Anyone else just really don’t ever listen to music at all?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:32:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Anyone else just really don’t ever listen to music at all?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else just really don’t ever listen to music at all?  (Read 436 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2022, 12:43:30 AM »
« edited: December 01, 2022, 12:48:04 AM by Reverse-tradamus »

Writing this because everyone is talking about their Spotify lists irl. Have any of you never really listened to music for fun? Like everyone is always talking about it and sure it’s not a bad thing and I will always be up for bopping my head to a beat in the background, but it never is a big thing to me. I basically never voluntarily play music. I tried to listen to it while studying under reccomendation and eh…results are mixed so I stopped.

The fact people have music preferences or favorite songs? Astounding. Like I won’t say they all sound the same but…they all are okay to listen to ig but nothing more…
I do watch ERB ig but idk if that really counts given it’s more of a full video. Other than that, maybe a couple parody songs that are really funny but no actual songs. I did watch Eurovision with friends ig last summer but that was more to hang out, (and I “picked” my favorite songs based on which ones were weirdest just for the heck of it) Other than that can’t recall an actual music experience I have sought out.

Idk weird question but if there is anyone like me it will be the weirdos in this cesspool Smiley
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 12:11:14 PM »

I’ve heard of this affliction before. It’s called “not having a soul.”
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 12:21:19 PM »

says the person who ignores the entire 21st century and still listens the police and the rolling stones.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 12:32:09 PM »

says the person who ignores the entire 21st century and still listens the police and the rolling stones.

I like the Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Cage the Elephant, Amy Winehouse, Foster the People, etc. Most modern music is soulless in a different way.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 12:36:54 PM »

I like the Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Cage the Elephant, Amy Winehouse, Foster the People, etc. Most modern music is soulless in a different way.

commercial music maybe is

But you're generalizing when it comes to modern music.

Also a band like Arctic Monkeys in all honesty is commercial as well.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 12:39:35 PM »

I have nothing against commercial music if it’s good. When did I complain about that? Led Zeppelin and the Beatles are two of the most commercialized bands ever, but that’s because they’re good.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 01:07:56 PM »

It's been a long long time for me.  Once in a while I'll put on one song from a group from youtube, but in the car, sports talk radio all of the time.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 02:23:58 PM »

I have nothing against commercial music if it’s good. When did I complain about that? Led Zeppelin and the Beatles are two of the most commercialized bands ever, but that’s because they’re good.

I was going to say, most of the general consensus best bands are and always were very commercialized. The problems with modern popular music run much deeper than it being commercial.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 04:21:06 PM »

I’m not like that. Listening to music is one of my biggest passions!
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »

I get mostly listening to music passively, my mom mostly listens to the radio and she's more than fine with that. But i'm pretty sure that being "astounded" that people have musical preferences is pretty unusual to say the least
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 05:05:32 PM »

I can't even remember the last day I didn't listen to music. The radio is on for the entire workday in the office or at home, and sometimes even after work. I also frequently listen to music on my phone and download new titles multiple times a week. Music also helps me to find inspiration for certain things in life. Really couldn't live without it.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 11:33:37 PM »

I get mostly listening to music passively, my mom mostly listens to the radio and she's more than fine with that. But i'm pretty sure that being "astounded" that people have musical preferences is pretty unusual to say the least
I’m not “astounded” in the sense I am shocked it exists but I am astounded because well…I just have a hard time understanding how people feel strongly about certain songs/genres. Ig kinda like ppl who vote for Trump, I’m not astounded they exist but I am also astounded in a different way.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2022, 09:26:04 AM »

To quote Tom Johnston’s lyrics: “Music is the doctor of my soul.”
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2022, 09:49:35 AM »

I certainly have musical preferences, but I'm not someone to listen to music 24/7.  I'll mostly just listen in the car (outside of things like worship at church), but I do like hearing live music too from time to time.

When I'm listening to music in the car, typically I have on The Message (SiriusXM's worship music station), but I'll sometimes listen to country and seasonally love Christmas music.  I do mix in sports talk at times too, though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies