Opinion of Milton William Cooper
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:57:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Milton William Cooper
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The guy who brought aliens into the mix
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Opinion of Milton William Cooper  (Read 143 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2022, 12:04:42 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_William_Cooper

Oh my god, I think I found the OG suburban schizo. Honestly a fascinating man who utilized his craziness and persona to shape the 1990s far right craze. I don’t even think I can even think about hitting the HP button just yet on account of this person being larger than life.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 12:11:47 AM »

I've read like half of his book. I'll finish it eventually. The OG Alex Jones but with more flair, charm, and actual not played-up insanity. Dying in a shootout with the FBI is pretty much the only fitting end for a dude like this. He walked his walk.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 01:39:15 AM »

What strikes me is how much of a materialist he is. Outside of his ambivalence towards those poorer than him and disdain for public schools, he really doesn’t jump off the rails until page 70, and he really dives into middle-twit bugbears and assumes that just because he doesn’t like certain people, they all must be working together. That and the ambivalence, if not slightly negative attitude, towards homosexuals as people and dislike of the war on drugs. The fact that there’s a naked young man on the cover of his book and his supposed diverse friend group is odd yet not that far out for a man of his rank in the navy.

https://highlanderjuan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/William-Cooper-Behold-a-Pale-Horse.pdf
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 08:25:56 PM »

And apparently I gave him too much benefit of the doubt
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 02:42:06 AM »

Got the death he wanted tbh.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 09:53:00 AM »

Still an HP but actually walked the walk unlike Alex Jones. Don't get it twisted, Bill wanted to violently overthrow the American government and was one of the progenitors of the brainworms that now plague our discourse, but he was willing to die for what he believed. He also shouted down callers who espoused explicitly racist and anti-semitic views and claimed to not hold those views himself. I think I believe he wasn't an intentional racist, but he certainly went along with a lot of the underlying beliefs that go in tandem with deliberate racism.

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm a little fascinated by conspiracists and Bill was a fascinating case study in that regard.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies