate seat. They deserved to lose.

Lol, do you know whom supported OZ over McCormick in the R promaries it were females whom voted for the weaker candidates, that's whom monkeyed with the primaries not men
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2022, 11:54:20 PM »

Will he get a show on Fox news?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2022, 07:42:36 AM »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Network TV isn't falling over themselves to give shows to doctors who mock people for having had a stroke?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2022, 07:47:19 AM »

If that was the case, in order to convince him they probably pointed him in the direction of the Atlas forum for all of 2021 where almost everyone here was saying that he was a near lock to win the seat. I remember someone here taking umbrage at my prediction that Fetterman would do better with white working class voters than Biden had due to his own background and appearance in conjunction with Oz's perceived elitism and weirdness. Turns out, that's pretty much what happened.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2022, 07:05:14 PM »

That's really his only opening. But even then, would Fox News really want to waste airtime on a show devoted to his specialty of quack medicine? They wouldn't object to it for that reason, don't get me wrong, but they're better served filling that time with direct political fear-mongering instead, as is the norm.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2022, 11:30:06 PM »

I mean it makes sense for Walker though given it’s been decades since he was particularly in the national spotlight but Oz already was in it and his show got pretty good ratings too . Like being a senator actually would result in less attention probably not more .

My guess is with Oz it was ego thinking he was capable enough to succeed in politics too

Bingo.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2022, 09:00:46 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2022, 09:05:46 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

It's not likely due to fact he ran on Trump brand and Oprah and Barbara Walters run the View and Dr Phil OWN and Dr Oz and any associates with Trump is deemed as insurrection, he won't be on, because Trump is under criminal and civil probes

We all know Trump wants to be exonerated by himself as Prez or DeSantis that's gonna play into 24 in blue states that's why DeSantis is gonna lose

Whoopi Goldberg is still on the View for 10 yrs because Walters like her due to she reminds her of Oprah Winfrey
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies